Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:29 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Unqualified
PostPosted:  

Could someone explain the "Unqualified Absolute"?

16:4.12 4. The behavior of emergent energy when fully liberated from the grasp of the Unqualified Absolute, thus becoming responsive to the direct influence of linear gravity and to the manipulations of the Universe Power Directors and their associates.

42:2.7 2. Primordial force. This represents the first basic change in space potency and may be one of the nether Paradise functions of the Unqualified Absolute. We know that the space presence going out from nether Paradise is modified in some manner from that which is incoming. But regardless of any such possible relationships, the openly recognized transmutation of space potency into primordial force is the primary differentiating function of the tension-presence of the living Paradise force organizers.
42:2.8 Passive and potential force becomes active and primordial in response to the resistance afforded by the space presence of the Primary Eventuated Master Force Organizers. Force is now emerging from the exclusive domain of the Unqualified Absolute into the realms of multiple response - response to certain primal motions initiated by the God of Action and thereupon to certain compensating motions emanating from the Universal Absolute. Primordial force is seemingly reactive to transcendental causation in proportion to absoluteness.

Since this Unqualified Absolute seems to be connected to force and primal structures in the universe which are not bound to gravity, what kind of eventuation proceeds into the universe from the Unqualified Absolute?

56:7.7 As the frontiers of experiential Deity are extended out into the domains of the Unqualified Absolute, we envision the activity of God the Sevenfold during the earlier evolutionary epochs of these creations of the future. We are not all in agreement respecting the future status of the Ancients of Days and the superuniverse Master Spirits.

What are the facets of human life that approach the Unqualified Absolute? What is our role in assisting Deity's extention into the realm of the Unqualified Absolute?

56:9.3 Is the Unqualified Absolute a force presence independent of the Trinity?

65:6.8 Aside from the presence of the Unqualified Absolute, electrical and chemical reactions are predictable.
What is the influence that the Unqualified Absolute has on human life and experimentation?

104:3.13 The Father is energy revealed in Paradise-Havona and at the same time energy concealed in the unqualified Absolute.
How do we compare the emanations of Paradise-Havona to the emanations fromwith the Unqualified Absolute?

104:4.27 The fourth triunity absolutely controls the fundamental units of cosmic energy and releases them from the grasp of the Unqualified Absolute in direct proportion to the appearance in the experiential Deities of subabsolute capacity to control and stabilize the metamorphosing cosmos.
Cosmic Metamorphosis <-- experiencial Deity <-- Unqualified Absolute
104:4.28 the otherwise static quiescence of the Unqualified

105:2.8 4. The Infinite Upholder. I AM self-associative. This is the primordial association of the statics and potentials of reality. In this relationship, all qualifieds and unqualifieds are compensated. This phase of the I AM is best understood as the Universal Absolute - the unifier of the Deity and the unqualified Absolutes.

105:3.4 The eternal Isle is absolutely at rest; all other organized and organizing energy is in eternal motion; in all space, only the presence of the Unqualified Absolute is quiescent, and the Unqualified is co-ordinate with Paradise. Paradise exists at the focus of space, the Unqualified pervades it, and all relative existence has its being within this domain.

What does it mean to have "escaped the grasp of the Unqualified"?
How do we classify matter & energy which are not bound to the Unqualified Absolute, versus pre-classified matter & energy that exudes from the Isle of Paradise or the Unqualified Absolute?
Scientifically, how do we observe and categorize universe phenomena that are unqualified in the manner of the Urantia Papers' description?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Unqualified
PostPosted:  

Quote:
0:11.7 2. The Unqualified Absolute is nonpersonal, extradivine, and undeified. The Unqualified Absolute is therefore devoid of personality, divinity, and all creator prerogatives. Neither fact nor truth, experience nor revelation, philosophy nor absonity are able to penetrate the nature and character of this Absolute without universe qualification.

0:11.8 Let it be made clear that the Unqualified Absolute is a positive reality pervading the grand universe and, apparently, extending with equal space presence on out into the force activities and prematerial evolutions of the staggering stretches of the space regions beyond the seven superuniverses. The Unqualified Absolute is not a mere negativism of philosophic concept predicated on the assumptions of metaphysical sophistries concerning the universality, dominance, and primacy of the unconditioned and the unqualified. The Unqualified Absolute is a positive universe overcontrol in infinity; this overcontrol is space-force unlimited but is definitely conditioned by the presence of life, mind, spirit, and personality, and is further conditioned by the will-reactions and purposeful mandates of the Paradise Trinity.

0:11.9 We are convinced that the Unqualified Absolute is not an undifferentiated and all-pervading influence comparable either to the pantheistic concepts of metaphysics or to the sometime ether hypothesis of science. The Unqualified Absolute is force unlimited and Deity conditioned, but we do not fully perceive the relation of this Absolute to the spirit realities of the universes.

