Need A Desktop Redo? How About Changing The Wallpaper?
A while back, we sent you a notice regarding our latest Truthbook Screensaver which is a dazzling display of the Best of 2006 Quote of the Day quotes and images. We hope that many of you are enjoying your new Screensaver as much as we enjoyed creating them.
Did you know that a Screensaver is distinctly different from Wallpaper? While a screensaver is a temporary display of pictures, the Wallpaper that you choose is the background that is a permanent presence behind the icons on your desktop. In some applications, Wallpaper is referred to as Background, but they are one and the same concept.
If you like the images and quotes from our Best of 2006, you'll be happy to know that any of those 180 images are available to you as individual wallpapers as well. You can see and download these images from http://truthbook.com/gallery/dsp_viewCollection.cfm?keywords=&gallerycollectionID=10
And not only that, but the entire Master Universe series, and the Epochal Revelation series, by the artist John Byron, are also available as wallpaper. Also avilable are images of the universe painted by the artist Gary Tonge. So, everytime you boot up your computer, you will see the wallpaper of your choice as a backdrop. You can see and download these images from http://truthbook.com/gallery/dsp_viewCollection.cfm?keywords=&gallerycollectionID=12
All of these images are free to you, and easily downloaded, installed, or changed following these easy instructions.
How to get Truthbook's Wallpapers:
- Go to either of the above links.
- Scroll through the thumbnail images until you see one that you like.
- Double-click on the thumbnail that you like.
- A medium-sized image will be diplayed.
- To the right of the medium-sized imgae you will see a link that says "Click Here to download this image as 1024 x 768 wallpaper".
- Voila! You now have a gi-normous image. To save this image as Wallpaper/Background, follow the intructions belkow that apply to your setup.
Internet Explorer Users
- Right-click the image, and choose the option "set as background." And that's it!!!
Mac Users (OS X)
- Move the cursor over the image.
- Hold down the mouse button over the image and drag the image to your desktop.
- Open "System Preferences" and select "Desktop."
- Drag the image into desktop pictures window.
- Select the image as your desktop. (You may need to restart your computer for wallpaper to be installed on your desktop.)
Mac Users (OS 9.0)
- Move the cursor over the photo.
- Hold down the mouse button until the drop-down menu appears.
- Choose "download image to disk" (save image to your Mac's hard drive).
- Open the control panel, click on "Appearance" and then select the Desktop tab.
- If there is a "remove picture" button, click it to remove the current desktop window. Then click "place picture."
- A dialog box will appear. Load new wallpaper from the location you selected to save the image on your computer. Press "Open."
- Choose "position automatically."
- Click "Set Desktop."
- Check desktop for new wallpaper. (You may need to restart your computer for wallpaper to be installed on your desktop.)
- Right-click the desktop, and click Change Desktop Background .
- Click the Add Wallpaper button, and then browse to its location.
We hope that you will enjoy redecorating your desktop with your choice of these beautiful Truthbook images.
The Truthbook Team