It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 5:56 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Can they coexist as truth?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Possibly 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
PostPosted:  

When I first discovered the Urantia book, it was like no other book I have ever read before. It was the first book to ever speak truth to me... until I discovered a Course in Miracles. My question is can they coexist as in terms of truth? My first thought is no because they can be quite contradictory.

The will creatures of universe upon universe have embarked upon the long, long Paradise journey, the fascinating struggle of the eternal adventure of attaining God the Father.

The Urantia Book, (1:0.3)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Greetings Oceans333...and welcome back!!

Glad to hear your personal religious studies continue!

It is my opinion that truth is always compatible with truth no matter its origins, and that truth can be found in many places. There is an old saying that when the student is ready the teacher appears! And so I believe. The angels and the God Fragment within lead us forward into a personal journey of truth discovery and spiritualization. But it is up to us to see and hear and discern and test and apply and learn and adapt and grow and transform by that experience. We choose.

The UB has been with me as guide book and map and lamp on this adventure for over 40 years now. I read many other books on the spirit life and journey before and since, including CIM. Personally, I've not found any others nearly so articulate, comprehensive, informative, helpful, or otherwise engaging...nor have I found another which makes such extraordinary claims for itself....and yet makes no demands of belief, obligation, profession, creed, decision, choice, or act upon its students and adherents.

Indeed, the UB teaches that every mind is fully encircuited and endowed by the spirit ministries of God the Father, Mother, and Son and all 3 are completely dedicated to each mind and being to give assurances of love and belonging and survival!!! The UB teaches that this brief life is but the beginning of an endless adventure in which we may confidently and joyfully enjoy the love, kindness, patience, mercy, and guidance of our creators and ministers and fellow beings in friendly universe without fear or anxiety or worry. I really like that!! This was also the Gospel OF Jesus and the good news he proclaimed...the paternity of God and the family of all his children!!

It is a book of facts and knowledge related to the realities of the universe of universes and our place in that reality...a map for the pilgrim's journey which helps identify the terrain of the innner life and of creation itself and a description of all the beings therein and their relationships one to another and God's nature, purpose, plan, powers, and our origin and destiny. What we do with this information is left to our own sense of curiosity and yearning, the hunger and thirst of mind and soul within, that need to find and know God and embrace our natural spirit nature. The UB describes this reality and adventure in great detail.

Is the UB's view and description of universe reality and our own being and destiny compatible with CIM? I did not find it so, no. I think the author was embracing their own religious experience and I think they were inspired by the truths discovered in that personal revelatory and inspirational experience. But, as usual, I don't think the mortal mind who had such an experience did a very good or clear translation of their personal experience to a transferrable experience for others. Which is not to judge or criticize THAT personal experience of THAT person.

I suggest a thorough study of Papers 100-112 to learn more about the inner life and Relgion In Human Experience and The Real Nature of Religion and The Foundations of Relgious Faith and The Reality Of Relgious Experience...etc. Material reality is half of our dual nature and is nothing to escape as we learn to embrace our other nature, the Spirit nature. Our life here is about learning to harmonize these realities and to balance one with the other as we transfer the seat of our identity from the material to the Spiritual. To "see" the material world with spiritual eyes. We are bodies with spirit AND spirit with bodies but it is only the spiritized mind - the soul - which will survive this brief life.

How do we grow soul? How are we spiritized and spiritualized? What is the relgious experience? How is the same and how is it different for every person? What faith? What is assurance? How does God speak to us and lead us home? What are truth, beauty, goodness, love, service? Why are those important? How do they illuminate and express God within?

I would suggest that whatever might lead you forward into the discovery of Spirit and Truth, the quest for your basic spiritual nature and destiny, is a good thing. And that you will find truth when you look for it and that truth is all around to be found by everyone who seeks it. The UB is hardly the only source. I have found it to be the best of all sources for me outside or other than the ministries within we have each and all been blessed with...especially as it helps me understand and utilize those ministries of Spirit within!

