Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:14 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Our Space Visitors
PostPosted:  

Hi List.
I posted this over at Charlie Fox and Ubron, so, as I am also a member here and knowing how Rherman is interested in Ufology and the Urantia Book, I thought it might be OK here as well.

Understanding God's Will is something quite easy to understand in our philosophy. Love your neighbour as yourself and Love God, the two mean the same thing. Do unto others as you would to God speaks more plainly but we have to discern what love is. According to the UB it has nothing to do with what is commonly observed as love among human kind. It is not physical attraction but spiritual gravity and yet it is also Light/ enlightenment.
Whatever the Urantia Book is, it is loaded with information/knowledge. Jesus was obviously aquainted with a very advanced knowledge and we can see from the Gospel of Thomas and other references to his teachings that he was warning us about our common era. Now this time of transition is upon us. We are the total of what we have learnt. Knowledge is Light. From what I have gathered, the Earth is endowed with spirit as the circuits of Father are in everything that exists. The Earth/Urantia is the total of all that it has ever contained and the memory therof is recorded to posterity. This then is an entity filled with life and imbued with the Father and in this light it has to become known to all the other worlds of the local universe. We have visitors who are students learning about us so are aquainted with our customs and the spirit of Urantia as a whole entity. They can only associate with us by knowing us and recipricately us knowing them. We have much work to do among our kind, we regard some of races as degenerate and below us; this is the wrong attitude regardless of the UB philosophy. The UB is meant as a handbook describing us to ourselves but IMHO it has been distorted in some ways according to the beliefs of some members of the contact commission. We are now required to write our book so that we are known by the universe.
A pity that the tenet of reincarnation has been so emphatically denied in the UB, for this means we individual life forms have gained very little light in one short lifetime. Whereas if we had lived multiple lifetimes we have so much more to offer when we are asked what we have done with the talents given us. The harvest is ripe for gathering but we were sown amongst weeds because of the spiritual quarantine we have existed in darkness. Enlightenment, from what I can gather, is the full total of knowledge of the Earth and it's history as well as the knowledge of who we are and our purpose in the greater scheme of things.
It is obvious we have been denied this by the quarantine and the UB does not explain it to our satisfaction and as forum member John would say, could have been written by spirit mediums; this is true when we have studied other vast works like Blavatsky's Theosophy. Any visitor from space would have a complete knowledge of the cosmos, so the knowledge of this cannot be used to authenticate the message as coming from the central universe government. We become dazzled because it was previously unknown to us. It becomes more complicated when we realize that there is more than one revelation, we have the Bible, Oahspe, Padgett, Theosophy, UB and now a deluge of channelings and universe contacts to consider.
It is indeed bewildering but it all points to this age as something special. This is the time of Jesus predictions and if we now go back and revise our studies of his messages they all begin to make more sense, especially, IMHO, the weird writings of Biblical Apocrypa. Material that was once dismissed as ridiculous is now in vogue because we have the Urantia Revelation which is not dismissed but also as ridiculous as the apocrypha in logical terms.
This planet is attracting a lot of attention from all over the universe if we believe the visitors from space.
The trouble is that no two revelations can be compared in order to discern their authorization from Michael and to a great extent conflict with one another. It is as if there are millions of unique civilizations in the universes with their own evolved and advanced philosophies. They seem like missionaries with different religions who are trying to impose it upon our own culture. If we accept that they are all right then our own evolved philosophy must also be right and we must become aquainted with all others. This is a necessity if we are to be afforded free visitor rights to other worlds in the near future.
It is time to study and take in knowledge of everything and we must accept that other civilizations in the universe are unique. When we are known we can be accepted into the confederation of our local universe. Love one another, all races upon this Earth and also every race in the universe no matter how strange they may look to us.
They are in the process of giving us their books and we are required to give them ours. I was amused at the Iargians when they brought their book. It seemed they could not wait to drop it and get as far away from us as possible before our military became aware of their presence.
Sounds like Star Trek, what do you think?
Mick

