Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:27 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Quote:
I just have one question though: why is it that some of us have glimpses of the ideal society and long for that day to come while others are trapped in the past? I would NEVER be so self righteous as to say I'm more evolved than somebody else. For example: the common citizen of Uganda still believes that homosexuals should be locked up in prison cells, while most of us here know better. Why is that?

Edit: I suppose it comes down to upbringing in society and access to information. But I still wonder why some of us strive to self improve while others do not.I just have one question though: why is it that some of us have glimpses of the ideal society and long for that day to come while others are trapped in the past? I would NEVER be so self righteous as to say I'm more evolved than somebody else. For example: the common citizen of Uganda still believes that homosexuals should be locked up in prison cells, while most of us here know better. Why is that?

Edit: I suppose it comes down to upbringing in society and access to information. But I still wonder why some of us strive to self improve while others do not.

I have not been studying the UB long enough to give you an accurate answer to that William S., but from my own experience I can only say that every individual has the potential to "have glimpses of the ideal society and long for that day to come" but the realization, the awakening, whatever you prefer to call it, is a 100% personal experience between the individual and the Father, and the timing of this awakening varies greatly. But gradually more and more people are becoming aware of the reality of spiritual consciousness as opposed to the temporal values of society or the system. It has much more to do with the desire of the spirit or the soul or the heart than it does with the degree of righteousness. Somewhere in our life we make a personal decision to find the Source of it all, but that decision is only the beginning of the journey. It seems however that this awakening is related to evolutionary progress in the human race as well and we learn from the Papers that eventually the planet will become settled in life and light and nearly all will be spiritual minded. So spiritual maturity and efficient and transparent public administration go hand in hand.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

96:3.1 The beginning of the evolution of the Hebraic concepts and ideals of a Supreme Creator dates from the departure of the Semites from Egypt under that great leader, teacher, and organizer, Moses. His mother was of the royal family of Egypt; his father was a Semitic liaison officer between the government and the Bedouin captives. Moses thus possessed qualities derived from superior racial sources; his ancestry was so highly blended that it is impossible to classify him in any one racial group. Had he not been of this mixed type, he would never have displayed that unusual versatility and adaptability which enabled him to manage the diversified horde which eventually became associated with those Bedouin Semites who fled from Egypt to the Arabian Desert under his leadership.

The paradox of evolutionary ascent, is whether you mean "your ancestor's evolution" or "your personal evolution as an ascending spirit of time". But Moses started that line called Levitical, and Mathew was the seventh Apostle of Jesus. The Levitical Linneage, therefore, has a greater number of the Urantian Races (as represented by Onagar, Mansant, Elijah, et c.) than were previously expressed. I do not know the rules of that house but I speculate that a house with a greater racial composite must look mercifully upon the peaceful stewardship of racial progress in every other house of Urantia. If you are, for instance both a German and a Jew, you can see the horror of the holocaust in two different ways, and you would have to sympathise with both German and Jew. It would be unwise to pit one ancestral linneage against the other, but rather one must seek to bring peace among the separate houses that currently exist. Well but even when the Urantia Book was written, the midwayer commission attached to the service of the Apostle Andrew, in A.D. 1935 warned the Urantia Foundation, do you not see that the people who Hitler had intended to slaughter are actually the descendants of Peter? [175:2.2] "What a shudder of horror passes over the onlooking celestial beings as they behold the professed followers of Jesus indulge themselves in persecuting, harassing, and even murdering the later-day descendants of Peter, Philip, Matthew, and others of the Palestinian Jews who so gloriously yielded up their lives as the first martyrs of the gospel of the heavenly kingdom!" In the Ages of Light and Life, such descendents wow along with all great warriors who died on the field of battle righteously in the love of the land, will be seen as a loss, along with all others who had failed to preserve their house in our current struggles.

