Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:18 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
PostPosted:  

katroofjebus wrote:
(1179.1) 107:2.7 6.Upon fusion with the ascending evolutionary soul, it appears that the Adjuster translates from the absolute existential level of the universe to the finite experiential level of functional association with an ascending personality. While retaining all of the character of the existential divine nature, a fused Adjuster becomes indissolubly linked with the ascending career of a surviving mortal.

And thus, the great ordeal in transferring the seat of one's residence from Divinington to Ascendington, in the reciprocation of what has been indicated from "the return need", the actuation of THE existential personality of the first source and center: for the mortal to reach such absolute existential level of universe. That would be like the myth of Daedalus: for Ikarus to have understood the purpose and the route, "of having wings", before he crafted them. Or, generally, for any "Alice in Wonderland" to realise the need to escape (or at least transcend) from the prison of one's own contriving.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

Stephen,
What do you mean by "transferring the seat of one's residence from Divinington to Ascendington"? And why is it an "ordeal"?

Remember, finaliters are not allowed on Divinington, ever. So it was never our 'residence'. It is the residence of the Thought Adjusters, but upon fusion they don't "transfer the seat" of anything. They become linked to the mortal they are fused with.

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Stephen,
What do you mean by "transferring the seat of one's residence from Divinington to Ascendington"? And why is it an "ordeal"?

Great question. If the Adjuster elects the mortal soul, then HE would have to transfer "his residence", from 'as hailing from Paradise' (i.e. 'Divington') to 'as returned to heaven in the likeness of the mortal flesh' (i.e. Ascendington). You're correct. I will always be reminded that finalitors have no place in Divinington! :badgrin:

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Agon D. Onter wrote:
Stephen,

Great question. If the Adjuster elects the mortal soul, then HE would have to transfer "his residence", from 'as hailing from Paradise' (i.e. 'Divington') to 'as returned to heaven in the likeness of the mortal flesh' (i.e. Ascendington). You're correct. I will always be reminded that finalitors have no place in Divinington! :badgrin:

What do you mean "if" the Adjuster "elects" the soul?

When we have transferred the seat of our mortal identity, been spiritized sufficiently by our TA, or have even a flicker of faith...then does our TA remain in ministry....there is no "election" or options regarding the TA commitment to mind ministry and fusion that I know of. Indeed there is no record given of any TA abandonment of even those minds where fusion is impossible.

BB has here been claiming that TA's abandon mind both here and after we awaken on the Mansion Worlds. And that such abandoned minds and souls are then invaded and taken over by rebel angels and evil spirits. You're not supporting this falsification of the teachings are you?

Thanks for your clarification on the "if" and "elect".

110:0.2 (1203.2) As far as I am conversant with the affairs of a universe, I regard the love and devotion of a Thought Adjuster as the most truly divine affection in all creation. The love of the Sons in their ministry to the races is superb, but the devotion of an Adjuster to the individual is touchingly sublime, divinely Fatherlike. The Paradise Father has apparently reserved this form of personal contact with his individual creatures as an exclusive Creator prerogative. And there is nothing in all the universe of universes exactly comparable to the marvelous ministry of these impersonal entities that so fascinatingly indwell the children of the evolutionary planets.

110:1.2 (1203.4) I wish it were possible for me to help evolving mortals to achieve a better understanding and attain a fuller appreciation of the unselfish and superb work of the Adjusters living within them, who are so devoutly faithful to the task of fostering man’s spiritual welfare. These Monitors are efficient ministers to the higher phases of men’s minds; they are wise and experienced manipulators of the spiritual potential of the human intellect. These heavenly helpers are dedicated to the stupendous task of guiding you safely inward and upward to the celestial haven of happiness. These tireless toilers are consecrated to the future personification of the triumph of divine truth in your life everlasting. They are the watchful workers who pilot the God-conscious human mind away from the shoals of evil while expertly guiding the evolving soul of man toward the divine harbors of perfection on far-distant and eternal shores. The Adjusters are loving leaders, your safe and sure guides through the dark and uncertain mazes of your short earthly career; they are the patient teachers who so constantly urge their subjects forward in the paths of progressive perfection. They are the careful custodians of the sublime values of creature character. I wish you could love them more, co-operate with them more fully, and cherish them more affectionately.

