Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:40 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:31 pm +0000
Posts: 296
Location: Brea CA,
If this gentlemen isn't a Urantia Book reader he could definitely fool me O:) I love this song and he is one of my new favorite artist... The Youth love him... <---OMG I just said the youth and not referring to myself for the first time! Wow 30 has all sorts of new changes in my life... I love the message this song shares, and like the other song I posted here I'll also put the lyrics as well. God Bless and Happy Easter to all

Trevor Hall - Unity lyrics

Oh
Yeah
Take me to the table where we all dine together
And pluck me from the crowd and return me to my sender
Whatever path you follow push on till tomorrow
Love all serve all and create no sorrow
So many rivers but they all reach the sea
They telling me he's different but I just don't believe it
Love is the goal yes, and everyone shall reach it
Who ever seeks it
Seen and unseen

I don't want a reason anymore about the one I love, the one I love
I don't want a reason anymore about God above, God above
I just want to melt away, in all His grace
Drift away, into that sacred place
Where there's no more you and me, no more they and we, just unity yeah yeah, just unity yeah yeah, just unity yeah yeah, just unity yeah yeah

Well I don't wana count the leaves of the mango tree
I just want to taste it's sweetness
So you can defeat this above and beneath this
Yeah
Come one and all, come stand tall
And whatever your approaching dance or meditation
If you got love along than you shall reach the station
You find a road, the supreme abode
In this city all hearts shine like gold

Don't want a reason anymore about the one I love, the one I love
I don't want a reason anymore about God above, God above
I just want to melt away, in all His grace
Drift away, into that sacred place
Where there's no more you and me, no more they and we, just unity yeah, just unity, just unity, unity, just unity

Me and Jesus, Buddah, Moses, and Gouranga
All dance around, dancing on your thunder
Drunk on the wine of love for thee
Well tell me when will I be blessed to join the bliss of your company
Blissful company goes from sea to sea
From the depths of the valley to the mountain peaks
So many stories and so many fables of how the king sings of how the wall wails
Jerusalem to the Holy Himalayas
From Mount Zion to the hills of Jamaica
All land is holy, all land is sacred
All shall leave this world completely naked
Completely naked, completely

I don't want a reason anymore about the one I love, the one I love
I don't want a reason anymore about God above, God above
I just want to melt away, in all His grace
Drift away, into that sacred place
Where there's no more you and me no more they and we just unity oh yeah
Where there's no more you and me no more they and we just unity just unity
Where there's no more you and me no more they and we just unity yeah yeah just unity yeah yeah just unity yeah yeah just unity yeah yeah


_________________
Love is the desire to do good to others...
laughter is the universal elixir, and we are chalk full of it!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:14 pm +0000
Posts: 281
8) beautiful lyrics indeed O:)

Quote:
I just want to melt away, in all His grace
Drift away, into that sacred place
Where there's no more you and me, no more they and we, just unity yeah, just unity


peace


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:31 pm +0000
Posts: 296
Location: Brea CA,
the part you quoted is my favorite part! It's a human showing love for the father of all.... I love that!

_________________
Love is the desire to do good to others...
laughter is the universal elixir, and we are chalk full of it!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:44 am +0000
Posts: 1773
Not to break the mood here . . . but . . .

TUB does not teach that type of unity, where there's no more you and me. That type of unity is more like Buddhism. It kinda sounds New Agie too . . . like can't we all just get along . . . man you're beautiful . . . I love you, man . . . come on, give us a hug.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:31 pm +0000
Posts: 296
Location: Brea CA,
Quote:
Not to break the mood here . . . but . . .


:lol: hahaha

Quote:
TUB does not teach that type of unity, where there's no more you and me.


I think you are right... But then again not everyone is ready for TUB ether... I think it's a great step in the right direction O:) :D

BTW I never said this guy is teaching the UB through his music, I said if he wasn't a UB reader I would be surprised... I think the song is breaking down the sovereignty and taking a step towards accepting all religions... That is VERY UB, and in my opinion nothing close to "New Agie" but I can understand how it would seem like that to some people.

_________________
Love is the desire to do good to others...
laughter is the universal elixir, and we are chalk full of it!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:44 am +0000
Posts: 1773
You're a good sport Dave. It seems that I've taken on the responsibility for being the one to point out TUB teachings even when it's not always necessary. I get your point.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 am +0000
Posts: 1945
Bonita wrote:
TUB does not teach that type of unity, where there's no more you and me. That type of unity is more like Buddhism. ...

Not to be argumentative, but philosophically there is only one type of unity: oneness. TUB teaches absolute unity in the form of the First Source and Center. It also teaches that all apparent finite separateness and things and matter are not exactly real. And such unity can be experienced (no more you and me). And this is not fundamentally different from Buddhism, except for the fact that Buddhism may not recognize the 'infinite absolute' as God.. :)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:31 pm +0000
Posts: 296
Location: Brea CA,
thank you sister :biggrin: I'm working on accepting others opinions especially when they differ from my own... I never gave it much thought until our last topic but ever since I have been giving energy towards working on it! I want to die being known as a "good sport" not as I am now... So hopefully I live a while since that one is not easy to tackle ; )

_________________
Love is the desire to do good to others...
laughter is the universal elixir, and we are chalk full of it!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:44 am +0000
Posts: 1773
Bart wrote:
Bonita wrote:
TUB does not teach that type of unity, where there's no more you and me. That type of unity is more like Buddhism. ...