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

UFO's: Really our planet is a really special planet. A planet that deserves to be visited, that deserevs to be watched. To be watched. We live in an organized universe, you can go to a planet and watch it, learn from your observations. Visit the places where Micael walked during his last bestowal. There are so many visitors that we maybe can see them. We can get a glance of them. But just that, for now, they are only coming to visit us. TO WATCH. Maybe in a future, there will a possibility of us TALKING to them. Exchanging points of View, who knows. That's what I can reckon.
--------------------
My opinion about Madamme. Blavatsky, a Russian martir is full of love towards her. Before I read the Urantia Book I went into teosophy. She was pretty close of the truth. She got pretty crystal clear the idea of the Though Adjuster, and work with him. \"The voice of Silence\" (Being actuall the voice of Silence just a translation). She did very good works......Maybe she had a very advanced Thought Adjuster. Although, She failed in recognizing the Father idea. The love of a Father in a loving universe, through Micael his son. Abyway, she was one of the greatest women in our times.
--------------------
About reeincarnation. This is really our first step. Human beings can achieve great things in this material worlds in the first time. Check out the Worlds in Love and Life. This is really our first step that Lao Tse mentions.
But you can have your own ideas about reincarnation. Although, even the master found difficult teaching people in his time that their souls did not have a previous existence.

Very good post! made me think a little , and thanks for remembering HPB!

Embrace Truth not a Book!

Last edited by jorgeurantia on Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:19 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Michael60,

Student visitors are just that. The Star Trek part of this is that even if there were 20 billion visitors per day, the noninterference doctrine is in effect and probably will always be so for student visitors.

Extraterrestrials are irrelevant to our religious growth.

Jorge,

Madam Blavatsky.... Of course there is some truth in what she presented. She culled all the eastern religions for her ideas. But just as Buddha, she failed to discover our Father. A religion berift of the knowledge of the personality of a loving Father is just another false philosophy of religion. I am surprised that you would defend her. Perhaps you have some qualifiers?

Bill

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

ufos, aliens, bigfoot ? ...if so then what ''book'' would we give them ? our personal diary of the history of our planet ? if it's our history books well.......they wont want to be involved with us till we evolve and change for the better . as a global community weve yet to become one of brotherhood and love . and the acceptance of diversity. churchs hate other churchs , races hate other races,govts vs govts. religions vs religions . cats vs dogs . it's sad to say yet many even still follow the sick an hatefull teachings of the so called . k.k.k . take me to your leader ! well which one should we take them to ? bush , bin laden or the pope ? or the grand wizard of the k.k.k. ? i can just see their advertisments for vacation to urantia . visit at your own risk! x rated! not for ages under 5,000 years old . tickets not refunded . mankind still has an inner city gang style mentality . that is worldwide . how often it hurts my spirit when i hear racial remarks , ethnic jokes. and people blame others for the worlds problems . and instead of being a part of the solution , that they dont even realize that in reality , their the very ones themselfs that are the problem . man needs to look himself in the mirror first! . many people just beleive in and follow others and their mission . and just go along and accept it as it's easily done to just go along an follow the crowd . and go with the flow . than to put any amount of effort and thinking into takeing a moral and spiritual stand as a individual on ones own. man likes to belong to a group , a tribe , a club , to be accepted as a group member . and to do the ''in'' thing . not the right thing .how many men can take a moral stand against a crowd . and speak the light of truth . that others refuse to hear ...what ''book'' will we give to our universal brothers ? a history '' book'' of hate and war ? or one of love an peace? it's our choice . lets start now! lets tend to our own garden before we worry about our neighbors . there are as many ideas an theories about ufo's and aliens as there are about religions . i feel that if anything , that their not good spiritual beings. possibly our early age mix of races of man and the nephelim . maybe even that their celestials guideing the spiritualism behind the scene of the stage of the team . so ....et phone home . as urantia is still a work in progress . and our construction sign is still up '' danger men working'' ! yield ! no u turns !- we all must be pro active in the light of truth!........peace n love....coop

PostPosted:  

Howdy All:

First, Coop you slay me my friend, I had myself a much needed laugh when I read your reply to this post. I am 100% in agrement with ya, lets keep our feet firmly planted on the ground and keep looking into that mirror-at ourselves not our brothers and sisters.

