Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:25 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The Book of Revelation
PostPosted:  

Can anyone tell me why there is no mention of the book of Revelation made in the UB, apart from John being the writer of it? Revelation 1 verses 1&2 "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw--that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ."
In the UB, Paper 53: 9, 2, it says, "The arch deceiver has never been on Urantia since the days when he sought to turn back Michael from the purpose to complete the bestowal and to establish himself finally and securely as the unqualified ruler of Nebadon. Upon Michael's becoming the settled head of the universe of Nebadon, Lucifer was taken into custody by the agents of the Uversa Ancients of Days and has since been a prisoner on satellite number one of the Father's group of transition spheres of Jerusem. And here the rulers of the other worlds and systems behold the end of the unfaithful Sovereign of Satania. Paul (I assume this to be Apostle Paul from the Bible) knew of the status of these rebellious leaders following Michael's bestowal, for he wrote of Caligastia's chiefs as "Spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6: 12?) Later in the UB, in Paper 54: 4, 8, ..."we may record that, during the time of effecting this revelation, the first hearing in the pending case of Gabriel vs Lucifer was held on Uversa, and soon thereafter there issued the mandate of the Ancients of Days directing that Satan be henceforth confined to the prison world with Lucifer. This ends the ability of Satan to pay further visits to any of the fallen worlds of Satania. Justice, in a mercy-dominated universe may be slow, but it is certain."
My question is how will Satan be able do the things written in the bible's book of the revelation of Jesus Christ, if he and Lucifer and now confined in prison? Will Caligastia and Daligastia take their places? I'm clutching at straws here.
This one might be for another post but also why are there quotes from Paul's writings and yet there is no mention of Paul meeting with Jesus on the Road to Damascus? Or of any of his writings in the New Testament?
I've been told, and also read in the UB that only fragments of the records exist, and I can accept that partly, but not wholeheartedly. Please help and post a reply if you get chance or have the time.

Blessings
MitchSte

This is my first post, be gentle with me. Perhaps these things have already been discussed, if so then could you kindly direct me to the posts so that I can read up on this? Thank you.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hello MitchSte and welcome!

Glad to have you here. Have you, by chance, read paper 139?

Quote:
139:4.14 (1555.7) When in temporary exile on Patmos, John wrote the Book of Revelation, which you now have in greatly abridged and distorted form. This Book of Revelation contains the surviving fragments of a great revelation, large portions of which were lost, other portions of which were removed, subsequent to John’s writing. It is preserved in only fragmentary and adulterated form.

The Book of Revelations in the Bible is not, as the saying goes, a reliabale narrator. Much has been lost and much was distorted between the time that John received the revelation and the time it all got written and edited into its current form.

PostPosted:  

Hello MitchSte

I am wresting with this very notion as well. Caligastia and Daligastia still roam the planet. We are told they they do not possess the volition directly to enter the minds of men as they did in the past. However, there are other means to effect a similar outcome; possessing the mind is not the only way to bend a human's will to sophistries. The two are allowed to "prosecute ... nefarious designs." So definitely I can say they are causing mischief around the planet.

I suspect more angels have defected to their side.

Oh! Btw., welcome aboard! Looking forward to broaching TUB topics together!

MitchSte wrote:
Can anyone tell me why there is no mention of the book of Revelation made in the UB, apart from John being the writer of it? Revelation 1 verses 1&2 "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw--that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ."
In the UB, Paper 53: 9, 2, it says, "The arch deceiver has never been on Urantia since the days when he sought to turn back Michael from the purpose to complete the bestowal and to establish himself finally and securely as the unqualified ruler of Nebadon. Upon Michael's becoming the settled head of the universe of Nebadon, Lucifer was taken into custody by the agents of the Uversa Ancients of Days and has since been a prisoner on satellite number one of the Father's group of transition spheres of Jerusem. And here the rulers of the other worlds and systems behold the end of the unfaithful Sovereign of Satania. Paul (I assume this to be Apostle Paul from the Bible) knew of the status of these rebellious leaders following Michael's bestowal, for he wrote of Caligastia's chiefs as "Spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6: 12?) Later in the UB, in Paper 54: 4, 8, ..."we may record that, during the time of effecting this revelation, the first hearing in the pending case of Gabriel vs Lucifer was held on Uversa, and soon thereafter there issued the mandate of the Ancients of Days directing that Satan be henceforth confined to the prison world with Lucifer. This ends the ability of Satan to pay further visits to any of the fallen worlds of Satania. Justice, in a mercy-dominated universe may be slow, but it is certain."
My question is how will Satan be able do the things written in the bible's book of the revelation of Jesus Christ, if he and Lucifer and now confined in prison? Will Caligastia and Daligastia take their places? I'm clutching at straws here.
This one might be for another post but also why are there quotes from Paul's writings and yet there is no mention of Paul meeting with Jesus on the Road to Damascus? Or of any of his writings in the New Testament?
I've been told, and also read in the UB that only fragments of the records exist, and I can accept that partly, but not wholeheartedly. Please help and post a reply if you get chance or have the time.

