Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:37 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
PostPosted:  

"The kingdom of heaven is within ye"

This topic introduces my theory, that Jesus' work was not only to teach mankind how to live righteously, but to open our minds' to the reality of heaven. Actually to restore or actually to bring forth the pattern of paradise from within each of our hearts.

We do not do enough to teach the tenets of the central universe, unless we go so far as to internalise the reality of tripartate :mrgreen: and omnipartate O:) matter-structure of Havona and Paradise (we are situated in the dualpartate :-s type of matter-structure).

I am suggesting that some coordinate within you, near your solar plexus or heart, :-# there is hidden another core of Paradise, within which you may allow the Infinite Spirit to live and "breathe" and have its being. It is wholly owned by the Thought Adjuster, and some may say that it is only a reflection of the real Paradise which is at the center of the universe. But this granduniverse is located at the center of you.

The theory :!: of individual sentient beings constituting a universe of their own comes from many cultures and religions. But the Urantia Papers :arrow: gives an orientative map of the universe which overfolds (detruncates) within the minds of every rational person who studied it. "We need to study paradise in order to know what is at the core of ourselves." The understanding of the grand universe helps us to understand our worlds, and we naturally long to create cities and estates which are like heaven, eden, even paradise.

As we come along in our understanding of ourselves, we must confront the challenge that paradise is within each of us :biggrin: . How is that possible? Look to the revelation, that the created beings of God gave us detailed descriptions of the grand universe, especially of the cusps and borderlands between the Orvonton master universes & Havona :| , and of the gulf that exists between the regions. This information is as the nucleus membrane that hides DNA content from the workspace of the cell, and the ribcage which protects the heart. There is functional correlation :wink: because the pattern of our lifeforms necessarily were drawn from it. Now we are obligated to take it upon ourselves and carry the granduniverse, especially heaven & paradise, within our own human forms for as long as we are able. Not only are we adequate in this version of humanity, but we pray that the progeny of mankind continually is refined until they hold the maximum of wisdom and human rational function.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:

This topic introduces my theory, that Jesus' work was not only to teach mankind how to live righteously, but to open our minds' to the reality of heaven. Actually to restore or actually to bring forth the pattern of paradise from within each of our hearts.

We do not do enough to teach the tenets of the central universe, unless we go so far as to internalise the reality of tripartate :mrgreen: and omnipartate O:) matter-structure of Havona and Paradise (we are situated in the dualpartate :-s type of matter-structure).

I am suggesting that some coordinate within you, near your solar plexus or heart, :-# there is hidden another core of Paradise, within which you may allow the Infinite Spirit to live and "breathe" and have its being. It is wholly owned by the Thought Adjuster, and some may say that it is only a reflection of the real Paradise which is at the center of the universe. But this granduniverse is located at the center of you.

The theory :!: of individual sentient beings constituting a universe of their own comes from many cultures and religions. But the Urantia Papers :arrow: gives an orientative map of the universe which overfolds (detruncates) within the minds of every rational person who studied it. "We need to study paradise in order to know what is at the core of ourselves." The understanding of the grand universe helps us to understand our worlds, and we naturally long to create cities and estates which are like heaven, eden, even paradise.

As we come along in our understanding of ourselves, we must confront the challenge that paradise is within each of us :biggrin: . How is that possible? Look to the revelation, that the created beings of God gave us detailed descriptions of the grand universe, especially of the cusps and borderlands between the Orvonton master universes & Havona :| , and of the gulf that exists between the regions. This information is as the nucleus membrane that hides DNA content from the workspace of the cell, and the ribcage which protects the heart. There is functional correlation :wink: because the pattern of our lifeforms necessarily were drawn from it. Now we are obligated to take it upon ourselves and carry the granduniverse, especially heaven & paradise, within our own human forms for as long as we are able. Not only are we adequate in this version of humanity, but we pray that the progeny of mankind continually is refined until they hold the maximum of wisdom and human rational function.

"SEla_Kelly" - I agree with your statement above where it would be necessary to decode your narration in order to get to its true meaning. Where in the days of Jesus, prior to His resurrection, paradise was considered to be located at the center of this planet along with those who resided in the nether-world, where as Biblical scripture and even the UB have mentioned that heaven had been separated therefrom, at the time of His resurrection.

I found it interesting that you used words, above, in your second paragraph which would require additional defining such as "tripartate", "omnipartate", "matter-structure" and "dualpartate". Where with the exception of "matter structure" which is associated to white and gray matter structure, the other words having root of "part-ate" in that suffix "-ate" being the root of "Latin -ātus (masculine), -āta (feminine), -ātum (neuter), equivalent to -ā- thematic vowel + -tus, -ta, -tum past participle suffix." And, "part" being primarily a portion or fragmentation of a whole, where "tri-" and "dual-" are self explanatory and the "omni-" reflecting the "all".