The Urantia Book looks with sadness upon the death of great warriors upon the field of battle, in Urantia's history. The Civil War and the Yellow Race's conquest of china placed a great toll, both on America and upon the Red Race. The loss of the samurai and the increase of indolent persons would lead to environmental destruction, mismanagement of the land. But if wise environmental stewardship is required of Urantian sovereingty, so too is there the most impossible of demands for one who would attest to speak for his house publicly, as in "the acclaim of one's ancestry/evolution". The requirement is: the accept public office means that one formally abdicates the obligation of increase, within their own household, in order to help other noble houses, or noble persons without a house, to have a valid place, to be numbered without fear so that their house may be preserved, so that their house and the people of that house may prosper. The shame is that in the Age of Overpopulation, those of keen intellect and potential tact had deferred in their own personal obligation of increase.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
96:3.1 The beginning of the evolution of the Hebraic concepts and ideals of a Supreme Creator dates from the departure of the Semites from Egypt under that great leader, teacher, and organizer, Moses. His mother was of the royal family of Egypt; his father was a Semitic liaison officer between the government and the Bedouin captives. Moses thus possessed qualities derived from superior racial sources; his ancestry was so highly blended that it is impossible to classify him in any one racial group. Had he not been of this mixed type, he would never have displayed that unusual versatility and adaptability which enabled him to manage the diversified horde which eventually became associated with those Bedouin Semites who fled from Egypt to the Arabian Desert under his leadership.

The paradox of evolutionary ascent, is whether you mean "your ancestor's evolution" or "your personal evolution as an ascending spirit of time". But Moses started that line called Levitical, and Mathew was the seventh Apostle of Jesus. The Levitical Linneage, therefore, has a greater number of the Urantian Races (as represented by Onagar, Mansant, Elijah, et c.) than were previously expressed. I do not know the rules of that house but I speculate that a house with a greater racial composite must look mercifully upon the peaceful stewardship of racial progress in every other house of Urantia. If you are, for instance both a German and a Jew, you can see the horror of the holocaust in two different ways, and you would have to sympathise with both German and Jew. It would be unwise to pit one ancestral linneage against the other, but rather one must seek to bring peace among the separate houses that currently exist. Well but even when the Urantia Book was written, the midwayer commission attached to the service of the Apostle Andrew, in A.D. 1935 warned the Urantia Foundation, do you not see that the people who Hitler had intended to slaughter are actually the descendants of Peter? [175:2.2] "What a shudder of horror passes over the onlooking celestial beings as they behold the professed followers of Jesus indulge themselves in persecuting, harassing, and even murdering the later-day descendants of Peter, Philip, Matthew, and others of the Palestinian Jews who so gloriously yielded up their lives as the first martyrs of the gospel of the heavenly kingdom!" In the Ages of Light and Life, such descendents wow along with all great warriors who died on the field of battle righteously in the love of the land, will be seen as a loss, along with all others who had failed to preserve their house in our current struggles.

The Urantia Book looks with sadness upon the death of great warriors upon the field of battle, in Urantia's history. The Civil War and the Yellow Race's conquest of china placed a great toll, both on America and upon the Red Race. The loss of the samurai and the increase of indolent persons would lead to environmental destruction, mismanagement of the land. But if wise environmental stewardship is required of Urantian sovereingty, so too is there the most impossible of demands for one who would attest to speak for his house publicly, as in "the acclaim of one's ancestry/evolution". The requirement is: the accept public office means that one formally abdicates the obligation of increase, within their own household, in order to help other noble houses, or noble persons without a house, to have a valid place, to be numbered without fear so that their house may be preserved, so that their house and the people of that house may prosper. The shame is that in the Age of Overpopulation, those of keen intellect and potential tact had deferred in their own personal obligation of increase.

Pure blotto nonsense and all either irrelevant to or contradicted by the UB...or both. Jewish Nazis!!!!???? The German Jews were not conflicted or confused Stephen.

Oy vey!!

NOT the decendents of Peter!! False claim. Descendents of all the Apostles families!!! And all ancestral Jews from Palestine.

Please post text about fallen warriors. Just making stuff up again!!

