Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:47 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

(556.2) 48:7.2 Not long since, while executing an assignment on the first mansion world of Satania, I had occasion to observe this method of teaching; and though I may not undertake to present the mota content of the lesson, I am permitted to record the twenty-eight statements of human philosophy which this morontia instructor was utilizing as illustrative material designed to assist these new mansion world sojourners in their early efforts to grasp the significance and meaning of mota. These illustrations of human philosophy were:

Please, do you see the difference between both? is it a fixed expression with a global meaning?
Thank you!

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Angel Francisco wrote:
(556.2) 48:7.2 Not long since, while executing an assignment on the first mansion world of Satania, I had occasion to observe this method of teaching; and though I may not undertake to present the mota content of the lesson, I am permitted to record the twenty-eight statements of human philosophy which this morontia instructor was utilizing as illustrative material designed to assist these new mansion world sojourners in their early efforts to grasp the significance and meaning of mota. These illustrations of human philosophy were:

Please, do you see the difference between both? is it a fixed expression with a global meaning?
Thank you!
Hi Ángel, 48:7.2 makes a clear distinction between actual morontia mota, which the revelator is not allowed to present, and 28 statements from human philosophy, which may (only) parallel morontia mota, and which the revelator is allowed to record in order to illustrate the significance and meaning of morontia mota..

PostPosted:  

Hi, Bart,

But to make a difference between them, could "significance" mean something like "relevance" and "meaning", "content"?

Thank you!

PostPosted:  

Hi Ángel, I see what you mean. :) "Significance" here means "relevance" or "importance". The word "meaning" here indeed refers to the literal meaning or content or interpretation of some statement. There is a subtle difference. I think both terms are translated as "significado" in Spanish. To distinguish them, "meaning" may be translated as "sentido", but I’m not sure..

PostPosted:  

Thank you, Bart. That helps!
Feliz Navidad

PostPosted:  

Angel - I was just wondering...are you studying an English or Spanish Urantia Book?? How many are in your group? My curiosity is only that I wonder.....could you use some Urantia Books? There are several of us here who would be honored to send some...in any language!!!!! I find your questions penetrating and pertinent and very sincere. Real truth seekers. You cannot ask too many questions!! This site is a wonderful resource of scholarship by those who truly love the UB and find it a bright light of guidance and truth for those who ask such wonderful questions as you present here for us all to learn thereby. Indeed, as I understand it, your questions are PRECISELY why this site exists!! Just want you to know, you have loving and earnest brothers and sisters here to serve you and your friends in any way possible. Do not be shy. Ask and also share with us your understandings as well.

Each of us is fully connected to the Thought Adjuster, the Spirit of Truth, and Cosmic Mind. Your perspective would help us all here to advance understanding and perspective. We need you Brother. And we celebrate your experience in Spirit. I have contributed little to your questions...but I read every word. Blessings to Bart for his dialogue and service to your earnest inquiries here. I only hope to learn by your perception, questions, and responses. Welcome our fellow truth seeker. Blessings upon you and yours this season when the world celebrates that day (regardless of date) when the Creator Son, now Master Son, of our little world was born as one of us to show us God's love and give us the precious gift of His life and demonstrate our own eternal life in this wonderful adventure.

You, no doubt, know of Agondontors? Salutations and best wishes to you, fellow agondontor, across the pond. Your light shines bright here and I am so blessed you have joined us here at the truthbook!! Peace from another tadpole on the pilgrim's path HOME!!!

Bradly

P.S. You have only to state a need for support and it shall be given. You shine!!

PostPosted:  

Hi, Bradley, sorry for the delay in answering to you. I haven’t seen your message until just now. First of all thank you for your kind and encouraging words. Very often I think we have too many questions

There are five in our group. Thank your generosity, but we don’t need book at the moment. We have enough copies in English and Spanish of the UB, but even though, we often just make copies of individual papers from the web, so we can take notes –many of them--. The Spanish texts are a bit faulty –understandable due to the complexity of the Urantia Book— and we need to find the answers in the English text.

Yes, blessings very especially to Bart to take his time to answer so many questions, and also to others who also add his responses.

No, I don’t know about agondontors, sorry!

Peace and love to you and all the members of this forum.
Ángel F.

PostPosted:  

You are agondonter as finaliter -

(579.1) 50:7.2 On Jerusem the ascenders from these isolated worlds occupy a residential sector by themselves and are known as the agondonters, meaning evolutionary will creatures who can believe without seeing, persevere when isolated, and triumph over insuperable difficulties even when alone. This functional grouping of the agondonters persists throughout the ascension of the local universe and the traversal of the superuniverse; it disappears during the sojourn in Havona but promptly reappears upon the attainment of Paradise and definitely persists in the Corps of the Mortal Finality. Tabamantia is an agondonter of finaliter status, having survived from one of the quarantined spheres involved in the first rebellion ever to take place in the universes of time and space.

