Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:56 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next
PostPosted:  

ok this is supoer heavy as well

4. The Adjuster’s Work in the Mind
110:4.1 (1207.1) Adjusters are able to receive the continuous stream of cosmic intelligence coming in over the master circuits of time and space; they are in full touch with the spirit intelligence and energy of the universes. But these mighty indwellers are unable to transmit very much of this wealth of wisdom and truth to the minds of their mortal subjects because of the lack of commonness of nature and the absence of responsive recognition.

110:4.2 (1207.2) The Thought Adjuster is engaged in a constant effort so to spiritualize your mind as to evolve your morontia soul; but you yourself are mostly unconscious of this inner ministry. You are quite incapable of distinguishing the product of your own material intellect from that of the conjoint activities of your soul and the Adjuster.

note: I do not agree with the "evolving animal mind" statement - I believe I am a Son of Man and God now at this time and have been for time everlasting and in time everlasting going forward - may not be perfect but I AM NOT an a "animal mind" - so I am noting I take offense to this - yes maybe a lot of "animal mind" bad people around on earth at this time but ...this is just not a good statement from some "higher being"

110:4.3 (1207.3) Certain abrupt presentations of thoughts, conclusions, and other pictures of mind are sometimes the direct or indirect work of the Adjuster; but far more often they are the sudden emergence into consciousness of ideas which have been grouping themselves together in the submerged mental levels, natural and everyday occurrences of normal and ordinary psychic function inherent in the circuits of the evolving animal mind. (In contrast with these subconscious emanations, the revelations of the Adjuster appear through the realms of the superconscious.)

and this "if you survive" stuff - also this is not good - maybe true - maybe not true - or maybe just my Mind thinking it is bad
110:4.4 (1207.4) Trust all matters of mind beyond the dead level of consciousness to the custody of the Adjusters. In due time, if not in this world then on the mansion worlds, they will give good account of their stewardship, and eventually will they bring forth those meanings and values intrusted to their care and keeping. They will resurrect every worthy treasure of the mortal mind if you survive.

110:4.5 (1207.5) There exists a vast gulf between the human and the divine, between man and God. The Urantia races are so largely electrically and chemically controlled, so highly animallike in their common behavior, so emotional in their ordinary reactions, that it becomes exceedingly difficult for the Monitors to guide and direct them. You are so devoid of courageous decisions and consecrated co-operation that your indwelling Adjusters find it next to impossible to communicate directly with the human mind. Even when they do find it possible to flash a gleam of new truth to the evolving mortal soul, this spiritual revelation often so blinds the creature as to precipitate a convulsion of fanaticism or to initiate some other intellectual upheaval which results disastrously. Many a new religion and strange “ism” has arisen from the aborted, imperfect, misunderstood, and garbled communications of the Thought Adjusters.
OK this is true - anyway all good stuff for the most part

110:4.6 (1207.6) For many thousands of years, so the records of Jerusem show, in each generation there have lived fewer and fewer beings who could function safely with self-acting Adjusters. This is an alarming picture, and the supervising personalities of Satania look with favor upon the proposals of some of your more immediate planetary supervisors who advocate the inauguration of measures designed to foster and conserve the higher spiritual types of the Urantia races.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

more good stuff !

10:7.6 (1213.1) But with the vast majority of Urantians the Adjuster must patiently await the arrival of death deliverance; must await the liberation of the emerging soul from the well-nigh complete domination of the energy patterns and chemical forces inherent in your material order of existence. The chief difficulty you experience in contacting with your Adjusters consists in this very inherent material nature. So few mortals are real thinkers; you do not spiritually develop and discipline your minds to the point of favorable liaison with the divine Adjusters. The ear of the human mind is almost deaf to the spiritual pleas which the Adjuster translates from the manifold messages of the universal broadcasts of love proceeding from the Father of mercies. The Adjuster finds it almost impossible to register these inspiring spirit leadings in an animal mind so completely dominated by the chemical and electrical forces inherent in your physical natures.

