Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:46 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted:  

God is good and definately has a good sense of humor. For the last 3 months I have been looking for work. Lots of resumes, high hopes, jobs falling through...you know the scene :? I also needed a good rest and admit feeling guilty sleeping so much...plus I did lots of reading in the UB (what a treat)...well I got a job! It's for KECK OBSERVATORY :smile: headquartered in our little town of Waimea. They have the telescopes atop Mauna Kea. The offices are out of this world with crystal-like domes in the reception area and the halls are lined with beautiful photos of our Father's universe that they have taken. All the astronomers are there in a secured wing working on their projects. They are not at the summit as I thought. All research is done on computers of what the telescopes are focused on...I am in the accounting dept and it is nice and quiet and a nice group of people. I told them I was a jr. astronomer and they lit up and very welcoming...I had to share my delight today and one can imagine how my grateful prayers went Paradise bound...Only other readers could appreciate the experience of working in this environment...Aloha :smile:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Congrats Sis, tell those astronomers I said how lucky they are to get you! :wink:

It could not have happend to a nicer person!

Bro Dave
:smile: :smile: :smile:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Good for you Mary!!
Nobody deserves a good break more then you.
You mean ... the..Keck telescope? :shock: Wow!

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thanks so much guys...I know you mean that...Yup Mark that's the one 8) You can google in Keck hawaii etc. and check out there site. Shows recent discoveries and also the hub where I work. and don't forget the upcoming event in August with Mars I believe is very close to earth. Suppose to be almost as big as the moon... :shock: I am sure I will find out soon...plus a whole lot more.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

:razz: wow , keck observatory :!: god is good . congrats tootsie. :smile:

you go girl ! they are blessed to have you. :wink: yes i think god does have a sense of humor also , as when we seem to be at the end of our rope and out of options, he comes along and bless's us with something even greater than we could possibly imagine . and as your a blessing to us all , so will you also be to all the keck emp.

best wish's to you allways :smile:
faith son ....coop

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Tootsie wrote:
...and don't forget the upcoming event in August with Mars I believe is very close to earth. Suppose to be almost as big as the moon... :shock: I am sure I will find out soon...plus a whole lot more.

FWIW, this myth has been on the internet for a while. Mars isn't going to appear a large as the Moon, it's going to be about as bright as the Moon...

Bro Dave :wink:

PostPosted:  

Hi Tootsie:

I very happy for you :smile: Congrats on your new blessing, keep the faith many more are on their way :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Whoops Bro... :roll: I better learn to dummy up and listen more huh? but say did you see where Caltech discovered a planet past Pluto? Now this I heard on tonight news...this is going to be very interesting now in the lunch room with these folks. It's so quiet there...offices everywhere with peopled glued to their computer screens, clicking away. I figured out how I am going to do this...I am going to order a necklace (concentric circles) from Morning Star and if there are any readers in the bunch they can approach me...I wonder what God is up to... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Tootsie, I just got a link about this this morning,

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0 ... lanet.html

It is actually BIGGER than Pluto...
Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Right on...

One of many?

The object is inclined by a whopping 45 degrees to the main plane of the solar system, where most of the other planets orbit. That's why it eluded discovery: nobody was looking there until now, Brown said.

I also perked up when I saw the name...2003UB313 8) So had to go check if pg 313 had anything to do with our system...Snoop dog...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]