Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:03 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 937
Location: Brooklyn NY
Let's read the reference and then my thoughts on it:

Quote:
113:5.1 (1245.7) Angels do not invade the sanctity of the human mind; they do not manipulate the will of mortals; neither do they directly contact with the indwelling Adjusters. The guardian of destiny influences you in every possible manner consistent with the dignity of your personality; under no circumstances do these angels interfere with the free action of the human will. Neither angels nor any other order of universe personality have power or authority to curtail or abridge the prerogatives of human choosing.


1. Why did not the author just merely state: "Angels do not invade the human mind?"
2. Why insert, "sanctity of the..."?
3. Why use the word invade, which sounds a bit hostile, yes?


Please consider these questions as we broach this topic. I do not think the entire mind is sanctified, at least, not the material mind; the supermind, however, definitely is sanctified and is the arena of mind exclusively colonized by the Mystery Monitors. Angels must avail themselves of the unique talent of Midwayers to make contact with the supermind of man.

So I ask, can angels "invade" the material mind? I think so. Interesting note, TA invades the human mind.

Looking forward to thoughts on this.

_________________
BB, the Urantian Gnostic606


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:52 am +0000
Posts: 945
No. Angels do not invade the material mind. Neither do the TAs.

The TAs dwell in the human mind; they do not "invade" it. To invade means to forcefully enter; to enter like an enemy; to go into with hostile intent.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 937
Location: Brooklyn NY
Agon D. Onter wrote:
No. Angels do not invade the material mind. Neither do the TAs.

The TAs dwell in the human mind; they do not "invade" it. To invade means to forcefully enter; to enter like an enemy; to go into with hostile intent.


TA actually invade, indwell, and infuse human mind. That is the order of events. Take a read:

Quote:
108:2.4 (1187.3) ...the Adjusters cannot arbitrarily invade the mortal intellect prior to the appearance of moral decision. But when such a moral decision has been made, this spirit helper assumes jurisdiction direct from Divinington.


We are told in the above Adjusters wait on the appearance of moral decision before invading the mind. And once they invade the indwell and then infuse.

As for angels invading the material mind, I am building a case on that. Stay tuned.

_________________
BB, the Urantian Gnostic606


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:52 am +0000
Posts: 945
What it is saying, according to my personal interpretation, is that it *would* be an invasion of the mind IF they were to arrive prior to the first moral decision (because it would be forceful or without consent). But they do not/ cannot invade; because they do not indwell until that first moral decision has been made by the individual.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 937
Location: Brooklyn NY
Presenting my case:

Quote:
53:8.8 (610.4) But even so, no fallen spirit ever did have the power to invade the minds or to harass the souls of the children of God. Neither Satan nor Caligastia could ever touch or approach the faith sons of God; faith is an effective armor against sin and iniquity. It is true: “He who is born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one touches him not.”


First we are told faith is a prerequisite to arm oneself against mind invasion.

Quote:
77:7.8 (864.1) The entire group of rebel midwayers is at present held prisoner by order of the Most Highs of Edentia. No more do they roam this world on mischief bent. Regardless of the presence of the Thought Adjusters, the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon all flesh forever made it impossible for disloyal spirits of any sort or description ever again to invade even the most feeble of human minds. Since the day of Pentecost there never again can be such a thing as demoniacal possession.


Second, we are told indirectly, prior to the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth and indwelling of the Thought Adjuster, invasion of mind by celestials of any sort could be had. So we can conclude that this was a reality in the ancient world.

My argument is not all humans are indwelt by a TA. There are adult humans today without a TA , and therefore considered, "Children... too young" in the eyes of the universe. These are the unspiritual and materialistic minded people. If one is without a TA then one is not encircuited into the HT and SoT. Thus, one is ripe for mind invasion by spirit forces other than TA.