All horsefeathers and hocum. :roll:

PostPosted:  

William S. wrote:
The arguments are very well presented and I read that it is going to require a shift in the minds of the people for them to become more selfless in the future to achieve the ideal and not the government itself making the arguments or worse imposing the ideal. This shift in the minds of the people is going to be through a spiritual realization. This will solve the problems of inequality in the future.

That there is testament to truth. I've been trying to explain this to my ultra-liberal friends for decades, but since they haven't read the Revelation, I haven't had much success. I think most everyone accepts the fact that it is impossible to legislate morality, yet government continues to try to do just that. Wisdom will eventually prevail, I'm sure.

William S. wrote:
I just have one question though: why is it that some of us have glimpses of the ideal society and long for that day to come while others are trapped in the past? I would NEVER be so self righteous as to say I'm more evolved than somebody else. For example: the common citizen of Uganda still believes that homosexuals should be locked up in prison cells, while most of us here know better. Why is that?

It has to do with the mores. Morality is purely human and it must evolve. Not all cultures evolve at the same pace or in the same areas.

(2096.1) 196:3.25 The moral nature is superanimal but subspiritual.
(738:3) 65:6.10 Intellectual, social, moral, and spiritual evolution are dependent on the mind ministry of the seven adjutant spirits and their superphysical associates.

William S. wrote:
Edit: I suppose it comes down to upbringing in society and access to information. But I still wonder why some of us strive to self improve while others do not.

Doesn't it depend upon your definition of self-improvement?

PostPosted:  

97:9.5 The greatest of all distortions of Jewish history had to do with David. After Saul's victory over the Ammonites (which he ascribed to Yahweh) the Philistines became alarmed and began attacks on the northern clans. David and Saul never could agree. David with six hundred men entered into a Philistine alliance and marched up the coast to Esdraelon. At Gath the Philistines ordered David off the field; they feared he might go over to Saul. David retired; the Philistines attacked and defeated Saul. They could not have done this had David been loyal to Israel. David's army was a polyglot assortment of malcontents, being for the most part made up of social misfits and fugitives from justice.

158:1.4 When a boy, Jesus used to ascend the hill near his home and dream of the battles which had been fought by the armies of empires on the plain of Esdraelon

131:3.6 "He is the greatest of warriors who overcomes and subdues himself. "

79:5.5 The story of this agelong contest between the red and yellow races is an epic of Urantia history. For over two hundred thousand years these two superior races waged bitter and unremitting warfare. In the earlier struggles the red men were generally successful, their raiding parties spreading havoc among the yellow settlements. But the yellow man was an apt pupil in the art of warfare, and he early manifested a marked ability to live peaceably with his compatriots; the Chinese were the first to learn that in union there is strength. The red tribes continued their internecine conflicts, and presently they began to suffer repeated defeats at the aggressive hands of the relentless Chinese, who continued their inexorable march northward.
Jeremiah 12:6 "For even your own brothers, the members of your father's house, betray you; do not believe them, even if they are friendly in their words."
79:5.6 One hundred thousand years ago the decimated tribes of the red race were fighting with their backs to the retreating ice of the last glacier, and when the land passage to the West, over the Bering isthmus, became passable, these tribes were not slow in forsaking the inhospitable shores of the Asiatic continent. It is eighty-five thousand years since the last of the pure red men departed from Asia, but the long struggle left its genetic imprint upon the victorious yellow race. The northern Chinese peoples, together with the Andonite Siberians, assimilated much of the red stock and were in considerable measure benefited thereby.

149:0.1 THE second public preaching tour of Galilee began on Sunday, October 3, A.D. 28, and continued for almost three months, ending on December 30. Participating in this effort were Jesus and his twelve apostles, assisted by the newly recruited corps of 117 evangelists and by numerous other interested persons. On this tour they visited Gadara, Ptolemais, Japhia, Dabaritta, Megiddo, Jezreel, Scythopolis, Tarichea, Hippos, Gamala, Bethsaida-Julias, and many other cities and villages.