110:7.7 (1213.2) Adjusters rejoice to make contact with the mortal mind; but they must be patient through the long years of silent sojourn during which they are unable to break through animal resistance and directly communicate with you. The higher the Thought Adjusters ascend in the scale of service, the more efficient they become. But never can they greet you, in the flesh, with the same full, sympathetic, and expressionful affection as they will when you discern them mind to mind on the mansion worlds.

PostPosted:  

110:7.10 (1213.5) During the making and breaking of a contact between the mortal mind of a destiny reservist and the planetary supervisors, sometimes the indwelling Adjuster is so situated that it becomes possible to transmit a message to the mortal partner. Not long since, on Urantia, such a message was transmitted by a self-acting Adjuster to the human associate, a member of the reserve corps of destiny. This message was introduced by these words: “And now, without injury or jeopardy to the subject of my solicitous devotion and without intent to overchastise or discourage, for me, make record of this my plea to him.” Then followed a beautifully touching and appealing admonition. Among other things, the Adjuster pleaded “that he more faithfully give me his sincere co-operation, more cheerfully endure the tasks of my emplacement, more faithfully carry out the program of my arrangement, more patiently go through the trials of my selection, more persistently and cheerfully tread the path of my choosing, more humbly receive credit that may accrue as a result of my ceaseless endeavors—thus transmit my admonition to the man of my indwelling. Upon him I bestow the supreme devotion and affection of a divine spirit. And say further to my beloved subject that I will function with wisdom and power until the very end, until the last earth struggle is over; I will be true to my personality trust. And I exhort him to survival, not to disappoint me, not to deprive me of the reward of my patient and intense struggle. On the human will our achievement of personality depends. Circle by circle I have patiently ascended this human mind, and I have testimony that I am meeting the approval of the chief of my kind. Circle by circle I am passing on to judgment. I await with pleasure and without apprehension the roll call of destiny; I am prepared to submit all to the tribunals of the Ancients of Days.”

PostPosted:  

and this is really good !

1. The Mind Arena of Choice
111:1.1 (1216.2) Though the work of Adjusters is spiritual in nature, they must, perforce, do all their work upon an intellectual foundation. Mind is the human soil from which the spirit Monitor must evolve the morontia soul with the co-operation of the indwelt personality.

111:1.2 (1216.3) There is a cosmic unity in the several mind levels of the universe of universes. Intellectual selves have their origin in the cosmic mind much as nebulae take origin in the cosmic energies of universe space. On the human (hence personal) level of intellectual selves the potential of spirit evolution becomes dominant, with the assent of the mortal mind, because of the spiritual endowments of the human personality together with the creative presence of an entity-point of absolute value in such human selves. But such a spirit dominance of the material mind is conditioned upon two experiences: This mind must have evolved up through the ministry of the seven adjutant mind-spirits, and the material (personal) self must choose to co-operate with the indwelling Adjuster in creating and fostering the morontia self, the evolutionary and potentially immortal soul.

111:1.3 (1216.4) Material mind is the arena in which human personalities live, are self-conscious, make decisions, choose God or forsake him, eternalize or destroy themselves.

111:1.4 (1216.5) Material evolution has provided you a life machine, your body; the Father himself has endowed you with the purest spirit reality known in the universe, your Thought Adjuster. But into your hands, subject to your own decisions, has been given mind, and it is by mind that you live or die. It is within this mind and with this mind that you make those moral decisions which enable you to achieve Adjusterlikeness, and that is Godlikeness.

111:1.5 (1216.6) Mortal mind is a temporary intellect system loaned to human beings for use during a material lifetime, and as they use this mind, they are either accepting or rejecting the potential of eternal existence. Mind is about all you have of universe reality that is subject to your will, and the soul—the morontia self—will faithfully portray the harvest of the temporal decisions which the mortal self is making. Human consciousness rests gently upon the electrochemical mechanism below and delicately touches the spirit-morontia energy system above. Of neither of these two systems is the human being ever completely conscious in his mortal life; therefore must he work in mind, of which he is conscious. And it is not so much what mind comprehends as what mind desires to comprehend that insures survival; it is not so much what mind is like as what mind is striving to be like that constitutes spirit identification. It is not so much that man is conscious of God as that man yearns for God that results in universe ascension. What you are today is not so important as what you are becoming day by day and in eternity

PostPosted:  

wow !