I don't believe fused mortals have home....except the entirety of time and space. We may temporarily reside in many places.

PostPosted:  

He does: he elects the soul of the sleeping survivor on the prearranged day of resurrection. Or a man could have fulfilled his task accorded to his covenant within the Supreme Being, as in the ages of Life and Light, or for Enoch, "assumed" into such ordinance. This is the great election day, "whether few or many" (individual souls follow the call), but this entire celebration day, is dedicated to the "claimant" or "election of souls" to follow the individuated fragment of the First Source and Center that carried the prepersonality of the human individual, and is said to have sincerely attempted that profound fostering of mind which is accordant with "psychological maturation".

"Fused mortal" is a contradiction in terms. If you are fused, you cannot be mortal! It is not the physical body of man whom the Adjuster elects to fuse with, but rather "the spirit of man" whom the First Source and Center fuses with! Again, there is only such indication as "leaven" (i.e. you is a leaven, a yeast-cell), the innermost spirit of the human being, to hinge your small hope of being/becoming that eternal creature. However you are correct that ascendant "fused" spirits know that their home is not in the physically created grand universe, but rather YOUR HOME IS "in God", or as in "you have no 'pillow' whereby to rest your Head." :-s :wink: :D

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
He does: he elects the soul of the sleeping survivor on the prearranged day of resurrection. Or a man could have fulfilled his task accorded to his covenant within the Supreme Being, as in the ages of Life and Light, or for Enoch, "assumed" into such ordinance. This is the great election day, "whether few or many" (individual souls follow the call), but this entire celebration day, is dedicated to the "claimant" or "election of souls" to follow the individuated fragment of the First Source and Center that carried the prepersonality of the human individual, and is said to have sincerely attempted that profound fostering of mind which is accordant with "psychological maturation".

"Fused mortal" is a contradiction in terms. If you are fused, you cannot be mortal! It is not the physical body of man whom the Adjuster elects to fuse with, but rather "the spirit of man" whom the First Source and Center fuses with! Again, there is only such indication as "leaven" (i.e. you is a leaven, a yeast-cell), the innermost spirit of the human being, to hinge your small hope of being/becoming that eternal creature. However you are correct that ascendant "fused" spirits know that their home is not in the physically created grand universe, but rather YOUR HOME IS "in God", or as in "you have no 'pillow' whereby to rest your Head." :-s :wink: :D

Actually, as is clearly and redundantly presented in the Papers, we are known as mortals even in finality!! Such false but bold declarations are unfortunate.

My hope is not small...and such a claim presumes survival and fusion to be rare...a false claim. The human individual/personality has no prepersonality...we are the host of a prepersonal God Fragment.

My point was that the entirety of the universe of universes does indeed become our "home"....as the Andites before us, we are timeless adventurers and explorers who can live anywhere in any condition and situation in any level of material, morontial, and spirit reality...like a rolling stone.

What is "the election of souls"? Not in the UB. Text please.

And what is the covenant with the Supreme? Text please.

30:4.31 (343.6) 7. Paradise Arrivals. On reaching Paradise with residential status, you begin the progressive course in divinity and absonity. Your residence on Paradise signifies that you have found God, and that you are to be mustered into the Mortal Corps of the Finality. Of all the creatures of the grand universe, only those who are Father fused are mustered into the Mortal Corps of the Finality. Only such individuals take the finaliter oath. Other beings of Paradise perfection or attainment may be temporarily attached to this finality corps, but they are not of eternal assignment to the unknown and unrevealed mission of this accumulating host of the evolutionary and perfected veterans of time and space.

30:2.128 (337.29) 12. Adjuster-fused Mortal Citizens of Paradise.

31:0.1 (345.1) THE Corps of Mortal Finaliters represents the present known destination of the ascending Adjuster-fused mortals of time. 

Last edited by fanofVan on Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:58 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
He does: he elects the soul of the sleeping survivor on the prearranged day of resurrection.