Isaiah 66:3 "He who butchers an ox is like he who kills a man."
Jeremiah 9:10-11 "I will turn Jerusalem into a heap of ruins, a haunt of jackals" ... "Who is so wise that he can understand this? Let him to whom the mouth of the Lord has spoken make it known: <<Why is the land ravaged, scorched like a wasteland untraversed?"
Jeremiah 9:21 "The corpses of the slain layeth, as dung on the field."
Jeremiah 13:22 "if you ask in your heart why these things befall you: for your great guilt your skirts are stripped away and you are violated."

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
97:9.5 The greatest of all distortions of Jewish history had to do with David. After Saul's victory over the Ammonites (which he ascribed to Yahweh) the Philistines became alarmed and began attacks on the northern clans. David and Saul never could agree. David with six hundred men entered into a Philistine alliance and marched up the coast to Esdraelon. At Gath the Philistines ordered David off the field; they feared he might go over to Saul. David retired; the Philistines attacked and defeated Saul. They could not have done this had David been loyal to Israel. David's army was a polyglot assortment of malcontents, being for the most part made up of social misfits and fugitives from justice.

158:1.4 When a boy, Jesus used to ascend the hill near his home and dream of the battles which had been fought by the armies of empires on the plain of Esdraelon

131:3.6 "He is the greatest of warriors who overcomes and subdues himself. "

79:5.5 The story of this agelong contest between the red and yellow races is an epic of Urantia history. For over two hundred thousand years these two superior races waged bitter and unremitting warfare. In the earlier struggles the red men were generally successful, their raiding parties spreading havoc among the yellow settlements. But the yellow man was an apt pupil in the art of warfare, and he early manifested a marked ability to live peaceably with his compatriots; the Chinese were the first to learn that in union there is strength. The red tribes continued their internecine conflicts, and presently they began to suffer repeated defeats at the aggressive hands of the relentless Chinese, who continued their inexorable march northward.
Jeremiah 12:6 "For even your own brothers, the members of your father's house, betray you; do not believe them, even if they are friendly in their words."
79:5.6 One hundred thousand years ago the decimated tribes of the red race were fighting with their backs to the retreating ice of the last glacier, and when the land passage to the West, over the Bering isthmus, became passable, these tribes were not slow in forsaking the inhospitable shores of the Asiatic continent. It is eighty-five thousand years since the last of the pure red men departed from Asia, but the long struggle left its genetic imprint upon the victorious yellow race. The northern Chinese peoples, together with the Andonite Siberians, assimilated much of the red stock and were in considerable measure benefited thereby.

149:0.1 THE second public preaching tour of Galilee began on Sunday, October 3, A.D. 28, and continued for almost three months, ending on December 30. Participating in this effort were Jesus and his twelve apostles, assisted by the newly recruited corps of 117 evangelists and by numerous other interested persons. On this tour they visited Gadara, Ptolemais, Japhia, Dabaritta, Megiddo, Jezreel, Scythopolis, Tarichea, Hippos, Gamala, Bethsaida-Julias, and many other cities and villages.

Isaiah 66:3 "He who butchers an ox is like he who kills a man."
Jeremiah 9:10-11 "I will turn Jerusalem into a heap of ruins, a haunt of jackals" ... "Who is so wise that he can understand this? Let him to whom the mouth of the Lord has spoken make it known: <<Why is the land ravaged, scorched like a wasteland untraversed?"
Jeremiah 9:21 "The corpses of the slain layeth, as dung on the field."
Jeremiah 13:22 "if you ask in your heart why these things befall you: for your great guilt your skirts are stripped away and you are violated."

??????? All quite unrelated to each other and the topic and irrelevant to all prior posts too!!

:roll: :wink: 8)

PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
Doesn't it depend upon your definition of self-improvement?

Call me naive, but I always assumed that people have this natural inbuilt urge to broaden their horizons. For example: when a member of an Anabaptist community is told that there is absolutely no good outside the community they lived in their whole lives, that they would question why God would abandon all of his creation except tiny "safe spaces" for the select group of people to obtain salvation. True, some do raise that question, but clearly not all.

