Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:43 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Please Pray for our son
PostPosted:  

I ask anyone reading this to please join us in praying for our son.
Anyone with similar experiences with psychosis please share -- we need your prayers and support.

3 months ago we discovered that our 23yo son had developed psychosis. We first thought it was schizophrenia - but we soon were devastated to discover that it's most likely due to addiction to methamphetamine (Crystal Meth). Our little family is rocked to it's core.

One of the most horrible aspects of this drug and the psychosis it creates is that he has no "insight" as to his condition... he has no perception that his hallucinations and delusions are not real... they ARE real to him. He truly believes the bugs, demons and hi-tech people he hears and sees are real, and out to harm him...

Everyday I pray to Christ Michael, asking that, in his name, He petition our Universal Father to intervene in whatever positive way that He wills... and to reveal the right steps for us to take to help our son. I pray for our opening of the Divine channel to Spirit's wisdom to fill us and lead us.
It is my will that God's will be done in all things.

I ask anyone reading this to please join us in praying for our son.
If you sense that I can be more effective in asking for Divine help, please, don't hesitate to suggest.
Anyone with similar experiences with psychosis please share -- we need your prayers and support.

In Gratitude for God's Infinite Love,
RD

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Dear RD - faith_son,

I am so truly sorry to hear of your son's affliction, and I want you to know that even at this moment I am joining my intentions to yours - asking God to touch his mind with healing. And may God also show you a way to hope and trust that he will be restored.

I don't know much about meth addiction (although enough to know it is a terrible scourge), but I do know a little about schizophrenia, having a close family member who is afflicted with it. It is difficult to convince someone in delusions that what they're experiencing is not real. I only hope that with time, the meth will completely leave your son's system and that this will help him regain himself. And if he is still using, I pray that he somehow be led to rehab. I ask for some kind of intervention to help him stop.

Please, Father, minister to this family in crisis and send help to ease their suffering.

What is your son's name?

PostPosted:  

RD,
I am so sorry your son and your family is going through this extremely difficult experience. I, too, will pray for all of you and ask God to give your son the strength and healing required to overcome this persistent and pernicious illness.

I wish there were more that we, on this forum, could do to help.

PostPosted:  

Our son's name is Connor.

Truly, truly, I thank you so much for your responses.
I've been a long-time UB reader - and yet it only just dawned on me that I should ask our brotherhood / sisterhood to lend their Prayer-Energy to this. I am so grateful!

We knew NOTHING about psychosis, or schizophrenia -- and very little about the horrible Meth problem -- until this struck us.

But I PROMISE -- I will never turn a deaf ear to the call of others facing this.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Father for our human family of caring Urantia Book readers... and for the myriad invisible celestial hosts ministering comfort to us throughout out trials...

God Bless You All,
RD

PostPosted:  

RD, I am wondering if maybe you can find some kind of support group that has more experience with this addiction. Maybe there, you''ll find some new ideas or insights about it. God might very well work through some contacts you might find there - point you in a direction you didn't know about, for example. I do know that God works in mysterious, but also very effective ways when our eyes and ears are open and receptive. And I know you are ready to hear something - anything - that can help the situation. I wish I knew more.

I continue to feel a prayer connection with you, and on Connor's behalf. He is so young...!

He cannot fall so far that he is out of God's reach and watchcare. I pray he is willing to start fresh. Somehow, the Everlasting Arms will support all of you, no matter what.

Please keep us posted...

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Thank you, MaryJo,

Yes definitely a Support group for my wife and myself is in order! We never know who may have that special experience, message or insight that could be God's nudge!

As far as Connor is concerned, like with so many addictions - he has to be ready - and the trouble with Meth-psychosis is that he literally has no idea he's even sick. He won't see a doctor let alone consider a recovery/rehab scenario.

We've learned about Peer -to- Peer methods (putting him in contact with someone like him who's been through what he's experiencing for instance), so we're looking into lining that up.

Meth works pretty fast... the proverbial downhill spiral is more of a straight, rapid trajectory.
So, we're working the problem... As the saying goes, "Pray and move your your feet"!!

Again, to you MaryJo, and all who read these words... THANKS for your kind and Powerful Prayers!

Bless you All,
RD