Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:02 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Evolution
PostPosted:  

I Have a serious question About Evolution which ive been confused an curious about for a long time . Well My Question Is About Dinosaurs.

Yes I Understand that Urantia Is/was a Life Experimental planet etc ...

But What were the Life carriers Thinking , Was it a mistake , that was Destroyed by Divine Intervention . or ... Or just part of the Normal evolution of a planet ..

Why ? I Mean im sure Urantia wasnt the Life Carriers First Rodeo eh .

Were Humans The Plan B ?

Sorta wonder why the Forum at 606 didnt ask this .

IM Just Dazed n confused I Guess .

IM Seriously Curious .

Coop

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Evolution
PostPosted:  

coop wrote:
I Have a serious question About Evolution which ive been confused an curious about for a long time . Well My Question Is About Dinosaurs.

Yes I Understand that Urantia Is/was a Life Experimental planet etc ...

But What were the Life carriers Thinking , Was it a mistake , that was Destroyed by Divine Intervention . or ... Or just part of the Normal evolution of a planet ..

Why ? I Mean im sure Urantia wasnt the Life Carriers First Rodeo eh .

Were Humans The Plan B ?

Sorta wonder why the Forum at 606 didnt ask this .

IM Just Dazed n confused I Guess .

IM Seriously Curious .

Coop

Consider the butterfly, Coop. It goes thru odd stages, one of which is a fat earth-bound worm. It later emerges as a beautiful creature that has no resemblance to the original, one that can lift off the ground and even enchant beings much, much larger--us. Knowing God, why would we expect evolution to be a straight line?

Attachments:
MANSION WORLD EMERGENCE.png
MANSION WORLD EMERGENCE.png [ 270.61 KiB | Viewed 207 times ]

Last edited by rick warren on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:33 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted:  

maybe you could explain what's so special about the dinosaurs? they were big and too dumb to adapt and died off like the majority of species that have lived on this planet and evolution favored brain size over body size thereafter, which isn't surprising considering the role of the adjutant mind spirits in evolution. dinosaurs also gave origin to the first placental mammals so it's not as if it was a pointless dead-end mistake...every human ancestor between the frog and the eskimo is extinct.

PostPosted:  

If Andon & Fonta can emerge as true will creatures before the dawn of the six Sangik tribes, you must simply believe that there is a great purpose to Urantian Evolution. Adam & Eve, after their default, were able to feel a glimpse of how isolated the experience of Andon & Fonta must have been. Even though their lifetimes were much shorter, Andon & Fonta experienced the fullness of what it means to become a sentient life in the universe.

I know that to say that these experiences are engraved in the Supreme Being, therefore shall always affect the policies of the spiritual administration's policy, in terms of sympathy and understanding. But that would be little consolence to you, wouldn't it, when you are staring at the thresholds of nature's obviation, when the fate of the planet is threatened to fall back into the Unqualified existences. Well but I feel I have nothing to explain, that your questions coop would really be something you could explain to us. If you just take a deep breath, and well approach those questions in terms of "how children preserve maintain and gratify the species from nature, you know not just the cash crops that we depend on, but all life on the planet in terms of having a sustained population and future course.

PostPosted:  

Doesn't the human fetus go thru a reptilian phase? One hears of a reptile brain residing deep within our big brains, an evolutionary per-requisite apparently. So, the dinos were just an experimental aberration, evidently a benign and necessary step for unique 606, and certainly fascinating. Recalling when I was kid, 65 million year old fossils were in conflict the Biblical model of several thousand. Schools and churches seemed to ignore this. I didn't, it was a fundamental conflict. Soo pleased to know the facts.

Last edited by rick warren on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:30 am +0000, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted:  

regarding the "destroyed by divine intervention" question i have to point out that although the cataclysmic, sudden meteoric extinction stuff makes all the headlines a lot of scientists favor the gradual extinction from a variety of causes theory and both the geologic and fossil records can certainly be interpreted that way. the papers paint a picture of gradual extinctions due mostly to climate/ecosystem changes from great periods of land elevation and volcanism.

PostPosted:  

My thoughts are that the intent of the life experiment was to evolve intelligent humans (a bit different than what’s out there??) that have the capacity to attempt to find their maker, ask and try to answer the big questions - just exactly what we are doing.
So looking back over what may appear to be a hit and miss chain of events linked with catastrophe and supposed mistakes, even rebellion, it is obvious the planners and designers of the original life plasm knew what they were doing and were completely successful.
Mind engages life and matter on all levels and somewhere in that relationship lies an over control of the evolutionary process that one day we may understand.

