Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun May 16, 2021 9:41 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

(364.3) 32:5.1 There is a great and glorious purpose in the march of the universes through space. All of your mortal struggling is not in vain. We are all part of an immense plan, a gigantic enterprise, and it is the vastness of the undertaking that renders it impossible to see very much of it at any one time and during any one life. We are all a part of an eternal project which the Gods are supervising and outworking. The whole marvelous and universal mechanism moves on majestically through space to the music of the meter of the infinite thought and the eternal purpose of the First Great Source and Center.

we get to start at the lowest and gain the highest creature experience, what could be less in vain than that? the music of the meter of the infinite thought is a nice way that they look at it.

(364.4) 32:5.2 The eternal purpose of the eternal God is a high spiritual ideal. The events of time and the struggles of material existence are but the transient scaffolding which bridges over to the other side, to the promised land of spiritual reality and supernal existence. Of course, you mortals find it difficult to grasp the idea of an eternal purpose; you are virtually unable to comprehend the thought of eternity, something never beginning and never ending. Everything familiar to you has an end.

the temporary structure is the scaffolding. creation does actually have a beginning, god by himself and then paradise and the eternal son. (73.2) 6:0.2 We speak of God’s “first” thought and allude to an impossible time origin of the Eternal Son for the purpose of gaining access to the thought channels of the human intellect. 98.1) 9:0.1 A STRANGE thing occurred when, in the presence of Paradise, the Universal Father and the Eternal Son unite to personalize themselves. Nothing in this eternity situation foreshadows that the Conjoint Actor would personalize as an unlimited spirituality co-ordinated with absolute mind and endowed with unique prerogatives of energy manipulation. (91.1) 8:1.4 The God of Action functions and the dead vaults of space are astir. One billion perfect spheres flash into existence. Prior to this hypothetical eternity moment the space-energies inherent in Paradise are existent and potentially operative, but they have no actuality of being; neither can physical gravity be measured except by the reaction of material realities to its incessant pull.

that which has a beginning, and reality does have a beginning, has an ending. it would be too much conjecture to say that all of creation ends at some point as the gods have not said so. but logic dictates that when all of creation is settled in light and life, then does all of creation disappear and start over again.

(364.6) 32:5.4 To me it seems more fitting, for purposes of explanation to the mortal mind, to conceive of eternity as a cycle and the eternal purpose as an endless circle, a cycle of eternity in some way synchronized with the transient material cycles of time. As regards the sectors of time connected with, and forming a part of, the cycle of eternity, we are forced to recognize that such temporary epochs are born, live, and die just as the temporary beings of time are born, live, and die. Most human beings die because, having failed to achieve the spirit level of Adjuster fusion, the metamorphosis of death constitutes the only possible procedure whereby they may escape the fetters of time and the bonds of material creation, thereby being enabled to strike spiritual step with the progressive procession of eternity. Having survived the trial life of time and material existence, it becomes possible for you to continue on in touch with, even as a part of, eternity, swinging on forever with the worlds of space around the circle of the eternal ages.

"most" is a kind word here, virtually all. they say that there are so few fusions on this planet that it is an emergency in a sense. (1207.6) 110:4.6 For many thousands of years, so the records of Jerusem show, in each generation there have lived fewer and fewer beings who could function safely with self-acting Adjusters. This is an alarming picture, and the supervising personalities of Satania look with favor upon the proposals of some of your more immediate planetary supervisors who advocate the inauguration of measures designed to foster and conserve the higher spiritual types of the Urantia races.

(365.3) 32:5.7 There is in the mind of God a plan which embraces every creature of all his vast domains, and this plan is an eternal purpose of boundless opportunity, unlimited progress, and endless life. And the infinite treasures of such a matchless career are yours for the striving!

virtually eternal, and it's much better to go through existence morally majestic and one with my thought adjuster. for my deepest peace, joy, happiness and love, living in the function of god as he would have me live, perfect sychronicity with him is essential.

(365.4) 32:5.8 The goal of eternity is ahead! The adventure of divinity attainment lies before you! The race for perfection is on! whosoever will may enter, and certain victory will crown the efforts of every human being who will run the race of faith and trust, depending every step of the way on the leading of the indwelling Adjuster and on the guidance of that good spirit of the Universe Son, which so freely has been poured out upon all flesh.

they are all really good writers, highly optimistic, and you can tell they're very happy.