_________________
BB, the Urantian Gnostic606


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 937
Location: Brooklyn NY
I have to disagree with your interpretation. How I read it and I think I am reading it from a literal standpoint is they do not invade prior to the appearance of moral decision. But once moral decision occurs, to the TA, the mind if fair game for invasion. Here is another scripture in the text that reaffirms this:

Quote:
108:2.2 (1187.1) The Adjusters cannot invade the mortal mind until it has been duly prepared by the indwelling ministry of the adjutant mind-spirits and encircuited in the Holy Spirit. And it requires the co-ordinate function of all seven adjutants to thus qualify the human mind for the reception of an Adjuster. Creature mind must exhibit the worship outreach and indicate wisdom function by exhibiting the ability to choose between the emerging values of good and evil
—moral choice.


See the conditional word in there? "until." They cannot invade until such and such event occurs. Once the event occurs, the mind is fair game for TA invasion.



Agon D. Onter wrote:
What it is saying, according to my personal interpretation, is that it *would* be an invasion of the mind IF they were to arrive prior to the first moral decision (because it would be forceful or without consent). But they do not/ cannot invade; because they do not indwell until that first moral decision has been made by the individual.

_________________
BB, the Urantian Gnostic606


Last edited by brooklyn_born on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:44 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:11 pm +0000
Posts: 814
brooklyn_born wrote:
1. Why did not the author just merely state: "Angels do not invade the human mind?" 2. Why insert, "sanctity of the..."?


They are referring to the sanctity of free will. One cannot exercise free will without being conscious of the options available for choice. Free will is a power attribute of personality but it requires the mind for execution or expression.

(377.4) 34:3.8 One is free to choose and act only within the realm of one's consciousness.

(150.3) 13:4.5 The determiner of the differential of spiritual presence exists in your own hearts and minds and consists in the manner of your own choosing, in the decisions of your minds, and in the determination of your own wills. This differential is inherent in the freewill reactions of intelligent personal beings, beings whom the Universal Father has ordained shall exercise this liberty of choosing.

(194.6) 16:8.6  Self-consciousness consists in intellectual awareness of personality actuality; it includes the ability to recognize the reality of other personalities. It indicates capacity for individualized experience in and with cosmic realities, equivalating to the attainment of identity status in the personality relationships of the universe. Self-consciousness connotes recognition of the actuality of mind ministration and the realization of relative independence of creative and determinative free will.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 937
Location: Brooklyn NY
But we both know the sentence does not say that. In fact, the sentence is pretty explicit on what it is referring to regarding sanctity. Here it is:

113:5.1 (1245.7) Angels do not invade the sanctity of the human mind


It says the sanctity of the human mind. Plus, you cannot invade will. You can invade mind. And there are enough references to show it is mind, not will that is invaded.



katroofjebus wrote:
brooklyn_born wrote:
1. Why did not the author just merely state: "Angels do not invade the human mind?"


They are referring to the sanctity of free will. One cannot exercise free will without being conscious of the options available for choice. Free will is a power attribute of personality but it requires the mind for execution or expression.

(377.4) 34:3.8 One is free to choose and act only within the realm of one's consciousness.

(150.3) 13:4.5 The determiner of the differential of spiritual presence exists in your own hearts and minds and consists in the manner of your own choosing, in the decisions of your minds, and in the determination of your own wills. This differential is inherent in the freewill reactions of intelligent personal beings, beings whom the Universal Father has ordained shall exercise this liberty of choosing.

(194.6) 16:8.6  Self-consciousness consists in intellectual awareness of personality actuality; it includes the ability to recognize the reality of other personalities. It indicates capacity for individualized experience in and with cosmic realities, equivalating to the attainment of identity status in the personality relationships of the universe. Self-consciousness connotes recognition of the actuality of mind ministration and the realization of relative independence of creative and determinative free will.

_________________
BB, the Urantian Gnostic606


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 937
Location: Brooklyn NY
I think the confusion lies in invasion and indwelling. these two are not the same events. One occurs prior to the other.

_________________
BB, the Urantian Gnostic606


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:11 pm +0000
Posts: 814
brooklyn_born wrote:
It says the sanctity of the human mind. Plus, you cannot invade will. You can invade mind. And there are enough references to show it is mind, not will that is invaded.