111:1.6 (1217.1) Mind is the cosmic instrument on which the human will can play the discords of destruction, or upon which this same human will can bring forth the exquisite melodies of God identification and consequent eternal survival. The Adjuster bestowed upon man is, in the last analysis, impervious to evil and incapable of sin, but mortal mind can actually be twisted, distorted, and rendered evil and ugly by the sinful machinations of a perverse and self-seeking human will. Likewise can this mind be made noble, beautiful, true, and good—actually great—in accordance with the spirit-illuminated will of a God-knowing human being. *

111:1.7 (1217.2) Evolutionary mind is only fully stable and dependable when manifesting itself upon the two extremes of cosmic intellectuality—the wholly mechanized and the entirely spiritualized. Between the intellectual extremes of pure mechanical control and true spirit nature there intervenes that enormous group of evolving and ascending minds whose stability and tranquillity are dependent upon personality choice and spirit identification.

111:1.8 (1217.3) But man does not passively, slavishly, surrender his will to the Adjuster. Rather does he actively, positively, and co-operatively choose to follow the Adjuster’s leading when and as such leading consciously differs from the desires and impulses of the natural mortal mind. The Adjusters manipulate but never dominate man’s mind against his will; to the Adjusters the human will is supreme. And they so regard and respect it while they strive to achieve the spiritual goals of thought adjustment and character transformation in the almost limitless arena of the evolving human intellect.

111:1.9 (1217.4) Mind is your ship, the Adjuster is your pilot, the human will is captain. The master of the mortal vessel should have the wisdom to trust the divine pilot to guide the ascending soul into the morontia harbors of eternal survival. Only by selfishness, slothfulness, and sinfulness can the will of man reject the guidance of such a loving pilot and eventually wreck the mortal career upon the evil shoals of rejected mercy and upon the rocks of embraced sin. With your consent, this faithful pilot will safely carry you across the barriers of time and the handicaps of space to the very source of the divine mind and on beyond, even to the Paradise Father of Adjusters.

PostPosted:  

shrimpythai wrote:
one problem I do have - is that if wasn't reading the UB - I would never had heard of the thought adjusters or how important the UB has them at - I thought I had Soul and was a son of man - for better or worse and was trying to be a better person every day as per JC and the bible... so unless everyone reads the UB - they would not even know what a TA was or whatever - if you just had faith in JC and tried to live a good life is what most christians should be trying to do ... anyway - not to critisize but if this is true and all - then everyone on the planet would need to read the UB ... and I just don't think that is going to happen - and it should be something that everyone should NOT know about...anyway - that is why I am reading these papers now - so even if you just read the new test and had Faith in JC that should also be enough to move onwards and upwards with everlasting life with your soul - as not everyone will ever read the UB and never know about this TA... hmmm - should not be a "secret" to just UB readers in my opinion - let me know
and yes I have often heard the "still small voice" in my Mind !!!
need input on this one !!! and yes not everyone on the planet has access to a bible in the language they speak either - but must be close - but not the UB yet ... hmmmm

It is true that those of us who find the UB are blessed by the teachings' purpose of reducing confusions and eliminating errors of fact and perspective. This is the very function of the knowledge delivered by epochal revelation. But epochal revelation is complimented by and supplemented by many agents and agencies of truth which every mortal mind is blessed with, no matter the circumstances, ignorance, fears, confusions, doubts, etc. of the mortal. THIS is a very important teaching. Personal revelation, truth confirmation, insight, intuition, and the small still voice of the Adjuster you read about right now is universal among our fellows on this world.

