Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:37 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Re: Squabbling
PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
To answer your question: I miss nodamanav. Looking back on that conversation, he was one of the many people whom You pushed him away, Bradley. Certainly your intention to provide a unique interpretation of tUB is good, but the way that you force "its" message is too much for others.

Hmmmmmmm...... Sigh...........

That's a curious and baseless accusation to make. Whom do you know me to have pushed away? And what makes you think I drove Enno away or anywhere at all? A review of the link above does not support your opinion. Neither does a review of Enno's posts and record here:

search.php?author_id=16392&sr=posts

Enno and I certainly did have our disagreements, most notably regarding his posted topic Dangers of the Urantia Book:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5332

Enno is always welcome here or any group I may attend. We certainly do not disagree about everything.

Your opinion of me is no secret and has a long record here. So be it.

And my interpretation of the UB is it says what it says. And doesn't say what it doesn't. And the authors wrote what they meant. And meant what they wrote. Unlike so many others who attend here...if you know what/who I mean????

Bradly :roll: 8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:21 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

This is from an older thread I posted April 28, 2017 Titled: Representation

xobeht wrote:
Dear Friends,
I have been on this site for a few years. Unfortunately our site is following the Internet trends. The Internet has become a place where discourse can turn into viciousness in an instant. With the faceless freedom inherent in an anonymous post, one can easily offer viciously offensive and brutal remarks like what can be found here on our Religious forum.

My contention is this... We represent the Urantia Book to the world and when we post, we need to respect the fact that the entire planet has access to our comments.

I would expect forum participants who claim to be avid readers to show, at minimum, a responsibility to the highest Religious standard, one that is representative of the Master, Jesus.

Regardless of the fact that you are human and prone to errors, you and I can still strive for an impeccable standard of morality, even further a high and perhaps righteous standard of behavior that is representative of a superior Religious attitude.

If we are want to be Urantia Book Christians, Jesusonian in nature, then I say that the practice thereof starts here at this forum.

It is high time we cease to banter, instigate, inflame, taunt, torment and discredit another participant to whom you do not agree with. That type of behavior is the opposite of Religious attitude and we as Urantia Book readers would do well in our positive representation to refrain from such distasteful acts of immaturity.

We are the Internet representation of the Urantia Book to the entire world. This revelation lives or dies in the minds of potential seekers based on how we are viewed...on just how we act towards each other here.

Sincerely,
Paul

I cannot see how a request to make a more "God Centered" or "Love Inspired" or "Brotherly Love filled" type of forum would come with complaints from those who post here.
How difficult would it be for us to make an effort to display a higher spiritual maturity and a greater LOVE toward those here whom we do not agree with--for all who may happen upon this forum from the outside looking in.

Said Jesus:

192:2.8 (2048.4) Then Jesus turned to James, asking, “James, do you trust me?” And of course James replied, “Yes, Master, I trust you with all my heart.” Then said Jesus: “James, if you trust me more, you will be less impatient with your brethren. If you will trust me, it will help you to be kind to the brotherhood of believers. Learn to weigh the consequences of your sayings and your doings. Remember that the reaping is in accordance with the sowing. Pray for tranquillity of spirit and cultivate patience. These graces, with living faith, shall sustain you when the hour comes to drink the cup of sacrifice. But never be dismayed; when you are through on earth, you shall also come to be with me.”

Paul

PostPosted:  

I agree with you Paul. A "higher spiritual maturity" is certainly an ideal worth pursuing and would be helpful in ironing out contentions and disagreements. I'm taken by the fact that Jesus never got involved in the petty quarrels between his apostles and disciples. He insisted they work our their own problems, and apparently it was a difficult thing to do, just as it is here. The ability to do that definitely requires maturity.

(1589.4) 141:3.3 Andrew was much occupied with the task of adjusting the constantly recurring misunderstandings and disagreements between the disciples of John and the newer disciples of Jesus. Serious situations would arise every few days, but Andrew, with the assistance of his apostolic associates, managed to induce the contending parties to come to some sort of agreement, at least temporarily. Jesus refused to participate in any of these conferences; neither would he give any advice about the proper adjustment of these difficulties. He never once offered a suggestion as to how the apostles should solve these perplexing problems. When Andrew came to Jesus with these questions, he would always say: “It is not wise for the host to participate in the family troubles of his guests; a wise parent never takes sides in the petty quarrels of his own children.”