Over the years I have attempted to show what has been embedded in the UB but there have been those who have and will here attempt to derail any type of discussion other than what can be con-screwed as a sourly religious connotation overly defined from the UB, which is a sad thing to be sure, and it will be up to our future "progeny of mankind" to resolve, if they are not overcome before they can see the light with in the context of the UB first. Where it would seem that these individuals have it in mind that if you are not with me you are against God, therefore they evangelize their own religious belief upon others without mercy and knowledge.

In retrospect to the information presented in paragraph three above it would seem that in its context the description would indicate the area of the body that houses the Thymus Gland, which would also be noted as the autoimmune system where it is noted in the UB that Adam retained much of this factor in his system and therefore was one of the focusing areas of the UB as to an issue we would be associating with today, as being something needed that Adam had in his germ-plasm.

PostPosted:  

Right. I do not know if the proper terminology is unipartate or omnipartate.
You must remember that the Thought Adjuster who had temporarily assisted the Machiventa incarnation of Melchizedek, who wore the symbol of paradise trinity upon his garment. It was he who prepared the way for Jesus to come to this world. That if a man were to allow God to bring forth the wisdom of one's indwelling Adjuister, and learn how to live righteously, then it would be gradually assumed, and expressed in earnest of an unconscious nature. One would say, that the saints would exude blessings upon their brethren in this manner perhaps.

It is enough for me to posit that. I have no former knowledge of havona.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
That if a man were to allow God to bring forth the wisdom of one's indwelling Adjuister, and learn how to live righteously, then it would be gradually assumed, and expressed in earnest of an unconscious nature. One would say, that the saints would exude blessings upon their brethren in this manner perhaps. 

A comment if I may.

There is a veiled implication that knowledge of Godliness implies such a degree of humility that we are to be unaware of the result. If you are unintentionally saying this, as it seems, please don't forget that knowledge is only possessed by sharing and sharing is, at the very least, personal experience. Therefore, as Jesus says, the inner act of knowing God, however we perceive him, must become the overt act of sharing that knowledge as experience. We must both know and be known. This very personal process and practice reveals God to ourselves, not merely as a concept of knowledge but as a real and personal experience, and that by revealing the God in us to others. In this we each discover the experience of feeling His presence. This feeling is real and in that I can place my faith, but it requires knowledge so we can define it to ourselves, and in that I have no faith for it changes daily.

PostPosted:  

I would also offer some comments and questions.

The title of the topic appears to embrace what the UB describes as the primitive tendency/habit in the modeling of heaven and the gods "in man's image'.

The first line of the first post - "The kingdom of heaven is within ye" - has many direct quotes available in the Papers which define its meaning, none of which includes SEla's "theory" posited here. The ministering Spirits of Father, Mother, and Son are "within" as is the soul "within" as are the gifts of personality and mind and our personal relationship with God and our sense of belonging to the family of God. The quote does not say nor does the UB teach that heaven is within the mortal body of any creature...only that the "kingdom" of our citizenship lies "within"....as opposed to some geographic or time location somewhere distant in space or time. The quote and teaching are clear....and provide no evidence or support of your "theory".

Paper 170 The Kingdom of Heaven is recommended to begin any study or theoretical constructs on the topic! Jesus said the kingdom is a "relationship" .....if we want to truly know. The one with God....not a place at all! Especially not the solar plexus....hahaha.....funny claim that.

I do appreciate you clearly naming your presentation as personal theory and the emojies of that expression. Thank you.

Some supporting text would be helpful....if there were any.

I cannot find any word or definition for "partate"....in any form, including uni, omni, tri, or dual.

Your suggestions and theory are not supported by the teachings we share and study here together. As this is a study group for the study of the UB, perhaps pet personal theories which contradict the UB and for which there is no supporting text offered in confirmation of such pet theories is misplaced?

The authors of the Papers appear quite capable of expressing the concepts, facts, and perspectives of universe reality clearly and redundantly. Why then the need to invent such theories and especially those which contradict the authors? There is no Paradise reflection in the human body which allows the God Fragment to live and breath and have its being....this is purely a fictional invention of your imagination....as you say it is....thanks for that.

And no one has EVER said: "...it is only a reflection of the real Paradise...." - except you just then!!

Those who wish to teach the tenets of the central universe or bring forth the pattern of paradise might wish to consider the clear and factual presentation provided for both within the 5th Epochal Revelation we are gathered here to study...and to teach. We are not here to share our favorite contradictions to the Revelation!!

