Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 3:06 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: "The Ecologue"
PostPosted:  

Charles Eisenstein, philosopher of "Carbon Sequestration".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oevXkJY-fE

I introduce the concept of "Ecologue" to this forum, as an idea akin to both "Epilogue", "Proluge", "Monologue" et cetera, combined with the "human impact" theory of environmentalism, often expressed in terms of a personal "carbon footprint."

What is the ecologue, it is the account that each human individual impacts upon the earth's soils and atmosphere. In short, you are responsible for the materials that you take out of the planet, and you are responsible for putting something back into the planet, in the form of a net increase of carbon, nitrogen, and phosphorous (primarily) into the land.

The Urantia Book II tells of the "ecolog" of the life on the face of Urantia, as David Attenborough would say "a storybook of life", the true history of living creatures, and we as one generation who can add one layer of stratification.

How is the ecologue measured? it is measured by contributions to bring back the life in the soils, and plants which produce value in the home garden. Plants are valued in the ecologue simply for the increased mass that they bring to the land, by sequestering atmospheric carbon and nitrogen and returning them to the soil life. Humans as the apex predator must recognise their chief responsibility in building "the portfolio of the ecologue", in other words, an array of fungus, yeast, and plants as "potential recruits" in the maximization of overall soil fertility and composition (the naturally occuring chemical balance).

You know "carbon footprint" how much carbon a person burned into the atmosphere on account of his electricity consumption, net refuse, et cetera. But ecolog is the measure of how much mass is "put back" into the land regeneratively.

You can consider that many of consumer's overall habits concerning single use packaging, and petrol consumption is counted as a net decrease of "held reserves" in the land and a net contribution to atmospheric carbon. This is one reason why the transportation distance "from farm to table" should be minimized as the human population increases. It is better to use the resources at hand, but in lieu of the CITES database, there is some consideration for replenishment of plant populations which are considered endangered. You cannot even find a photo of the mature plant on the internet for some of them.

So the ecologue is not just measured in the net increase of the soils on your land, or the land you have been given to use, but it is also measured in the number and kinds of creatures that a person keeps on their farms, and the way that plant populations, especially rare plants who are endangered, should increase. The ecologue for one individual is how much contribution to the overal horticulture of Urantia, along with the soil gains, but for society the ecologue is the overall strategy to "take back" land that has been overcome with such invasive species as "blue green algae", "zebra mussels", "the tumbleweed", and "japanese knotweed", which basically every environmentalist feels threatens native wildlife.

But the environmentalists have not been successful at creating the proper strategy for the rebuilding of the ecologue, the ecolog, because they have not taken their own actions and experiences into proper account. For this reason, I am creating my own ecolog, as in the American Colloquy of Edible Forest Gardens, which could be a compatible system for adaptive ecologue strategies in every climate and ecosystem. I am anticipating a "shift of climates" where native species should be "transplanted into the new prospective climate" which will be suited for vulnerable species after/now that the climate changes have occured.

Eventually my ecolog will be entered into the database of known varieties of all plants species, and the measurable contributions that one has made to one's own garden, one's own land, so that a new form of competition can develop, and a free system to report the gains of the land in a succinct fashion, even where new subspecies would be documented. This is the great competition to have the most arable soils, the greatest number of plants "living in one ark", as in the story of Noah. I just wanted to explain the concept before I developed it. Sorry I know I am pretentious.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: "The Ecologue"
PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Charles Eisenstein, philosopher of "Carbon Sequestration".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oevXkJY-fE

I introduce the concept of "Ecologue" to this forum, as an idea akin to both "Epilogue", "Proluge", "Monologue" et cetera, combined with the "human impact" theory of environmentalism, often expressed in terms of a personal "carbon footprint."

What is the ecologue, it is the account that each human individual impacts upon the earth's soils and atmosphere. In short, you are responsible for the materials that you take out of the planet, and you are responsible for putting something back into the planet, in the form of a net increase of carbon, nitrogen, and phosphorous (primarily) into the land.

The Urantia Book II tells of the "ecolog" of the life on the face of Urantia, as David Attenborough would say "a storybook of life", the true history of living creatures, and we as one generation who can add one layer of stratification.

How is the ecologue measured? it is measured by contributions to bring back the life in the soils, and plants which produce value in the home garden. Plants are valued in the ecologue simply for the increased mass that they bring to the land, by sequestering atmospheric carbon and nitrogen and returning them to the soil life. Humans as the apex predator must recognise their chief responsibility in building "the portfolio of the ecologue", in other words, an array of fungus, yeast, and plants as "potential recruits" in the maximization of overall soil fertility and composition (the naturally occuring chemical balance).

