Satan, Satania, Urantia, 666 and 606 - page 1 | Urantia Book Forum |

Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:04 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Urantia Revelators tell us our system of planets is named after a Lanonondek son, Satan; that is, Satania. We are told, also, Urantia, the name of our planet, is number 606 in the planetary group of Satania. In the book of Revelation, 666 is associated with Satan. I believe strongly that this number, 666, is related to the number of Urantia, 606.

Here are several interesting mathematical facts about the earth that confirm Earth (Urantia) is 666 / 606:

Earth travels 18.5 MPS around the sun.

Earth travels around the sun in MPM: 18.5 X 60 = 1110 MPM

Earth travels around the sun in MPH: 1110 X 60 = 6,6600 MPH; remove zeros = 666

Earth tilts at 23.4 deg off its axis (90 deg.) Subtract 23.4 from 90 degree axis: 90 - 23.4 = 66.6

The polar circles are located near the poles of the Earth, at 66.6° N and S latitude.

60 sec, 60 min and 24 hours (2+4 = 6) or 60,60,6; remove zeros = 666

Earth curves at approximately .666 feet per mile squared.

Coincidence? Doubt it.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

606 is simply the sequential and numerical order of evolutionary worlds of Satania deemed inhabited...there's #5 and 13 and 100 and 605 and 607 (if there's been another in the million years since 606 - Urantia was so deemed).

It's not 666...just 606. With a zero! Coincidence? I think so yes! But then numerologists can make any numbers say anything they wish...and do. You know, like area codes and zip codes...and11:11, etc. Astrologers can do the same, and do so as well. The UB says all such beliefs are primitive.

Quite a stretch there bb.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
606 is simply the sequential and numerical order of evolutionary worlds of Satania deemed inhabited...there's #5 and 13 and 100 and 605 and 607 (if there's been another in the million years since 606 - Urantia was so deemed).

It's not 666...just 606. With a zero! Coincidence? I think so yes! But then numerologists can make any numbers say anything they wish...and do. You know, like area codes and zip codes...and11:11, etc. Astrologers can do the same, and do so as well. The UB says all such beliefs are primitive.

To you it is a stretch but not to all others, including me. It is what it is. :roll:

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
fanofVan wrote:

To you it is a stretch but not to all others, including me. It is what it is. :roll:

"...not to all others..."...no. Just to the more educated, enlightened, and those who study and believe the teachings in the UB...about superstituous primitivisms....which are still embraced today by some it is true. Those who see the universe through the lens of metaphor and mysticism do seek secret keys and hidden meanings and understanding through many agencies devoid of either meaning or value. Oh well....it is mostly a harmless pursuit I think and one which time and evolutionary progress will eventually eliminate.

Regarding the belief in such keys, mysteries, hidden meanings, and metaphorical forms of teaching or interpretations of teachings, the UB says all such claims are made by ignorant and superstitious "priests" (those who claim the ability to divine and interpret meanings in such "signs") or those who follow them in such primitivisms.

I have come to hope for better from BB's studies of the UB over the years...but this is the potential when one becomes convinced in a non-literal and interpretive approach to reality I think.

As Agon D. Onter asks below....what is the meaning and value in such interpretation and belief...and sharing it with others? What's the motive and point and hope for such sharing I wonder?

A review of Papers 87, 88, 90, and 95 is recommended for those who wish to understand the role of such superstitions and primitive beliefs in our world's evolutionary progress.

For those who might wonder what the UB teaches or the Master said about all such beliefs:

150:3.2 (1680.4) Late that evening Jesus gave the united group a memorable talk on “Magic and Superstition.” In those days the appearance of a bright and supposedly new star was regarded as a token indicating that a great man had been born on earth. Such a star having then recently been observed, Andrew asked Jesus if these beliefs were well founded. In the long answer to Andrew’s question the Master entered upon a thoroughgoing discussion of the whole subject of human superstition. The statement which Jesus made at this time may be summarized in modern phraseology as follows:

150:3.3 (1680.5) 1. The courses of the stars in the heavens have nothing whatever to do with the events of human life on earth. Astronomy is a proper pursuit of science, but astrology is a mass of superstitious error which has no place in the gospel of the kingdom.

