Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri May 07, 2021 9:36 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Lab Rats
PostPosted:  

I am sure this post will be censored, but I have read some disturbing things in the UB and am just wondering if anyone sees the same thing.

It seems to me reading the UB texts and behind the texts that humans are nothing but lab rats, and life experiments.

The first thing that disturbs me is that they cannot tell us everything....they are hiding things.

1233.7) 112:5.11 The other is brought about by the restrictions placed upon my commission as a revelator of truth by the celestial governing authorities of Urantia. There are many interesting details which might be presented, but I withhold them upon the advice of your immediate planetary supervisors.

(1308.1) 119:0.1 CHIEF of the Evening Stars of Nebadon, I am assigned to Urantia by Gabriel on the mission of revealing the story of the seven bestowals of the Universe Sovereign, Michael of Nebadon, and my name is Gavalia. In making this presentation, I will adhere strictly to the limitations imposed by my commission.

But, they do reveal that we are an experimental world...

(565.12) 49:5.11 Experimental worlds are usually ideally adapted to the typical life forms, and on these decimal planets the Life Carriers attempt to produce beneficial variations in the standard life designs. Since your world is an experimental planet, it differs markedly from its sister spheres in Satania;

Why did our alien creators some time thousands of years ago cut our intelligence capacity by 80% and cut our life expectancy by 90%?? Why are they experimenting on us?

(566.1) 49:5.13 2. Brain-type series. The one physical uniformity of mortals is the brain and nervous system; nevertheless, there are three basic organizations of the brain mechanism: the one-, the two-, and the three-brained types. Urantians are of the two-brained type, somewhat more imaginative, adventurous, and philosophical than the one-brained mortals but somewhat less spiritual, ethical, and worshipful than the three-brained orders. These brain differences characterize even the prehuman animal existences.

They even admit it....

734.5) 65:4.1 Do not overlook the fact that Urantia was assigned to us as a life-experiment world. On this planet we made our sixtieth attempt to modify and, if possible, improve the Satania adaptation of the Nebadon life designs, and it is of record that we achieved numerous beneficial modifications of the standard life patterns. To be specific, on Urantia we worked out and have satisfactorily demonstrated not less than twenty-eight features of life modification which will be of service to all Nebadon throughout all future time.

(736.1) 65:4.10 On Urantia the endeavors of the Life Carriers to improve the Satania life patterns necessarily resulted in the production of many apparently useless forms of transition life. But the gains already accrued are sufficient to justify the Urantia modifications of the standard life designs.

(736.2) 65:4.11 It was our intention to produce an early manifestation of will in the evolutionary life of Urantia, and we succeeded. Ordinarily, will does not emerge until the colored races have long been in existence, usually first appearing among the superior types of the red man. Your world is the only planet in Satania where the human type of will has appeared in a precolored race.

They also admit that they are not here to make our life happy and easy, they want us to run around like a rat in a maze trying to figure things out while they watch...

1191.6) 108:5.5 They are called heavenly helpers, not earthly helpers. They are not interested in making the mortal career easy; rather are they concerned in making your life reasonably difficult and rugged, so that decisions will be stimulated and multiplied.

Just seems a little like we are jut lab rats and they are feeding us cheese.

Just my opinion.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Lab Rats
PostPosted:  

What! You don't like being part of a space/time experiment. You don't like the food, you don't like challenges, secrets or mysteries? The alternative is always available, eh?

PostPosted:  

freethinker67 wrote:
Quote:
The first thing that disturbs me is that they cannot tell us everything....they are hiding things.

101:4.2 Mankind should understand that we who participate in the revelation of truth are very rigorously limited by the instructions of our superiors. We are not at liberty to anticipate the scientific discoveries of a thousand years. Revelators must act in accordance with the instructions which form a part of the revelation mandate. We see no way of overcoming this difficulty, either now or at any future time. We full well know that, while the historic facts and religious truths of this series of revelatory presentations will stand on the records of the ages to come, within a few short years many of our statements regarding the physical sciences will stand in need of revision in consequence of additional scientific developments and new discoveries. These new developments we even now foresee, but we are forbidden to include such humanly undiscovered facts in the revelatory records. Let it be made clear that revelations are not necessarily inspired. The cosmology of these revelations is not inspired. It is limited by our permission for the co-ordination and sorting of present-day knowledge. [b]While divine or spiritual insight is a gift, human wisdom must evolve.[/b]

There you go, brother. There is the answer.

PostPosted:  

Hi Free:

I guess I am not too worried about being a rat. In fact I kinda like it.

If you stretch your perspective to its logical limit, then the whole universe is a "lab", filled with all types of rats!

It appears to be a fact that no one below the rank of the Suprime Being knows what the outcome of the whole universe evolution is gonna be, and he is not telling.

We rats here on the third rock from the sun are a bit more sheltered than most of the other universe rats as we are under a temporary info quarintine due to the bad behavior of a few charecters some odd 200 thousand years back (or so).

But no biggie, soon enough we will all graduate and then begin the biggest rat race of them all... the adventure of finding God for ourselves and within ourselves.

Gentlemen (and ladies)... Start yer Engines!!!

Al

PostPosted:  

I read throughout the UB that stress, problems, anxiety, and fears inhibits spiritual growth. Also those more intelligent humans experience faster spiritual growth.

So, it seems to me they are trying to control us and limit us. Maybe they do not want us growing so fast. Why did they confound our language? Why do they inhibit our spiritual growth?

