Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:05 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The Science Thread
PostPosted:  

Paper #1

String Theory predicts 11 dimensions and there is some scientific evidence that the material universe is a hologram or projection.

The scientists also think that the material universe is three dimensions with a fourth dimension of time. The fourth dimension of time doesn't make sense to me. Time exists in all dimensions.
UB says that the Isle of Paradise is the only real thing and that time is shifted or compressed as we ascend through the levels. “A day is as a thousand years with God, as but a watch
in the night.”

So, maybe this guess is close:
Dimension 1, time moves very fast, very dense space/time
Dimension 2, time moves very fast, very dense space/time
Dimension 3, time moves very fast, very dense space/time
Dimension 4, time moves fast, dense space/time
Dimension 5, time moves fast, dense space/time
Dimension 6, time moves medium, less dense space/time
Dimension 7, time moves medium, less dense space/time
Dimension 8, time moves slow, lightly dense space/time
Dimension 9, time moves slow, lightly dense space/time
Dimension 10, time moves very slow, almost no density to space/time
Dimension 11, time moves very slow, almost no density to space/time

Reality: Paradise Isle, all time is the exact same moment, non-space/time

So, we move up through the levels, time slows and we become less dense objects in space/time until we depart space/time altogether and make it into heaven.

Paper #2

The big bang did not happen. Hubble found that most of the galaxies were moving away from each other so the scientists figured that every galaxy must have come from the exact same place. The problem with that idea is gravity. Gravity does not allow a big bang to happen.

The scientists will say that they don't understand the physics that caused the big bang. That's because the big bang violates the law of gravity. They're trying to force an idea that goes against the laws of physics.

The scientists abandoned the law of gravity for the idea of the big bang. That is not science. You can't dismiss your most fundamental scientific law for another idea that you like better. If the new idea doesn't follow accepted laws, like gravity, then it's wrong.

UB readers know that angels form matter from emergent energy and sometimes that matter is allowed to form a nebula and sometimes the nebula's are swung into a swirling motion.

Scientists will also claim that the theory of the big bang predicted background radiation that they later found. Here's the thing about background radiation, all stars emit radiation and every area of space has stars in it so you are going to find radiation no matter where you look in the universe.

Another piece of evidence the scientists like to use is the uniform temperature of space as support for the big bang idea. The reason for the uniform temperature of space is because space is expanding. It's not just expanding but space is increasing the speed of the expansion, something the scientists can't explain so they came up with this idea of dark energy but they have no idea what it is. The expansion of space is what causes the uniform temperature, not a big bang. When space expands the void is increased and any residual heat spreads out.

Here is another thing that doesn't fit with the big bang idea, if the big bang were correct then all matter in the universe would be contained in an expanding sphere with a very large empty area in the center but that's not what we see. Matter is very uniformly distributed, as if it was done that way on purpose. The scientists try to claim that there was an initial incredibly rapid expansion of matter, they call this inflation, that separated the matter so gravity couldn't collapse it all but, once again, this idea of inflation violates the law of gravity.

So, once the scientists measured the expansion rate of all galaxies and ran it backwards they found that everything would have come together 13.8 billion years ago. What that means is that if they ever find any galaxy farther than 13.8 billion years, then the big bang did not happen. No scientist would believe in a prolonged big bang. It had to happen in an instant or it doesn't work.

In 2021 the James Webb telescope will be launched and some time after scientists will discover galaxies farther out than 13.8 billion years.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: The Science Thread
PostPosted:  

Sometimes I wonder if scientists come up with these theories by using ancient metaphysical systems as a guide. In Qabbala, Jewish mysticism or metaphysics, there are 10 Sephirot + 1 = 11 Sephirot, which is the sum total of the universe. These Sephirot are also viewed as dimensions or planes of existence.

I do not agree that time is a dimension onto itself. I think it is embedded in all dimensions based on laws of physics: Time = Distance / Speed. You cannot have time without space and movement within it; all three work hand in hand; they are mutually inclusive.

Cool topic, btw.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if scientists come up with these theories by using ancient metaphysical systems as a guide. In Qabbala, Jewish mysticism or metaphysics, there are 10 Sephirot + 1 = 11 Sephirot, which is the sum total of the universe. These Sephirot are also viewed as dimensions or planes of existence.