Blessings
MitchSte

This is my first post, be gentle with me. Perhaps these things have already been discussed, if so then could you kindly direct me to the posts so that I can read up on this? Thank you.

PostPosted:  

Hi and thank you,

Yes I remember reading what you said about Caligastia and Daligastia, although I can't remember the actual paper and chapter. I could find it no trouble.

Lol, I had to google what broaching was, interesting word. Thank you.

PostPosted:  

Greetings...check out the topic in Q&A "Technology and the so called Mark of the Beast".

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5468

Welcome. 8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:00 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

MitchSte, as Agon pointed out, revelators tells us the book of revelations is abridged and distorted.

But rest assured, "there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth ...these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings."

So, I admonish you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater, if you will :lol:

PostPosted:  

I'm hurt. It seems a bit dogmatic to me.

But still I appreciate the reply and reprimand. Have you all had dictionaries to eat for tea?

But I am new here and hopefully I will learn.

PostPosted:  

MitchSte wrote:
Paper 54: 4, 8, ..."we may record that, during the time of effecting this revelation"

The time of effecting this revelation. For Satania-Jerusem, consider that "the time of effecting this revelation" might rather begins circa the moment the Monument to Michael's Seventh Planetary Bestowal was made on Jerusem (A.D. 1400's). What kind of revelation well with the life of Jesus it is a supreme revelation, with the letter of John it is his personal revelation expressed to the best of his ability (which is saying something since he is Apostle). And with Urantia Papers we are dealing with public, or perscribed revelation.

PostPosted:  

You may wish to Read Paper 52 - Planetary Mortal Epochs. A story and destiny awaits our world which is far more glorious and outshines any Revelations based vision of any historical preacher or prophet. Urantia has an inevitable outcome delivered by the Most Highs and our Angelic friends and the Divine and Celestial leadership of our world. Have you read of the Twenty Four Counselors?

52:7.14 (600.3) No matter what the special natural history of an individual planet may be, no difference whether a realm has been wholly loyal, tainted with evil, or cursed by sin—no matter what the antecedents may be—sooner or later the grace of God and the ministry of angels will usher in the day of the advent of the Trinity Teacher Sons; and their departure, following their final mission, will inaugurate this superb era of light and life.

52:7.15 (600.4) All the worlds of Satania can join in the hope of the one who wrote: “Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for a new heaven and a new earth, wherein dwells righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that you look for such things, be diligent that you may be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless.” *

52:7.16 (600.5) The departure of the Teacher Son corps, at the end of their first or some subsequent reign, ushers in the dawn of the era of light and life—the threshold of the transition from time to the vestibule of eternity. The planetary realization of this era of light and life far more than equals the fondest expectations of Urantia mortals who have entertained no more farseeing concepts of the future life than those embraced within religious beliefs which depict heaven as the immediate destiny and final dwelling place of surviving mortals.

Also check out Paper 114 - Seraphic Planetary Government

114:7.14 (1258.6) Urantia mortals should not allow the comparative spiritual isolation of their world from certain of the local universe circuits to produce a feeling of cosmic desertion or planetary orphanage. There is operative on the planet a very definite and effective superhuman supervision of world affairs and human destinies.

114:7.15 (1258.7) But it is true that you can have, at best, only a meager idea of an ideal planetary government. Since the early times of the Planetary Prince, Urantia has suffered from the miscarriage of the divine plan of world growth and racial development. The loyal inhabited worlds of Satania are not governed as is Urantia. Nevertheless, compared with the other isolated worlds, your planetary governments have not been so inferior; only one or two worlds may be said to be worse, and a few may be slightly better, but the majority are on a plane of equality with you.