(365.5) 32:5.9 [Presented by a Mighty Messenger temporarily attached to the Supreme Council of Nebadon and assigned to this mission by Gabriel of Salvington.]

might·y   /ˈmaɪti/ Show Spelled
[mahy-tee] Show IPA
adjective, might·i·er, might·i·est, adverb, noun
–adjective
1. having, characterized by, or showing superior power or strength: mighty rulers.
2. of great size; huge: a mighty oak.
3. great in amount, extent, degree, or importance; exceptional: a mighty accomplishment.

mighty messenger sounds a little spacy and reminds me of mighty mouse, but it's not really. according to the definition of mighty it's simply a messenger of superior power and strength and great in extent and importance, exactly what i would expect from a spirit who has attained paradise.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

HI rich 8)
''but logic dictates that when all of creation is settled in light and life, then does all of creation disappear and start over again.''

That Doesnt sound Logical at All ,
WHY Would GOD Create and thru Dieties co create a
Perfect creation to evolve into a Grand Universe/s
settled in light and life , Just To Erase it as if it never were .
There is No Reason for doing that .
Its the Foundation for His Future Plans .
'' The central universe IS The Creation of Eternity . '' 12.1.8
THE Bigger Picture of the Puzzel mystery ...
IS ... THE Uncharted and Unprevaded Outer Space Levels
To be used for future eternal Creation and Service .

The Purpose for the THE Uncharted and Unprevaded four Outer Space Levels ... has a Grand Eternal Purpose .

TO Erase the Foundation of that Isnt Logical .

12.1.8 The Outer space Levels.
Far out in space, at an enormous distance from the seven inhabited superuniverses, there are assembling vast and unbelievably stupendous circuits of force and materializing energies. Between the energy circuits of the seven superuniverses and this gigantic outer belt of force activity, there is a space zone of comparative quiet, which varies in width but averages about four hundred thousand light-years. These space zones are free from star dust — cosmic fog. Our students of these phenomena are in doubt as to the exact status of the space-forces existing in this zone of relative quiet which encircles the seven superuniverses. But about one-half million light-years beyond the periphery of the present grand universe we observe the beginnings of a zone of an unbelievable energy action which increases in volume and intensity for over twenty-five million light-years. These tremendous wheels of energizing forces are situated in the first outer space level, a continuous belt of cosmic activity encircling the whole of the known, organized, and inhabited creation.

12.1.9 Still greater activities are taking place beyond these regions, for the Uversa physicists have detected early evidence of force manifestations more than fifty million light-years beyond the outermost ranges of the phenomena in the first outer space level. These activities undoubtedly presage the organization of the material creations of the second outer space level of the master universe.

12.1.10 The central universe is the creation of eternity; the seven superuniverses are the creations of time; the four outer space levels are undoubtedly destined to eventuate-evolve the ultimacy of creation. And there are those who maintain that the Infinite can never attain full expression short of infinity; and therefore do they postulate an additional and unrevealed creation beyond the fourth and outermost space level, a possible ever-expanding, never-ending universe of infinity. In theory we do not know how to limit either the infinity of the Creator or the potential infinity of creation, but as it exists and is administered, we regard the master universe as having limitations, as being definitely delimited and bounded on its outer margins by open space.

12.2.1 2. THE DOMAINS OF THE UNQUALIFIED ABSOLUTE When Urantia astronomers peer through their increasingly powerful telescopes into the mysterious stretches of outer space and there behold the amazing evolution of almost countless physical universes, they should realize that they are gazing upon the mighty outworking of the unsearchable plans of the Architects of the Master Universe. True, we do possess evidences which are suggestive of the presence of certain Paradise personality influences here and there throughout the vast energy manifestations now characteristic of these outer regions, but from the larger viewpoint the space regions extending beyond the outer borders of the seven superuniverses are generally recognized as constituting the domains of the Unqualified Absolute.

12.2.2 Although the unaided human eye can see only two or three nebulae outside the borders of the superuniverse of Orvonton, your telescopes literally reveal millions upon millions of these physical universes in process of formation. Most of the starry realms visually exposed to the search of your present-day telescopes are in Orvonton, but with photographic technique the larger telescopes penetrate far beyond the borders of the grand universe into the domains of outer space, where untold universes are in process of organization. And there are yet other millions of universes beyond the range of your present instruments.

12.2.3 In the not-distant future, new telescopes will reveal to the wondering gaze of Urantian astronomers no less than 375 million new galaxies in the remote stretches of outer space. At the same time these more powerful telescopes will disclose that many island universes formerly believed to be in outer space are really a part of the galactic system of Orvonton. The seven superuniverses are still growing; the periphery of each is gradually expanding; new nebulae are constantly being stabilized and organized; and some of the nebulae which Urantian astronomers regard as extragalactic are actually on the fringe of Orvonton and are traveling along with us.

12.2.4 The Uversa star students observe that the grand universe is surrounded by the ancestors of a series of starry and planetary clusters which completely encircle the present inhabited creation as concentric rings of outer universes upon universes. The physicists of Uversa calculate that the energy and matter of these outer and uncharted regions already equal many times the total material mass and energy charge embraced in all seven superuniverses. We are informed that the metamorphosis of cosmic force in these outer space levels is a function of the Paradise force organizers. We also know that these forces are ancestral to those physical energies which at present activate the grand universe. The Orvonton power directors, however, have nothing to do with these far-distant realms, neither are the energy movements therein discernibly connected with the power circuits of the organized and inhabited creations.

