Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:51 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

(((Paradise Pilgrim)))[/b] Now that was an interesting story. Not all that dissimmilar to my own. I have never really gone out and preached on the street. But I have already decided that if I ever do, I will be reading from TUB. I have considered using an amplifier and microphone. And to record it to Tape, or even better to mp3 and to CD. Then to ask for donations to take copies of the recordings.

I too bought 10 copies of TUB last year. I gave a few away for free, and asked a few other people to pay me for the book if they want to keep it and read it. Either that or they can just give it back to me and I can give it to someone else.

I have 4 people that took that agreement. One is reading the book and is about 1/4 of the way through. This guy doesn't have a whole lot of money, so I'm not expecting him to pay me for it anytime soon. He has a lot of other "real" debts to get caught up on too, so it's not any kind of priority to me. I'll be much happier to see him actually get control of his own life and live within his means so he can get out (and "stay" out) of the kinds of debts that he has himself into. But at least he's actually reading the book. That's the most important part IMHO!

Another guy has paid me half of the money for the book. But every time I see him he says he hasn't found time to even glance at it. And he stresses that he'll give me the rest of the money soon. LOL!

I just have to laugh! I mean the whole reason I'm asking these people to pay something for the book is so they will feel some kind of obligation to at least have a glance at what they're investing in. I mean if the guy's not gonna read the book, he can give it back and I'll happily give him the money back. I'd much rather give it to someone who's actually gonna read it and not give me money. It's not like I'm doing this to make money. I could think of a lot of better ways to make money. LOL!

"A person playing an instrument in a park, or on a streetcorner is considered a bum."

What a remarkable statement! And oh so true! I myself have made most of my income for over 20 years from doing just that. I lived in Toronto for 5 years at one time and that was just about all that I did.

I did get some very interesting responses out of some people that thought I was "Homeless" or something. Here's an example of an actual conversation I had with a Woman one day.

Woman: Do you have a place to live?
Me : Well yeah! I've got a pretty nice bachelor apartment in the basement of a House.
Woman: Do you need Bus Fare to get home?
Me : I already have plenty of Money if I wanted to take the bus. But I'm gonna stay longer. I've got a lot of other things I need to pay for too.

(Aparently my last response wasn't satisfactory enough for her? She continued.)

Woman: Well how are you going to get home?

That's when I pointed over at my car and said, "I'll drive my Car."

Well that blew the Woman away! How can a "BUM" playing a Guitar on the Streets afford to own a Car? "IN TORONTO!" (The Most expensive City in Canada to live!) Tehehe!

It just goes to show that appearances can be decieving. Well I never did dress like a BUM. In fact I found that the Better I Dressed and presented myself as not needing the Money, the more Money I would make.

Generally speaking, I would go out on a Weeknight (Mon to Thurs) and not go home until I made $100. Fridays I would stay out until I made at least $200. And on Saturdays I would get an early start and easily break $300, or even $400 if I stayed out for a very long day. So I'm guessing that I was living a pretty comfortable lifestyle for someone who people made the "absurd" mistake of thinking was homeless.

But enough on that. I haven't gone out busking in over 5 years now.
---------------

(((Burgo))) Your posts have me curious. Are you familliar with The Urantia Book? <TUB> Have you read it? There was a time when I thought that The Bible was the only true source of True Spiritual Wisdom possible. It was only after I stumbled on TUB and read it that I came to the realization that I had been limiting myself in what possibilities there were. And thereby placing the same limitations on God. (God has no limitations!)

IMHO: Once you have read TUB there's no turning back. Once your eyes have been truly opened. You cannot close them and pretend you don't know what you know. (But that's just one man's opinion.) :-)
Peace!
KARLUS

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Karlus,
Anyone Who Knows Me On Here Will Tell you i Am One Of those That Has It Inside Me All Ready, We Are Born with This Knowledge, Some Of Us Though Choose Not To Trust It....I Do!! I Was Guided Here For A Reason & Fully Believe That But Please Dont Book Bash Me.

I Believe In Jesus And That My Purpose Is To Help People & To Become A Better Person & Thats All Im Required To Do......That Inner Voice Told Me So!!!
My Choices Are My Own :smile:

PS

I Dont Have Faith In The Bible Either As Thats Been Rewritten More Times Than I'd Care To Think About.

I Could Make Your Head Spin With Some Of My Inner Knowledge & The Freaky Part Is Some Of Its In The UB!!!!

Yes Paula Was Great & Sent Me A Copy Of This Book.

I Like Many Have "Seen" Things But Choose Not To Talk About Them Here Because Of Negative Feedback.

Seek & You Shall Find, But Sometimes It Seeks YOU!!!

Hi Michael,
We Wont Start On The Cricket Hey!!!!!(WA V Tas)!!! lol :(
Thankyou For Your Kind Words.
Van's Predicament Touched Me Deep Inside & After Hearing All The Horrible Words From People Saying He Deserves It I Was Pushed To Help Him.
I Stayed Up All Night & Sought To Bring Him Peace So The Fear Wouldn't Eat Him.
It Means A Lot To Me That He Made It Home As I Was Given A Second Chance.
Thoughts Sometimes Are Like Actions....Wishing Death On Someone Is Just Like Killing Them Yourself.

The Death Penalty Is Murder & Didn't Jesus Teach That Love Is The Only Way To Combat Evil.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I appreciated your efforts to purchase books and distribute them and the point is similiar to my experience when I bought books...before too long I didn't have any more. :wink: We were ready, willing and able...

Good to see your posts Burgo...you've really touched a place in my heart...Hope all is well...Aloha

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Street preachers and musicians - sing your songs of praise to the lord ,

wherever people may be , put a smile on their faces and a song in their hearts. :smile:

To my two favorite musicians - Paradise pilgrim & Karlus

Psalm 150
1PRAISE THE Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in the heavens of His power!
2Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to the abundance of His greatness!(A)

3Praise Him with trumpet sound; praise Him with lute and harp!

4Praise Him with tambourine and [single or group] dance; praise Him with stringed and wind instruments or flutes!

5Praise Him with resounding cymbals; praise Him with loud clashing cymbals!

6Let everything that has breath and every breath of life praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

'' The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best . ''
John Audubon

me - i cant sing or dance or play a tune , but i still sing praise , every day.

'' GOD ANSWERS THE SOUL"S ATTITUDE , .NOT THE WORDS.''

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

:cry: :

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2