114:7.16 (1259.1) No one in the local universe seems to know when the unsettled status of the planetary administration will terminate. The Nebadon Melchizedeks are inclined to the opinion that little change will occur in the planetary government and administration until Michael’s second personal arrival on Urantia. Undoubtedly at this time, if not before, sweeping changes will be effected in planetary management. But as to the nature of such modifications of world administration, no one seems to be able even to conjecture. There is no precedent for such an episode in all the history of the inhabited worlds of the universe of Nebadon. Among the many things difficult to understand concerning the future government of Urantia, a prominent one is the location on the planet of a circuit and divisional headquarters of the archangels.

114:7.17 (1259.2) Your isolated world is not forgotten in the counsels of the universe. Urantia is not a cosmic orphan stigmatized by sin and shut away from divine watchcare by rebellion. From Uversa to Salvington and on down to Jerusem, even in Havona and on Paradise, they all know we are here; and you mortals now dwelling on Urantia are just as lovingly cherished and just as faithfully watched over as if the sphere had never been betrayed by a faithless Planetary Prince, even more so. It is eternally true, “the Father himself loves you.”

8)

PostPosted:  

Also, MitchSte, there is an apocryphal book called Book of Enoch. Revelators comment on it:

Quote:
126:3.6 (1390.1) In the course of this year Jesus found a passage in the so-called Book of Enoch which influenced him in the later adoption of the term “Son of Man” as a designation for his bestowal mission on Urantia.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
Hello MitchSte

I am wresting with this very notion as well. Caligastia and Daligastia still roam the planet. We are told they they do not possess the volition directly to enter the minds of men as they did in the past. However, there are other means to effect a similar outcome; possessing the mind is not the only way to bend a human's will to sophistries. The two are allowed to "prosecute ... nefarious designs." So definitely I can say they are causing mischief around the planet.

I suspect more angels have defected to their side.

Oh! Btw., welcome aboard! Looking forward to broaching TUB topics together!

It should be pointed out that no mind could be invaded or manipulated or possessed before OR after the Spirit of Truth, the ministry of Jesus, and the flood of Thought Adjusters. The mind and mortal free will is inviolate...no angel, celestial, other mortal, any other mind, even Michael has the power as God has commanded the absolute free will of all beings. This is why error, evil, sin, iniquity, and even rebellion can even happen in the first place. This is a foundational and fundamental LAW of the universe of universes.

The UB also makes it clear that all rebels, other than our Prince (and perhaps his lieutenet) are isolated and no new rebel beings joined their ranks since early in the rebellion, hundreds of thousands of years ago. BB's suspicions have no support in the UB and he offers none. Michael has requested and it has been decreed that all rebels be rounded up and isolated. Due to reflectivity we know of a certainty that no being may hide what is in their heart or mind or their degree of loyalty....all of these are known about every and all beings.

There are those who do wish to blame the Devil for our own bad choices and situations and for the world's woes as well. Such beliefs and declarations contradict the UB in many ways. The mansion worlds are designed and built for the normal education and evolutionary progress of mortals - the rehabilitation of primitive minds and material born beings....not due to rebellion but due to the animal vestiges and the self importance of ego dominance and the reality of ignorance and the stages of the Mortal epochs of time.

Every world takes one to two million years to evolve from its declaration of being first inhabited by people through the normal stages of barbarity and savagery and primitivism to the inevitable state of enlightened Light and Life....even worlds without rebellion. The planetary progress and evolution always experiences progress slowly and through ALL the stages - none may be skipped - and this is a unique path for each world. I also have no doubt that Caligastia is always up to something "nefarious" but his isolation means he does not determine the choices of 7 billion souls and he cannot overcome the work of the reservists, the midwayers, millions and millions of angels, and all the celestial hosts who tend to our world and guide it through the Mortal Epochs of Time.

The troubles of our world are due to the spiritual status of its people and the motivations, priorities, and choices of every single person and the aggregation of all such persons. We are taught this is true at every and all levels of creation....the Supreme grows in size, power, wisdom, and effect by every choice of every being that expresses love, truth, beauty, and goodness. All choices of error/evil, sin, and iniquity delivers repercussions of a local and temporary nature which must and always are and will be overwhelmed by the love response of others.