150:3.4 (1680.6) 2. The examination of the internal organs of an animal recently killed can reveal nothing about weather, future events, or the outcome of human affairs.

150:3.5 (1680.7) 3. The spirits of the dead do not come back to communicate with their families or their onetime friends among the living.

150:3.6 (1681.1) 4. Charms and relics are impotent to heal disease, ward off disaster, or influence evil spirits; the belief in all such material means of influencing the spiritual world is nothing but gross superstition.

150:3.7 (1681.2) 5. Casting lots, while it may be a convenient way of settling many minor difficulties, is not a method designed to disclose the divine will. Such outcomes are purely matters of material chance. The only means of communion with the spiritual world is embraced in the spirit endowment of mankind, the indwelling spirit of the Father, together with the outpoured spirit of the Son and the omnipresent influence of the Infinite Spirit.

150:3.8 (1681.3) 6. Divination, sorcery, and witchcraft are superstitions of ignorant minds, as also are the delusions of magic. The belief in magic numbers, omens of good luck, and harbingers of bad luck, is pure and unfounded superstition.

150:3.9 (1681.4) 7. The interpretation of dreams is largely a superstitious and groundless system of ignorant and fantastic speculation. The gospel of the kingdom must have nothing in common with the soothsayer priests of primitive religion.

150:3.10 (1681.5) 8. The spirits of good or evil cannot dwell within material symbols of clay, wood, or metal; idols are nothing more than the material of which they are made.

150:3.11 (1681.6) 9. The practices of the enchanters, the wizards, the magicians, and the sorcerers, were derived from the superstitions of the Egyptians, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, and the ancient Canaanites. Amulets and all sorts of incantations are futile either to win the protection of good spirits or to ward off supposed evil spirits.

150:3.12 (1681.7) 10. He exposed and denounced their belief in spells, ordeals, bewitching, cursing, signs, mandrakes, knotted cords, and all other forms of ignorant and enslaving superstition.

Bradly 8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:15 am +0000, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
Urantia Revelators tell us our system of planets is named after a Lanonondek son, Satan; that is, Satania. We are told, also, Urantia, the name of our planet, is number 606 in the planetary group of Satania. In the book of Revelation, 666 is associated with Satan. I believe strongly that this number, 666, is related to the number of Urantia, 606.

You are sharing your belief that the number 666 is related to the number of Urantia. But what does that MEAN? How does that belief impact your daily life? Or what is the spiritual value of this belief in numbers that are related? Can you elaborate on why this belief in the numbers 666 and 606 being 'related' has anything to do with Urantia Book teachings? I'm lost here ….

Quote:
Here are several interesting mathematical facts about the earth that confirm Earth (Urantia) is 666 / 606:

Earth travels 18.5 MPS around the sun.

Earth travels around the sun in MPM: 18.5 X 60 = 1110 MPM

Earth travels around the sun in MPH: 1110 X 60 = 6,6600 MPH; remove zeros = 666

Earth tilts at 23.4 deg off its axis (90 deg.) Subtract 23.4 from 90 degree axis: 90 - 23.4 = 66.6

The polar circles are located near the poles of the Earth, at 66.6° N and S latitude.

60 sec, 60 min and 24 hours (2+4 = 6) or 60,60,6; remove zeros = 666

Earth curves at approximately .666 feet per mile squared.

Coincidence? Doubt it.

Okay, cool, but still, why should we care? What does it MEAN; what spiritual value do you derive from this? All I see here is a post about numbers that have digits in common. I fail to understand why it matters.

PostPosted:  

Dear brooklyn_born,

You wrote:

Quote:
Urantia Revelators tell us our system of planets is named after a Lanonondek son, Satan; that is, Satania.