PostPosted:  

maybe, i just think that when there are no more beings to perfect, that there wouldn't be that much of eternal interest anymore, and it would be more agreeable to just end all of creation. if it does end, it must start back up again. what's that other urantia forum i've seen you on, i think there's a couple others you go to and that i've seen you on, in the past. could you tell me their names? thanks, rich i'm not referring to ubron or urantia-uai, there's a couple other more remote ones i'm thinking of.

PostPosted:  

4.1.6 The Universal Father has not withdrawn from the management of the universes; he is not an inactive Deity. IF GOD should retire as the present upholder of all creation, there would immediately occur a universal collapse. Except for God, there would be no such thing as reality. At this very moment, as during the remote ages of the past and in the eternal future, God continues to uphold. The divine reach extends around the circle of eternity. The universe is not wound up like a clock to run just so long and then cease to function; all things are constantly being renewed. The Father unceasingly pours forth energy, light, and life. The work of God is literal as well as spiritual. “He stretches out the north over the empty space and hangs the earth upon nothing.”

PostPosted:  

Yea thats why I love God in the Urantia Book, he is infinitely and eternally creative.....theres alway's going to be something new and surprising happening because of god.

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

that paragraph coop, proves my point, without god upholding everything there would be no reality. since everything's done that can be done, i surmise that after the light and life of the outer space levels god will end it and start it all up again. tub is not going to say that however to the little children of urantia.

PostPosted:  

http://www.youtube.com/user/boomshuka

my favorite human humble way for me to live: the quickest way for a tadpole to become a frog is to live each moment loyally as a tadpole.

boomshuka wrote:
Yea thats why I love God in the Urantia Book, he is infinitely and eternally creative.....theres alway's going to be something new and surprising happening because of god.

always is true in the infinitely long sense, that doesn't mean that shakespeare's phrase to be or not to be, that is the question is wrong. to talk of infinity now at this early stage of creation is well enough, but in the eternal future, why would it just sit in perfection at the end? why not dissipate all of creation and start it all over again? what's wrong with that? it makes sense to me. i'm talking unknown trillions of years from now. wouldn't it be a good thing to say, i've had enough with existence, let's start it all over again after a nice sleep.

PostPosted:  

You are assuming that there will be a limit to what is created?......and that there will be some stoppage of new being's and a limit to space itself?....The entire universe can be measured in god's palm, what has been created so far after trillions and trillion's of year's is nothing compared to God. The size of the entire universe is nothing compared to the size of god, the cosmo's cannot contain him. I think all revelation's of the past have underistimated God and just what he is capable of. God's creative power is UNLIMITED. That mean's there will never be a limit or end to reality!...So we will never be satasfied...because there will always be more reality to discover...new personality's.... new being's...new universe's...new energy's....there will alway's be a changing universe.

Even the perfected being's never get bored though, an entire new universe is being formed. Creation can go on eternally because God's creative ability's are infinite. There will alway's be new adventure's for all being's into eternity even the highest ones god has a eternal plan for all of his creation. That is what makes god so miraculous and amazing, and thats why the God in the U.B book is the most amazing revelation of God yet (IMO). Why ever quit and start over when there will always be more of god to discover?.. and there will alway's be more new creation to discover? There will alway's be new dynamic relationships forming.

I think we all think everything has an ending, and at some point things get boring and everything has a conclusion, but god being eternal and infinite the only "I AM" we will never fully discover god, "his plans are unsearchable". So why not have fun discovering more and more of our father who is the The most amazing being in the universe forever and ever, it seem's like the best disney adventure I can imagine hahaha.

But yea of coarse we can chose to be or not to be though, and that is amazing. If we don't want this eternal adventure of eternal service and fellowship, we can choose to say no to it and let all of what we are be as though it has never been. Though I can't wrap my mind around why anyone would want that after learning of all the good new's of whats in store.

The more and more real we become I think the more and more we will see how amazing life really is, I think the more and more amazing life becomes. Not to mention God has the ability to be an infinite number of location's at the same time, so he can literlaly be a father to you individually, emono emono. As well to everyone else all at once.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Well Said Boom 8)
AMEN

''At this very moment, as during the remote ages of the past and in the eternal future, God continues to uphold. The divine reach extends around the circle of eternity. The universe is not wound up like a clock to run just so long and then cease to function; all things are constantly being renewed. The Father unceasingly pours forth energy, light, and life. The work of God is literal as well as spiritual.''