Not only does the Thought Adjuster "elect" to return to the sleeping survivor on resurrection day, but he also "elects" to indwell the individual mind long before death and resurrection. Thought Adjusters choose their partners in life and then choose to return for the next life. If a Thought Adjuster chooses not to return, there is no resurrection.

(1185.4) 108:1.2 Although we do not definitely know, we firmly believe that all Thought Adjusters are volunteers. But before ever they volunteer, they are in possession of full data respecting the candidate for indwelling. The seraphic drafts of ancestry and projected patterns of life conduct are transmitted via Paradise to the reserve corps of Adjusters on Divinington by the reflectivity technique extending inward from the capitals of the local universes to the headquarters of the superuniverses. This forecast covers not only the hereditary antecedents of the mortal candidate but also the estimate of probable intellectual endowment and spiritual capacity. The Adjusters thus volunteer to indwell minds of whose intimate natures they have been fully apprised.

(1247.6) 113:6.8 The technique of justice demands that personal or group guardians shall respond to the dispensational roll call in behalf of all nonsurviving personalities. The Adjusters of such nonsurvivors do not return, and when the rolls are called, the seraphim respond, but the Adjusters make no answer. This constitutes the "resurrection of the unjust," in reality the formal recognition of the cessation of creature existence. This roll call of justice always immediately follows the roll call of mercy, the resurrection of the sleeping survivors. But these are matters which are of concern to none but the supreme and all-knowing Judges of survival values. Such problems of adjudication do not really concern us.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
"Fused mortal" is a contradiction in terms. If you are fused, you cannot be mortal!

That's right, you become immortal. I think that's the reason why the two words are used together, to suggest a new kind of immortality that is acquired through experience. They leave the word "mortal" to indicate origins. It seems as though origins and destinies are an important part of the ascension scheme.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
However you are correct that ascendant "fused" spirits know that their home is not in the physically created grand universe, but rather YOUR HOME IS "in God", or as in "you have no 'pillow' whereby to rest your Head." :-s :wink: :D

I consider the physical universe to be a fundamental part of the totality of God and therefore a necessary component of the triodity of actuality. Emergence of the Supreme is dependent upon the integrated actuality of all three levels of reality, including the physical, so it is part of our home, one third of it. But I agree that our all-embracing home is the totality of God, which includes all three realities unified by personality.

(1263.1) 115:3.14 It is in the triodity of actuality that the existents of the cosmos have their center; be it spirit, mind, or energy, all center in this association of the Son, the Spirit, and Paradise. The personality of the spirit Son is the master pattern for all personality throughout all universes. The substance of the Paradise Isle is the master pattern of which Havona is a perfect, and the superuniverses are a perfecting, revelation. The Conjoint Actor is at one and the same time the mind activation of cosmic energy, the conceptualization of spirit purpose, and the integration of the mathematical causes and effects of the material levels with the volitional purposes and motives of the spiritual level. In and to a finite universe the Son, Spirit, and Paradise function in and upon the Ultimate as he is conditioned and qualified in the Supreme.

PostPosted:  

The Corp of Immortal Mortals!!

Always liked that....destiny first, origin last...of course!

:idea: 8)

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
(21 July)

Actually, as is clearly and redundantly presented in the Papers, we are known as mortals even in finality!! Such false but bold declarations are unfortunate.

My hope is not small...and such a claim presumes survival and fusion to be rare...a false claim. The human individual/personality has no prepersonality...we are the host of a prepersonal God Fragment.

My point was that the entirety of the universe of universes does indeed become our "home"....as the Andites before us, we are timeless adventurers and explorers who can live anywhere in any condition and situation in any level of material, morontial, and spirit reality...like a rolling stone.

Maybe you are right. I want to give up my presumptions now in this moment. I want you to explain how survival and fusion should be considered as commonplace. Wherein the logic of human affairs, do you say that fusion is occurring in the lives of mortals on our world this Day?

I must confess that although I am brought up in a stable household, my own actions growing up were unwise, that I had not sought all the things that might've helped me while I am in this predicament now. Why is it that people trust me and ask me to look out after them? The things I had thought of while I was a younger man, often return to me and I know that I cannot handle my business anymore in the manner that I had before. I must reform my mind, even as I am given the new opportunities to serve my brothers every day. It is so much: both financially, and in the woesome battle to give the best effort I can give every hour.