You know "carbon footprint" how much carbon a person burned into the atmosphere on account of his electricity consumption, net refuse, et cetera. But ecolog is the measure of how much mass is "put back" into the land regeneratively.

You can consider that many of consumer's overall habits concerning single use packaging, and petrol consumption is counted as a net decrease of "held reserves" in the land and a net contribution to atmospheric carbon. This is one reason why the transportation distance "from farm to table" should be minimized as the human population increases. It is better to use the resources at hand, but in lieu of the CITES database, there is some consideration for replenishment of plant populations which are considered endangered. You cannot even find a photo of the mature plant on the internet for some of them.

So the ecologue is not just measured in the net increase of the soils on your land, or the land you have been given to use, but it is also measured in the number and kinds of creatures that a person keeps on their farms, and the way that plant populations, especially rare plants who are endangered, should increase. The ecologue for one individual is how much contribution to the overal horticulture of Urantia, along with the soil gains, but for society the ecologue is the overall strategy to "take back" land that has been overcome with such invasive species as "blue green algae", "zebra mussels", "the tumbleweed", and "japanese knotweed", which basically every environmentalist feels threatens native wildlife.

But the environmentalists have not been successful at creating the proper strategy for the rebuilding of the ecologue, the ecolog, because they have not taken their own actions and experiences into proper account. For this reason, I am creating my own ecolog, as in the American Colloquy of Edible Forest Gardens, which could be a compatible system for adaptive ecologue strategies in every climate and ecosystem. I am anticipating a "shift of climates" where native species should be "transplanted into the new prospective climate" which will be suited for vulnerable species after/now that the climate changes have occured.

Eventually my ecolog will be entered into the database of known varieties of all plants species, and the measurable contributions that one has made to one's own garden, one's own land, so that a new form of competition can develop, and a free system to report the gains of the land in a succinct fashion, even where new subspecies would be documented. This is the great competition to have the most arable soils, the greatest number of plants "living in one ark", as in the story of Noah. I just wanted to explain the concept before I developed it. Sorry I know I am pretentious.

Stephen says: "Sorry I know I am pretentious."

Yes, you can say that again!!!!! Bloviated hyperbolic political rhetoric ... and irrelevant too! Media? UB studies?

:roll:

PostPosted:  

It isn't irrelevent since the first papers 57-62 "tells the tale" of the planetary ecologue, whereas it is mentioned that the Urantia Book "emerging from the twilight" and gradually gaining the ability of self-determination. Just as Jesus declared "no longer shall you say "my teeth are set on edge" when your fathers eat sour grapes" 145:2.5 "they shall all know me personally, from the least to the greatest."

This is deserving of an adaptation of ecolog, from the format told in the planetary sense, into something of what Bill Gates and Charles Eisenstein have proposed: the human individual's account of the ecolog: what are you drawing from the ancient planetary ecologue, versus the amount of carbon you are able to "sequester" from the amosphere (i.e. bring down to the land from the atmosphere). Bill Gates had previously viewed this consumption as something to be taxed, without considering what a person could "put back into the soils", so there has to be some software to verify the contributions that humans make to the survival of other species, and a curriculum that supports the experience of biology "in the schools but outside the classrooms," namely the reestablishment of ecosystems via social design.

I propose to make such policy enjoyable especially to young students. They should be given seeds that are relatively easy to grow in the beginning, and on proof of merit, would gain ranks and earn elligibility eventually to purchase the plants, not the native flora to be reestablished, but the endangered species on the CITES database, to begin the increase of numbers in the endangered category. Thus, young people who are interested in contributing to their own ecologue learn horticulture of carbon sequestering species before actually entering into the field of agroforestry.

You can say that I am pretentious and silly, but the migration from the Middle East into all other nations stem not just from the political chaos and reorganisation of those areas, but moreso because of the "drying up of the soils", erosion, and the depletion of arable soils. Therefore, having arable soils becomes the goal, before agriculture or agroforestry is even possible. There is considerable attention for the way desertified lands can be reclaimed, which involves a high degree of water conservation, for the propagation and expansion of oases subclimate. These strategies must be worked more scientifically until more institutional methods of propagation can be established, and then transferred from the Saharan region to the Syrian-Iranian region which is becoming desertified due to population concerns and climate changes.
UB 76:1.4 "Now were the Adamites compelled to wrest a living from unprepared soil and to cope with the realities of life in the face of the natural hostilities and incompatibilities of mortal existence. They found the first garden partially prepared for them, but the second had to be created by the labor of their own hands and in the “sweat of their faces.”"
I.e. "It was easy to grow anything in the First Garden, but the Second Garden required the preparation of the soil before legitimate crops were duly invested."
In this sense, "Ecologue" to remind people of the goals to create as much arable soils as possible and to teach children these skills starting at the earliest age.