The UB teaches that the Holy Spirit and the Adjutants deliver us the evolutionary religious experience of faith and faith assurance, sufficient to give birth to soul and begin the quest for eternity and God within; and that the God Fragment, Thought Adjuster, arrives to give us each personal revelation and truth assurance thereby; and that, occasionally, our creators and rulers and guides give a world epochal or planetary revelation to reduce confusion and eliminate the errors which inherently arise from both evolutionary group and personal religion (faith assurance ministry) and personal revelatory religion (truth assurance ministry).

This means there is personal revelation and planetary/epochal revelation...there is no such thing as revelation to a person for other persons! Personal is ONLY for the person of its reception! And planetary/epochal NEVER comes by or from a person for or to other persons!! CIM is derived by one persons personal revelatory and religious experience which inspired that person to share that experience as best as they humanly could...and, I think, with good intentions perhaps....although money is made by its distributions to others too and by the telling to others as to what they should believe and do. That is problematic for me.

A CIM has been discussed here over the years by others. You may wish to research the opinions of others already posted....if the opinions of others matters to you. Here's the link but unfortunately I don't know how to isolate the search to only CIM so it includes "miracles" as well. Best wishes!

search.php?keywords=%22Course+in+miracles%22&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

And happy to discuss any Papers, topics, issues, or questions you may wish to here at TruthBook. A reminder: as this is a UB study group site, the guidelines here request that such inquiries as yours here tie questions to the UB somehow.

Bradly aka fanofVan 8)

So how do you think CIM and the UB compare in similarities and differences?

PostPosted:  

My question to the members of this forum is this.

How is it possible to promote the Urantia Book in todays culture without including those religious factions who would gladly accept the UB as a revelation?

We have no right to complain about the slow growth/acceptance of the Urantia Book when we have made no effort to include members of the following open minded readership: A Course In Miracles, Conversations With God, Unity Church, Baha'i Faith and any other group of so called new age belivers, those who read Ruiz, Hay, Williamson, Chopra, Tolle, etc.. All together these groups number in the tens of millions and we don't reach out to them??????

It's no surprise to me why the Urantia Book hasn't "taken off" the book itself states that the entire planet suffers from Negativity. As a planet and even as a group we are non-inclusive and some of our posts show that we don't even include our own.

Sincerely,
Paul

PostPosted:  

xobeht wrote:
My question to the members of this forum is this.

How is it possible to promote the Urantia Book in todays culture without including those religious factions who would gladly accept the UB as a revelation?

We have no right to complain about the slow growth/acceptance of the Urantia Book when we have made no effort to include members of the following open minded readership: A Course In Miracles, Conversations With God, Unity Church, Baha'i Faith and any other group of so called new age belivers, those who read Ruiz, Hay, Williamson, Chopra, Tolle, etc.. All together these groups number in the tens of millions and we don't reach out to them??????

It's no surprise to me why the Urantia Book hasn't "taken off" the book itself states that the entire planet suffers from Negativity. As a planet and even as a group we are non-inclusive and some of our posts show that we don't even include our own.

Sincerely,
Paul

Interesting perspective Paul. My opinion is the UB has certainly "taken off"! By many measures. I haven't found the readership and movement particularly exclusive or exclusionary...most readers found the UB after and during our experiences with many other truth seeking environs. The hottest book fairs around the world with the highest UB book sales are international new age fairs and the Foundation, Fellowship, and International Association have cooperatively attended the last 3 or 4 Parliaments of World Religions with great success and participation.

What evidence do you offer that the movement has not and does not include or reach out or make welcome those truth seekers from any and all other forms of religiosity? After all, the UB clearly teaches us to mix and mingle and meet with other religionists of different philosophies and beliefs to expand our own experience with the Spirit.

How are you "reaching out"? How do you suggest others reach out?

The fact is there are many years of inquiries here at this site from a multitude of religionists to consider. You think them mistreated or misinformed? Examples?