That is the terrible dread that I have, like wiffinzebe. In knowing that no matter the greatness of the gifts I may bear, if I should miscarriage in the wisest administration of these gifts, upon myself, to patch this leaking tabernacle from within, to practice justice and apply these skills to my own tribe. I guess, to use these gifts when applicable and in doing so become a more selfless being. But I am often wrong about these things, I am just asking because I know that those who listen here in silence truly pray for their own families and for the souls of humanity, and I need to know, as arrogant as it sounds, how I or other men such as I should approach this in the new light of dawn, when such responsibilities should fall on our shoulders, without asking and with the dreadfulness of being unprepared to your own wedding/ your own inauguration.

166:1.5 When Jesus would have risen to depart, one of the lawyers who was at the table, addressing him, said: “But, Master, in some of your statements you reproach us also. Is there nothing good in the scribes, the Pharisees, or the lawyers?” And Jesus, standing, replied to the lawyer: “You, like the Pharisees, delight in the first places at the feasts and in wearing long robes while you put heavy burdens, grievous to be borne, on men's shoulders. And when the souls of men stagger under these heavy burdens, you will not so much as lift with one of your fingers. Woe upon you who take your greatest delight in building tombs for the prophets your fathers killed! And that you consent to what your fathers did is made manifest when you now plan to kill those who come in this day doing what the prophets did in their day - proclaiming the righteousness of God and revealing the mercy of the heavenly Father. But of all the generations that are past, the blood of the prophets and the apostles shall be required of this perverse and self-righteous generation. Woe upon all of you lawyers who have taken away the key of knowledge from the common people! You yourselves refuse to enter into the way of truth, and at the same time you would hinder all others who seek to enter therein. But you cannot thus shut up the doors of the kingdom of heaven; these we have opened to all who have the faith to enter, and these portals of mercy shall not be closed by the prejudice and arrogance of false teachers and untrue shepherds who are like whited sepulchres which, while outwardly they appear beautiful, are inwardly full of dead men's bones and all manner of spiritual uncleanness.”

PostPosted:  

Stephen says above: "I must confess that although I am brought up in a stable household, my own actions growing up were unwise, that I had not sought all the things that might've helped me while I am in this predicament now. Why is it that people trust me and ask me to look out after them? The things I had thought of while I was a younger man, often return to me and I know that I cannot handle my business anymore in the manner that I had before. I must reform my mind, even as I am given the new opportunities to serve my brothers every day. It is so much: both financially, and in the woesome battle to give the best effort I can give every hour.

That is the terrible dread that I have, like wiffinzebe. In knowing that no matter the greatness of the gifts I may bear, if I should miscarriage in the wisest administration of these gifts, upon myself, to patch this leaking tabernacle from within, to practice justice and apply these skills to my own tribe. I guess, to use these gifts when applicable and in doing so become a more selfless being."

I will do my best to answer such a lucid and sincere request the best I can by the teachings of the UB. I will add supporting text in posts to come.

First let me recognize the maturing mind and spiritization effects which so often cause us mortals of a certain age and experience of maturation to realign our priorities, realize certain regrets and remorse for youthful errors, become more responsible for the support and care and guidance of others (both younger and older than us), and begin to recognize the shorter material road yet to travel....I find your reflective concerns quite familiar.

I returned home after 20 years of carefree wandering and yondering without obligations or attachments to things or people and began having very similar thoughts and feelings in my mid 30s. I had read and studied the Revelation about 10 years by then and became more centered and directed by Spirit to resume my place of supporting the tribe of which I was born a beloved member.

Within a decade I was becoming increasingly important to the growing family and tribe, especially the aged and the young. What a daunting, even frightening responsibility faced by a one time rolling stone with no place to call home.

But God delivered courage, strength, wisdom, and endurance for this adventure of loving service as well as a wonderful fulfillment of purpose. My daily choices became so other-focused and my determination became resolute to help others no matter the need or challenge.

