Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:24 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Just FYI
PostPosted:  

After 3 years of participating here, and being addressed as "bro," "brother," and "dude" (or "my dude') etc. I guess it's time to come clean because I'm starting to feel weird about it. I'm a woman. I went along with all the assuming that I'm a guy because it doesn't really matter in this context (and I'll admit it was kind of fun fitting in with the guys :wink: ). But at the same time, the UB does say that men and women need each other. It is my hope that the female perspectives of myself and other women in our discussions here adds a valuable dimension. In any case, diversity of sincere viewpoints is beneficial. According to UB, gender is so important that it persists into eternity!

Quote:
84:6.6 (939.1) Men and women need each other in their morontial and spiritual as well as in their mortal careers. The differences in viewpoint between male and female persist even beyond the first life and throughout the local and superuniverse ascensions. And even in Havona, the pilgrims who were once men and women will still be aiding each other in the Paradise ascent. Never, even in the Corps of the Finality, will the creature metamorphose so far as to obliterate the personality trends that humans call male and female; always will these two basic variations of humankind continue to intrigue, stimulate, encourage, and assist each other; always will they be mutually dependent on co-operation in the solution of perplexing universe problems and in the overcoming of manifold cosmic difficulties.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Just FYI
PostPosted:  

I sincerely apologize addressing you as a male; I assumed incorrectly. My bad. Nice to meet you, Agon!

Agon D. Onter wrote:
After 3 years of participating here, and being addressed as "bro," "brother," and "dude" (or "my dude') etc. I guess it's time to come clean because I'm starting to feel weird about it. I'm a woman. I went along with all the assuming that I'm a guy because it doesn't really matter in this context (and I'll admit it was kind of fun fitting in with the guys :wink: ). But at the same time, the UB does say that men and women need each other. It is my hope that the female perspectives of myself and other women in our discussions here adds a valuable dimension. In any case, diversity of sincere viewpoints is beneficial. According to UB, gender is so important that it persists into eternity!

Quote:
84:6.6 (939.1) Men and women need each other in their morontial and spiritual as well as in their mortal careers. The differences in viewpoint between male and female persist even beyond the first life and throughout the local and superuniverse ascensions. And even in Havona, the pilgrims who were once men and women will still be aiding each other in the Paradise ascent. Never, even in the Corps of the Finality, will the creature metamorphose so far as to obliterate the personality trends that humans call male and female; always will these two basic variations of humankind continue to intrigue, stimulate, encourage, and assist each other; always will they be mutually dependent on co-operation in the solution of perplexing universe problems and in the overcoming of manifold cosmic difficulties.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
I sincerely apologize addressing you as a male; I assumed incorrectly. My bad. Nice to meet you, Agon!

Oh, please don't feel bad. It's my fault. I could have simply set the record straight; but as I said, I kind of enjoyed it, for a while. It's fun being a guy for a change. But I didn't mean to be dishonest. As I said, I figured it didn't really matter, but now I started feeling bad about not straightening it out.

Thanks, though!

PostPosted:  

Always thought so. Early on you chided someone for assuming your gender. You were not declarative but....

I've always enjoyed your voice and perspective...regardless.

Glad you're here.

:wink: :!: :smile:

PostPosted:  

Very nice! I've certainly appreciated your posts and perspectives. Sometimes it has felt like they came from somewhere else than I could imagine but that makes it all the more interesting. 8)

PostPosted:  

Dudette... ??

PostPosted:  

haha thanks Agon for the clarification, you handled that very well!

PostPosted:  

Agon - I was looking thru the posts now - and found this - an ah ha moment - men and women are perfect in the eyes oF God and the Holy Spirit - unfortunetely on earth this is not always the case - but just wanted to say thanks for you posts on my topic as a noob to the UB am getting the hang of things fairly quick - but maybe need 10-30 years to get up to speed 5 5 5 well maybe not - if I ain;t up to speed in 6 months I will not be happy - but never assume any gender from a poster eh?

thanks for your comments on my learning the UB book !
steve
thailand