I wonder if one fights negativity with negativity? I have my doubts.....perhaps supporting something specific might bear more fruit than being against something? Especially something which may not even exist? Just sayin'.....

While I disagree with your personal opinions posted here, I mostly disagree with you posting opinions as though they were facts!! "...we have made no effort..."...who is "we"?! Do you mean YOU have made no effort to reach out? Or someone you know has made no effort? Or truly that no one ever anywhere has ever made such efforts? Hyperbolic indeed.

Who says the UB hasn't "taken off"? You? Or is this a universal conclusion and (unsubstantiated claim/opinion) "fact" too? I recall how popular free fish and bread were and how few remained when the work began. Being a UB student is work, real work...not for the new age butterflies who dabble here and there but cannot get or stay focused. The world is filled with those seeking the guru's touch and blessing of the finger to the forehead of instant enlightenment (as I once did myself).

Is an epochal revelation a popularity or pop culture gift? Don't think so. Those who represented Big Mac and JC were truly dedicated servants of truth whose commitment took decades and centuries of time to truly bring fruition to the seed planting labor of love they so willingly gave to others. Impatience is a sign of immaturity and limited time unit perspective. The UB is an epochal revelation, not a candidate for the weekly best seller list. I wonder if we can trust those who wrote and gifted this revelation to manage its growth and effect to our world over time? Do we think they have, will, or can fail? Hahahaha....!

Some whine and lament as to how slow growth is or how few do so little. Poppycock! Many have done much with great effect. And what, one must wonder, have the whiners done to help? Besides whine that is......

Our planet is non-inclusive? You mean primitive? And what does "as a group" mean? Which group? I must sincerely claim I am not a member of or know of any such group nor are most of the UB students, servants, and servant leaders I know or have ever met. Indeed, my experience over 4 decades is exactly the opposite...UB readers are some of the most inclusive and friendly and easy going people on the planet!! Every single decade of the past 6 decades has seen incredible successes that built one upon the other to deliver the Revelation in 15 languages and free digital downloads and videos and study guides and study groups around the world today. What are you looking at?

I think you're reflecting and transferring rather than observing or measuring reality!

But hey...that's just my opinion....to be clear! :wink: :smile: :biggrin: :roll:

Bradly 8)

PostPosted:  

Bradly,

What I posted was my opinion, nothing more.
I am opinionated.

I am an imperfect fallible human being stating an opinion and I don't have any facts to back up my imperfect opinion. These are just my observations based on how I view the world around me, on what little I know about the religious world we live in.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

But, for what's it's worth, I am basically saying that I truly believe that A Course In Miracles and the Urantia Book can and should coexist. And, that's it in a nutshell.

Paul

PostPosted:  

xobeht wrote:
Bradly,

What I posted was my opinion, nothing more.
I am opinionated.

I am an imperfect fallible human being stating an opinion and I don't have any facts to back up my imperfect opinion. These are just my observations based on how I view the world around me, on what little I know about the religious world we live in.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

But, for what's it's worth, I am basically saying that I truly believe that A Course In Miracles and the Urantia Book can and should coexist. And, that's it in a nutshell.

Paul

There you go...an opinion that's actually topical and relevant to the question posted...and not stated as a declarative fact! Oceans333 gave the opinion that ACIM and the UB are "quite contradictory" and asked if they can coexist as sources of truth. You offered opinions of criticism to the UB readership and movement and expressed your disappointment in others...hardly relevant in my own 'opinion'....bad form!! And irrelevant and misguided...as well as factually misinformed.

I offered that all truth is compatible regardless of source but I had found the two perspectives of reality not very compatible (and I would add somewhat contradictory). However, there are certainly elements of both teachings that support the transfer of the seat of our identity which does result in a paradigm shift of the world around us and the universe of creation and our place within it...so not everything is directly contradictory or in conflict....the teachings on anger and forgiveness and trust and how those changes our perspective of the world...truly changes the world itself in its transformation of the believer; and the role of the Holy Spirit to comfort, assure, and lead the mind to a sublime confidence in our safety and survival.