Every day of this life has been filled with choices and my freewill decisions have delivered the very path and route and realities I have faced upon this journey. Every journey is different for each of us because of freewill. We are the result of our choices and the path we trod is also the result of those choices....every twist and turn, hill and valley, peak and desert, feast and famine comes to us by our prior choices.

Life is the reflection of and result of our choices. This is how experience works. Experience is defined as the result of choosing and learning therefrom and thereby. Wisdom is the natural fruit of the teachable mind learning by experience. The fruits of the spirit are the experiential result of our spiritualization. Wisdom and the fruits come by our attachment to the vine of God...source of personality, mind, freewill, spirit, faith, hope, grace, hunger and thirst of yearning, the assurance of belonging and being loved.

All of these are normal reflections of universe reality. It takes awhile to identify, activate, organize, integrate, and coordinate the moving and growing parts of....me. It primarily happens naturally as a result of our inner hopes, ideals, and aspirations being activated into motives, intentions, and priorities. God takes care and charge of the rest of it!!

Stephen says/asks: "Maybe you are right. I want to give up my presumptions now in this moment. I want you to explain how survival and fusion should be considered as commonplace. Wherein the logic of human affairs, do you say that fusion is occurring in the lives of mortals on our world this Day?"

We must trust God and his friendly universe built by love and affection for the successful Paradise journey of his mortal children. The best way for us tadpoles (mortal born) to become frogs (fused survivors) is to live as happy, confident tadpoles and let nature take its course. Trust God. Have Faith. Believe in your legacy and destiny. Act and choose accordingly. Experience will deliver wisdom and growth.

One must believe the claims of the authors to understand that the time and space experience is designed for the very purpose of successful mortal ascension. The mechanism and the organism of the 7 Super Universes is primarily focused on and prioritized by mortal ascension and celestial experiential wisdom. The only purpose for the material creation of stars and planets is the evolutionary creation of life which develops from single cell organism to sentient human beings connected to the mind and spirit circles by the 7 adjutants for the very purpose of the existence and evolution and triumph of humanity on 7 trillion different material evolutionary worlds. Every population is designed and created for the connection to the circuitries of the universes and Deity for the adventures of survival, fusion, and ascendency!!

This is the teaching found in the UB which claims to be an epochal revelation to inform us of these important facts clarify universe realities of origins, destinies, purposes, powers, plans and to eliminate human confusions about these and reduce the errors of human philosophy and belief and perspective! You so often declare your disbelief and disagreements with the UB and its authors Stephen it is no wonder you are confused. What you believe is your choice. You claim not to believe in freewill but you obviously exercise such by the choices you make as to what to believe and what not to believe and what to do and not do. You decide. Every day. Many, many times every day. You choose to be anxious....or not. You choose to believe that truth, beauty, and goodness change people....or not. You choose hope and faith....or not.

Our life is the result of our choices. But God certainly understands our ignorance and blindness and youth and inexperience and immaturity and materialness and nature and most affectionately and patiently and kindly gives us plenty of time to learn and to grow from spirit children to might Finaliters. God is not impatient. Impatience is simply immaturity. God is not immature! God is love. Why would anyone think our paternal creator whose love rules the universe would eliminate many or most of his beloved children because of their inexperience and immaturity and ignorance?????? Of course survival and fusion are common....it is the pattern and WAY of the entire universe!! It is the purpose and plan of time and space!!

On planet fusion is not important and usually occurs on planet only as life expectancy is double our own or even more. Time matters. Growth, maturity, spiritualization, and circle progress are not a race or timed event. We are taught to embrace and enjoy our season as tadpoles! And so I am. Older...but still a pup.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:22 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

There is no need to worry over eternal damnation while considering 166:1.5 I believe. The master is issuing a harsh rebuke, yes. But he is primarily complaining over their extremely poor stewardship of the commonplace people. Remember that he told the Pharisees "Even they will get to heaven before you". He did not say the Pharisees would never get to heaven, did he? Those words are recorded in The Bible. I haven't found them yet in TUB.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
But I am often wrong about these things, I am just asking because I know that those who listen here in silence truly pray for their own families and for the souls of humanity, and I need to know, as arrogant as it sounds, how I or other men such as I should approach this in the new light of dawn, when such responsibilities should fall on our shoulders, without asking and with the dreadfulness of being unprepared to your own wedding/ your own inauguration.