Just because other (also evolutionary and primitive) cultures or religions have believed or taught something, does not make it so. Some believe in alien abduction or angelic rape and mortal procreation!!

Midichlorian has proclaimed here that there is no free will and Lucifer is innocent and the rebellion began on Urantia by the Life Carriers conspiracy to force failure on the Prince....oh yes indeed, there are some real wacko theories around which directly contradict the UB and demonstrate the mind at mischief!! And Midi who called himself Caligastia here in defense of rebellion and its leaders is not someone whose opinion should be embraced as any form of support....just fair warning.

Our physical life form is such a brief and temporary vessel for the true and potentially eternal self that we are. It is the soul that matters and offers the vehicle for eternity...and reflects our relationship to universe realities.

Thanks for the theory SEla...I hope it helps you.....and perhaps you might actually relate it to the UB some way?

Bradly 8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:19 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

https://youtu.be/ZSShauY8D3w

PostPosted:  

Yes "fanofVan" was correct in pointing us to Paper 170, where the following is noted, and would have direct association to the topic title:
Quote:
( 1862.6 ) 170:3.9 The righteousness of any act must be measured by the motive; the highest forms of good are therefore unconscious. Jesus was never concerned with morals or ethics as such. He was wholly concerned with that inward and spiritual fellowship with God the Father which so certainly and directly manifests itself as outward and loving service for man. He taught that the religion of the kingdom is a genuine personal experience which no man can contain within himself; that the consciousness of being a member of the family of believers leads inevitably to the practice of the precepts of the family conduct, the service of one’s brothers and sisters in the effort to enhance and enlarge the brotherhood.

( 1862.7 ) 170:3.10 The religion of the kingdom is personal, individual; the fruits, the results, are familial, social. Jesus never failed to exalt the sacredness of the individual as contrasted with the community. But he also recognized that man develops his character by unselfish service; that he unfolds his moral nature in loving relations with his fellows.

( 1862.8 ) 170:3.11 By teaching that the kingdom is within, by exalting the individual, Jesus struck the deathblow of the old society in that he ushered in the new dispensation of true social righteousness. This new order of society the world has little known because it has refused to practice the principles of the gospel of the kingdom of heaven. And when this kingdom of spiritual pre-eminence does come upon the earth, it will not be manifested in mere improved social and material conditions, but rather in the glories of those enhanced and enriched spiritual values which are characteristic of the approaching age of improved human relations and advancing spiritual attainments.

So being in "unselfish service" to "enhance and enlarge the brotherhood", it would seem that information and knowledge would be necessary in as "Jim G." put it "that knowledge is only possessed by sharing and sharing is, at the very least, personal experience. Therefore, as Jesus says, the inner act of knowing God, however we perceive him, must become the overt act of sharing that knowledge as experience."

Therefore the following portion of the OP presented here, struck a notation with what is noted in the UB as that which is possible, where based on what was written, enternal life is and was possible here on Urantia, even thought it was many years ago.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
[. . .]
This information is as the nucleus membrane that hides DNA content from the workspace of the cell, and the ribcage which protects the heart. There is functional correlation :wink: because the pattern of our lifeforms necessarily were drawn from it. Now we are obligated to take it upon ourselves and carry the granduniverse, especially heaven & paradise, within our own human forms for as long as we are able.

Now we know from the UB that the nucleus of a cell hold the secrets of that cell but once it is physically evaluated it looses its structural union because with its examination it has died.
There is someone who had spent a portion of his life in order to map the actual cell structure while it is alive in order to categorize the various cell and to identify them and those cells which were defective in order to alter their structure or eradicate the defective units, which were diseased.
I personally did not know the history of this subject but it was presented to me by another member of the Brotherhood who thought it pertinent to what might be found in the UB. He was correct in that what the subject did not present prior to his death was located in the text of the UB, should someone actually take the time to research the possibilities.

The subject's name was "Royal Raymond Rife" who found a way to catalogue the cells in the human body via light and audio frequency so that they could be changed or eradicated for medical purposes. Now I had taken the time to research much of the available information located on the web-site in his name "http://www.royal-rife.com/", http://www.royal-rife-machine.com/index.htm and what I found was interesting in that he did not trust even his partners with the actual information needed to bring his vision to life even though he was able to actually manipulate various cell in order to kill some forms of cancer but it required his genius to make specific modifications which no one else seems to have been able to retain from his notes and experiments. What I found was fascinating in that the UB also presents similar information yet does not present it directly where its notation of light frequency and audio frequency associations would answer question still being sought out.