PostPosted:  

Sorry Paul.

Well I do not actually have an opinion about you personally. I simply ask you be more considerate, not to make your criticism of other's declarations a "knee-jerk reaction". Okay I know I have been wrong about a few things, Bradley, and I am greatful for the remonstrances that others members in this forum have shared with me. I am sorry, because you remind me of my classmate Brad Conklin who died in an auto wreck, the star basketball player from my high school. When others express their opinions here in this forum, can you please exhibit some more forebearance though? I really feel that your hasty conclusion technique has affected the quorum of his site negatively. Honestly, if you not exhibiting the patience tenderloving compassion of a real father, then you have no need to contend with others who express their view herein. I miss Yuh and Nodamanav. Even though they are gone, they have expressed enough of the honest & plain truth for me to consider, that their words and ideas live in my mind even if you win battles and champion every minute misunderstanding, a finite prize.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Sorry Paul.

Well I do not actually have an opinion about you personally. I simply ask you be more considerate, not to make your criticism of other's declarations a "knee-jerk reaction". Okay I know I have been wrong about a few things, Bradley, and I am greatful for the remonstrances that others members in this forum have shared with me. I am sorry, because you remind me of my classmate Brad Conklin who died in an auto wreck, the star basketball player from my high school. When others express their opinions here in this forum, can you please exhibit some more forebearance though? I really feel that your hasty conclusion technique has affected the quorum of his site negatively. Honestly, if you not exhibiting the patience tenderloving compassion of a real father, then you have no need to contend with others who express their view herein. I miss Yuh and Nodamanav. Even though they are gone, they have expressed enough of the honest & plain truth for me to consider, that their words and ideas live in my mind even if you win battles and champion every minute misunderstanding, a finite prize.

Whatever Stephen. You and others are welcome to your beliefs and opinions. But when those contradict that text we gather here to study, then the student body is obligated to point that out in service to all sincere students who have ever or will ever gather here in study.

May we all learn better how to study this Revelation and share its discovery in the spirit of brotherhood. But it is my hope that silence in the face of its contradiction will never become considered appropriate or desirable.

8)

PostPosted:  

Fair enough. When I think about those members, and compare my own conduct to the standards of this forum, I realise that I may have on numerous occasions violated such terms. Regardless of my privelege to conduct discussions here, as maintained by the moderators, I find that I am sometimes too selfish to advance the wisdom as may have been expressed previously by other members. Well, Bradley: I will relax more. Have your say, then. I won't chide in, but if a person happen to agree with me, elaborate and answer my questions I have already posed, I will be most glad. This forum should be for all Urantians, and not for only one few who happened to find it.

PostPosted:  

To be fair to all.

There is not one person who has posted on this forum that I have not gained knowledge from. I am speaking of no one in particular. And my post was not to be taken as harsh critique but more so as food for thought... spiritual thought, higher spiritual thought.

Being less personally sensitive will help us all be more professionally productive from the group standpoint.

I am in favor of disagreement and descent. We all learn from one another. My concern is when we get abrasive with one another over a contention and forget that our sometimes unkind rebuke reflects an unloving ungodly conduct for the world to see.

Argue and disagree all that you need to, just be loving when you do... love one another.

Paul

PostPosted:  

xobeht wrote:
To be fair to all.

There is not one person who has posted on this forum that I have not gained knowledge from. I am speaking of no one in particular. And my post was not to be taken as harsh critique but more so as food for thought... spiritual thought, higher spiritual thought.

Being less personally sensitive will help us all be more professionally productive from the group standpoint.

I am in favor of disagreement and descent. We all learn from one another. My concern is when we get abrasive with one another over a contention and forget that our sometimes unkind rebuke reflects an unloving ungodly conduct for the world to see.

Argue and disagree all that you need to, just be loving when you do... love one another.

Paul

Well said, Paul. Attacking the person shouldn't be permitted on any U-forum. We can attack each other's ideas and beliefs, but even that should be moderated by Jesus' repeated recommendation to 'be gentle, be kind'. Mean-spiritedness, bickering, and squabbling reflect a lack of maturity, love, and self-respect in the accuser.