What I mean by broadening one's horizons is the need to behold more of God's creations and to be open to the idea that one may be wrong to their assumption that God would so easily forsake so many of his children (other people). We who want to self-improve, know God's love is much bigger.

Why is it only a minority of us have this need for self-improvement (aka broadening one's horizons) while most are content to live in "safe spaces".

PostPosted:  

The Papers explain that one of the benefits of machine labor and the reduction of mind numbing drudgery is that more and more people are freed to think and contemplate existence, philosophize and seek supernal realities. If people think about things long enough they will eventually come to some correct conclusions and once that happens then they open their "heart" to some very positive spiritual influences. It takes a considerable amount of time for some folks to show outward indications of an internal change of priorities. Some people struggle with their own thoughts for years before they feel comfortable in sharing them with others, which is why it is of the utmost importance to encourage others in their progress no matter how childlike their perception of weighty concepts. I don't think we are the elite avant-garde and if we consider ourselves as such we may lose much of our salt of the earth savor.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
What I mean by broadening one's horizons is the need to behold more of God's creations and to be open to the idea that one may be wrong to their assumption that God would so easily forsake so many of his children (other people). We who want to self-improve, know God's love is much bigger.

Why is it only a minority of us have this need for self-improvement (aka broadening one's horizons) while most are content to live in "safe spaces".

couple of generalizations from the papers on the problem:

Quote:
100:4.2 (1097.6) Religious perplexities are inevitable; there can be no growth without psychic conflict and spiritual agitation. The organization of a philosophic standard of living entails considerable commotion in the philosophic realms of the mind. Loyalties are not exercised in behalf of the great, the good, the true, and the noble without a struggle. Effort is attendant upon clarification of spiritual vision and enhancement of cosmic insight. And the human intellect protests against being weaned from subsisting upon the nonspiritual energies of temporal existence. The slothful animal mind rebels at the effort required to wrestle with cosmic problem solving.

Quote:
101:7.4 (1114.2) The great difference between a religious and a nonreligious philosophy of living consists in the nature and level of recognized values and in the object of loyalties. There are four phases in the evolution of religious philosophy: Such an experience may become merely conformative, resigned to submission to tradition and authority. Or it may be satisfied with slight attainments, just enough to stabilize the daily living, and therefore becomes early arrested on such an adventitious level. Such mortals believe in letting well enough alone. A third group progress to the level of logical intellectuality but there stagnate in consequence of cultural slavery. It is indeed pitiful to behold giant intellects held so securely within the cruel grasp of cultural bondage. It is equally pathetic to observe those who trade their cultural bondage for the materialistic fetters of a science, falsely so called. The fourth level of philosophy attains freedom from all conventional and traditional handicaps and dares to think, act, and live honestly, loyally, fearlessly, and truthfully.

and "all creature growth is proportional to Father identification..."

PostPosted:  

Makalu wrote:
Quote:

couple of generalizations from the papers on the problem:

Quote:
100:4.2 (1097.6) Religious perplexities are inevitable; there can be no growth without psychic conflict and spiritual agitation. The organization of a philosophic standard of living entails considerable commotion in the philosophic realms of the mind. Loyalties are not exercised in behalf of the great, the good, the true, and the noble without a struggle. Effort is attendant upon clarification of spiritual vision and enhancement of cosmic insight. And the human intellect protests against being weaned from subsisting upon the nonspiritual energies of temporal existence. The slothful animal mind rebels at the effort required to wrestle with cosmic problem solving.

Quote:
101:7.4 (1114.2) The great difference between a religious and a nonreligious philosophy of living consists in the nature and level of recognized values and in the object of loyalties. There are four phases in the evolution of religious philosophy: Such an experience may become merely conformative, resigned to submission to tradition and authority. Or it may be satisfied with slight attainments, just enough to stabilize the daily living, and therefore becomes early arrested on such an adventitious level. Such mortals believe in letting well enough alone. A third group progress to the level of logical intellectuality but there stagnate in consequence of cultural slavery. It is indeed pitiful to behold giant intellects held so securely within the cruel grasp of cultural bondage. It is equally pathetic to observe those who trade their cultural bondage for the materialistic fetters of a science, falsely so called. The fourth level of philosophy attains freedom from all conventional and traditional handicaps and dares to think, act, and live honestly, loyally, fearlessly, and truthfully.

and "all creature growth is proportional to Father identification..."

great quotes Makalu, perfect! Thanks

PostPosted:  

The last several posts got me thinking about the very interesting presentation in the UB of the dynamic between the parts and the whole and differentially between the whole and the parts. Both relationships are profoundly important but yet each of them is quite distinctive.