The adjutant mind spirits and the Holy Spirit of the Mother Spirit ministry connects each mind to certain impulses and urges of religious experience and faith and faith assurance that even children and primitive and barbarians respond to and give birth to soul with no knowledge at all. The Spirit of Truth from the Son, when gifted to a world, unleashes the flood of God Fragments from the Father for personal indwelling, both of which supplement the evolutionary religious impulse and experience of immature faith into strong yearnings and hunger and thirst which are satisfied only by the personal response to Spirit by each mortal mind as both experiences and expressions of love, truth, beauty, and goodness. The local representatives of the Trinity are each working in mind, in a conspiracy of mutual cooperation and Divine affection, to lift every mind from its animal origins to yearn for peace and happiness which will only come by our spiritual transformation....not from our accurate knowledge of cosmology.

This religious experience of faith and truth and soul birth and growth and the attachment of the branch to the vine and the inevitable fruit of the vine which follows does not require nor depend upon epochal revelation!!!! THIS is the good news of the UB! This fact and truth should uplift us all by the added assurance that knowledge can help but is not required. Indeed, fantasy and fiction and ignorance and superstition CANNOT prevent a real and true religious experience!!!!!

I think the UB will find planetary distribution and saturation centuries faster than the Bible and with much greater and universal appeal. In the meantime, Deity directly and personally is connected to every mind. Our beliefs and understanding of this ministry of mind and spirit do not adequately explain the very real spiritization and religious experience and influence almost every single person does respond to....just because we are unable to see and discern this religious and faith experience does not discredit or diminish its reality...it merely confirms our own immaturity and inexperience. We are not to judge the religious experience or reality of others based on our own experience or expectations or beliefs or measures of validity.

Papers 100-103 explain these religious realities and help us understand our own misunderstanding of personal religious experience, faith, truth, soul growth, spiritization, and spiritual transformation that people experience in this life.

Hope that helps Steve. It is marvelous to read of your victories of comprehension and appreciation!! Thanks for sharing!

8) Bradly

PostPosted:  

"note: I do not agree with the "evolving animal mind" statement - I believe I am a Son of Man and God now at this time and have been for time everlasting and in time everlasting going forward - may not be perfect but I AM NOT an a "animal mind" - so I am noting I take offense to this - yes maybe a lot of "animal mind" bad people around on earth at this time but ...this is just not a good statement from some "higher being"

Id take some time to study the nature of the Adjutant mind spirits that minister to our human and our animal cousin intellects.
When you do you may find that the authors referral to our evolving animal minds is not meant to be offensive, more complementary.

378.4) 34:4.10 The seven adjutant mind-spirits are the creation of the Divine Minister of a local universe. These mind-spirits are similar in character but diverse in power, and all partake alike of the nature of the Universe Spirit, although they are hardly regarded as personalities apart from their Mother Creator. The seven adjutants have been given the following names: the spirit of wisdom, the spirit of worship, the spirit of counsel, the spirit of knowledge, the spirit of courage, the spirit of understanding, the spirit of intuition — of quick perception.

Mind engages life in all stages of evolutionary development. Even the single cell critters and even the single cell embryo that is inside mom waiting to become human.
We are evolved from animals and retain those characteristics that the mind ministry can engage and being human with more intellectual capacity, the higher two Adjutants can engage us.
Think about the attributes that we have in common with our animal cousins: Intuition or quick perception, understanding, courage, knowledge and counsel. The two mind ministries that just cannot connect with our animal cousins but can with us are the Adjutants of worship and wisdom.
Do a search for Adjutant and do some reading about their origin and ministry and you may think a bit different about the statement that you object to.

Last edited by no sophist on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:51 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

shrimpythai wrote:
note: I do not agree with the "evolving animal mind" statement - I believe I am a Son of Man and God now at this time and have been for time everlasting and in time everlasting going forward - may not be perfect but I AM NOT an a "animal mind" - so I am noting I take offense to this - yes maybe a lot of "animal mind" bad people around on earth at this time but ...this is just not a good statement from some "higher being"

Yes, you are a son of God, but that is because of faith, a gift from God. Humans are called faith-sons until they fuse, at which time they become ascending sons. Without faith sonship is not realized, or made conscious.