We're all often wrong, and we all have regrettable experiences, but that is part of being human. Find solace in knowing that for a sincere person, once the soul begins to grow, it will continue to grow despite the many inevitable human errors we make.

(1739.3) 156:5.8 Do not become discouraged by the discovery that you are human. Human nature may tend toward evil, but it is not inherently sinful. Be not downcast by your failure wholly to forget some of your regrettable experiences. The mistakes which you fail to forget in time will be forgotten in eternity. Lighten your burdens of soul by speedily acquiring a long-distance view of your destiny, a universe expansion of your career.

(1218.9) 111:3.1 The mistakes of mortal mind and the errors of human conduct may markedly delay the evolution of the soul, although they cannot inhibit such a morontia phenomenon when once it has been initiated by the indwelling Adjuster with the consent of the creature will.

Mistakes are actually quite important for the process of gaining wisdom. As long as we learn from our mistakes, we're making progress. The angels teach us that we should rise from our failures, admit our mistakes and try again.

(1435.3) 130:4.11 The possibility of making mistakes is inherent in the acquisition of wisdom, the scheme of progressing from the partial and temporal to the complete and eternal, from the relative and imperfect to the final and perfected. Error is the shadow of relative incompleteness which must of necessity fall across man’s ascending universe path to Paradise perfection.

(555.3) 48:6.35 From them you will learn to let pressure develop stability and certainty; to be faithful and earnest and, withal, cheerful; to accept challenges without complaint and to face difficulties and uncertainties without fear. They will ask: If you fail, will you rise indomitably to try anew? If you succeed, will you maintain a well-balanced poise — a stabilized and spiritualized attitude — throughout every effort in the long struggle to break the fetters of material inertia, to attain the freedom of spirit existence?

(1779.5) 160:4.13 But life will become a burden of existence unless you learn how to fail gracefully. There is an art in defeat which noble souls always acquire; you must know how to lose cheerfully; you must be fearless of disappointment. Never hesitate to admit failure. Make no attempt to hide failure under deceptive smiles and beaming optimism. It sounds well always to claim success, but the end results are appalling. Such a technique leads directly to the creation of a world of unreality and to the inevitable crash of ultimate disillusionment.

PostPosted:  

Riktare wrote:
There is no need to worry over eternal damnation while considering 166:1.5 I believe. The master is issuing a harsh rebuke, yes. But he is primarily complaining over their extremely poor stewardship of the commonplace people. Remember that he told the Pharisees "Even they will get to heaven before you". He did not say the Pharisees would never get to heaven, did he? Those words are recorded in The Bible. I haven't found them yet in TUB.

As Riktare reminds us, the authors of the Revelation tell us that the audience and the context of the Master's words must be considered to best understand them. This is a good example of a very specific audience. The entire Section 1 should be read for better context but it is obvious the audience is the authoritarian priesthood which dominated the common believer with rules and regulations of conduct which created great hypocrisy and suffering where the pretense of piety substituted for sincerity.

166:1.7 (1827.1) There were just three things to which the Pharisees paid particular attention:

166:1.8 (1827.2) 1. The practice of strict tithing.
166:1.9 (1827.3) 2. Scrupulous observance of the laws of purification.
166:1.10 (1827.4) 3. Avoidance of association with all non-Pharisees.

166:1.11 (1827.5) At this time Jesus sought to expose the spiritual barrenness of the first two practices, while he reserved his remarks designed to rebuke the Pharisees’ refusal to engage in social intercourse with non-Pharisees for another and subsequent occasion when he would again be dining with many of these same men.

166:3.3 (1828.7) “You also have another saying among you, and one that contains much truth: That the way which leads to eternal life is straight and narrow, that the door which leads thereto is likewise narrow so that, of those who seek salvation, few can find entrance through this door. You also have a teaching that the way which leads to destruction is broad, that the entrance thereto is wide, and that there are many who choose to go this way. And this proverb is not without its meaning. But I declare that salvation is first a matter of your personal choosing. Even if the door to the way of life is narrow, it is wide enough to admit all who sincerely seek to enter, for I am that door. And the Son will never refuse entrance to any child of the universe who, by faith, seeks to find the Father through the Son.