Why do some of us have broader horizons than others? Why do others tend toward inertia and status quo? It seems similar to the relationship between objects in motion and objects at rest.

There are those progressive elements/individuals/parts which may include radicals, idealists, activists, leaders, thinkers, inventors, explorers, artists, philosophers, religionists, academics, visionaries, martyrs, and others with the courage and individualism to leave or lead the herd. And then there are traditionalists and those who feel anxiety about change and perpetuate the status quo to avoid conflict and disruption and adaptation.

There are a few who act and decide based on a hope for gain. But there are far more who act and decide based on their fear of loss. Both groups are completely dependent upon the other or on one another and are linked by those many souls whose motivation and tendencies lie in between the two extremes.

The UB teaches that evolutionary social and scientific and religion progress relies upon both groups and both attributes to collectively stablize and realize and actualize and institutionalize the process of evolutionary progress.

Each of us depends upon the whole whether we are a progressive or stablizing or inertia element. Likewise does the whole depend upon each element to provide progressive motion or stablizing inertia. It is naive and ineffective for either form of element to consider the other inferior I think. Both certainly share truth, beauty, goodness, love, religious progress, and Spirit ministry.

12:7.10 (138.5) This very love of God for the individual brings into being the divine family of all individuals, the universal brotherhood of the freewill children of the Paradise Father. And this brotherhood, being universal, is a relationship of the whole. Brotherhood, when universal, discloses not the eachrelationship, but the all relationship. Brotherhood is a reality of the total and therefore discloses qualities of the whole in contradistinction to qualities of the part.

12:7.11 (138.6) Brotherhood constitutes a fact of relationship between every personality in universal existence. No person can escape the benefits or the penalties that may come as a result of relationship to other persons. The part profits or suffers in measure with the whole. The good effort of each man benefits all men; the error or evil of each man augments the tribulation of all men. As moves the part, so moves the whole. As the progress of the whole, so the progress of the part. The relative velocities of part and whole determine whether the part is retarded by the inertia of the whole or is carried forward by the momentum of the cosmic brotherhood.

116:6.6 (1275.6) And as it is with the parts, so it is with the whole; the spirit person of Supremacy requires the evolutionary power of the Almighty to achieve completion of Deity and to attain destiny of Trinity association. The effort is made by the personalities of time and space, but the culmination and consummation of this effort is the act of the Almighty Supreme. And while the growth of the whole is thus a totalizing of the collective growth of the parts, it equally follows that the evolution of the parts is a segmented reflection of the purposive growth of the whole.

PostPosted:  

Consideration of the many issues related to Paper 71 would indicate study of several papers. Development of the State is part of the evolutionary planetary progression of civilization. Governance and statehood and nationalism do not arise in a vacuum but is part of the general evolutionary process of humanity on each world.

It is important to remember and such a unique perspective given us by the UB, that almost all of what has happened and is happening and will happen on our world is repeated 7 trillion times in time and space.

Our world and the people of our world are not inventing this "wheel" of process or its result. We are experiencing an evolutionary process and sequential evolutionary result that is very much part of a general and over-arching pattern of evolutionary process that has been repeated countless times before and that experiential process has also evolved.

Most people believe this is the only such world where these stories of human development from the trees and caves to villages and towns to dynasties and cities and states and nations and globalization are being told for the first and only time!! Not true. Every world does have its own unique experience and a pattern is never duplicated with any real precision nor is it intended to be so. Variation of experience and expression are the desired norm!