And what really was the experiment - intelligent humans or the evolutionary process?

PostPosted:  

But you could also take the many million year domination of the dinosaurs as a very grand and glorious power expression. It may be the case that very few evolutionary planets are so optimally suited for more complicated and larger life than this one. It's quite amazing that such a thing could develop and did and that their reign lasted so long.

Such conditions may have great meaning for us. If it weren't for unbelievably vast coal and petroleum reserves which were only possible to be created under conditions where an enormous amount of biological matter was deposited we would have lacked the energy resources to develop so amazingly quickly in a few hundred years, even to the point of partially eliminating the retarding effects caused by the major mistakes made by our earlier planetary administrators.

PostPosted:  

Very Helpful . Thank You ALL very Much .

I Agree and Appreciate your insights and Perspectives .

Its always helpful an better to look at the Big Picture .

A Brother At another Forum said - '' All aspects of finite planetary life are evolutionary--from the origin of species, to cultural society, religion, government, marriage. and even the geology of this planet itself--just to name a few.''

I Agree - I Suppose then its correct to say then that Mankind IS Still Evolving Then . Until A Time of
A One World species, etc .

To me A One World species , a Single Race of just one color is Inevitable . Yet it seems kind of boreing that everyone will be the same . It Reminds me of the old Twilight Zone Episode where everyone looked alike . I Personally Like The Diversity of our present Races an cultural society, religions,an governments.

But I Guess the future Evolution of A One World species is for the greater good of Mankind ?

I Like the Concept of Unity not Uniformity .

Namaste

Faith Son Coop

Last edited by coop on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D4855C9

PostPosted:  

Yes I agree because would you have to sacrifice the living planetary animals plants and microorganisms, in the supposed ideal of one human race. How will those people look at us, during the time when endangeredment and dwindling populations of things they need us to preserve for them.

I think the story of one race is a fiction. IF you say that you are a blended people, but this implies that you are at least all of the peoples found in the Urantia Book's history, including animals in the chain of evolutionary ascent. Would you be able to represent those potentialities fairly or appropriately.

But then there are others in this discussion that the preclusion that WHEN there is supposively a single human race on planet Urantia, that evolution would perhaps culminate or cease! I find this very difficult to believe! Even within families there are differences and so I would not care to speculate about the purpose of mankind, but emphasize the preservation of living plants on Urantia, necessary for such a people to cultivate.

PostPosted:  

No need to speculate. The UB is very clear about the purpose of mortal life. And mortal life is the only purpose for all other life forms which may ever be found on a material evolutionary world. We are the culmination and pinnacle achievement of the Life Carriers and the Adjutants. Mortals are rhe very realization of life implantation potentials. No mystery. No speculations needed.

So do I understand you to declare the UB a fiction Stephen? There is only one race per planet according to it...eventually....on every evolutionary planet. The human race of total amalgamation of all prior races.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
And mortal life is the only purpose for all other life forms which may ever be found on a material evolutionary world.

But if my family loses a crop from our farmland, I cannot assume that I can ever receive another one again, especially if it is lost from the planet for all future generations. This is a cost of fate upon me and my generation. Meaning: they will hate me for every extinct species of the 20th and 21st century.

PostPosted:  

Shouldn't we trust the Lord for our daily bread? What have believers to fear? Do you farm Stephen? Being born on a farm where many a crop has been lost I can verify your alarmism and radicalism are misplaced. Do you hate and blame someone for prior lost crops or species?

Evolution is a function of new emergence and decline or termination of species to achieve human dominance. Wisdom in our dominance will come over time. Until then we will face repercussions of unwise stewardship. But how many species of life do not survive evolutionary progress? Many indeed.

Some species of some life forms are merely bridges of evolution while others are but dead ends. The Life Carriers do not rely upon a single thread or biological chain for creating or sustaining human life. Perhaps we should trust them to their duties and expertise to also sustain our world to Light and Life?

8)

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Do you hate and blame someone for prior lost crops or species?

Have you ever heard of the Dodo Bird? It is an island bird, who deported himself much as the emu or ostrich species. When they met the colonial explorers, they were the rulers of their island, but the people that the Dodo welcomed destroyed them. I blame European Colonialists for that, sure I do. And would I blame myself for the extinct species of the planet in our generation of course that is what I just told everyone.