That's right. The angels cannot invade the mind or the will, nor do they want to. The sentence says they cannot invade the "sanctity" of the mind. What they mean by using that word is the privacy of the mind because of the associated personality which being of divine and sacred origin has absolute sovereignty over itself. It's a matter of respect throughout the entire universe. As I explained before, the mind is necessary in order to exercise one's will. Reference:

(208.4) 18:1.5 The Paradise Creators respect the privacy and sanctity of personality even in their lowly creatures. And this is true both of individuals and of the various separate orders of personalities.

(71.3) 5:6.8 No other being, force, creator, or agency in all the wide universe of universes can interfere to any degree with the absolute sovereignty of the mortal free will, as it operates within the realms of choice, regarding the eternal destiny of the personality of the choosing mortal. As pertains to eternal survival, God has decreed the sovereignty of the material and mortal will, and that decree is absolute.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:11 pm +0000
Posts: 814
brooklyn_born wrote:
I think the confusion lies in invasion and indwelling. these two are not the same events. One occurs prior to the other.


How so?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:52 am +0000
Posts: 945
brooklyn_born wrote:
If one is without a TA then one is not encircuited into the HT and SoT. Thus, one is ripe for mind invasion by spirit forces other than TA.


Taking your hypothesis at face value, I have two questions: 1) what do you think these "spirit forces other than TA" are and 2) why would they invade human mind? For what purpose?

Remember, in the quote you posted, it says:


Quote:
77:7.8 (864.1) The entire group of rebel midwayers is at present held prisoner by order of the Most Highs of Edentia. No more do they roam this world on mischief bent. Regardless of the presence of the Thought Adjusters, the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon all flesh forever made it impossible for disloyal spirits of any sort or description ever again to invade even the most feeble of human minds. Since the day of Pentecost there never again can be such a thing as demoniacal possession.


This means that, without regard to the presence of Thought Adjusters, the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon all flesh forever made it impossible for disloyal spirits to invade even the most feeble .....


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 937
Location: Brooklyn NY
katroofjebus wrote:
brooklyn_born wrote:
I think the confusion lies in invasion and indwelling. these two are not the same events. One occurs prior to the other.


How so?


They have different meanings. Invade is a forceful entry. Indwell is inhabiting what was entered.

_________________
BB, the Urantian Gnostic606


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am +0000
Posts: 937
Location: Brooklyn NY
Agon D. Onter wrote:
Taking your hypothesis at face value, I have two questions: 1) what do you think these "spirit forces other than TA" are and 2) why would they invade human mind? For what purpose?


1) any celestial force is capable of doing it according to what we're told in the
UB scripture. Here is the quote in part:
Quote:
"... spirits of any sort or description...

2) To influence the mind.

Agon D. Onter wrote:

Remember, in the quote you posted, it says:


77:7.8 (864.1) The entire group of rebel midwayers is at present held prisoner by order of the Most Highs of Edentia. No more do they roam this world on mischief bent. Regardless of the presence of the Thought Adjusters, the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon all flesh forever made it impossible for disloyal spirits of any sort or description ever again to invade even the most feeble of human minds. Since the day of Pentecost there never again can be such a thing as demoniacal possession.

This means that, without regard to the presence of Thought Adjusters, the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon all flesh forever made it impossible for disloyal spirits to invade even the most feeble .....


Right. But they qualify it. They say the presence of a TA pouring of SoT make it impossible for foreign invasion of even the most feeble mind. It begs the question, are all humans indwelt? I do not think so.

_________________
BB, the Urantian Gnostic606


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted:  
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:52 am +0000
Posts: 945
brooklyn_born wrote:
It begs the question, are all humans indwelt? I do not think so.


This question does not need to be 'begged' on a UB forum - we KNOW not all humans are indwelt by Adjusters. Those too young to make a moral decision, as an example, are humans who are not indwelt. Also, those who are, essentially, insane or incapable of conscious choice are also not indwelt. There is no debate about that.

You still haven't answered my question. Who are these celestial beings (or "force" as you say) whom you claim wish to invade our minds and influence or minds? To what end? Why would they bother; they all have their own work to do. We know from UB that the human ascension plan is but a small part of what goes on in the universes.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Registered users: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You can post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group