I may be pretentious but I say this because no one can deny that such skills are necessary to the next generation even if I grew up in an American Society where the basic material needs could have been supplied from the marketplace rather than the land. A.D. 2019 is a year where this convenience factor cannot be considered as a guarantee, in my opinion.

So the ecologue is measurable by human impacts on the soils primarily. It is easy to disrupt the soils, create erosion say, but it is a long and arduous goal to "build them back up". But this is the battleground that students should be aware of. So the concept of the ecolog helps them to be aware of the overall contributions that they make to the health of the soils through their efforts to compost organic matter into soil and replant beneficial species.

How do we turn a planetary ecologue into an individuated ecolog. Simply by including the software in the personal computers that students use to provide teacher the receipt of assignment within the curriculum. The software begins as an index where plant populations under the auspices of a farmer are recorded. The totals are fed into another database which includes every species of plant, beginning the census of all flora and fauna, and tracking both current and ideal populations fro every plant. The information system could therefore recommend what plants should be cultivated based on skill, economic value, regional climate, and social policies (mandates which perhaps would be affirmed by county legislatures, et cetera).

With this basis, I will provide basis for optimism, daily progress, which ties the farmer's almanac to the agenda of individual students who may become farmers, which is the highest profession according to Urantia Papers.

Last edited by SEla_Kelly on Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
How do we turn a planetary ecologue into an individuated ecolog.

Would you mind defining the the words "ecologue" and "ecolog"? Could you also define "planetary ecologue" ? Thank you.

PostPosted:  

Planetary Ecologue is the papers 57-61 Primarily, but then in the sense inferentially within "the Adamic Regime", is the goal to make the planet as verdant as possible, in the maximum potential of the land's ability to support all life, especially including human individual. The goal to maximise the fertility of the soils is the same as thereby to minimize the amount of how much land per person required for sustenance. The Planetary Ecologue is the story of how living creatures grew up and died on Urantia, and give a small fragment of their bodies to the planetary stratification, which added a new layer with every generation.

For one human in one lifetime, the contributions to the planet is measured in the individual ecolog, in what he gives back to the soils, in what plants "he sows into the grid" but directly through the diversion of refuse into soil, and the sequestration of atmospheric carbon, nitrogen into the soil.

PostPosted:  

Stephen, it is most unfortunate and very deceptive that you pretend to quote the Papers when in fact you falsify, misrepresent, and contradict them instead. It is very deceitful and dishonest and should lead to your removal here.

First, ecologue is not a word and therefore has NO meaning. More importantly, the two phrases you claim or infer come from the UB are not to be found there - "emerging from the twilight" and "my teeth are set on edge"...once again illustrating your unwillingness or inability to utilize UB concepts for a discussion about UB topics and demonstrating your refusal to post actual text to verify or provide reference and context for consideration. This is not Bible study Stephen.

Nor is it Stephen-Study.

Again you do not seek to learn or understand but only wish for an audience to impose your fictional inventions of personal beliefs about political solutions to your pet peeves and deliriums. You presume knowledge and expertise you obviously do not possess. Irrelevant at best. Manipulative deceit more obviously. IMO

:roll: PRETENTIOUS YES!

By the way, Papers 57-61 have nothing at all to do with your stated topic or humans or humanity or population density or land use or carbon or agriculture...none of that. Good Grief.

Perhaps Papers 78-81 might offer more content related to the subject? Whatever that might be.

I think what you're attempting to discuss is called sustainable agriculture. It already has a name and lots of elements. Do you know what the definition of ecology is?

Why just make stuff up? Pretentiousness as claimed by you.

Last edited by fanofVan on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:28 am +0000, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Planetary Ecologue is the papers 57-61

I'm sorry, I asked for a definition of the word "Ecologue". What does it mean? I cannot find such a word in any dictionary, but I don't have access to foreign dictionaries. Is it a word from a language other than English?

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
More importantly, the two phrases you claim or infer come from the UB are not to be found there - "emerging from the twilight" and "my teeth are set on edge".

To be fair Jesus did quote Jeremiah in a sermon about religion as a personal experience. Whether this has anything to do with ecologue or ecolog, I do not know. Reference:

(1630.1) 145:2.5 “But even this is not a new idea. Many of the spiritually minded among you have known this truth, inasmuch as some of the prophets have so instructed you. Have you not read in the Scriptures where the Prophet Jeremiah says: ‘In those days they shall no more say, the fathers have eaten sour grapes and the children’s teeth are set on edge. Every man shall die for his own iniquity; every man who eats sour grapes, his teeth shall be set on edge. Behold, the days shall come when I will make a new covenant with my people, not according to the covenant which I made with their fathers when I brought them out of the land of Egypt, but according to the new way. I will even write my law in their hearts. I will be their God, and they shall be my people. In that day they shall not say, one man to his neighbor, do you know the Lord? Nay! For they shall all know me personally, from the least to the greatest.’

