1. Acceptance of Terms & Conditions and Amendments.
Each time you use or cause access to this web site, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, and as amended from time to time with or without notice to you. In addition, if you are using a particular service on or through this web site, you will be subject to any rules or guidelines applicable to those services and they shall be incorporated by reference into these Terms & Conditions. The Truthbook.com web site is currently provided as a service to any user who agrees to abide by the Terms & Conditions of this site. Truthbook.com reserves the right to change the nature of this relationship at any time. Users who violate the terms of this Agreement may permanently be banned from using www.Truthbook.com. Entering or logging into www.Truthbook.com will constitute acceptance of the Terms & Conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this agreement please do not enter this web site.
2. Our Service.
Our web site and services provided to you on and through our web site on an "AS IS" basis. You agree that the owners of this web site exclusively reserve the right and may, at any time and without notice and any liability to you, modify or discontinue this web site and its services or delete the data you provide, whether temporarily or permanently. We shall have no responsibility or liability for the timeliness, deletion, failure to store, inaccuracy, or improper delivery of any data or information.
3. Your Responsibilities and Registration Obligations.
In order to use some interactive aspects this web site, you must register, agree to provide truthful information when requested. When registering, you explicitly agree to our Terms & Conditions and as may be modified by us from time to time and available here.
Registration data and other personally identifiable information that we may collect is subject to the terms of our which states:
A. Collection of Data.
Our registration process requires only a valid e-mail address and a unique user ID and password. Providing us with other information is at your option. Please take note that your user name, e-mail address, or other submissions that you make on this site may contain your real name or other personally identifiable information and, as a result, may appear on this site. Like many web sites, we may also automatically receive general information that is contained in our server log files such as your IP address and cookie information. Information about how advertising may be served on this site (if at all) is set forth below.
B. Use of Data.
We will not share your Data with others; however, there may be factors beyond our control that may result in disclosure of data, such as on our message boards. As a consequence, we disclaim any warranties or representations relating to maintenance or nondisclosure of Data.
5. Registration and Password.
You are responsible to maintain the confidentiality of your password as concerns our message boards and shall be responsible for all uses via your registration and/or login, whether authorized or unauthorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use or your registration, user account or password.
6. Your Conduct.
You agree that all information or data of any kind posted to our message boards, whether text, software, code, music or sound, photographs or graphics, video or other materials ("Content"), publicly or privately provided, shall be the sole responsibility of the person providing the Content or the person whose user account is used. You agree that our web site may expose you to may find Content that may be objectionable. We shall not be responsible to you in any way for the Content that appears on this web site nor for any error or omission.
You agree to adherence to the following rules while posting anything to Truthbook.com:
Please Do Not:
1. Impersonate or misrepresent yourself or forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any Content provided by you.
2. Collect or harvest any data about other users.
3. Provide or use this web site and any Content or service in any commercial manner or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, Nigerian scams or any other form of unauthorized advertising without our prior written consent.
4. Provide any Content that may give rise to our civil or criminal liability or which may constitute or be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including but not limited to laws relating.
5. Use language that is inconsistent with our community standards, including the use of sarcasm directed at any individual personality, insinuations that call into question another person’s motives, swear words or profanity.
6. Impede or otherwise prohibit communication by disrupting the discussion including, without limitation, using screen names in topical chats that are offensive to the topic or posting depictions that are offensive and/or repeatedly posting off-topic comments in a topical chat.
7. Use language or images that depict violence.
8. Use language that is intended to victimize, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religious beliefs or sexual orientation. Hate speech and/or images are always unacceptable.
9. Add information to this website that is illegal or incites illegal activity, such as pornography, drugs or any kind of activity related to terrorism.
10. Add, upload or transmit any Content to Truthbook.com that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
11. Attempt to harvest or collect member information, including screen names.
12. Attempt to get a password or other private information from a user. Remember: Truthbook.com will NEVER ask for your password.
13. Spam this website or discussion forum. You may not post the same message twice on the forums. Pick the most appropriate forum and post one message there and make sure the forum you are posting to is the same topic as your post.
14. Use the Discussion Forum email and Private message system to spam or scam other members.
15. Create multiple accounts. Users who attempt this may have their privileges revoked.
16. Defraud or deceive our members. This may result in your account being suspended.
17. Post on behalf of any banned member. This includes all forums, private messages, and email features.
7. Submission of Content on this Web Site.
By providing any Content to our web site:
(a) you agree to grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license (including any moral rights or other necessary rights) to use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform, promote, archive, translate, and to create derivative works and compilations, in whole or in part. Such license will apply with respect to any form, media, technology known or later developed;
(b) you warrant and represent that you have all legal, moral, and other rights that may be necessary to grant us with the license set forth in this Section.
(c) you acknowledge and agree that we shall have the right (but not obligation), in our sole discretion, to refuse to publish or to remove or block access to any Content you provide at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless, our subsidiaries, affiliates, related parties, officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, advertisers, partners, and co-branders from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, that may be made by any third party, that is due to or arising out of your conduct or connection with this web site or service, your provision of Content, your violation of this Terms & Conditions or any other violation of the rights of another person or party.
9. Other Important Factors
Truthbook.com Inc. is a not for profit spiritual organization. While we may issue position papers on the spiritual principles related to political issues, we never endorse political candidates or engage in political lobbying.
(a) You agree that any political statements or endorsements you may make on our site do not represent an endorsement lobbying or the position or policy of Truthbook.com.