This may not mean anything to some but what I also found in the UB and how it associates the information located within the book and how it associates with the functionality of the human body and its structure, and workings, would actually answer question in science specifically physics in relation to faster then light speed travel, located in the human body in the CNS, and various matter changing abilities also a function within the human body not to mention new ways of creating energy.

Just a minuscule amount of data located within the UB, although that info sometimes only points to other areas or locations outside of its pages.

It saddens me to think that there are people here and out there that would not allow the open discussion of these possibilities even if they don't pan out right now, someone might read these ideas and have one additional peace to add which allows them to come up with various solutions that would cure something or allow science to move forward.

If we actually have free will, then do we really need the UB gestapo, to restrict our free will, where who knows that this is not God's Will to be done.

PostPosted:  

I applaud all efforts which lead to a sincere study of the Papers!! May all who wish to.... proceed!

The UB is very specific that mind, soul, personality, free will, and the Spirits "within" are separate from and different from - in substance/form, and function, and potential - than is the material body, whether that body be wholly and materially temporal or a more substantive morontial form. The body is simply the vehicle for the self and is not the self. Neither is the material/mortal brain the mind.

But it is the mind that is the home of self and the host of the Spirit (Holy Spirit, Adjutants, God Fragment, and Spirit of Truth - the ministering spirits of the Father, Mother, and Son). The mind is not the soul and the soul is the potentially eternal child of mind and spirit born by the co-creation of mind and Spirit. It is the mortal/human mind that is the host and co-creative partner of the TA. The source of all mind is the Mother Spirit. The soul is that and only that which survives material death and is the surviving morontia-mind of the surviving individual self.

These facts are well presented in the UB. The Papers profusely describe mind, soul, TA...and their purpose, relationships, source, and destiny. SEla's so called theory contradicts that which is written and his personal construct clearly contradicts the UB....rather than cite it.

As far as I am concerned...anyone may claim and post anything at all that they wish or might invent or might justify as their own preconceptions and proclamations. Anything at all. But as this is a UB study group site, it is hoped that other students will post and present the actual contents and teachings of the UB when those contrast and contradict the claims of such posts which do clearly contradict the Papers we share here and study together.

This is not a personal belief study site. It is not a study site for theories and personal/social beliefs which contradict the UB.....except to study as a form of contrast and contradiction TO the UB. That is the standard. Nothing "gestapo" about it. nodamanv/Enno has declared the contents and study of the UB to be dangerous; Louis has claimed students to be idolotors and hypocrites and Lucifer misunderstood and innocent and the victim of hearsay and false testimony; Midi/Caligastia has claimed endlessly that the UB is a celestial coverup of a conspircy of the real rebellion by the Life Carriers and many other contradictions to the teachings; and others have similarly attempted to declare the UB says what it clearly does not and/or that the UB does not say what it clearly and redundantly does say.

Just because someone says something does NOT make it true or relevant....and this is also and certainly true of anything this tadpole has to say. The UB speaks eloquently and thoroughly for itself - it says what it says and it don't say what it don't - and many have come here to proclaim total contradictions to what it says and does not say. Fine. But such claims will not stand unchallenged or uncorrected BY THE TEXT ITSELF! Get used to it!

One must be careful about the claims and declarations and proclamations of those who attend UB study groups for there are those who do not seek to learn from or understand the teachings and contents of the UB so much as seek out an audience and flock for their own personal beliefs and preconceptions...which seem so often to directly defy and contradict the UB. And yes, they will get testy, even very nasty, when challenged by the actual contents or by the sincerity of students who seek knowledge and share truth with one another as presented in this TruthBook.

May the student body at TruthBook always have the conviction and courage to allow the UB to speak for itself and to uphold the integrity of the Teachings in contrast to all such assaults and manipulations of those with a personal agenda and motive to deceive or distort the UB. Let us remember the purpose of the TruthBook forum in all discussions - from the Guidelines:

"Truthbook.com was created as a showcase for the teachings of The Urantia Book with an emphasis on Part IV, The Life and Teachings of Jesus.

This discussion board, as an extension of the Truthbook.com website, has one primary goal:
To be a safe place where newcomers to The Urantia Book can ask questions and explore the teachings of The Urantia Book in a communal setting.

In a sense, this forum is a Virtual Urantia Book Study Group. Specifically, it is a place for new readers to meet long-time readers. We welcome long-time readers as a valuable resource for assisting newcomers to better understand the teachings of The Urantia Book; this discussion board is provided for the benefit of long-time readers too, keeping our primary goal in mind."