When you say you believe that you have been a son of God for time everlasting, what do you mean by that? Are you saying you existed before you were born on this earth?

Perhaps you have not read yet that you are a personality with an animal, or material body capable of utilizing an animal, or material mind. The character of your personality is expressed by mind but it is not literally mind. Mind is a ministry on many different levels servicing all of life. Mind ministry is a holy gift evolving in utilization to divine status by personality choice.

An animal mind should not be labeled as inherently "bad". An animal mind is another term for "material mind". Humans have two minds, a material mind, and once the soul is born, a morontia mind. Personality is able to choose which mind it prefers to think with. Perhaps you are confusing animal behavior with animal mind? They are not the same thing, behavior requires the personality (a divine gift) to make a choice to behave in an "animal" or material way.

PostPosted:  

Regarding kat's post above: I have come to be so very impressed with the work and success of the Life Carriers and Adjutants to create and evolve beings that are designed to become Spirit-responsive and eternal in potential. A being, evolved from animal and plant and single cell organisms, which becomes capable of relationships with and awareness of the creators. This potential to completely transcend our limitations at birth and to transform our being and to become weaned off of the adjutant mind to become of spirit mindedness is an incredible accomplishment by those who bring life and mind to each evolutionary world. We are the epitome of their success and struggle that takes millions of years to achieve. What a story!

PostPosted:  

ok Bradly - no sophist - katroofjebus - nice posts all - and will read paper 34:4.10

from my CS upbringing - I understand that my Soul or Spirit is infinite and perfect and has always been and always will be - not the mortal body... so yes in other words - my Spirit and Soul and Being is eternal - I guess that does mean my Soul and Spirit did exist before being born on this planet in 1958... just the fact that your Soul and Spirit is eternal and has life everlasting - and yes I guess also have to have Faith in the Christ - the holy Spirit and God the Father - of course I am still in a human body now and am not perfect as a mortal man - but the true being of a Son of Man is perfect and infinite and everlasting. And I guess we all do need to live our lives on earth and be good people and help others - and reading the UB - yes it does lay out the progression of what happens after death of the "mortal body".
Anyway - let me see if I can say this right - the real man - Soul and Spirit is perfect and infinite - yes maybe we do have to do all this ascending to get there yes - but if we are made in the image and likeness of God - it is not the mortal body - but each soul and spirit is perfect and lives forever - so yes I would say my Soul and Spirit has lived forever and IS perfect - but not in the mortal flesh and blood

- and that this life on planet earth is a stepping stone to going onwards and upwards - and yes the UB does seem to list this out - I am not saying I am anything special tho - this would be for every soul that wants to be more closer to God and the Christ and the Holy Spirit - also I would say that Michael/Jesus Christ in the flesh here on earth 2000 yrs ago was a big deal - but the real souls and spirits of all humans should be perfect and everlasting - but the UB is saying also that souls can be "deleted" if you don't pass the test - this maybe true - but I do believe that every soul and spirit is perfect and lives forever - just the mortal body and life on a material mortal planet makes it hard to understand - and also this would be why we have the big test of mortal bodies and life on this planet at this time - it is the big test of your Soul and Spirit to overcome the mortal body and to overcome the limitations of a material world in a mortal body...seems like the UB is doing a good job of explaining some or all of this

hope this makes some sense?

PostPosted:  

Katroofjebus - one thing I think about Mind - yes I have a mortal mind and I also have a Spiritual Mind - and the Spiritual Mind is always talking to my mortal mind - like all the time if I am not too busy doing something - the Spiritual Mind - when fighting off bad thoughts or praying is your Mind - the higher Mind - not the mortal mind - and you can control the mortal mind with the Spiritual higher Mind - or can call it merging with the thought adjuster or whatever

as a Son of Man or Son of God - and with the faith of the Christ-Jesus and Holy Ghost/Spirit and God - I can think and pray in non mortal terms and I do everyday. And I do the fighting off of bad thoughts all the time - like Paul said in the Apostles in the new test - shield of this - helmet of that - sword of Truth - i have to get the chapter and verse on that one hang on ha ha ha 5 5 5 got it - jeez have been thinking about this for days !