In comparison, I found the UB far more complete and integrated and helpful in understanding the cosmos and my place in it and in forming a practical philosophy of living....and I would not recommend ACIM to a truthseeker and Paradise Pilgrim rather than or in conjunction with the reading and study of The Urantia Papers. I had the same conclusion long ago by comparative analysis before I came to believe the authority and authorship of the UB. Which is a significant consideration and explains the clarity and power and integrated presentation of reality in the UB which is far greater and offers far more clarity and illumination and factual knowledge for the religionist in one's personal religious experience and pursuit of truth in this life.

The UB claims to be Epochal Revelation delivered by celestials with a very real knowledge of reality. ACIM's human author claims it to be a personal revelation, an inspired work that is shared with others. As usual, and explained in the UB, the mortal mind does not and did not in this case, truly express the personal revelation experienced in the mortal mind without significant humanization and the inherent lack of experiential wisdom and context to accurately reformulate for others that which may have been revealed....regardless of its source (but which the UB teaches was not by or from JC after all - just one example of conflict and contradiction in the two!).

I think ACIM is sourced by inspiration within the human mind...nice...with some truth within...but certainly not a direct or clear expression of reality. Why study such a limited distortion of reality if one can study the UB I wonder? Because the ACIM student has not yet discovered the UB? I think so, yes. But all truth that leads the pilgrim forward into more truth is a worthy bread crumb upon the pilgrim's trail to eternity.

So, how do you think them compatible...and in conflict? I think comparative analysis of the two is a good topic for consideration...but it requires more than opinions. Please be specific in comparing and contrasting the teachings of the two sources. Thank you.

Bradly 8)

PostPosted:  

Okay, a more fuller explaination since you asked.

firstly:

After reading your response to my first post Bradly I did feel like the ol saying "you need to get out more often." My problem being, my only real Urantia book experience with the public is on line, here and elsewhere, youtube etc. This dilemma will only change when I retire and have some time for UB functions and get togethers.

You are right that I am critical however, I am echoing a sentiment that many posters on this forum are concerned about and have been concerned about since I've been here... the "when is the UB ever going to take off" concern. My complaint is simply a difference of opinion based on a higher standard I hold for determining or defining the term "take off."

As an armchair warrior what I see is a planet not really ready for the UB at all--another issue many posters here have with trying to share the UB with family members etc. without any success and sometimes with concern for our salvation (my brother and his wife come to mind).

The only reason I'm critical of the UB community is due to the blaintant belief bashing posted here sometimes and elsewhere too at times. Some were directed at my past "A Course In Miracles" posts on this forum (that I don't take personal btw) and others members that have been pushed away (Course In Miracles follwers/UB readers) that wanted to fellowship here. I have wittnessed that more than once and it wasn't pretty.

secondly:

In addition, as I have also posted here before, A Course In Miracles led me to the Urantia Book and I mean Directly and I wasn't looking for it, The Urantia Book found me !

Also, I have real experience with A Course In Miracles, over 4 years of it. I didn't just read the text I did the lessons for over a year.
The only time in my life where I heard that voice within (call it TA, call it Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth) was during my time doing the lessons of A Course In Miracles.... the closest I've ever come to GOD.
So, if you want facts, those are my facts.

Jesus says in the Urantia Book that we should not endeavor to take something out of the minds of belivers rather, put something new in. So, if I'm critical it's that habit that I've seen here and elsewhere where we attempt to replace an individuals spiritual path with what we think is the Urantia Book spiritual path, unknowingly condescending them in the process. I just don't agree that is a positive approach.

thirdly:

If you go on youtube and check out BigThink 2.2million subscribers btw.., and watch Robert Wright or Sam Harris; the closest thing you get to any sort of spiriuality from these two atheist is the meditative qualities of buddhism. Some atheists like Penn Jillette might admit to a First Cause but, this is where we are at today. The late Christopher Hitchens got it right when he stated that the most deplorable aspect of Christian doctrine is that of the Atonement. Jesus being sacrificed by God so that we might be absolved of our original sin.