P.643 - §5 Ascendant finaliters, having been born in the local universes, nurtured in the superuniverses, and trained in the central universe, embrace in their personal experiences the full potential of the comprehension of the time-space divinity of God the Sevenfold unifying in the Supreme. Finaliters serve successively in superuniverses other than those of nativity, thereby superimposing experience upon experience until the fullness of the sevenfold diversity of possible creature experience has been encompassed. Through the ministry of the indwelling Adjusters the finaliters are enabled to find the Universal Father, but it is by these techniques of experience that such finaliters come really to know the Supreme Being, and they are destined to the service and the revelation of this Supreme Deity in and to the future universes of outer space.

PostPosted:  

tub agrees with you boom. (1160.16) 105:7.18 And it is altogether possible that the continued diversification of the original reality of the First Source and Center may proceed onward and outward throughout age upon age, on and on, into the faraway and inconceivable stretches of absolute infinity. (130.2) 12:1.16 And there are those who maintain that the Infinite can never attain full expression short of infinity; and therefore do they postulate an additional and unrevealed creation beyond the fourth and outermost space level, a possible ever-expanding, never-ending universe of infinity.

the book says there are four outer space levels, i conjecture that that fourth one may actually manifest as three so that there are seven total outer space levels because tub only speaks of two outer space levels, but lists four. (130.1) 12:1.15 Still greater activities are taking place beyond these regions, for the Uversa physicists have detected early evidence of force manifestations more than fifty million light-years beyond the outermost ranges of the phenomena in the first outer space level. These activities undoubtedly presage the organization of the material creations of the second outer space level of the master universe. (130.2) 12:1.16 The central universe is the creation of eternity; the seven superuniverses are the creations of time; the four outer space levels are undoubtedly destined to eventuate-evolve the ultimacy of creation. And there are those who maintain that the Infinite can never attain full expression short of infinity; and therefore do they postulate an additional and unrevealed creation beyond the fourth and outermost space level, a possible ever-expanding, never-ending universe of infinity. In theory we do not know how to limit either the infinity of the Creator or the potential infinity of creation, but as it exists and is administered, we regard the master universe as having limitations, as being definitely delimited and bounded on its outer margins by open space.

there's nothing wrong with your opinion, but it is just that, conjecture and i conjecture that i would rather end and start again after seven completed levels of creation.

PostPosted:  

recycling everything seem's odd though. what about all the personality's in existance? where will they live? surly you would not have them disentegrated into meaningless matter just so everything can recycle itself?.....That seem's rather misanthropic considering?

Why would a father take away his children's home's and or lives just so he can expiriment and or create new reality? Seem's kind of silly....

If there is something new to create why not just keep expanding?

To desire all of existance to end seem's like one of the most unstable of desire's I have ever heard. That would be the equivelent of destroying all life as we know it.....I don't understand why anyone would desire this?

In essense what you are putting forth is a plan of destruction and death, have you thought about that?

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

if i and everyone else are eternally perfect for hundreds, maybe millions of trillions of years and god decides to end it and start it all over again, it could be a good thing. (141.2) 12:9.1 Every phase of personality experience on every successive level of universe progression swarms with clues to the discovery of alluring personal realities.

a baby doesn't know where it comes from, it's fresh life is all it knows. this is our most simple clue that god ends it and starts it over. when all beings are perfected for an eternally long time, it could be wanted that it end and start over. there are many compensations in tub, one is that beings who are executed by the ancients of days are only taking their leave early, everyone disappears in some eternal future.

boomshuka wrote:
If there is something new to create why not just keep expanding?

the fact is that the book talks about a current limit to all of creation which inherently has in it an end. why keep expanding when it can be ended and started over again, and all the beings return?

PostPosted:  

Thats Nonsense

The Watchword of the Universe IS PROGRESS
AND EVOLUTION !

4.1.2 Can you not advance in your concept of God’s dealing with man to that level where you recognize that the watchword of the universe is progress? Through long ages the human race has struggled to reach its present position. Throughout all these millenniums Providence has been working out the plan of progressive evolution. The two thoughts are not opposed in practice, only in man’s mistaken concepts. Divine providence is never arrayed in opposition to true human progress, either temporal or spiritual. Providence is always consistent with the unchanging and perfect nature of the supreme Lawmaker.

Last edited by coop on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:31 pm +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

I'm sorry to have to ask this but.....isn't this just a waste of time? I mean, do we not have enough to occupy our minds?

Never mind
:roll:

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Nunsense is a musical comedy with a book, music, and lyrics by Dan Goggin. what does progress have to do with what could theoretically happen hundreds of trillions of years from now?

jak wrote:
I'm sorry to have to ask this but.....isn't this just a waste of time? I mean, do we not have enough to occupy our minds?

Never mind
:roll:

i have no idea why these guys are arguing with me over an eternally long way away hypothetical.