We are taught that as horrific as slavery is, for example, that it delivered the end of cannibalism and began the era of town building and civilization as we know it. Today's materialism is leading us away from nationalism into globalization and the future service based economy we already see signs of on the continuing path of evolutionary progress. World wide travel, commerce, education, leisure, digital communication and association, social media networking, and many more telltale signs of the promises and progress of our world are all around us to witness and marvel at today. Who might deny our world's evolution and progress since the rebellion and since Jesus lived among us and since the trade routes of old and the printing press. Not so long ago it took 80% of the world to feed the world, now it takes 5%.

This is the natural order...as goes the parts, so goes the whole. As more and more people become more and more spiritualized then does the whole world progress and move toward that inevitable state of Light and Life. The UB says the worst of the material age is over and we quiver on the brink of momentous times for our world. But the UB also says we are here such a brief time. It is rather silly to worry so much about our world here when it is in such good hands and it is but a bridge to us. This is not our home, it is our launching pad to eternal adventures. Our primary business is to be good citizens of the world while getting focused on our own spiritualization and inner journey and partnership with our God Fragment. The more and the better we do that, Jesus said all other matters will be taken care of. Fear Not.

I would encourage you Mitch and all students of the UB to not give the Devil much notice and no credit for bad choices or bad outcomes. He is irrelevant. Or enough so to give no heed. This is the Shrine of Nebadon, one time home of the Creator Son, and the HQ for the Archangels, and a mighty band of midwayers and capable leaders headed by the Most Highs....our world is beloved and well guided and guarded...and THIS is what the UB teaches.

Mitch, I hope you will not let the suspicions, doubts, fears, anxieties, and beliefs of others to create any such feelings of your own. The UB is a light to uplift the hearts of all people and to reiterate the Good News which Jesus brought us 2000 years ago. Jesus taught us we should not worry about our daily bread or material trials and tribulations, even if all things earthly should crash about our ears and we should suffer violence, unfairness, maltreatments, or even death itself. Shall we then worry about the Devil? Hahahahahaha….a toothless tiger roaming about in frustration and impotency, suffering that punishment that the Creator Son deemed appropriate to his crimes....until that certain and ultimate justice comes his way. The Master said Fear Not!!

Let us follow the words and the example of our Lord.

53:8.4 (609.7) The Son of Man was confident of success, and he knew that his triumph on your world would forever settle the status of his agelong enemies, not only in Satania but also in the other two systems where sin had entered. There was survival for mortals and security for angels when your Master, in reply to the Lucifer proposals, calmly and with divine assurance replied, “Get you behind me, Satan.” That was, in principle, the real end of the Lucifer rebellion. True, the Uversa tribunals have not yet rendered the executive decision regarding the appeal of Gabriel praying for the destruction of the rebels, but such a decree will, no doubt, be forthcoming in the fullness of time since the first step in the hearing of this case has already been taken.

53:8.5 (610.1) Caligastia was recognized by the Son of Man as the technical Prince of Urantia up to near the time of his death. Said Jesus: “Now is the judgment of this world; now shall the prince of this world be cast down.” And then still nearer the completion of his lifework he announced, “The prince of this world is judged.” And it is this same dethroned and discredited Prince who was once termed “God of Urantia.”

53:8.6 (610.2) The last act of Michael before leaving Urantia was to offer mercy to Caligastia and Daligastia, but they spurned his tender proffer. Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, is still free on Urantia to prosecute his nefarious designs, but he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

53:8.7 (610.3) Before the bestowal of Michael these rulers of darkness sought to maintain their authority on Urantia, and they persistently withstood the minor and subordinate celestial personalities. But since the day of Pentecost this traitorous Caligastia and his equally contemptible associate, Daligastia, are servile before the divine majesty of the Paradise Thought Adjusters and the protective Spirit of Truth, the spirit of Michael, which has been poured out upon all flesh.

53:8.8 (610.4) But even so, no fallen spirit ever did have the power to invade the minds or to harass the souls of the children of God. Neither Satan nor Caligastia could ever touch or approach the faith sons of God; faith is an effective armor against sin and iniquity. It is true: “He who is born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one touches him not.”