(b) Our web site is a place where there is an explicit understanding that each user will independently evaluate all information presented and carefully make up his or her own mind as to its usefulness and/or factual accuracy.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. ALL RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS SUBMITTED TO TRUTHBOOK.COM ARE THOUGHTFULLY CONSIDERED AND/OR RESEARCHED BY DEVOTED URANTIA BOOK READER/BELIEVERS WHO HAVE EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE TEACHINGS OF THE URANTIA BOOK; HOWEVER, EXCEPT FOR THE ACTUAL QUOTED PASSAGES, OR LINKS TO PASSAGES IN THE URANTIA BOOK, THE ANSWERS SUBMITTED ARE THE OPINIONS OF THE RESPONDERS, AND ARE OFTEN OF A SUBJECTIVE NATURE. OUR RESPONDERS ARE VOLUNTEERS. THEY POSSESS NO CREDENTIALS TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT ILLNESS OF ANY KIND; WHILE THEIR EXPERIENCE IS SOLID, THEIR ANSWERS DO NOT REPRESENT FINAL TRUTH, AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS SUCH. Some jurisdictions may not allow disclaimers of implied warranties and the above disclaimer may not apply to you only as it relates to implied warranties. 12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. In some jurisdictions, it is not permitted to limit liability and therefore such limitations may not apply to you. 13. Reservation of Rights. 14. Notification of Copyright Infringement. 15. Applicable Law. 16. Miscellaneous Information. 17. If you witness Content that violates this Agreement or other Truthbook.com rules or standards. 18. Content.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT PROVIDED (THE "SERVICE") IS MADE AVAILABLE AND PROVIDED TO YOU AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, THAT ANY PART OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE, TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OF ANY QUALITY, NOR THAT ANY CONTENT IS SAFE IN ANY MANNER FOR DOWNLOAD. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NEITHER US NOR ANY PARTICIPANT IN THE SERVICE PROVIDES PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND AND THAT USE OF SUCH ADVICE OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WITHOUT OUR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INDICENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, (II) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR DATA TRANSMISSIONS, (III) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE, OR (IV) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
We reserve all of our rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and any other proprietary right that we may have in our web site, its content, and the goods and services that may be provided. The use of our rights and property requires our prior written consent. We are not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights by making services available to you and you will have no rights to make any commercial uses of our web site or service without our prior written consent.
If you believe that your property has been used in any way that would be considered copyright infringement or a violation of your intellectual property rights, our copyright agent may be contacted by way of sending the relevant information via our email address.
You agree that this Terms & Conditions and any dispute arising out of your use of this web site or our products or services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with local laws where the headquarters of the owner of this web site is located, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. By registering or using this web site and service you consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the county or city where the headquarters of the owner of this web site is located.
(i) In the event that this Terms & Conditions conflicts with any law under which any provision may be held invalid by a court with jurisdiction over the parties, such provision will be interpreted to reflect the original intentions of the parties in accordance with applicable law, and the remainder of this Terms & Conditions will remain valid and intact; (ii) The failure of either party to assert any right under this Terms & Conditions shall not be considered a waiver of any that party's right and that right will remain in full force and effect; (iii) You agree that without regard to any statue or contrary law that any claim or cause arising out of this web site or its services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause arose or the claim shall be forever barred; (iv) We may assign our rights and obligations under this Terms & Conditions and we shall be relieved of any further obligation.
Please contact us and send the relevant information via our email. Truthbook.com cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your report.
All users must evaluate, and bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Content they add to this website. Truthbook.com shall not be responsible for any Content that it does not add. Truthbook.com does not prescreen or monitor all Content as a matter of policy, but Truthbook.com shall have the right, but not the responsibility, to remove Content which is deemed in Truthbook.com’s sole discretion harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of this Agreement or any rules Truthbook.com has in place at the time. Truthbook.com may elect at its sole discretion to monitor some, all, or no areas of www.Truthbook.com for adherence to this Agreement or Truthbook.com’s rules.
ALL RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS SUBMITTED TO TRUTHBOOK.COM ARE THOUGHTFULLY CONSIDERED AND/OR RESEARCHED BY DEVOTED URANTIA BOOK READER/BELIEVERS WHO HAVE EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE TEACHINGS OF THE URANTIA BOOK; HOWEVER, EXCEPT FOR THE ACTUAL QUOTED PASSAGES, OR LINKS TO PASSAGES IN THE URANTIA BOOK, THE ANSWERS SUBMITTED ARE THE OPINIONS OF THE RESPONDERS, AND ARE OFTEN OF A SUBJECTIVE NATURE. OUR RESPONDERS ARE VOLUNTEERS. THEY POSSESS NO CREDENTIALS TO DIAGNOSE OR TREAT ILLNESS OF ANY KIND; WHILE THEIR EXPERIENCE IS SOLID, THEIR ANSWERS DO NOT REPRESENT FINAL TRUTH, AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS SUCH.
Some jurisdictions may not allow disclaimers of implied warranties and the above disclaimer may not apply to you only as it relates to implied warranties.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
In some jurisdictions, it is not permitted to limit liability and therefore such limitations may not apply to you.
13. Reservation of Rights.
14. Notification of Copyright Infringement.
15. Applicable Law.
16. Miscellaneous Information.
17. If you witness Content that violates this Agreement or other Truthbook.com rules or standards.