Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun May 16, 2021 8:54 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hello there, I have recently been accepted to this lovely site, and I am just thrilled to know that there are people who have taken time to unite fellow UB readers! I just have this longing to find others who share the same ideals and interests as me, ie, the UB. I am an 18 year old female, and I find life very difficult in the fact that no one understands who I am or what I am about, being that I`m so young, it`s hard to find people suitable age wise for me.. Most spiritually advanced persons are much older than me.. I just love Jesus with all of my heart and I crave deeply spiritual companionship .. (friends or other) All of my human relationships inevitably fail, because the people in question do not love Jesus, and that is almost the only thing I require of anyone. I find myself very depressed, I am DESPERATE for anyone who wants to talk about God, I even posted on kijiji and craigslist, lol. I am praying that God leads me to the right people, and that he may pave the way for true friendship and just someone I can share with who doesn`t think I`m crazy .. Any suggestions.. P.s I recently joined a church study group, but the pastor tolled me to stop reading my Urantia Book and handed me this tiny little bible in it`s place, it was insulting, however, he genuinely believes he is leading me away from evil... I know he just doesn`t understand, he is a righteous man, but he just doesn`t see the advantage the UB has over the bible, and he doesn`t understand that it is an ADDITION of sorts to the bible.. I just want someone to talk to about the Urantia Book without them going `whats Nebadon`
Thanks for reading, Truth, Beauty, and Goodness forever! Sincerely, Tressa.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Welcome. You might also try this site the younger readers just got going:

http://urantianow.com/

PostPosted:  

Hey there Tressa and Welcome!! I've only been on-site about 6 months myself (but a long time reader) and I'm sure you'll not be disappointed in your search for sharing, fraternity, and community. I have spent so many hours looking through all the topics and listening to all the voices here, archived for years, and have learned a great deal by those patient, kind, and persistant voices you will identify here. Also try www.urantia.invisionzone.com for another forum and Rick's One Page a Day ministry and study group. And there are on-line classes (my wife and I are in our second one now) at the International Association's site, link at www.urantia.org and www.urantia-uai.org - both great sites for connectivity. There are many websites - some very true to the Revelation and others not so much - with music, video, art, poetry, and graphics. I wish you the best fellow seeker and look forward to your voice joining the choir of seekers and believers who congregate here (all here are readers but not all are yet believers and such is not important to those of us who do believe the 5th Revelation is indeed that, for we all seek and we all find and must do so, each for ourselves to become who we will be as we ascend to our Father - the only one who know's all the truth anyway, eh?).

Peace unto you. May the bliss of the believer come to your heart. Another fanofVan here.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Also try http://www.urantia.invisionzone.com for another forum and Rick's One Page a Day ministry and study group. And there are on-line classes (my wife and I are in our second one now) at the International Association's site, link at http://www.urantia.org and http://www.urantia-uai.org - both great sites for connectivity. There are many websites - some very true to the Revelation and others not so much - with music, video, art, poetry, and graphics.

Thank you very much for your reply, fanofVan! I have just started my search for fellow UB readers, (I have been reading for about 3 years so far) this should be an excellent start! I am already getting excited and thanks for responding so soon. I dont feel nearly as isolated already :)

A fellow Urantian :)

PostPosted:  

rick warren wrote:
Welcome. You might also try this site the younger readers just got going:

http://urantianow.com/

Thank you Rick Warren, I checked it out, it is nice to see the young generation so involved and even just wanting to do the Fathers Will is wonderful! Again, thank you :)

A fellow Urantian :)

PostPosted:  

Hello fellow Albertan :) . There is a urantia study group chatroom tonight at 7 p.m. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/symmetryof ... rse-part-1

I have had similar problems to you, there are a few older readers here in Calgary but they are much older than me and we don't really see eye to eye. Anywho's nice to see another Canadian reading the u.b! There are some urantia groups on facebook and I have added a lot of new readers off of those. I think I added over 200 readers from facebook groups alone :).

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Hello Tressa,
From way down south in the state of Texas.
I do not post too often but after reading your post I had to chime in and welcom you .

PostPosted:  

Thanks for your welcomes, Earl : )

PostPosted:  

Likewise...welcome!!!

Maryjo