Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:07 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Ants
PostPosted:  

Does the Urantia Book have anything to say on the subject of ants?

I have been fascinated by ants since I was knee high to one, and have my own website aimed at high-school level, to teach people about these fascinating creatures.

I have kept ant colonies in “ant farms” since my childhood, and I currently have 4 ant farms, the oldest of which is 10 years old. Each of my colonies has a queen, which can live for up to 15 years.

Now you know why I have an ant as my avatar. :smile:

In case you are wondering; the species of ant in my avatar is Lasius umbratus (which is the same as that in my ten year old colony).

Post subject: Re: Ants
PostPosted:  

nothing about ants specifically but you will find mention of how insects are born "fully educated" and information about the spiritual source of that instinct and intuition.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

It's interesting to consider the commonality of the word in certain languages:

anisner - Armenian
ants - English
eamelder - West Frisian
ameisen - German
ant’s - Georgian
ants - Serbian

miere - Afrikaans
mravki - Bulgarian
mravi - Bosnian
mravi - Croatian
myrer - Danish
mieren - Dutch
muurahaisia - Finnish
ta myrmínkia - Greek
maur - Icelandic
kumurskalar - Kirgistanian
mravki - Macedonian
maur - Norwegian
mrówki - Polish
murav'i - Russian
mravce - Slovakian
mrave - Slovenian
myror - Swedish
mūrcagon - Tajik
mravenci - Chech
murakhy - Ukraine
murašy - White Russian

Of course there are also several languages using the Latin core of the word. But the above shows, I believe in slight distinction from conventional scholastic thought, that the root expressed in Germanic related languages is by far the most pervasive, even if those languages are spoken in countries quite distant from each other. This may confirm what the revelators tell us about the origin of the one-time common Indo-European tongue.

Last edited by Riktare on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:21 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

That’s simply because these languages take the word for ant (and many other words, of course) from common word sources.

PostPosted:  

But the common word source and reason for it is not really understood or rather misunderstood outside of what the revelators tell us. At least that is my point and this is only one of very many examples.

There are 3 different root words here. One is the Latin (which is very different and certainly unrelated to the other two). The other two could be called West Germanic and East Germanic-Turkistanian. Both of those seem to be reasonably close to one another. The question ought to occur: what does this tell us about the migration of peoples who carried their language and culture with them very steadfastly across vast spans of time, distance and changing situations?

PostPosted:  

9:5.3 The unique feature of mind is that it can be bestowed upon such a wide range of life. Through his creative and creature associates the Third Source and Center ministers to all minds on all spheres. He ministers to human and subhuman intellect through the adjutants of the local universes and, through the agency of the physical controllers, ministers even to the lowest nonexperiencing entities of the most primitive types of living things. And always is the direction of mind a ministry of mind-spirit or mind-energy personalities.

I noticed you have now read Paper 9. You may wish to pay particular attention to the "adjutants" which will be explained more and more beginning ahead of you in Paper 17. The adjutants are the basis of all animal mind - teachable mind. Life itself has an inherent urge to live and survive and procreate....and perfect. Every level of life is subject to mind ministry....not the least of which are ants so subject as well. Ants are connected to the Spirit and mind ministry as are all other insects and life forms.

There are also distinctions of mechanical mind and nonteachable mind we are taught. You will soon come to more information about the source, function, and distinction of minds at different levels of life. Happy Reading!!

Bradly 8)