For those who might wish to know what the UB teaches us about the Thought Adjuster and the Mind, please read Papers 107-112 and review this keyword search:

https://truthbook.com/search/UBParagrap ... &start=all

110:1.1 (1203.3) Adjusters should not be thought of as living in the material brains of human beings. They are not organic parts of the physical creatures of the realms. The Thought Adjuster may more properly be envisaged as indwelling the mortal mind of man rather than as existing within the confines of a single physical organ. And indirectly and unrecognized the Adjuster is constantly communicating with the human subject, especially during those sublime experiences of the worshipful contact of mind with spirit in the superconsciousness.

110:2.1 (1204.5) When Thought Adjusters indwell human minds.....

110:2.4 (1205.2) Adjusters work in the spheres of the higher levels of the human mind, unceasingly seeking to produce morontia duplicates of every concept of the mortal intellect. There are, therefore, two realities which impinge upon, and are centered in, the human mind circuits: one, a mortal self evolved from the original plans of the Life Carriers, the other, an immortal entity from the high spheres of Divinington, an indwelling gift from God. But the mortal self is also a personal self; it has personality.

110:4.2 (1207.2) The Thought Adjuster is engaged in a constant effort so to spiritualize your mind as to evolve your morontia soul; but you yourself are mostly unconscious of this inner ministry. You are quite incapable of distinguishing the product of your own material intellect from that of the conjoint activities of your soul and the Adjuster.

111:0.1 (1215.1) THE presence of the divine Adjuster in the human mind makes it forever impossible for either science or philosophy to attain a satisfactory comprehension of the evolving soul of the human personality. The morontia soul is the child of the universe and may be really known only through cosmic insight and spiritual discovery.

111:0.3 (1215.3) Before man realized that his evolving soul was fathered by a divine spirit, it was thought to reside in different physical organs—[color=#000000]the eye, liver, kidney, heart, and later, the brain. The savage associated the soul with blood, breath, shadows and with reflections of the self in water.

111:1.1 (1216.2) Though the work of Adjusters is spiritual in nature, they must, perforce, do all their work upon an intellectual foundation. Mind is the human soil from which the spirit Monitor must evolve the morontia soul with the co-operation of the indwelt personality.

111:1.3 (1216.4) Material mind is the arena in which human personalities live, are self-conscious, make decisions, choose God or forsake him, eternalize or destroy themselves.

111:1.4 (1216.5) Material evolution has provided you a life machine, your body; the Father himself has endowed you with the purest spirit reality known in the universe, your Thought Adjuster. But into your hands, subject to your own decisions, has been given mind, and
it is by mind that you live or die. It is within this mind and with this mind that you make those moral decisions which enable you to achieve Adjusterlikeness, and that is Godlikeness.

111:2.2 (1217.6) The material mind of mortal man is the cosmic loom that carries the morontia fabrics on which the indwelling Thought Adjuster threads the spirit patterns of a universe character of enduring values and divine meanings—a surviving soul of ultimate destiny and unending career, a potential finaliter.

111:2.3 (1218.1) The human personality is identified with mind and spirit held together in functional relationship by life in a material body. This functioning relationship of such mind and spirit does not result in some combination of the qualities or attributes of mind and spirit but rather in an entirely new, original, and unique universe value of potentially eternal endurance, the soul.

111:2.4 (1218.2) There are three and not two factors in the evolutionary creation of such an immortal soul. These three antecedents of the morontia human soul are:

111:2.5 (1218.3) 1. The human mind and all cosmic influences antecedent thereto and impinging thereon.

111:2.6 (1218.4) 2. The divine spirit indwelling this human mind and all potentials inherent in such a fragment of absolute spirituality together with all associated spiritual influences and factors in human life.

111:2.7 (1218.5) 3. The relationship between material mind and divine spirit, which connotes a value and carries a meaning not found in either of the contributing factors to such an association. The reality of this unique relationship is neither material nor spiritual but morontial. It is the soul.

112:2.20 (1229.7) The material self, the ego-entity of human identity, is dependent during the physical life on the continuing function of the material life vehicle, on the continued existence of the unbalanced equilibrium of energies and intellect which, on Urantia, has been given the name life. But selfhood of survival value, selfhood that can transcend the experience of death, is only evolved by establishing a potential transfer of the seat of the identity of the evolving personality from the transient life vehicle—the material body—to the more enduring and immortal nature of the morontia soul and on beyond to those levels whereon the soul becomes infused with, and eventually attains the status of, spirit reality. This actual transfer from material association to morontia identification is effected by the sincerity, persistence, and steadfastness of the God-seeking decisions of the human creature.