Second, I cannot find it but I believe I have read a quote out of the UB which basically states that travel between the plantes by \"material or mortal\" beings is not allowed especially in systems such as Satania that have been isolated, could someone locate and quote this for us :?:

My point is, if this is so then we DO NOT have little space visitors coming to see us. We have ANGELS and other CELESTIAL BEINGS (SPIRITUAL IN NATURE NOT MATERIAL OR MORTAL) THAT ARE BOTH OBSERVING AND ACTING IN OUR BEHALF TO HELP US :!:

The UB tells us that yes we have a lot of problems but this is a special planet because of Michaels last bestowal mission, and he himself has promised to come back someday. I think that we mess ourselves up not aliens :!:

In Paper 72, Goverment On A Neighboring Planted, pages 808 and 820 the \"Melchizedek Of Nebadon\" states that he had to have SPECIAL PERMISSION to even tell us about this nearby planet so much like ours, \" it was most unusual for the system rulers to consent to the narration on one planet of the affairs of another\". To me this says that if the Powers To Be are relucant to even tell us about life on another inhabited planet then at this time they will not consider letting us be vistited by mortal or material beings from another world :roll:

Well this ought to stirr up the UFO Folks-truth is truth and I believe the UB. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Jorge,
I agree with you in all you have said. This is indeed a very special planet and would take many lifetimes to realize just how wonderful it is. For those who can afford to travel and experience the pristine areas that still exist, it is possible to visualize this unspoiled marvel of creation as it was before. The smells the sights the sounds, all a witness the Glory of Father's spirit of creativity. The more I see, the more I want to see. Yet we should be able to see a universe in a grain of sand.
Like you I loved reading Madame Blavatsky's vast works of Theosophy. She was a truth seeker and had the human race at heart with her revelations of the universe, the meaning of life and the Love of Father. I am quite sure that Doctor Sadler would have been aquainted with her work. Like any other revelator she had to endure plenty of scorn. And yes, I am still holding the thread of my own ideas about reincarnation.
Student visitors are student visitors, missionaries are missionaries and we are getting visits from other universe civilizations, of that I very sure having witnessed myself three episodes of flying objects doing dazzling airobatics. If one can relate to the Urantia revelations easily then it must be easy to assume I am telling the truth. Non-interference does not necessarily mean that a calling card cannot be dropped. If however there was direct confrontation and the abrogation of our free will, it would certainly be against universal law. There are some abduction stories that say this has happened but the experiencers of those instances are subject to ridicule. Relating each one Woody, would make my post too long, which is a thing I am often guilty of.
Hi Coop,
If ever a new Earth book was written it would have to contain the feelings and aspirations of a person like yourself. I note you are very open minded which is a great attribute, particularly if the truth turns out to be different than expected.You display the thoughts that would be well accepted in the universe because you have feelings that anyone would consider as advanced reasoning. If the whole world were like you then we wouldn't have much of a problem. The reality of this world is another thing and sadly quite visible to every student/visitor who comes here. Yet this is not the only planet that suffered under the quarantine and there are obviously still X rated troubles out there as well. My reference to the Iargians can be read by anyone interested at the URL below.
HI Woody,
Yes, as you say, plenty of stuff in the media but very ahrd to ascertain what the truth is in much this. The confusion is, from all reports, a campaign by government itself of disinfromation. Perhaps this deliberate subterfuge or it could even be that they genuinely care about the effect news like this would have on a skittish populace. It could be just with some of the TM groups being infiltrated by some to make them look ridiculous. Hopefully the truth will come out soon as promised by Jesus 2000 years ago. It is a big world to spread the word in but Father may have something up his sleeve in that regard, I am noting the world's concern after the tsuname in Asia. This could be the catalyst that will change everything, perhaps with more to follow. We UB readers know that the dead cannot suffer anymore, the effect will on those left behind. It is here that love will be manifested with a hard lesson. Yes eugenics is one area of the UB I disagree with, perhaps I will be enlightened at a later date. As for learning loads in this lifetime? True! But hardly a dent in what there is to learn in my honest opinion, A thousand expletives upon this quarantine.
Hi WLM,
I believe I have read that as well but it is obvious that rule is now out of date, because they are coming and going in droves. If this law still stands then someone is disobeying it, simple as that. I am quite sure all this is happening now, perhaps the quarantine is being dropped because I also read somewhere in the UB that it was \"eased\". I am too busy to look it up at the moment, perhaps you will oblige.
Warm Regards
Mick

EDITED: Sorry forgot the URL to the Iargians.

http://www.galactic-server.com/rune/iarga.html

Last edited by Michael60 on Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:46 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I believe all these UFO and cropcircle occurances are indeed a part of the now unfolding plan to bring us back into the family. These seemingly out of the ordinary events serve to draw attention to the possibility of all that is in store when we "meet our Family" for the first time face to face. As we all jabber back and forth, we lessen the impact. I think we are much more prepared than our governments believe. This is truly an exciting time to LIVE!

Bro Dave

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Last edited by Bro Dave on Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:48 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Our Space Visitors
PostPosted:  

WLM wrote:
Howdy All:
I cannot find it but I believe I have read a quote out of the UB which basically states that travel between the plantes by "material or mortal" beings is not allowed especially in systems such as Satania that have been isolated, could someone locate and quote this for us :?:

My point is, if this is so then we DO NOT have little space visitors coming to see us. We have ANGELS and other CELESTIAL BEINGS (SPIRITUAL IN NATURE NOT MATERIAL OR MORTAL) THAT ARE BOTH OBSERVING AND ACTING IN OUR BEHALF TO HELP US :!:

The UB tells us that yes we have a lot of problems but this is a special planet because of Michaels last bestowal mission, and he himself has promised to come back someday. I think that we mess ourselves up not aliens :!:
8)

Yep...considering that your whole point is based on that quote....where's that quote? :P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hello Guys!!!

I don't EVEN have a clue where to begin--except to say--Thanks to All who have participated on this thread!!! At the risk of sounding like Spock, I have found it Fascinating!!

Thanks to you, Michael60, as in many ways, your opinions on these matters coincide with my own, as you have correctly discerned my interest in these matters. Thank you for the Iarga link and if you have more you'd like to share, I'd appreciate it!! I suggest this might be better accomplished by private email, however, if you're agreeable...?

Jorge, I thank you also for your well considered input. As I understand it, you reside in Chile, where the view of the night sky reveals the Milky Way in so much greater splendor than our dismal view from the northern hemisphere. I believe I'm jealous... I doubt the Southern Cross is visible this time of year for you, its never visible from the north, but the next time you happen to view it, I ask you to remember your poor siblings in the north, who cannot see such a beautiful reminder of DIVINE FORGIVENESS.

I most strongly believe that both, the Urantia Book and First Contact are part of the Correcting Time and I realize these issues are highly contraversial, so I have not posted these things as openly as perhaps I should have. Its very clear that many are not yet ready to consider realities not explicitly stated in the Urantia Book, or that others have done their best to reveal truth as best as they perceive it, even though this truth may appear to contradict the UB.

My thanks to Truthbook.com and to Paula, Bro Dave, and Woody who, as moderators, clearly have their work cut out for them in making administrative decisions concerning these highly contraversial issues which may or may not be reflected in the teachings of the Urantia Book.

Well Done!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Image Truth: The eternal flame. Bill

http://billurantia3.bravehost.com//welc ... ALITY.html

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello Everyone,

Like RHerman I followed this thread with great interest and appreciate all that was said. I, of course, have some thoughts to add. :smile:

I have scoured the UB and can't find a single direct reference to interplanetary space travel. We can speculate it's possible because we are close to being able to do it ourselves, at least to our closest neighbors. Beyond being possible, I wonder how common such a thing is?

The UB does tell us that there are three planets in our Monmatia that could support life. That's a great hint that we do have some solar system neighbors. It also tells us that there is a planet of non-breathers in close proximity. Another great clue. I have pondered what a non-breather would look like and I think the little gray aliens are probably a good match. They would probably have big bulbous eyes from having to live underground to avoid meteor showers. They would surely have small stature for the same reason plus they don't need lungs. They don't need a nose to breathe through, two little slits to smell with would suffice. They don't need a mouth to talk with because talking only occurs when one forces air from the lungs past the vocal cords. A simple slit for intake of sustenance would suffice. For this reason, they would have to have developed telepathy which would be facilitated if they are three-brained, which could explain their large round heads. Our human lore about leprechauns and gremlins, etc., could well be due to their visitations.
Some have suggested that they live on our moon, or at the very least have bases there. It would not surprise me to learn that this was true.

I have always been fascinated by research that indicates that the world has a long history of ET visitation. I have found the evidence of such to be very compelling. It has always occurred to me that if aliens wanted anything from us, they would have taken it long ago, as it would have been much easier to get before we were able to retaliate. For this reason I'm certain that they are benevolent and only here to help. The case that they are here because of mankind's nuclear capabilities always has made sense to me because we have inadvertently done something that affects their well-being. I can see why they would have been granted permission to come when we started testing nukes. We are really messing with forces we have no business messing with. Forces that could have negative implications for a far greater number of beings than we are aware of.

I am certain that no being comes to Urantia without Michael's express knowledge and even without his express permission. I find the UB in itself to be the most compelling evidence of the existence of ET intelligence there is. After reading the UB, it's no stretch at all to completely believe that there is life on myriad planets in space. However, we have to remember that much of the world is still engaged in survival mode and not too concerned about what is going on "out there." Having concerns enough to cope with what their family will eat tomorrow.

I have always been intrigued by the 20th Century. My own grandmother crossed the prairie in a covered wagon and lived to see men walk on the moon. This progress happened in the course of one human life. I ponder that with great awe. I theorize that the revelators did indeed come here and while here sponsored prolific works in science, religion and philosophy. I could go on all day about amazing works that came through all over the planet during that window of time when they were here. I believe that their adding their magnificent intelligence to the collective consciousness of the planet made progressive humans all over the planet POP! They knew the industrial age was coming on a pace and their coming here accelerated it a lot.

My dear friend Jo Ann says, "The UB is a key note speech at a spiritual convention that has been taking place on this planet for more than 100 years." Yes, that resonates with me. I find that the works of Madame Blavatski are but one good example of their visit here, but the list is huge. Just to name a few, there was Ernest Holmes, Norman Vincent Peale, Bucky Fuller, Nikola Tessla, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, Gandhi, Mary Baker Eddy, Dr. Sadler, Dr. Bob (AA's big blue book), Immanuel Swedenborg, Martin Buber, Royal Rife, Martin Luther King, the many human source authors of the UB (sung and unsung), all offer amazing evidence of a renaissance unparalleled in human history. One that we have yet to catch up with. I think this all happened as a result of the revelators coming here. Oh we certainly get student visitors, but nothing like the beings who came here from the Central and Super Universe to sponsor the U Papers. Just as Jesus did, they changed our world and we will never be the same.

In the adventure and loving it....Paula

Last edited by Paula on Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:16 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

Hello Michael60: Well I'm still looking for that quote on mortal/material beings who have a restriction on their inter-planteray travel. Jorge you are correct in that is the cornerstone of my argument against mortal/material beings visiting our planet at this time. I firmly believe it will happen at some point in the future, I doubt that it is now. I offer the following:
Quote:
From page 611 of the UB, 9. Present Status Of The Rebellion- It is true that Satan did periodically visit Caligastia and others of the fallen princes right up to the time of the presentation of these revelations (1930's), when there occurred the first hearing of Gabriel's plea for the annihilation of the archrebels. Satan is now unqualifiedly detained on the Jersuem prision worlds. We do not look for a removal of the present Satania restrictions until the Ancient Of Days make final disposition of the archrebels. The system circuits will not be reinstated so long as Lucifer lives. Meantime, he is wholly inactive.
So we have had the first hearing (maybe more by now?) Has the Ancient Of Days made the final disposition of the archrebels?
Quote:
From Problems Of The Lucifer Rebellion, page 616- But these mercy delays are not interminable. Notwithstanding the long delay (as time is reckoned on Urantia) in adjudication the Lucifer rebellion, we may record that, during the time of effecting this revelation, the first hearing in the pending case of Gabriel vs. Lucifer was held on Uversa, and soon thereafter there issued the mandate of the Ancient Of Days directing that Satan be henceforth confined to the prison world with Lucifer. This ends the ability of Satan to pay further visits to any of the fallen worlds of Satania. Justice in a mercy-dominated universe may be slow, but it is certain.
Lucifer and Satan are not material or mortal beings, they are spiritual. The question is, has the quarantine that was instituted at the time of the Lucifer Rebellion been lifted? If so I could concieve that the UFO's could be the \"grays\" or others, if not then we need another explanation of the UFO phenomena. Lucifer was not an ascendant being, he was a created Son who was perfect in all his ways, he was the chief executive of a great system of 607 inhabited worlds. Satan was his first lieutenant. They are in prison or at least that was the last we had heard from the UB. If these two high spiritual beings have been put into prision and as far as the book tells us we are still under quarantine (the system not just earth) then why would it make sense to let the mortals of other worlds roam about? The lines of Universal Communication were severed, we were cut off along with other worlds to stop the spread of sin and evil. To me it just makes sense that if the Spiritual Leaders were jailed then the mortals would suffer the same fate in that travel between the planets would stop. Even if the mortals of other worlds had not participated in the rebellion and remained loyal to Michael and had the capability to travel to earth I just can't see it happeing until the quarantine is lifited, and from the above quotes that dosen't sound like it will be anytime soon :!: The question of the hour is whether or not the quarantine has been lifted which is I believe the central issue concerning interplanetary travel. Paula I absoutley agree that nobody could visit us without Michael's permission and with lots of restrictions. I also believe you are correct about the description of the grays as being nonbreathers. I'm just not 100% convinced that the UFO's contain mortal beings from either our Solar System or from other parts of Orvonton. We are still like the cornered animal on this planet, get too close and we will attack and with some terrible weapons at that :| Michael60 I do believe that UFO's are real, what they are I'm not sure, whom do they contain, I'm not sure about that one either. Proably 99% of all UFO sightings can be explanied one way or another, it's the 1% or so that leaves the BIG :?: The UB tells us that the 7 SuperUniverses are teeming with literally trillions of mortal or material beings. Michael rules over 10,000,000 planets with nearly 7,000,000 of them inhabited, we are told that nonbreathers live on a world very close to us as Paula has stated. My position is that I don't think the quarantine has been lifited and therefore I believe we are still in isolation and way to dangerous to be visited by materal or mortal beings, give us an opportunity and we would mess up the spiritual world if it were possible :| Until we learn to quit killing and hating one another I don't believe the powers to be want us to spread our hatred abroad. Look at the problems Adam and Eve encountred soon after they arrived, today we suffer from the consequences of their actions :(

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hello WLM. I agree with your sayings. And agree with the ones you agree. The difference is that I think that we still can have visitors even with Quarantine on. A really few ones.....maybe that 1%? This only brings that big MAYBE. PS.- the greys stuff sounds good ;) In love and affection.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Disclaimer: The subject matter of the post below represents material that was transcribed from a channeling session and does not represent teachings in The Urantia Book

------------------------------------

[The disclaimer was a good ploy but still doesn't justify the entry of chanelled material into this discussion list -- text deleted by admin (L. Watkins)]

Last edited by rhermen on Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:06 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Woody, I do concure. I have for some time now, been advocating the Skeptics Corner be for folks who what to question the Urantia Book and its contents in some way. This IS just about the first place new visitors will look at, just to see what our "dirty laundry" looks like, and if we are really just another flakey bunch of New Agers. There are plenty of forum to discuss those topics, so, my vote is for those interested, use private mail.

Bro Dave

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next