How many youtube subscribers or for that matter, how many views does a Urantia Book Video post get compared to the Organized Christian or Atheist channels? The lost book of King Og of Bashan (which I've never heard of) has 91k views and the best UB video has still less. We have a ways to go I believe. When we start to get into the hunderds of thousands of views, we're getting warmer.

I believe that before the Urantia Book can be said to be taking off, these atheists I refer to will be open to it because they have evolved their spirituality far beyond what it is today. Also, the atonement doctrine will be heavily questioned within the organized religious community.
But, before all that happenes, all of the unity I spoke about in my original post here on this thread will be a reality, so I believe.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I don't expect you to agree with it because it's my opinion based on my life.

Hope that helps clarify some things.

I respect your disagreement Bradly and I rather like what I learn from it too. I certainly don't mind if you or anyone here or elsewhere is highly critical of me. I just don't care that much about my ego getting hurt, I'm here to share and learn. I hope readers here don't take the style in which I opinionate as any sort of statement of fact. I'm just a UB reader that wants to help by sharing my stuff.

Sincerely,
Paul

PostPosted:  

Thanks Paul for such a patient and responsive reply. You have now written much for us to agree upon! I still hope for and anticipate more specifics about ACIM from such a devoted student of both it and the UB as to a more comparative analysis of the two. My time in ACIM was far too long ago and too brief to give it a fair summation or critique either one. I have offered my take on the important differences to me...source, perspective, and details. But truth is truth...no matter where found. And that and them which delivers or encourages religious growth and spiritualization, especially by faith and experiential wisdom, is something to support and provide opportunity for those in oneself or others.

Sincerity and agenda are not so very difficult to discern for the thinking and rational mind...and I think those should be the primary measure for one's personal response to all who purport to teach or preach or lead or serve. And certainly does self forgetting loving service exist in so many people and places in our world today for our personal inspiration and admiration and recognition...no matter our own religiosity and beliefs. Faith is faith. Assurance is assurance. There are those who promote anger and hate in the name of their gods and those who promote love, kindness, forgiveness, understanding, peace, patience, and tolerance. Which and who is to be embraced? It is not so difficult a choice to make.

I would recommend you refrain from "echoing" or parroting that for which you lack personal experience and knowledge. The echo of ignorance and impatience does not well represent truth or the parrot...but simply repeats and perpetuates the ignorance and impatience of others...unfortunate. Has the fruit tree "taken off" which has not only sprouted and branched but budded and flowered and born fruit? Indeed. Does its current size and yield limit its future yield and size? No. But one must await each season and the many cycles of seasons for the full maturity of the tree to be determined and appreciated. And does not that young tree deliver the seed every season for other trees to also sprout, branch, bud, flower, and deliver fruit. Yes indeed.

Mortals have such a brief life here on the worlds of our origination and yet we demand so much so quickly. This is not the WAY of the universe. Such impatience is immature and interferes with our vision, perspective, philosophy, and growth, or so the UB teaches. We do not see the orchard/forest for the trees nor the trees for the orchard/forest. We see what we wish to see and are blinded to the rest...or we can only see what others tell us to see....even worse! The growth of the Urantia movement is no secret nor difficult to research and measure. One who claims/admits to no personal knowledge or research of the issue might be more cautious in their criticisms and claims...just sayin'.

Ignorance of reality and impatience are not merely a difference of opinion or a different standard of measure. You insult the efforts of thousands of faithful servants of dissemination and students and believers of the UB by spreading such falsehoods and making irrelevant and inaccurate comparisons with new age pop psyche bubbles and an epochal revelation. Time will measure the success of the authors and the grantors of this gift for those who believe the words and teachings so gifted to our world. The seeds of truth are sown in the seasons of time to influence the mortal epochs of progressive transformation. They are not delivered by sign, wonder, miracle, or for the instant gratification of any generation....not even our own! I have great confidence in the celestials and rulers of our world...but many do not....shall their anxieties and disappointments be "echoed"?? Not by me.