Can you tell me where you found this info? I have been trying to find that for a long time, and have not been successful. It seems reasonable to assume that there would be a connection, but I wonder if it might not be the other way around: that Satan was named after Satania...?

Anyway, if you have that passage about our system's name, can you share it?

Thanks!

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Blah blah blah... I stopped reading your reply at the below. I sort of gotten used to your know-it-all, judgmental personality type over the years frequenting TUB circles and running into you et. al :badgrin:

fanofVan wrote:

"...not to all others..."...no. Just to the more educated, enlightened, and those who study and believe the teachings in the UB...about superstituous primitivisms

PostPosted:  

Hello maryjo606,

This is what Revelators tell us:

0:0.2 (1.2) "... We have been instructed to introduce new terms only when the concept to be portrayed finds no terminology in English which can be employed to convey such a new concept partially or even with more or less distortion of meaning."

Satania is not a new term as it contains the root "Satan" which existed in the English language prior to the 5th epochal revelation. Further, the suffix "-ia" in Satan-ia is used to form a noun of places.

maryjo606 wrote:
Dear brooklyn_born,

You wrote:

Quote:
Urantia Revelators tell us our system of planets is named after a Lanonondek son, Satan; that is, Satania.

Can you tell me where you found this info? I have been trying to find that for a long time, and have not been successful. It seems reasonable to assume that there would be a connection, but I wonder if it might not be the other way around: that Satan was named after Satania...?

Thanks!

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:

You are sharing your belief that the number 666 is related to the number of Urantia. But what does that MEAN?

Mathematical and physical properties of earth reflect the numerical value assigned to it in TUB. It is validation, verification and confirmation found in sources outside UB text that Satania is rightly numbered 606 or falls in position 606 in the order of planets in our system.

Quote:
How does that belief impact your daily life?

How does the following revelation impact one's daily life?

Quote:
19:1.1 "(214.10) Of all the high orders of celestial personalities revealed to you, the Trinity Teacher Sons alone act in a dual capacity. By origin of Trinity nature, in function they are almost wholly devoted to the services of divine sonship. They are the liaison beings who bridge the universe gulf between Trinity- and dual-origin personalities."

It does not. Yet it is revealed to the reader as divinity to engage the intelligence.

Quote:
Or what is the spiritual value of this belief in numbers that are related?

I don't think I follow the logic in your question. I demonstrated, through observation, a mathematical and physical property of Urantia. Math is not a belief, which is why I fail to understand what you are asking. In any event, angels, we are told, are mathematical geniuses. Please refer to this revelation, in part:

Quote:
38:2.3 (419.3) "[...] you would truly regard a seraphim as a mathematical prodigy. "

Quote:
Can you elaborate on why this belief in the numbers 666 and 606 being 'related' has anything to do with Urantia Book teachings? I'm lost here ….

I explained it above but will reiterate. 666 or 606 is a mathematical and physical property of Urantia.

Quote:
Okay, cool, but still, why should we care? What does it MEAN; what spiritual value do you derive from this?

This is a TUB forum where people share their thoughts . I never asked you or anyone else to care. You can entertain, accept or reject it. That is entirely up to you. The fact is, however, there are many revelations in TUB without spiritual value. The cosmology and philosophy in TUB have no spiritual value but they are still imparted to us. Please examine the following revelation:

Quote:
56:10.2 (646.3) "Throughout this glorious age the chief pursuit of the ever-advancing mortals is the quest for a better understanding and a fuller realization of the comprehensible elements of Deity—truth, beauty, and goodness. This represents man’s effort to discern God in mind, matter, and spirit. And as the mortal pursues this quest, he finds himself increasingly absorbed in the experiential study of philosophy, cosmology, and divinity."

Quote:
All I see here is a post about numbers that have digits in common. I fail to understand why it matters.

I am not here to argue or debate with anyone about my personal thoughts on TUB; I have been there, done that. I share my thoughts here and people are free to do with it as they please. With that being said, if all you see is a post about numbers that have digits in common, then as they say in French, "c'est la vie!"