But on this world and every world, the Life Carriers evolve biological life and the Adjutants evolve mind and eventually the Most Highs guide the social and political progress of every such material evolutionary world. Our story is THE story in its way...albeit our unique history is outlined and described in the UB.

Consider Paper 52 - Planetary Mortal Epochs and Papers 62-65 and 68-71 and 81-92!

These are the stories of three groups of divergent populations and how they evolve and progress over time - the progressive group, the status quo but adaptable group, and the entrenched traditionalist group. Each group moves forward in different sequence and for different reasons but over time all people participate in evolutionary social progress. Some create that which is new and seemingly revolutionary, then that which is proven to be sustainable and helpful is adopted and adapted by others until it is "normalized" and socialized and common, and then finally such changes become ingrained and entrenched as the norm so that even the reluctant traditionalist utilizes that which was rejected for so long.

There's an interesting economic market theory which demonstrates this phenomena. It has been shown that nearly every form of technology invented and developed over the past 200 years fits a peculiar and very particular pattern. All transformative technologies are socialized and standardized over 3 nearly equal time frames.

The time it takes for 10% of the population to utilize equals the period of time for the next 80% of the population to utilize and that time period equals the time it takes for the last 10% of population utilization. Consider electricity, automobiles, radio, phonograph, telephones, movies, TV, transistors, stereos, color TV, cassettes, VCR, PC, cell phones, etc., etc., this market penetration demographic curve is consistant.

The 3 groups noted above utilize, normalize, and standardize each new technology application over nearly equal time frames. But there is never an end to this progressive evolutionary march through time. Each group experiences new technologies at different levels of innovation and standardization and availability and reliability and cost and functionality.

Progress is an amazing process to witness and experience, especially when accelerating like it is now!!

PostPosted:  

I am going to offer a crude metaphor and analogy here of my points above in hope of illustrating and illuminating this relationship between progressives and traditionalists and how society and the "state" benefit by this inherent differential and relationship.

Please consider a sailing ship on the high seas with the normal winds blowing!

Consider the progressive elements of society which create propulsion and progress to be the sails and the more conservative and traditional elements of inertial effect to be the ballast of the ship itself. The ship has far more mass and area and content than do the sails. But the ship without the sails merely sits in the water bobbing up and down endlessly as their is no form of energy or propulsion to move it.

The sails cannot hold the wind enough to push or pull or have any intrinsic worth, meaning, or value unless and until they are appropriately attached to the ship. The ballast or inertia elements of the ship itself stabilize the sails and thereby utilize the potential effects of the wind.

Too much ballast to sails ratio results in slow or no progress. Conversely, too much sail and too little inertial ballast results in unstable and unsustainable top-force and speed which results in the destruction of the ship.

Both sail and ballast must be balanced. Both must be integrated in a harmonious way to provide function, especially must there be more sail and less sail when there is more ballast and less but also when there is more wind and less.

Now to the wind!!!! In this metaphor what is the wind then? I think it is the planetary midwayers and seraphim and other celestial administrators and leaders acting by the direction of the Most Highs. And they must increase or reduce the speed and force of the winds of progress and change in response to the amounts of sail and ballast civilization has at any given time in history within the Mortal Epochs of time.

Each level of Son and every ministry of the Sons results in more ballast capable of carrying more sail with ever greater winds to safely sail into the future and ultimate destiny of every world. Too much sail is dangerous in gale force winds!! Insufficient sail means no progress, no matter the amount of wind blowing. In this comparison, the wind of celestial leadership and administration is always blowing...sometimes more gently and sometimes more fiercely....but always is there energy and direction provided by the Most Highs and their able aids.

Think about that relationship between those who cling to traditions and their perceived safety and comfort of status quo and those more daring souls who dare to open their arms to the winds of change!! We are all on this ship and this ride together. And we all need one another to successfully traverse our collective and generational evolutionary progress through time.

Is the sail superior to the ship? No. We each have a role to play. A very indispensable role in fact. Let us cherish our own and admire the others as well.

Thanks everyone!!

:wink: :biggrin: 8)