There is no such thing as an "armchair warrior" either. Sorry but no way. Truth warrioring is not a spectator sport. I imagine you have misstated your own position in the matter. Engagement here and other forums is not passive. Teaching others and sharing one's light within is not passive either. Neither is raising children or serving one's community. Neither the UB or ACIM or any form of truth teaches or can be experienced by passivity...or mere reading or believing. Religion and faith are active and require expressions and experience and decisions which result in changes and transformations...or they lack any meaning, value, or truth. My hunch is your religious life is not spent in an armchair at all but are also a truth warrior in your way!

But your claim that the UB movement has failed to take off insults many thousands of truth warriors who have served many years developing infrastructure, programs, relationships, classes, forums, networks, events, and communities of readers, students, and believers for 60 years now. And the insult is not even factual or representative of anything more than ignorance and impatience. What have you or those you echo done to support this movement you find so disappointing? I find it ironic and problematic that such ones might criticize that which they have done nothing to support and build and disseminate themselves. I wonder how they justify 'sharing' disappointment with others? Do they hope to inspire and encourage? I also wonder how I would feel to know on the Mansion worlds that this epochal revelation found me, I studied it sufficiently to be inspired in my religious experience sufficiently to come to believe its claims of authorship and authority...but did nothing with such a gift and talent but hide it in hole in the ground or under a basket. Hmmmmmm....Oh...or if instead of that I criticized those who did serve its dissemination and complained about their progress in such loving service to a world. Hmmmmm....

Please just stop...it's embarrasing!

Now....I really do agree about believer bashing!! Shameful. Especially for those who read and study the UB. Please kick my butt whenever I am guilty. Now I am quite forceful and demanding of those who misstate, misquote, misrepresent, twist, torment, or otherwise make false claims about the UB or its contents. But TruthBook was created for new readers to interact with more seasoned students to make inquiries and to explore the teachings...not to be critized and told what to believe or how to act!! That is the standard of care and response we are given by the creators, hosts, and monitors here. I support that standard.

Here are some quotes to verify our instruction from the UB and in support of your perspective here Paul:

92:7.3 (1012.4) The many religions of Urantia are all good to the extent that they bring man to God and bring the realization of the Father to man. It is a fallacy for any group of religionists to conceive of their creed as The Truth; such attitudes bespeak more of theological arrogance than of certainty of faith. There is not a Urantia religion that could not profitably study and assimilate the best of the truths contained in every other faith, for all contain truth. Religionists would do better to borrow the best in their neighbors’ living spiritual faith rather than to denounce the worst in their lingering superstitions and outworn rituals.

92:7.4 (1012.5) All these religions have arisen as a result of man’s variable intellectual response to his identical spiritual leading. They can never hope to attain a uniformity of creeds, dogmas, and rituals — these are intellectual; but they can, and some day will, realize a unity in true worship of the Father of all, for this is spiritual, and it is forever true, in the spirit all men are equal.

155:6.12 (1732.5) You must cease to seek for the word of God only on the pages of the olden records of theologic authority. Those who are born of the spirit of God shall henceforth discern the word of God regardless of whence it appears to take origin. Divine truth must not be discounted because the channel of its bestowal is apparently human. Many of your brethren have minds which accept the theory of God while they spiritually fail to realize the presence of God. And that is just the reason why I have so often taught you that the kingdom of heaven can best be realized by acquiring the spiritual attitude of a sincere child. It is not the mental immaturity of the child that I commend to you but rather the spiritual simplicity of such an easy-believing and fully-trusting little one. It is not so important that you should know about the fact of God as that you should increasingly grow in the ability to feel the presence of God.