Not to be argumentative, but philosophically there is only one type of unity: oneness. TUB teaches absolute unity in the form of the First Source and Center. It also teaches that all apparent finite separateness and things and matter are not exactly real. And such unity can be experienced (no more you and me). And this is not fundamentally different from Buddhism, except for the fact that Buddhism may not recognize the 'infinite absolute' as God.. :)


Bart, that is your interpretation of what TUB says. TUB does not teach that the finite is unreal. It says that the finite seems unreal to those who are pure spirit, just as pure spirit seems unreal to creatures who are finite. It is all real. God could not support something which is unreal. The only thing that is unreal is sin.

Besides, the ascension plan is aimed at triunity.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 am +0000
Posts: 1945
But don't you think 'no more you and me' is an exact expression of the UB concept of brotherhood..?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:47 am +0000
Posts: 171
Back to the original point...

I love this song! The artist's passion and love for God is palpable in his performance. I'll certainly be checking out more of his music. Thank you for sharing this, Brother Dave!

_________________
"If a man places a gulf between himself and God, this gulf will bring fear. But if a man finds the support of the Invisible and Ineffable, he is free from fear." --from the Taittiriya Upanishad


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:44 am +0000
Posts: 1773
Bart wrote:
But don't you think 'no more you and me' is an exact expression of the UB concept of brotherhood..?


NO, NO, NO TUB teaches that we always retain our own unique individuality. God created us different for a reason. TUB teaches that brotherhood is achieved through spiritual unity and spiritual unity has nothing to do with "no more you and me". It has to do with allowing all the different individuals in all of the universes to retain their unique individuality along with unique personal experience, while learning to function with unity of spiritual insight. That means that you and I will still be you and I and they and us will still be they and us. For the unity of brotherhood to work, we have to learn that what makes each of us different is not as important as what makes us alike, the indwelling spirit; and, we need to do this without demanding that people's differences be abolished. That would be catastrophic because they are an invaluable part of the Supreme.

Quote:
p1732:02 The religion of the spirit requires only unity of experience--uniformity of destiny--making full allowance for diversity of belief. The religion of the spirit requires only uniformity of insight, not uniformity of viewpoint and outlook. The religion of the spirit does not demand uniformity of intellectual views, only unity of spirit feeling.

p1591:6 141:5.1 One of the most eventful of all the evening conferences at Amathus, was the session having to do with the discussion of spiritual unity. James Zebedee had asked, "Master, how shall we learn to see alike and thereby enjoy more harmony among ourselves?" When Jesus heard this question, he was stirred within his spirit, so much so that he replied: "James, James, when did I teach you that you should all see alike? I have come into the world to proclaim spiritual liberty to the end that mortals may be empowered to live individual lives of originality and freedom before God. I do not desire that social harmony and fraternal peace shall be purchased by the sacrifice of free personality and spiritual originality. What I require of you, my apostles, is spirit unity—and that you can experience in the joy of your united dedication to the wholehearted doing of the will of my Father in heaven. You do not have to see alike or feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike. Spiritual unity is derived from the consciousness that each of you is indwelt, and increasingly dominated, by the spirit gift of the heavenly Father. Your apostolic harmony must grow out of the fact that the spirit hope of each of you is identical in origin, nature, and destiny.

149.3.3 When Jesus first met with the evangelists at the Bethsaida camp, in concluding his address, he said: “You should remember that in body and mind — emotionally — men react individually. The only uniform thing about men is the indwelling spirit. Though divine spirits may vary somewhat in the nature and extent of their experience, they react uniformly to all spiritual appeals. Only through, and by appeal to, this spirit can mankind ever attain unity and brotherhood.”

155.6.8 Every race of mankind has its own mental outlook upon human existence; therefore must the religion of the mind ever run true to these various racial viewpoints. Never can the religions of authority come to unification. Human unity and mortal brotherhood can be achieved only by and through the superendowment of the religion of the spirit. Racial minds may differ, but all mankind is indwelt by the same divine and eternal spirit. The hope of human brotherhood can only be realized when, and as, the divergent mind religions of authority become impregnated with, and overshadowed by, the unifying and ennobling religion of the spirit — the religion of personal spiritual experience.

195.10.11 The living Jesus is the only hope of a possible unification of Christianity. The true church — the Jesus brotherhood — is invisible, spiritual, and is characterized by unity, not necessarily by uniformity. Uniformity is the earmark of the physical world of mechanistic nature. Spiritual unity is the fruit of faith union with the living Jesus. The visible church should refuse longer to handicap the progress of the invisible and spiritual brotherhood of the kingdom of God. And this brotherhood is destined to become a living organism in contrast to an institutionalized social organization. It may well utilize such social organizations, but it must not be supplanted by them.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 am +0000
Posts: 1945
OK, OK. But certain spiritual experiences may show that we all ultimately come from the same source. Let's say, there's 'infinitely less you and me'..


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:44 am +0000
Posts: 1773
Can't say that. I will be all there, I don't know about you though. But I'll be looking for you, even if there is less of you, which I doubt. I'm not sure if you read all my other posts or not, but I explained that personality never changes. Therefore, it cannot be less.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unity
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:10 am +0000
Posts: 1945
Bonita wrote:
Can't say that. I will be all there, I don't know about you though. But I'll be looking for you, even if there is less of you, which I doubt. I'm not sure if you read all my other posts or not, but I explained that personality never changes. Therefore, it cannot be less.

We strive to be like God. So ultimately we can't be that different. Thus your personality can be 'all there' and yet be almost entirely the same as my personality (infinitely less you and me)..


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Registered users: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group