(579.2) 50:7.3 All through the Paradise career, reward follows effort as the result of causes. Such rewards set off the individual from the average, provide a differential of creature experience, and contribute to the versatility of ultimate performances in the collective body of the finaliters.

As to "tadpoles" -

(1094.6) 100:1.4 Children are permanently impressed only by the loyalties of their adult associates; precept or even example is not lastingly influential. Loyal persons are growing persons, and growth is an impressive and inspiring reality. Live loyally today — grow — and tomorrow will attend to itself. The quickest way for a tadpole to become a frog is to live loyally each moment as a tadpole.

PostPosted:  

Thank you, Bradley, but I don't think I deserve such a title.
Ángel F

PostPosted:  

Agree...the mansion world adventures and fusion to come and then to become finaliters is grand enough for any tadpole to aspire to. But in the grand universe and the Corps of Finality, there is great value in those of us who seek Father in the isolation of spirit progress without celestial example and knowledge of the reality of the universe. We are forged by our own choices to become children of loyalty and courage in important ways.

I've wondered if the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth and now possession of this Revelation might mean that those who know of agondonters are ineligible then to become such ones? Oh well....glorious enough in any case!

:wink: 8)

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
I've wondered if the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth and now possession of this Revelation might mean that those who know of agondonters are ineligible then to become such ones? Oh well....glorious enough in any case!

Bradly - I found myself pondering that very same question on my way to work a few weeks ago. My car-conclusion was that you and I were introduced to it by purely human means. By that I mean, it took human beings and their choices to get the text of the revelation in our hands. We were not physically present during the origin of the book, just like we were not physically present with the Master walked the earth in material form. In both cases, for us, it comes down to faith, no matter how certain we are! ;)

PostPosted:  

Bradly -

I believe that the Agondonters are mostly those on the 37 planet of the rebellion.
Though not limited to just those planets. Those planets have not had the full benefit of a proper governorship over them.

The account of Abraham proved to be a Agondonter because he believed and had faith in Melchizedek's words of promise. "Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld." "For we to walk by faith and not by sight." We believe though have not seen. Other have seen yet don't believe.

PostPosted:  

Agree Dianor!! And then there are these for such mighty faith tested sons to aspire to:

2. The Mighty Messengers

(245.1) 22:2.1 Mighty Messengers belong to the ascendant group of the Trinitized Sons. They are a class of perfected mortals who have been rebellion tested or otherwise equally proved as to their personal loyalty; all have passed through some definite test of universe allegiance. At some time in their Paradise ascent they stood firm and loyal in the face of the disloyalty of their superiors, and some did actively and loyally function in the places of such unfaithful leaders.

(245.2) 22:2.2 With such personal records of fidelity and devotion, these ascending mortals pass on through Havona with the stream of the pilgrims of time, attain Paradise, graduate therefrom, and are mustered into the Corps of the Finality. Thereupon they are trinitized in the secret embrace of the Paradise Trinity and subsequently are commissioned to become associated with the Ancients of Days in the administration of the governments of the seven superuniverses.

(245.3) 22:2.3 Every ascendant mortal of insurrectionary experience who functions loyally in the face of rebellion is eventually destined to become a Mighty Messenger of the superuniverse service. Likewise is any ascendant creature who effectively prevents such upheavals of error, evil, or sin; for action designed to prevent rebellion or to effect higher types of loyalty in a universe crisis is regarded as of even greater value than loyalty in the face of actual rebellion.

(245.8) 22:2.8 In the superuniverse courts, Mighty Messengers act as defenders of both individuals and planets when they come up for adjudication; they also assist the Perfections of Days in the direction of the affairs of the major sectors. As a group, their chief assignment is that of superuniverse observers. They are stationed on the various headquarters worlds and on individual planets of importance as the official observers of the Ancients of Days. When so assigned, they also serve as advisers to the authorities directing the affairs of the spheres of their sojourn. The Messengers take active part in all phases of the ascendant scheme of mortal progression. With their associates of mortal origin they keep the supergovernments in close and personal touch with the status and progression of the plans of the descending Sons of God.

(246.1) 22:2.9 Mighty Messengers are fully conscious of their entire ascendant careers, and that is why they are such useful and sympathetic ministers, understanding messengers, for service on any world of space and to any creature of time. As soon as you are delivered from the flesh, you will communicate freely and understandingly with us since we spring from all the races on all the evolutionary worlds of space, that is, from those mortal races that are indwelt by, and subsequently fused with, Thought Adjusters.

And then there are Those High In Authority and Those Without Name or Number. So much adventure to come for us loyal tadpoles. Such reason to be joyful and confident in our destiny.

Brad :wink: :biggrin: 8)