53:8.9 (610.5) In general, when weak and dissolute mortals are supposed to be under the influence of devils and demons, they are merely being dominated by their own inherent and debased tendencies, being led away by their own natural propensities. The devil has been given a great deal of credit for evil which does not belong to him. Caligastia has been comparatively impotent since the cross of Christ.

:!: :idea: 8)

PostPosted:  

Additional text in support of my prior post:

156:2.1 (1735.5) In entering Sidon, Jesus and his associates passed over a bridge, the first one many of them had ever seen. As they walked over this bridge, Jesus, among other things, said: “This world is only a bridge; you may pass over it, but you should not think to build a dwelling place upon it.”

100:2.7 (1096.4) Jesus portrayed the profound surety of the God-knowing mortal when he said: “To a God-knowing kingdom believer, what does it matter if all things earthly crash?” Temporal securities are vulnerable, but spiritual sureties are impregnable. When the flood tides of human adversity, selfishness, cruelty, hate, malice, and jealousy beat about the mortal soul, you may rest in the assurance that there is one inner bastion, the citadel of the spirit, which is absolutely unassailable; at least this is true of every human being who has dedicated the keeping of his soul to the indwelling spirit of the eternal God.

100:2.8 (1096.5) After such spiritual attainment, whether secured by gradual growth or specific crisis, there occurs a new orientation of personality as well as the development of a new standard of values. Such spirit-born individuals are so remotivated in life that they can calmly stand by while their fondest ambitions perish and their keenest hopes crash; they positively know that such catastrophes are but the redirecting cataclysms which wreck one’s temporal creations preliminary to the rearing of the more noble and enduring realities of a new and more sublime level of universe attainment.

176:3.2 (1916.2) “And even you, Thomas, fail to comprehend what I have been saying. Have I not all this time taught you that your connection with the kingdom is spiritual and individual, wholly a matter of personal experience in the spirit by the faith-realization that you are a son of God? What more shall I say? The downfall of nations, the crash of empires, the destruction of the unbelieving Jews, the end of an age, even the end of the world, what have these things to do with one who believes this gospel, and who has hid his life in the surety of the eternal kingdom? You who are God-knowing and gospel-believing have already received the assurances of eternal life. Since your lives have been lived in the spirit and for the Father, nothing can be of serious concern to you. Kingdom builders, the accredited citizens of the heavenly worlds, are not to be disturbed by temporal upheavals or perturbed by terrestrial cataclysms. What does it matter to you who believe this gospel of the kingdom if nations overturn, the age ends, or all things visible crash, since you know that your life is the gift of the Son, and that it is eternally secure in the Father? Having lived the temporal life by faith and having yielded the fruits of the spirit as the righteousness of loving service for your fellows, you can confidently look forward to the next step in the eternal career with the same survival faith that has carried you through your first and earthly adventure in sonship with God.

176:3.3 (1916.3) “Each generation of believers should carry on their work, in view of the possible return of the Son of Man, exactly as each individual believer carries forward his lifework in view of inevitable and ever-impending natural death. When you have by faith once established yourself as a son of God, nothing else matters as regards the surety of survival. But make no mistake! this survival faith is a living faith, and it increasingly manifests the fruits of that divine spirit which first inspired it in the human heart. That you have once accepted sonship in the heavenly kingdom will not save you in the face of the knowing and persistent rejection of those truths which have to do with the progressive spiritual fruit-bearing of the sons of God in the flesh. You who have been with me in the Father’s business on earth can even now desert the kingdom if you find that you love not the way of the Father’s service for mankind.

PostPosted:  

I'd just like to say thank you for the welcome and your comments.

As I am not the sharpest knife in the box, it will take time for me to read through them, look them up and form some kind of opinion.

I am new here and I have only been reading the UB for the past two years.

And I have a head full of the bible.

I could quote passages from the bible back to you, where you have quoted the UB book to me. But I do not think it is appropriate.

What is appropriate is one's heart. And one's faith.

You can have all the intelligence and knowledge in the world but if your heart is not right, and you have not faith, then, you are just chasing after the wind.

I read papers 62&63 again today. I don't know what to think. Paper 62: 4, 6 says "And now, after almost nine hundred generations of development, covering about twenty-one thousand years from the origin of the dawn of mammals, the Primates suddenly gave birth to two remarkable creatures, the first true human beings." My first thought about this was, how long is a generation? The bible often says 40 years. But in modern days a generation might mean a whole lifetime, which could be anything from 60 to a 100 years. I think the average human nowadays lives for the usual "3 score and ten," but who knows. Also a generation could be the time from a son, or daughter, to the father or mother, which could be just 20 years.