This definition from the Forward offers us a glimpse into the extreme difficulty explaining this by one who can present his credentials in Paper 1 as follows:

Quote:
1:7.9 [Presented by a Divine Counselor, a member of a group of celestial personalities assigned by the Ancients of Days on Uversa, the headquarters of the seventh superuniverse, to supervise those portions of this forthcoming revelation which have to do with affairs beyond the borders of the local universe of Nebadon. I am commissioned to sponsor those papers portraying the nature and attributes of God because I represent the highest source of information available for such a purpose on any inhabited world. I have served as a Divine Counselor in all seven of the superuniverses and have long resided at the Paradise center of all things. Many times have I enjoyed the supreme pleasure of a sojourn in the immediate personal presence of the Universal Father. I portray the reality and truth of the Father’s nature and attributes with unchallengeable authority; I know whereof I speak.]

And yet he says unequivocally, "The Unqualified Absolute is nonpersonal, extradivine, and undeified. The Unqualified Absolute is therefore devoid of personality, divinity, and all creator prerogatives. Neither fact nor truth, experience nor revelation, philosophy nor absonity are able to penetrate the nature and character of this Absolute without universe qualification. And he follows with, "but we do not fully perceive the relation of this Absolute to the spirit realities of the universes."

With that as a background, let me offer this. Think of the word qualified a means of explaining and identifying something by its constituent parts and patterns and functions. The very name Unqualified Absolute means Absolutely Unqualified, essentially not actually identified. Therefore the examples offered as to the nature of this primordial force presence are qualified by individual experience and therefore unreal. Your questions imply that we humans may be able to identify the nature of the force influence produced by this Absolute but even the idea that such might be possible implies qualification, and that by human minds no less. If the Divine Counselor is not able to qualify identification then surely we will not.

Now all that does not mean we should join in the hunt for prescient influence trends and attempt to align our perceptions to enable potentialities beyond our, as yet, conscious awareness. So ask away, but my take is that absolutely unqualified is absolutely unidentifiable, as in, 'I cannot conceive of that which has no qualifying aspects', except theoretically, and the Divine Counselor makes it clear that we humans would tend to assign that thought train to metaphysics or philosophy.

i am happy to keep in my mind that the infinite God has an identified potential that is as yet Unqualified and Absolute. It provides assurance that Infinity will indeed be sufficient to provide Eternity with the potential of discovery of the same.

Jim

PostPosted:  

The individualised Thought Adjuster is one's closest compadre to the aspect of experiencial Deity manifesting the fruits of the unqualified Absolute, or the very small portion thereof, towards becoming part of the Universal Absolute for one's self. We can look through this aspect of ourselves and begin to bring the unqualified Absolute into reality. As it is in the fourth triunity.

PostPosted:  

True, but let's not overestimate the potential insight. We have an eternity to get this right.

PostPosted:  

This is a personal interpretation or idea, but maybe there is an interesting resonance between the revelator's presentation of the Unqualified Absolute and the Brahman/Hindu godhead concept. To my mind the Hindu godhead is not exactly personal, not necessarily loving and definitely has some kind of "out of control" mode of action as if it wants to stir up the maximum amount of mayhem in the universe as possible. Often it is bizarrely portrayed as having one or more animal heads: elephant, monkey or snake.

In direct human experience, the experiences associated with "Kundalini Awakening" very much reflect that out of control yet miraculous, certainly transpersonal, hop out of the mundane and rational. It is quite scary and unsettling when experienced in high intensity.

To offer an analogy: the Unqualified Absolute might be likened to God's subconsciousness, if there was such a thing.

PostPosted:  

In my mind, the Unqualified is a very "primordial" realm of existence. God the Supreme has a relationship to the Unqualified by dredging into the "unknown material universes". We are like the evolutionary extensions of his probing mind, and his attitude towards the outer universes of space. The Supreme Being must continue to help human individuals have experiences of discovery and meaningful quest, and in order to help mankind evolve, does God increase his capacity to draw forth from the essence of the unqualified. The manner of extrapolation, what means God uses to shape what is borne from the Unqualified, is nearly unknown to Urantians.

However, if we are a generation to take upon ourselves to discover the actuality of the Unqualified Absolute, we should seek to meaningfully assist the Supreme Being draw into the Universe, that which is of the Unqualified.

PostPosted:  

Here are a couple more questions:

I quoted the Unqualified Absolute's relationship to nether Paradise in my first topic post. Since there is this relationship between nether Paradise and the Unqualified Absolute, can God the Universal Father actually return existences into oblivion, into the primordial, and hence concealed "reconcealed" in the Unqualified Absolute?

Does our concept of time, hinder us from understanding a greater ebb & flow of that which is from the Unqualified Absolute and that which returns to it?

Or is this Unqualified Absolute more such as the Tao, the Infinite Reservoir, which even pervades the preemanence and preexistence of the Universal Father.