Since we know about things like the lucifer rebellion and random accidents of time and space, it seems the universe isnt so perfect after all. Maybe the ones limiting and controlling us are not the totally friendly type??

I am not saying I beleive that, I am just opening it up for discussion.

PostPosted:  

ysmael u nailed it and marathon runner Al is just like any one of us racers!

paper 1 described the nature and expectation of God himself; even if our versions of expectations is far remote compraed to His, the GOOD news is he loves us and wants us to return to him. ie if we accept him and survive the marathon.

for too long man's mind/christians especially, had always humanised God. such behavior nurtured the next simple and obvious question,ie ' if there is a loving God, why are we suffering today'? and when TUB gave the reason behind it all, we still refuse to let go of the comfortable belief that a good God should be a child-spoiling-automaton-lazy-paradise bliss supplying father. obviously, it is not the case and comparatively, TUB is far better in explaining and revealing what the real takes are; naturally it brings discomfort even fear in us.

to compare an understandings of a cosmically big picture with a minute one from specks like ours is ridiculously inadequate; we specks always succumbed ( rigthly so) to our own make belief self-grandeur while at the same time being myopic of the grand universal scheme of things.
TUB plainly stated that they are not allowed to revealed far more than what is necessary and we are ready for; even if everything is told and given, our limited mind simply rendered them useless or even of non-existence/ non-reality. Science facts are not final and ultimate but simply among one of the countless process of the reality of the universe. Material forms/existence simply is just a means to built/nurtured a more preciously valuable one, the spirits. i saw truth in a saying which said;' human are just spirit beings having a physical body/experience.'

facts is, yes, we are cosmic rats (not a spoiled one at that!) having the race of our life for a far more divinely beautiful one. the race and experiment excites and strengthened me with hope and meaning to this earthly existen

PostPosted:  

I'm an ascending son of a great God with will dignity, human intellect, and possessing a temporary physical mechanism for the purpose building a soul from the stuff of Deity. This soul has the potential to learn, grow and eventually meet the God of its making. Know any rats like that?

PostPosted:  

(1807.5) 163:6.6 The next day being the Sabbath, Jesus went apart with the seventy and said to them: “I did indeed rejoice with you when you came back bearing the good tidings of the reception of the gospel of the kingdom by so many people scattered throughout Galilee, Samaria, and Judea. But why were you so surprisingly elated? Did you not expect that your message would manifest power in its delivery? Did you go forth with so little faith in this gospel that you come back in surprise at its effectiveness? And now, while I would not quench your spirit of rejoicing, I would sternly warn you against the subtleties of pride, spiritual pride. If you could understand the downfall of Lucifer, the iniquitous one, you would solemnly shun all forms of spiritual pride.

PostPosted:  

Was it pride or a fact true of us all, FT? You see us as God's rats, I see us a his sons and daughters.

Which is closer to the truth? Are you saying one of us is deluded, or just firing up debate? Socrates made you do it :?:

PostPosted:  

I am sayin that I read the UB with hope, love, and I strive to be like Jesus.
But, I still maintain a layer of skepticism. I have been fooled before and dont plan to follow blindly.
If I find real truth, it wont be in the UB, it will be through experiences and spiritual growth.

PostPosted:  

Freethinker67 wrote:

Quote:
If I find real truth, it wont be in the UB, it will be through experiences and spiritual growth.

Just as it should be. This is exactly what we are encouraged to do - it is what the religion of personal spiritual experience is all about.

The Urantia Book is a blueprint - a guide - a revelation - all of that and more...AND... people can get along without it, and many, many have gone before us without it.

My feeling though, is one of profound gratitude for having found it, as I am not sure I could have discovered the joy and security of that personal religion without it...also, I could never have found Jesus and the heavenly Father as I have through its teachings...

Pass the cheese...

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Except for the skepticism, that sounds Jesus-like.

Two of the most amazing and truth-laden facts I learned from the UB--is that God lives within, and we don't have to wait to become a child of God! Now is twice italicized here:

Quote:
...One was self-sufficient; the other was teachable and truth-seeking. The poor in spirit seek for goals of spiritual wealth--for God. And such seekers after truth do not have to wait for rewards in a distant future; they are rewarded now. They find the kingdom of heaven within their own hearts, and they experience such happiness now....P.1574

PostPosted:  

"But honest doubts and sincere questionings are not sin; such attitudes merely spell delay in the progressive journey toward perfection attainment. Childlike trust secures man’s entrance into the kingdom of heavenly ascent, but progress is wholly dependent on the vigorous exercise of the robust and confident faith of the full-grown man. "

"When I asked you to become as little children as the price of entering the kingdom, I referred not to ease of deception, mere willingness to believe, nor to quickness to trust pleasing strangers. What I did desire that you should gather from the illustration was the child-father relationship. You are the child, and it is your Father's kingdom you seek to enter. There is present that natural affection between every normal child and its father which insures an understanding and loving relationship, and which forever precludes all disposition to bargain for the Father's love and mercy. And the gospel you are going forth to preach has to do with a salvation growing out of the faith-realization of this very and eternal child-father relationship."

PostPosted:  

Amen, and AMEN!!!

PostPosted:  

"I'm an ascending son of a great God with will dignity, human intellect, and possessing a temporary physical mechanism for the purpose building a soul from the stuff of Deity. This soul has the potential to learn, grow and eventually meet the God of its making. Know any rats like that?"

Sounds like this little ol rat right here!