My search is for peace and truth. I am sorry if some of my comments upset people, but regardless they have to be said..

I have been on so-called Christian sites and just the mention of the UB causes heated debate. I've not actually been kicked from the sites but I might as well have been a leper, with the way they have spoken to me and treated me. No offense to lepers.

Anyway, that just about wraps it up for now.

Just one more point, you may want to revise your spell checker, as it does not recognize the words of your own book. Many times I have typed in words from the text and get a red squiggle under the words, then I have to add them to the dictionary.

Just one last quote from paper 63: 6, 6, which says, "O breath of life, give us this day our daily food, deliver us from the curse of the ice, save us from our forest enemies, and with mercy receive us into the Great Beyond." Onagar.

Peace be with you all.

MitchSte

PostPosted:  

Hello Mitch!!

Glad to hear of your studies!! Everyone who finds the UB has many personal beliefs and preconceptions that will be challenged and contradicted by its contents. It cannot be otherwise. Most of us begin its reading and study as if it is a most interesting piece of fiction written by a curious cast of characters who must surely also be fictitious!

But the more of the text one reads, the more true does this bell ring for most. It does not just confound and conflict with our prior beliefs, but it also confirms many things we know or clarifies things we already doubt or already suspect might be so. We are each and all connected to Spirit, including the voice of Jesus as the Spirit of Truth whereby his Gospel is retold to every mind and generation. Insight originates by our connection to the Spirit as well. Faith is a function of our innate religious experience. The yearn and hunger and thirst for truth is real as is the assurance and confirmation of truth real also.

I hope you will continue to study and allow the text to speak for itself. Those who debunk and disbelief and those who read and believe are not valid sources or any proof of anything at all. We must all discover truth for ourselves. A truth seeker must be willing to recognize our own prejudices of belief and consider that reality if we are to ever learn anything new or discover truth in meanings and values. Take your time.

There are traditionalists and those of many creeds and doctrines who love their current beliefs and practices. The UB teaches that is okay....the knowledge we think we have or do not have and the beliefs we have which are accurate or as false as can be are secondary to faith....and the embrace of the Gospel OF Jesus....God is our loving parent making all of us his children and one family.

The UB claims that factual knowledge of universal reality is very helpful to the religious experience and that such clarity of perspective is its purpose....but it also teaches that faith, even without facts/knowledgr or even with false beliefs (knowledge) always saves while facts without faith fails us. So the authors make no claim on our souls or requirements of belief or creed or doctrine. Universe reality does not require nor depend upon our belief...it is real regardless. We are provided forgiveness, mercy and time to learn the facts of reality and the truth of the Spirit. Or so I understand the text to teach.

Unfortunately so many Christians today are not adherents to the Gospel so much as indoctrinated Paulinian Christians who are far too focused on the gospel ABOUT Jesus rather than the Gospel OF Jesus...there is such a big difference.

No one can prove one's religious reality to another nor can anyone here prove the UB is what it claims. Just read on. Pray. Contemplate and consider. Read some more. See what happens.

You are welcome here. Ask any questions you wish. While there are stupid answers, there are no stupid questions by anyone who is sincere of heart and hoping to learn more!

The average generation of the 900 in the quote is about 23 years long which was actually about the average life expectancy of those mid-mammals/primates. Even today, many consider a "generation" to be 25 years or 4 to a century or about 80 generations since the time of Jesus for this is the average age of full reproduction of one generation to the next - not life expectancy...as you noted yourself...from son or daughter to mother/father.

Let me encourage you to adhere to the following wise words posted by....you!

"What is appropriate is one's heart. And one's faith.

You can have all the intelligence and knowledge in the world but if your heart is not right, and you have not faith, then, you are just chasing after the wind.

My search is for peace and truth."

May your search find both! Faith is always rewarded! Fear Not. The Lord is with you...always.

Thanks for being here with us.

Bradly :wink: 8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:42 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Thanks Bradly (FanofVan) great name.

Really appreciate your words, and your words of encouragement.

I think I will be reading more about Van as I intend to read papers 66&67 again quite soon.

Peace be with you.

MitchSte