112:3.3 (1230.1) 2. Intellectual (mind) death. When the vital circuits of higher adjutant ministry are disrupted through the aberrations of intellect or because of the partial destruction of the mechanism of the brain, and if these conditions pass a certain critical point of irreparability, the indwelling Adjuster is immediately released to depart for Divinington. On the universe records a mortal personality is considered to have met with death whenever the essential mind circuits of human will-action have been destroyed. And again, this is death, irrespective of the continuing function of the living mechanism of the physical body. The body minus the volitional mind is no longer human, but according to the prior choosing of the human will, the soul of such an individual may survive.

112:3.4 (1230.2) 3. Physical (body and mind) death. When death overtakes a human being, the Adjuster remains in the citadel of the mind until it ceases to function as an intelligent mechanism, about the time that the measurable brain energies cease their rhythmic vital pulsations. Following this dissolution the Adjuster takes leave of the vanishing mind, just as unceremoniously as entry was made years before, and proceeds to Divinington by way of Uversa.

112:3.5 (1230.3) After death the material body returns to the elemental world from which it was derived, but two nonmaterial factors of surviving personality persist: The pre-existent Thought Adjuster, with the memory transcription of the mortal career, proceeds to Divinington; and there also remains, in the custody of the destiny guardian, the immortal morontia soul of the deceased human. These phases and forms of soul, these once kinetic but now static formulas of identity, are essential to repersonalization on the morontia worlds; and it is the reunion of the Adjuster and the soul that reassembles the surviving personality, that reconsciousizes you at the time of the morontia awakening.

Bradly 8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:19 am +0000, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:

Posts such as the one by nod, above, do a disservice to the earnest and sincere study that this forum is meant to be about, and I respectfully request that nod refrain from this type of childishness.

With regard to the study of the topic presented here, I appreciate having a balanced perspective - especially one which actually quotes TUB rather than mere personal theories and speculation. Of course, we all speculate and have our theories and it is fun to discuss them with other TUB readers. But the final analysis really does need to stay true to TUB teachings.

For each and every individual, there is much about the cosmos and God's plan that we do not know, and that's okay!

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Agree....am hoping SEla might offer some text in support of his theory here. I too enjoy speculating - as do the authors and the UB itself - this is the natural function of mind. Indeed, the UB says the mind will invent facts and knowledge to form some facsimili of reality and philosophy perspective when actual factual knowledge is unavailable.

We are also taught that this is one of the purposes of Epochal Revelation....to factually reveal knowledge of reality to reduce confusions and eliminate such errors of human invention!!! But some people are far too in love with their own opinions - the UB calls this prejudice...and when combined with ignorance, both become great obstacles to growth and progress in the Spirit. The mind who loves its own opinions sufficiently is a stagnant pool of irrelevance and unreality...a poisoned mind.

To defy a source of knowledge while also utilizing its concepts, terms, and context in total distortion and misrepresentation is the height of human folly - and more than a little insane I think!!!

"fanofVan" - you ask for "text in support of" what seems or may be opinion, yet I ask for supporting text of that which I have highlighted in red above?
Opinion is used in the UB many times by the authors and it would seem that your statement is also your opinion but, how is it that you make a statement indicating "a poisoned mind"? Would this not be an accusation?
Then to make a statement highlighted in "blue" above, indicates that you have the expertise and learning to associate opinion as being "insane"? Can you explain yourself here, because I'm sure that you may have miss-lead your initial intent because some would consider these words as offensive?

I present the following UB narrative as to partially support my opinion, specifically the "poison" part:

Quote:
(1204.3) 110:1.5 The Adjuster remains with you in all disaster and through every sickness which does not wholly destroy the mentality. But how unkind knowingly to defile or otherwise deliberately to pollute the physical body, which must serve as the earthly tabernacle of this marvelous gift from God. All physical poisons greatly retard the efforts of the Adjuster to exalt the material mind, while the mental poisons of fear, anger, envy, jealousy, suspicion, and intolerance likewise tremendously interfere with the spiritual progress of the evolving soul.

Quote:
(1897.2) 174:0.2 This morning he greeted each of the twelve with a personal salutation. [. . .] And to Judas Iscariot he said: “Judas, I have loved you and have prayed that you would love your brethren. Be not weary in well doing; and I would warn you to beware the slippery paths of flattery and the poison darts of ridicule.”

Thank you for your response, although being off topic.

PostPosted:  

Machiventa wore the symbol of the Paradise Trinity upon his "breast" (93:2.5)

the indwelling Thought Adjuster is the "nucleus" (UB 5:6.4) of the human mind

Jim George yes I am saying that because it is like what exudes out of cellular nuclei. Life is an automatic function and it proceeds purely of the unconscious. So must be one's faith-desire unified and freed from conflicts of persuasion & doubts, for the automatic function that proceeds from Paradise to be activated & confirmed. The total consecration of the human individual means a life of seeming agony, whereby the person is actually enjoying God's total watchcare, allowing for the maximum development of the Supreme Being. Because to the Supreme Being, such a person becomes indistinguishible with the grand universe (opinion).