Last edited by brooklyn_born on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:00 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
Hello maryjo606,

This is what Revelators tell us:

0:0.2 (1.2) "... We have been instructed to introduce new terms only when the concept to be portrayed finds no terminology in English which can be employed to convey such a new concept partially or even with more or less distortion of meaning."

Satania is not a new term as it contains the root "Satan" which existed in the English language prior to the 5th epochal revelation. Further, the suffix "-ia" in Satan-ia is used to form a noun of places.

maryjo606 wrote:
Dear brooklyn_born,

You wrote:

Quote:

Thanks!

MaryJo

Of course "Satan" and Satania existed before English and even long before Urantia. I think all names, terms, and concepts presented in the UB were first introduced on Urantia by the Prince's staff and in the Garden...they do not originate by any mind of any mortal nor in the UB....the authors use original terms as carried through time and by oral tradition and by mortal translations. The chicken laid the egg...which then hatched the chicken.

8)

PostPosted:  

Revelators borrowed terms from the Bible to expand on divinity and cosmology. Why is it so difficult to admit this? I guess the term "God" existed before Urantia too?

:badgrin:

Last edited by brooklyn_born on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:08 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Brooklyborn wrote: "Mathematical and physical properties of earth reflect the numerical value assigned to it in TUB. It is validation, verification and confirmation found in sources outside UB text that Satania is rightly numbered 606 or falls in position 606 in the order of planets in our system."

Interesting - I think I can agree with that.

BB also wrote:
"This is a TUB forum where people share their thoughts . I never asked you or anyone else to care. You can entertain, accept or reject it. That is entirely up to you. The fact is, there are many revelations in TUB without spiritual value. The cosmology and philosophy in TUB have no spiritual value but they are still imparted to us."

Indeed. And I wanted to better understand your thoughts on this topic. Your post above helps me understand, so thank you. No offense intended.

You say "the cosmology and philosophy in TUB have no spiritual value …" I tend to disagree, as for my own experience. But that can be a topic for another thread.

PostPosted:  

Cool.

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Brooklyborn wrote: "Mathematical and physical properties of earth reflect the numerical value assigned to it in TUB. It is validation, verification and confirmation found in sources outside UB text that Satania is rightly numbered 606 or falls in position 606 in the order of planets in our system."

Interesting - I think I can agree with that.

BB also wrote:
"This is a TUB forum where people share their thoughts . I never asked you or anyone else to care. You can entertain, accept or reject it. That is entirely up to you. The fact is, there are many revelations in TUB without spiritual value. The cosmology and philosophy in TUB have no spiritual value but they are still imparted to us."

Indeed. And I wanted to better understand your thoughts on this topic. Your post above helps me understand, so thank you. No offense intended.

You say "the cosmology and philosophy in TUB have no spiritual value …" I tend to disagree, as for my own experience. But that can be a topic for another thread.

PostPosted:  

FanofVan wrote:

Quote:

Of course "Satan" and Satania existed before English and even long before Urantia. I think all names, terms, and concepts presented in the UB were first introduced on Urantia by the Prince's staff and in the Garden...they do not originate by any mind of any mortal nor in the UB....the authors use original terms as carried through time and by oral tradition and by mortal translations. The chicken laid the egg...which then hatched the chicken.

8)

Here is an interesting article about that:
https://truthbook.com/urantia/faq/why-i ... ed-satania

(Of course, this is just that website author's opinion, not intended to be UB's words about it.)

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
Revelators borrowed terms from the Bible to expand on divinity and cosmology. Why is it so difficult to admit this? I guess the term "God" existed before Urantia too?

:badgrin:

Exactly!! I have no problem admitting the obvious....the point is the human authors of the Bible and many other ancient texts did not invent the terms for celestials or the heavenly abode...they learned them from celestials and the corporeal staff from Dalmatia and the Garden and the progeny and oral traditions of those people and times.

As you say, the sequence of source should be...and is...self evident in the UB.

:idea: 8) :wink: