Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:32 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted:  

Has anybody else read Timothy Wylie's books? (He has three out with more to follow.) They are a telling of Urantia/Earth history from the perspective of one of the rebel angels. I am finding them very enjoyable.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

The books in the series so far are:
Confessions of a Rebel Angel (2012)
Revolt of the Rebel Angels (2013)
Rebel Angles in Exile (2014)

Wylie is a big fan of the Urantia Book and his books are grounded in that cosmology and history of events. The format makes it a lot more fun to read and grasp the concepts than the dense TUB.

It was my contact with Wylie's earlier works on non-human intelligences that led me to TUB in the first place.

Some interesting tidbits:
*Of the 37 quarantined planets, Earth is one of the most difficult 3
*There is speculation that the rebellion was engineered as a way to inject some novelty in a rigid system
*The existence of earlier nuclear war, Lemuria, and Atlantis
*Caligastia influenced early tribes through his use of the Midwayers
*The Midwayers were removed by Jesus/Michael during his incarnation
*The Lucifer Rebellion was adjudicated in the 1980's and the quarantine lifted
*Earth will be undergoing a big transformation soon

PostPosted:  

i must purchase these books! thanks for the heads up!

PostPosted:  

Be warned that it does alternate between a history of Earth and a history of Wylie's own life, all told from the perspective of Georgia, an observer angel that sided with the Lucifer Rebellion. Some people could care less about reading about Wylie's life and skip those sections altogether. I enjoyed them, though.

I think there are going to be 6 or 7 volumes total.

PostPosted:  

Just finished reading his most recent one: Wisdom of the Watchers (2015)

I am surprised more students of the Urantia book don't read them. I am going to make another plug for them:

#1 - They are a heck of a lot more fun to read than the big book of boring facts that is The Urantia Book. Sorry folks, as insightful as it is, you have to admit the TUB is tough reading.

#2 - More importantly, there is new information. The Urantia Book was transcribed between 1924-1955. That's more than half a century go! A lot has happened since then. The biggest thing to share is, according to Wylie, the Lucifer Rebellion was resolved in the early 1980's and the planetary quarantine was lifted.

#3 - The Urantia Book is told from the perspective of the Mutilverse Administration. Another way of stating that is it's only one side of the story. The Rebel Angels series gives you another perspective that will only enrich your appreciation for the TUB cosmology and framework.

Last edited by BigAl on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:51 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

A reader in our local study group also likes these books. I'm sorry that I can't share your enthusiasm. They are just ruminations of a very active imagination to me.

PostPosted:  

By what Authority does this author claim to have knowledge of an updated status of the adjudication of the Lucifer Rebellion and subsequent planetary quarantine?

My impression is that these books are fiction and are well-intentioned as ways to capture the imagination of readers and get them interested in UB teachings; but should not be taken as revelation of themselves.

PostPosted:  

Wylie is an old guy, born in WWII. An architect by training, an artist at heart, he has a long history of investigating spirituality. I first came across him through a book called "Dolphins, ETs & Angels: Adventures Among Spiritual Intelligences".

His latest books are alleged to be the result of communication with a watcher angel that partook in the Lucifer Rebellion. It is from her point of view. And being on the other side from the Multiverse Administration, it's quite an interesting perspective.

The adjudication of the Lucifer Rebellion and the lifting of quarantine has been mentioned several times in passing but it hasn't been discussed in detail yet. The reason why is that the books are following a chronological history of Earth and we are not caught up to the present time period yet. I can only assume that this information comes from Georgia, the watcher angel, and that she has access to such information. As a "rebel angel" the adjudication would of course have affected her directly.

The books are not intended to be fiction.

Are they credible? Like everything else in life, you'll have to decide for yourself. But if you can believe in other intelligences communicating with us (and logically you must if you believe in the Urantia book) there is no reason to dismiss them out of hand.

I like to think of the books as an addendum or supplement to the Urantia teachings.

Best wishes.

PostPosted:  

BigAl,

It is certainly true that ultimately these matters are up to each individual. However, I would suggest you try to read the entire TUB before making judgements on claimed supplements and addendums.There is a large consensus of experienced readers concluding such works are inconsistent with the teachings found within the Papers. I don't think it's worth your or my time to argue the point, rather I'd say it would be a good exercise for you to discover for yourself through your own study of TUB why many readers make this conclusion.

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

Looks to me like this stuff comes from an LSD addled brain. He must have expanded his conscious all the way to his navel. Wyllie's website reminds me of the 60's and the coming of the age of Aquarius. Far out man! What a trip! Psychedelic and groovy little fantasy world he has there. I'm not one iota impressed with his work, nor do I think it is based on reality. The guy's brain is fried and he's living in the past. It's total fiction, not that there's anything wrong with fiction. It's making him a living, keeping him off the public dole, and that's a good thing.

Outta sight - not,
Rex

PostPosted:  

Totaly agree fer sure man ,

Quil n Rex

Fer sure ... Far out man ,

Groovy eh

Burnt out ,,,

This is your brain on drugs , ,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FtNm9CgA6U

Although not all drugs fry your brain ,,

But seriously this topic should either be in the skeptics
corner or in Abners corner IMO

Yet actually it being a so called ... Channeld work
its not supposed to even be discussed here as a
worthwhile discussion , as ITs totaly contrary an not
in anyway similar to the Urantia books teachings ,

IM NOT A Moderator or the fashion police ,

But IF Channeld works , the TM And ghosts n ,,,etc

Can be discussed Here then i want to talk about
My Irish history About Faries , sprites , ghosts
and my Leprechaun friends . OK ? lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprechaun

Theres a song lyric that says

Its better to burn out than to fade away .

Im not so sure thats true .

What Does the Admin say ?

The Red or the Blue Pill ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhlXqYiTz2Q

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hi Coop,

What admin says is that any sincere student of TUB should understand the difference between authentic revelation and wishful thinking (but many don't.) When a seeker newly discovers TUB they come with the baggage of their seeking... some allowance should be made as they question and reform and test their beliefs against the teachings of TUB. Personally derived beliefs and faith usually include elements of lore and fairy tales, psychic confusion, ghosts and bigfoot, as well as innumerable authors and channelers who contributed to the searching and spiritual growth process.

The world is a strange place where unexplained happenings abound. But it's not our place to attempt to answer them all here. Here we attempt to direct focus to the teachings of TUB, which are replete and wholly adequate for an enhanced spiritual life on this world. All else can be let go of and left aside. One can't be a believer in the Urantia revelation and still entertain beliefs in psychic activities, flying unicorns, spirit guides, reincarnation and the rest of the vast array of spirit led thinking. There are forums for discussing all of these and more. Those that run contrary to UB teachings aren't given much if any leeway here. Choose the blue pill (or the red one, I forget which it is).

PostPosted:  

Thank you my Brother

Well said ,

an Your Correct

Thank you ,

PostPosted:  

For those of you that have not read them, please don't feel threatened by them. They are generally supportive of the Urantia teachings and will only encourage deeper study. This is certainly the case with me.

If you have read any of these books, what did you think?

PostPosted:  

'' The world is a strange place where unexplained happenings abound. But it's not our place to attempt to answer them all here. Here we attempt to direct focus to the teachings of TUB, which are replete and wholly adequate for an enhanced spiritual life on this world. All else can be let go of and left aside. One can't be a believer in the Urantia revelation and still entertain beliefs in psychic activities, flying unicorns, spirit guides, reincarnation and the rest of the vast array of spirit led thinking. There are forums for discussing all of these and more. Those that run contrary to UB teachings aren't given much if any leeway here. Choose the blue pill (or the red one, I forget which it is).''

Amen 8)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next