PostPosted:  

Nothing has anything to do with ecologue kat. That's the point. There is no such thing.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:

First, ecologue is not a word and therefore has NO meaning.

:roll: PRETENTIOUS YES!

Why just make stuff up? Pretentiousness as claimed by you.

:biggrin: I think that if I explain the concept well enough, that the word would become valid. This is not a new idea, as I have expressed that other leaders in public opinion have been indicating that this form of auditing or identification preexists. The ecologue is the story of life in the formation of Urantia's potential to sustain life, and after this approximately one billion years ago, began a great new chapter when the spark of the holy spirit was brought into the material geometries of the Life Carrier's donated lifeplasm, the inauguration of experimental evolution according to several mandates, under the auspices of the Life Carrier Supervision. If it is true that mankind has become the keeper or custodians of life on Urantia, and we witness the potential for in one generation the extraction of those portions in the ecologue, you know by Corporations who have the technology to probe its layers, but also there is a corresponding urge to direct the future ecologue in a way that successfully "adds layers" to the stratus of Urantian Life. So there is already an account for how much consumption of the existing ecologue can happen but the duty to put biomatter back onto the land is an individual task, an ecolog, which can be given individuated or separate audits, which add synergistically rather than collectively to the overall planetary ecologue.

60:1.7 Great troughs developed in North America, paralleling the Atlantic and Pacific coasts. The great eastern-Connecticut fault appeared, one side eventually sinking two miles. Many of these North American troughs were later filled with erosion deposits, as also were many of the basins of the fresh- and salt-water lakes of the mountain regions. Later on, these filled land depressions were greatly elevated by lava flows which occurred underground. The petrified forests of many regions belong to this epoch.
60:1.12 The marine life of this period was meager but improved rapidly with the new invasion of the sea, which again produced extensive coast lines of shallow waters. Since there was more shallow water around Europe and Asia, the richest fossil beds are to be found about these continents. Today, if you would study the life of this age, examine the Himalayan, Siberian, and Mediterranean regions, as well as India and the islands of the southern Pacific basin. A prominent feature of the marine life was the presence of hosts of the beautiful ammonites, whose fossil remains are found all over the world.
In other words, the ecologue is the story of sediment, tectonic upheaval, and climate change throughout the living stages of the planet Urantia's history.

This is the planetary ecologue as told by the Author "Life Carrier of Nebadon". But individual ecolog is measurable by the human indvidual overall efforts to restore health to the soils, and create abundance, measurable by an increase in the soil mass along with number of plants and total populations sustained by the human individual. This is if the surviving plant members, could be counted as individual assets attributable to the person who holds the land, used for net worth calculations or property taxation purposes, in lieu of direct currency these plants represent the wealth in potential seeds produced per year or per season, which can also be measured economically via exchange rate.

PostPosted:  

There is also consideration for the ecologue given by counties, in the ancient Japanese format of feudalism. Whereas in European feudalism, there were three divisions of land, but in the Japanese system, there was only one owner of the land, and the land was appraised according to the ideal valuation of ideal plantation.

The Gospel of Barnabas speaks of a king who is on a journey and finds a great new variety of plant, and orders that such plant be brought onto his estate where it may be cultivated and mutliplied. According to the modern adaptation, the ecolog would not give permission for such policy until a farmer has established a certain level of expertise, even then preferring probably to glean from the seeds rather than to uproot the plant.

The basis of instruction, between the analytical framework of "carbon sequestration" and "carbon footprint", and what should be considered the "individual ecolog", is that such principles are included in teaching-strategy for student farmers "in the schools but outside the classrooms" i.e. on public land available for students' and teachers' horticultural cultivation. In order for ownership or responsibility to be claimed by the individual, his success at helping the survival and increase of plant populations should be a measurable economic transaction or dataentry whereby the student can earn requisites or merits. And so the individual ecolog is a system of auditing that counts how many seeds that the student is able to produce, along with the goal of increasing the biomass of the land he is given to work.

PostPosted:  

I'm wondering if it is too much to ask for a one sentence definition of "ecologue"? Is it possible to exchange it with another word that is in the English dictionary?

PostPosted:  

I found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclogue

PostPosted:  

Must we endure such an exhibition of personal psychological breakdown here?

So sad....and inappropriate. :(

Last edited by fanofVan on Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:51 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

no sophist wrote:

Yes...me too....not related. Stephen invents words all the time. Nearly every post or at least topic. Much of this rant comes from the tree of life tirade of falsehoods.