I do not agree that time is a dimension onto itself. I think it is embedded in all dimensions based on laws of physics: Time = Distance / Speed. You cannot have time without space and movement within it; all three work hand in hand; they are mutually inclusive.

Cool topic, btw.

That Qaballa stuff is interesting. I'm going to have to do some research on it.

I think that time can be thought of as two separate things, one, time is a component of the universe and an integral part of the physics of space/time. Two, time is not a component of the universe but is simply a sequence of events.

In the material universe, any action takes time so the scientists have come to believe that time is integral with space.

To God, there is no time factor. All material universe time is the exact same moment but for an ascended being on Paradise time is simply a sequence of events, I did this before I did that.

PostPosted:  

If what you say is true about time, then the formula T = D / S is rendered only partially true or pseudo or an illusion. However, we can accurately measure time based off that formula. I could concede to time as an integral part and product of the universe yet distinct and apart from it if time is transcendental in nature.

Dook wrote:
brooklyn_born wrote:

Cool topic, btw.

I think that time can be thought of as two separate things, one, time is a component of the universe and an integral part of the physics of space/time. Two, time is not a component of the universe but is simply a sequence of events.

In the material universe, any action takes time so the scientists have come to believe that time is integral with space.

To God, there is no time factor. All material universe time is the exact same moment but for an ascended being on Paradise time is simply a sequence of events, I did this before I did that.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
If what you say is true about time, then the formula T = D / S is rendered only partially true or pseudo or an illusion. However, we can accurately measure time based off that formula. I could concede to time as an integral part and product of the universe yet distinct and apart from it if time is transcendental in nature.

Dook wrote:
brooklyn_born wrote:

Cool topic, btw.

We can accurately measure time based off the formula T=D/S? What if I don't move? What if I stay in place? Then that formula does not work for measuring time.

PostPosted:  

That is an excellent counter argument. I did not consider it.

Dook wrote:
We can accurately measure time based off the formula T=D/S? What if I don't move? What if I stay in place? Then that formula does not work for measuring time.

PostPosted:  

Isn't time more fundamental than space? After all, the revelators state that space is measured by time. Time cannot be measured by space. This seems to hint that Special Relativity as described by Einstein and Minkowski is not correct, even if the physical effects of particles traveling rapidly are very close to calculations provided by the Lorentz Transformations.

Also consider that direction is what differentiates speed from velocity. Such differences may be easy to ignore when thinking superficially but may actually be crucial to understanding certain physical effects. Hence we have the constructs of spinors and quaternions rather than only vectors necessary in Quantum Mechanics and other more involved modeling schemes within Physics.

PostPosted:  

Riktare wrote:
Isn't time more fundamental than space? After all, the revelators state that space is measured by time. Time cannot be measured by space. This seems to hint that Special Relativity as described by Einstein and Minkowski is not correct, even if the physical effects of particles traveling rapidly are very close to calculations provided by the Lorentz Transformations.

Also consider that direction is what differentiates speed from velocity. Such differences may be easy to ignore when thinking superficially but may actually be crucial to understanding certain physical effects. Hence we have the constructs of spinors and quaternions rather than only vectors necessary in Quantum Mechanics and other more involved modeling schemes within Physics.

From a UB point of view, eleven dimensional space might be best measured as time because as you ascend though the levels you go from fast moving time to slow moving time and then you leave the material universe altogether and move to non-space/time.

I think the scientists are incorrect in their theory that there is a fourth dimension of time but I don't know for sure.

PostPosted:  

The big problem with String Theory (and consequently one interpretation of its abstract principles that lead some to believe it illuminates 11 or so dimensions) is that it is not based on known or observable physical behavior. It's a great tool for working out interesting possibilities in some universe that doesn't necessarily function as ours does. But there's nothing locking it or synchronizing it to the "real world". So you really don't know what the mathematics is actually telling you.

A "dimension" is actually any meaningful, independent and presumably measurable physical quantity. Time is certainly measurable and fully independent from all other physical aspects, provided you don't abuse or contaminate your mathematics. Mathematical physicists double check what they have derived mathematically by doing Dimensional Analysis. That means they track each dimension algebraically. Variables like velocity inherit more than one dimension and need to be decomposed. Examples of dimensions are: time, length, mass, electrical charge, magnetic permeability, electric permittivity, capacitance, voltage. So there are already more than 11 dimensions used in classical "real" and verifiable physics.