The full quote as outlined in the King James Bible, is from Paul the Apostle's letter to the [b]Ephesians 6:10–18:

(10) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. (11) Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (14) Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; (15) And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; (16) Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. (17) And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: (18) Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;[1][/b]

yah - this is the real deal also - the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God and the Shield of Faith and praying always in the Spirit
anyway - Mind over matter and Spiritual Mind over everything mortal mind wants to throw at you everyday - yes we have a big journey and big things to do in this life and wherever it leads it leads after as well ... anyway - just wanted to add a couple of things here

PostPosted:  

shrimpythai wrote:
from my CS upbringing - I understand that my Soul or Spirit is infinite and perfect and has always been and always will be

You'll discover from further reading that this is not the case. The only part of any human who is infinite and perfect is the Father fragment, or Thought Adjuster, what you call "Spirit". Otherwise there is nothing about any human that is perfect. The goal is to become perfected by doing the will of the Father through cooperation with his fragment who indwells one's own imperfect mind.

shrimpythai wrote:
I guess that does mean my Soul and Spirit did exist before being born on this planet in 1958...

You will also discover with further reading that the soul is born around the age of 6, it is not perfect and it had no prior existence whatsoever. The soul is a vehicle by which the evolution of perfecting character is enabled to survive death.

shrimpythai wrote:
just the fact that your Soul and Spirit is eternal and has life everlasting

Yes, the Spirit, or Father fragment, is eternal with life everlasting, but the soul is not eternal until it fuses with the Father fragment. But even then, it is not perfect.

shrimpythai wrote:
but I do believe that every soul and spirit is perfect and lives forever

No mortal soul can ever be perfect. Even when one's soul reaches Paradise, after the long and arduous ascension career, it has only gained one kind of perfection, the perfection of purpose. Even in eternity, a soul will never be perfect, but it will always be perfecting. If a soul were perfect it would be God himself, and that cannot be.

shrimpythai wrote:
it is the big test of your Soul and Spirit to overcome the mortal body and to overcome the limitations of a material world in a mortal body...

The religious life is not really about overcoming the material world, it more about embracing all that is good about it and making it better. The material world is a reality which is also in the process of perfecting. The goal of this life is to embrace all of reality and make it more true, beautiful and good. This can only be done by doing the will of the Father which is to become an active, aggressively real and positive evangel of living love right here in the midst of material reality, just like Jesus did.

PostPosted:  

shrimpythai wrote:
Katroofjebus - one thing I think about Mind - yes I have a mortal mind and I also have a Spiritual Mind - and the Spiritual Mind is always talking to my mortal mind - like all the time if I am not too busy doing something - the Spiritual Mind - when fighting off bad thoughts or praying is your Mind - the higher Mind - not the mortal mind - and you can control the mortal mind with the Spiritual higher Mind - or can call it merging with the thought adjuster or whatever

I agree with this, but I don't think you have to fight off bad thoughts. I have found that the more attention I give to fighting the bad, the more there is of it to fight. The process of trying not to think of something makes you think of it even more. There is a reference which explains that instead we should busy ourselves falling in love with good thoughts and that is enough of a shield against the bad which is eventually forgotten about. Here it is, from Jesus himself:

(1738.4) 156:5.5 But let me warn you against the folly of undertaking to surmount temptation by the effort of supplanting one desire by another and supposedly superior desire through the mere force of the human will. If you would be truly triumphant over the temptations of the lesser and lower nature, you must come to that place of spiritual advantage where you have really and truly developed an actual interest in, and love for, those higher and more idealistic forms of conduct which your mind is desirous of substituting for these lower and less idealistic habits of behavior that you recognize as temptation. You will in this way be delivered through spiritual transformation rather than be increasingly overburdened with the deceptive suppression of mortal desires. The old and the inferior will be forgotten in the love for the new and the superior. Beauty is always triumphant over ugliness in the hearts of all who are illuminated by the love of truth. There is mighty power in the expulsive energy of a new and sincere spiritual affection. And again I say to you, be not overcome by evil but rather overcome evil with good.