But you can claim, "no" each person is only a separate and finite piece of universality. I disagree only in the sense that in the center of each of ourselves, there is unity in the grand universe.

Another thing is that to the authors of the urantia papers, the words "universe" and "heaven" (i.e. "universe of universes" and "heaven of heavens") appear interchangably. So "the universe is within ye" is what I meant. When we speak of the human individual in this way, in the approach of human potentiality towards the supernal, I am just saying it is sensible to me to believe that he(she) does contain the grand universe within them, potentially. Thus a person may exude grace, being a function of the Paradise emanations that are contained within his(her) soul.

I will have to study more about Jesus with Nicodemus & the structure of the central universe much more before I support my theory.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
The total consecration of the human individual means a life of seeming agony, whereby the person is actually enjoying God's total watchcare, allowing for the maximum development of the Supreme Being. Because to the Supreme Being, such a person becomes indistinguishible with the grand universe (opinion).

Quote:
195:9.6 Primitive man lived a life of superstitious bondage to religious fear. Modern, civilized men dread the thought of falling under the dominance of strong religious convictions. Thinking man has always feared to be held by a religion. When a strong and moving religion threatens to dominate him, he invariably tries to rationalize, traditionalize, and institutionalize it, thereby hoping to gain control of it. By such procedure, even a revealed religion becomes man-made and man-dominated. Modern men and women of intelligence evade the religion of Jesus because of their fears of what it will do to them—and with them. And all such fears are well founded. The religion of Jesus does, indeed, dominate and transform its believers, demanding that men dedicate their lives to seeking for a knowledge of the will of the Father in heaven and requiring that the energies of living be consecrated to the unselfish service of the brotherhood of man.

Working out our "salvation" requires the deepest personal honesty and a willingness to relinquish our view of God to a view of ourselves as he sees us. This, not in the collective sense, as in how he sees mankind, but in the deepest personal sense, as in how he sees me. Our ideas of these things vaporize upon contact with the purity of his light. If this "agony", the loss of personal concepts and comprehension in the face of his revealing truth personally experienced is uncomfortable it can only be from the lack of consecration of our will. Partiality is our constant companion and the ease of managing that is in deep personal honesty which learns to seek our failures as our path to spiritual success.

Jim

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:

Having mentioned earlier the relation to what was stated in the OP (Opening Post) as I interpreted or associated it to the "Thymus Gland" it would also be interesting to note that within the following UB narration mentioned above, reprinted here:

Quote:
(1015.5) 93:2.5 In personal appearance, Melchizedek resembled the then blended Nodite and Sumerian peoples, being almost six feet in height and possessing a commanding presence. He spoke Chaldean and a half dozen other languages. He dressed much as did the Canaanite priests except that on his breast he wore an emblem of three concentric circles, the Satania symbol of the Paradise Trinity. In the course of his ministry this insignia of three concentric circles became regarded as so sacred by his followers that they never dared to use it, and it was soon forgotten with the passing of a few generations.

Also, the narration that follows mentions the factor of longevity of life and that "his physical mechanism would have gradually deteriorated", which seems to be what occurs because of the thymus gland, not to mention that the link between "the tree of life" may have kept the thymus in check over time?
Quote:
(1015.6) 93:2.6 Though Machiventa lived after the manner of the men of the realm, he never married, nor could he have left offspring on earth. His physical body, while resembling that of the human male, was in reality on the order of those especially constructed bodies used by the one hundred materialized members of Prince Caligastia’s staff except that it did not carry the life plasm of any human race. Nor was there available on Urantia the tree of life. Had Machiventa remained for any long period on earth, his physical mechanism would have gradually deteriorated; as it was, he terminated his bestowal mission in ninety-four years long before his material body had begun to disintegrate.

Also, seems to relate to the Thymus information presented below where specific cells are arranged "concentricly" within this organ.

Quote:
Microanatomy
The thymus consists of two lobes, merged in the middle, surrounded by a capsule that extends with blood vessels into the interior. The lobes consists of a dense outer cortex and an inner less dense medulla. The lobes are divided into smaller lobules 0.5-2mm diameter, between which extrude radiating insertions from the capsule along (septa).

The cortex is mainly made up of thymocytes, supported by a network of finely-branched epithelial reticular cells, which is continuous with a similar network in the medulla. This network forms an adventitia to the blood vessels, which enter the cortex via septa near the junction with the medulla. The cortex is the location of the earliest events in thymocyte development, where T-cell receptor gene rearrangement and positive selection takes place.