155:6.13 (1733.1) When you once begin to find God in your soul, presently you will begin to discover him in other men’s souls and eventually in all the creatures and creations of a mighty universe. But what chance does the Father have to appear as a God of supreme loyalties and divine ideals in the souls of men who give little or no time to the thoughtful contemplation of such eternal realities? While the mind is not the seat of the spiritual nature, it is indeed the gateway thereto.

159:2.1 (1764.3) Jesus went over to Gamala to visit John and those who worked with him at that place. That evening, after the session of questions and answers, John said to Jesus: “Master, yesterday I went over to Ashtaroth to see a man who was teaching in your name and even claiming to be able to cast out devils. Now this fellow had never been with us, neither does he follow after us; therefore I forbade him to do such things.” Then said Jesus: “Forbid him not. Do you not perceive that this gospel of the kingdom shall presently be proclaimed in all the world? How can you expect that all who will believe the gospel shall be subject to your direction? Rejoice that already our teaching has begun to manifest itself beyond the bounds of our personal influence. Do you not see, John, that those who profess to do great works in my name must eventually support our cause? They certainly will not be quick to speak evil of me. My son, in matters of this sort it would be better for you to reckon that he who is not against us is for us. In the generations to come many who are not wholly worthy will do many strange things in my name, but I will not forbid them. I tell you that, even when a cup of cold water is given to a thirsty soul, the Father’s messengers shall ever make record of such a service of love.”

Religion in Human Experience

100:0.1 (1094.1) THE experience of dynamic religious living transforms the mediocre individual into a personality of idealistic power. Religion ministers to the progress of all through fostering the progress of each individual, and the progress of each is augmented through the achievement of all.

100:0.2 (1094.2) Spiritual growth is mutually stimulated by intimate association with other religionists. Love supplies the soil for religious growth — an objective lure in the place of subjective gratification — yet it yields the supreme subjective satisfaction. And religion ennobles the commonplace drudgery of daily living.

1. Philosophy of Religion

103:1.1 (1129.8) The unity of religious experience among a social or racial group derives from the identical nature of the God fragment indwelling the individual. It is this divine in man that gives origin to his unselfish interest in the welfare of other men. But since personality is unique — no two mortals being alike — it inevitably follows that no two human beings can similarly interpret the leadings and urges of the spirit of divinity which lives within their minds. A group of mortals can experience spiritual unity, but they can never attain philosophic uniformity. And this diversity of the interpretation of religious thought and experience is shown by the fact that twentieth-century theologians and philosophers have formulated upward of five hundred different definitions of religion. In reality, every human being defines religion in the terms of his own experiential interpretation of the divine impulses emanating from the God spirit that indwells him, and therefore must such an interpretation be unique and wholly different from the religious philosophy of all other human beings.

103:1.2 (1130.1) When one mortal is in full agreement with the religious philosophy of a fellow mortal, that phenomenon indicates that these two beings have had a similar religious experience touching the matters concerned in their similarity of philosophic religious interpretation.

103:1.3 (1130.2) While your religion is a matter of personal experience, it is most important that you should be exposed to the knowledge of a vast number of other religious experiences (the diverse interpretations of other and diverse mortals) to the end that you may prevent your religious life from becoming egocentric — circumscribed, selfish, and unsocial.

Oceans333 opened this discussion with this question above: "My question is can they coexist as in terms of truth?"

And I responded: "It is my opinion that truth is always compatible with truth no matter its origins, and that truth can be found in many places."

I appreciate Paul's contributions to our study of what the UB teaches us on the matter. And I do look forward to further consideration of those teachings of both the UB and ACIM and any other sources which are compatible and confirming or even in contrast but lead to further study and consideration. For by such study might we all benefit mutually by consideration of and discovery of truth, which will be confirmed by the Spirit when true and will change our lives when lived sincerely. While this is a UB study group, whatever leads to the study of the UB, including comparative analysis with other sources, has the potential of discovery, learning, growing, and gaining insight and assurance!! That's all good!

Bradly 8)