Stephen....you simply must come to accept that you and all people and beings with personality and mind also have freewill. Your very disbelief is proof of your choosing. As Kat/Bonita points out with the posted text above, we are not to fear being human or making mistakes in our choices. Of course we will. We must!! We are not perfect and we perfect over time by learning and growing and doing and choosing, all of which improves by experience over time. This is the natural order of being and becoming in time and space. This is why we are taught not to fear uncertainty or doubt or frustration or disappointment or failure...all those are inherent in learning and improving and becoming and perfecting over time.

God's affection, mercy, kindness, fairness, patience, and love for us each and all is why we can relax!!! We do not need to fear failure. Failure is part of success. No one who has ever succeeded did so without failure. No one. Ever. Even, I think, the Son of Man. He failed to make the Apostles understand the nature of the kingdom of heaven and family of creation. He failed to convince the Judaic priesthood to embrace the Jesusonian Gospel. Both were goals of Jesus. And certainly did Jesus triumph in his dedication to love and service and exemplifying the will of God. Michael did not fail in God's will and way in all things. But Jesus the man was human and did have to deal with frustration and disappointment and failure and to overcome all those with hope and trust and faith...just like all of us must.

We can trust God and God's power, purpose, plan, and affection and care for his children!! Fear Not!! And Trust the Lord!!

:biggrin:

PostPosted:  

The very presence and function and success of the Spirit within depends completely and absolutely on the freewill choices of eac person-ality and mind. We progress only in accordance with and the result of our choices. Our cooperation is always freely chosen if it is given. All results are therefor only by freewill.

13:4.5 (150.4) The determiner of the differential of spiritual presence exists in your own hearts and minds and consists in the manner of your own choosing, in the decisions of your minds, and in the determination of your own wills. This differential is inherent in the freewill reactions of intelligent personal beings, beings whom the Universal Father has ordained shall exercise this liberty of choosing. And the Deities are ever true to the ebb and flow of their spirits in meeting and satisfying the conditions and demands of this differential of creature choice, now bestowing more of their presence in response to a sincere desire for the same and again withdrawing themselves from the scene as their creatures decide adversely in the exercise of their divinely bestowed freedom of choice. And thus does the spirit of divinity become humbly obedient to the choosing of the creatures of the realms.

30:1.99 (333.7) God, as a superperson, eventuates; God, as a person, creates; God, as a preperson, fragments; and such an Adjuster fragment of himself evolves the spirit soul upon the material and mortal mind in accordance with the freewill choosing of the personalitywhich has been bestowed upon such a mortal creature by the parental act of God as a Father.

40:7.2 (448.9) Your own races of surviving mortals belong to this group of the ascending Sons of God. You are now planetary sons, evolutionary creatures derived from the Life Carrier implantations and modified by the Adamic-life infusion, hardly yet ascending sons; but you are indeed sons of ascension potential—even to the highest heights of glory and divinity attainment—and this spiritual status of ascending sonship you may attain by faith and by freewill co-operation with the spiritualizing activities of the indwelling Adjuster. When you and your Adjusters are finally and forever fused, when you two are made one, even as in Christ Michael the Son of God and the Son of Man are one, then in fact have you become the ascending sons of God. *

PostPosted:  

"Our cooperation is always freely chosen." Cooperation seems more like a regular thing for families, rather than a choice. Maybe you actually choose to break from universal harmony.

I also do not understand how you can use the verb "to choose" in a passive meaning.

Cooperation being a regular activity for living beings, something that all children do before making choices. You can say actual choices impact the life the God has in the Supreme Being, that the Thought Adjusters change the universe's administration to accomodate individuals, based on the recognition of choice. You can say that it was the choice of Sonta-an and Sonta-en to start a family, and that every since humans have been living that way. But their children cooperated with such means, ever since without having to make the same choice.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next