PostPosted:  

and of course the very next chapter explains all this ! 5 5 5 onwards all ! and capital Mind not lower case mind !!! 5 5 5

2. Nature of the Soul
111:2.1 (1217.5) Throughout the mind functions of cosmic intelligence, the totality of mind is dominant over the parts of intellectual function. Mind, in its essence, is functional unity; therefore does mind never fail to manifest this constitutive unity, even when hampered and hindered by the unwise actions and choices of a misguided self. And this unity of mind invariably seeks for spirit co-ordination on all levels of its association with selves of will dignity and ascension prerogatives.

111:2.2 (1217.6) The material mind of mortal man is the cosmic loom that carries the morontia fabrics on which the indwelling Thought Adjuster threads the spirit patterns of a universe character of enduring values and divine meanings—a surviving soul of ultimate destiny and unending career, a potential finaliter.

111:2.3 (1218.1) The human personality is identified with mind and spirit held together in functional relationship by life in a material body. This functioning relationship of such mind and spirit does not result in some combination of the qualities or attributes of mind and spirit but rather in an entirely new, original, and unique universe value of potentially eternal endurance, the soul.

111:2.4 (1218.2) There are three and not two factors in the evolutionary creation of such an immortal soul. These three antecedents of the morontia human soul are:

111:2.5 (1218.3) 1. The human mind and all cosmic influences antecedent thereto and impinging thereon.

111:2.6 (1218.4) 2. The divine spirit indwelling this human mind and all potentials inherent in such a fragment of absolute spirituality together with all associated spiritual influences and factors in human life.

111:2.7 (1218.5) 3. The relationship between material mind and divine spirit, which connotes a value and carries a meaning not found in either of the contributing factors to such an association. The reality of this unique relationship is neither material nor spiritual but morontial. It is the soul.

111:2.8 (1218.6) The midway creatures have long denominated this evolving soul of man the mid-mind in contradistinction to the lower or material mind and the higher or cosmic mind. This mid-mind is really a morontia phenomenon since it exists in the realm between the material and the spiritual. The potential of such a morontia evolution is inherent in the two universal urges of mind: the impulse of the finite mind of the creature to know God and attain the divinity of the Creator, and the impulse of the infinite mind of the Creator to know man and attain the experience of the creature.

111:2.9 (1218.7) This supernal transaction of evolving the immortal soul is made possible because the mortal mind is first personal and second is in contact with superanimal realities; it possesses a supermaterial endowment of cosmic ministry which insures the evolution of a moral nature capable of making moral decisions, thereby effecting a bona fide creative contact with the associated spiritual ministries and with the indwelling Thought Adjuster.

111:2.10 (1218.8) The inevitable result of such a contactual spiritualization of the human mind is the gradual birth of a soul, the joint offspring of an adjutant mind dominated by a human will that craves to know God, working in liaison with the spiritual forces of the universe which are under the overcontrol of an actual fragment of the very God of all creation—the Mystery Monitor. And thus does the material and mortal reality of the self transcend the temporal limitations of the physical-life machine and attain a new expression and a new identification in the evolving vehicle for selfhood continuity, the morontia and immortal soul.

PostPosted:  

katro - i don;t spend time fighting off bad thoughts - when they come in - I dismiss them instantly - get behind me or go away or something like that - not temptation thoughts - just darts coming in from out of the blue - I do not think they are MY thoughts anyway - but yes I do not spend time thinking bad thoughts - just some come in from where I don;t know - but I dismiss them in an instant
but good point and good paper there - not mortal desire thoughts and yes i get those as well and dismiss them also - these are like darts
coming from somewhere not from my thoughts or maybe they are - but I dismiss them instantly if get them

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next