In the medulla, the network of reticular cells is coarser than in the cortex, the lymphoid cells are relatively fewer in number, and there are concentric, nest-like bodies called Hassall's corpuscles. These are concentric, layered whorls of epithelial cells that increase in number throughout life. They are the remains of the epithelial tubes, which grow out from the third pharyngeal pouches of the embryo to form the thymus. In the center of the medullary portion there are very few vessels, and they are of minute size.

The medulla is the location of the latter events in thymocyte development. Thymocytes that reach the medulla have already successfully undergone T-cell receptor gene rearrangement and positive selection, and have been exposed to a limited degree of negative selection. The medulla is specialized to allow thymocytes to undergo additional rounds of negative selection to remove auto-reactive T cells from the mature repertoire. Transcriptional regulators AIRE and FEZ2 are expressed by the thymic medullary epithelium, and drives the transcription of organ-specific genes such as insulin to allow maturing thymocytes to be exposed to a more complex set of self-antigens than is present in the cortex.

Now, there should not be any real correlation between the breast plate worn as an emblem but, its mention and the similarities found in the information related to the Thymus, seem interesting to say the least in that, in other topics located in the UB where the immunology process was of a major interest in the past would also possibly associate with what has been presented in the UB whereby the Life Carriers indicated that they have done what they could in their intervention on Urantia, being an experimental planet, where now it was up to us to remedy because they had done all they could.
So, based on the deterioration of the Thymus over time, is causing issues, and if somehow resolved or corrected, even the longevity of human life could be increased and improved.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:

Jim George yes I am saying that because it is like what exudes out of cellular nuclei. Life is an automatic function and it proceeds purely of the unconscious. So must be one's faith-desire unified and freed from conflicts of persuasion & doubts, for the automatic function that proceeds from Paradise to be activated & confirmed. The total consecration of the human individual means a life of seeming agony, whereby the person is actually enjoying God's total watchcare, allowing for the maximum development of the Supreme Being. Because to the Supreme Being, such a person becomes indistinguishible with the grand universe (opinion).

But you can claim, "no" each person is only a separate and finite piece of universality. I disagree only in the sense that in the center of each of ourselves, there is unity in the grand universe.

Another thing is that to the authors of the urantia papers, the words "universe" and "heaven" (i.e. "universe of universes" and "heaven of heavens") appear interchangably. So "the universe is within ye" is what I meant. When we speak of the human individual in this way, in the approach of human potentiality towards the supernal, I am just saying it is sensible to me to believe that he(she) does contain the grand universe within them, potentially. Thus a person may exude grace, being a function of the Paradise emanations that are contained within his(her) soul.

I will have to study more about Jesus with Nicodemus & the structure of the central universe much more before I support my theory.

More ramblings in contradiction to the UB. Who does not receive God's watchcare!? Life is not "unconscious" nor is it "agony" and both declarations are presumptuous misrepresentations of the religious life and Jesusonian Way....please speak for yourself. The phrase the kingdom of heaven within has been explained...by text...it does NOT mean what you claim!! The UB is not a metaphor for you OR caligastia/midi/ewald to distort into an expression of your misinterpretations and misrepresentations. The grand universe does not, literally or figuratively or potentially, reside in the mortal body....or any other material or morontial bodies. Balderdash and horse feathers! Each and every free will being is a unique experience and expression of that experience and each contributes their own individualism to the total....as goes the parts so goes the whole.

PostPosted:  

Jim: Well I say "seeming agony". We also have this term "Agondonter" which in the Urantia Papers "one who comes from a rebellion-torn planet who has reached ascender-status and will become Finaliter". Or as I see it, "one who dons the agony of the grand universe".

fanofVan: I realise that with Larry Watkins no longer present in these disucssions it may be incumbent on others to point out when a person uses the Urantia Book to support personal theories, rather than the person's attempt to conform to the Urantia Book's actual teachings. I understand how you have been upset by the nature of my post.

I think I must have alarmed you before you were able to eschew full consideration. Do you not recall that the Grand Universe will eventually be settled in Light & Life? But for planets and even human individuals, it is possible to become fully settled in Life & Light? How is that possible, for men & women to be so fully confirmed so as to reach finality status during their(each) first lifetimes? In my opinion, the Thought Adjuster receives permission to create a new colony containing Paradise the core of existence, in the "breast" or center of their being. Obviously this theory comes only partly from the urantia papers. I may have imbellished the teachings but I do wish to honour them and correct my views according to the actuality of the intentions of the Authors.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next