Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:04 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

This post is both a counter to the attempts to analyze the teachings intellectually as well as a comment regarding to effectiveness of this approach relative to the Revelation's intended purpose. I am repeatedly confused by representations which seem to imply or subtly represent a position counter to the intended meaning of the Revelation.

110:2.1 When Thought Adjusters indwell human minds, they bring with them the model careers, the ideal lives, as determined and foreordained by themselves and the Personalized Adjusters of Divinington, which have been certified by the Personalized Adjuster of Urantia. Thus they begin work with a definite and predetermined plan for the intellectual and spiritual development of their human subjects, but it is not incumbent upon any human being to accept this plan. You are all subjects of predestination, but it is not foreordained that you must accept this divine predestination; you are at full liberty to reject any part or all of the Thought Adjusters' program. It is their mission to effect such mind changes and to make such spiritual adjustments as you may willingly and intelligently authorize, to the end that they may gain more influence over the personality directionization; but under no circumstances do these divine Monitors ever take advantage of you or in any way arbitrarily influence you in your choices and decisions. The Adjusters respect your sovereignty of personality; they are always subservient to your will.

It is important that we not see the use of the term “predestination” in the same light and understanding as is postulated by Christian theology. The emphasis of predestination in Christian theology focuses on the soul’s salvation and who may or may not be included in God’s foreknowledge of such. Predestination as explained in the Fifth Epochal Revelation refers to a path to God which every individual has the choice to follow. The Thought Adjuster comes to the party with a perfect plan for each individual to proceed upon which will insure total success of the mission of living for that individual. It is entirely our choice to follow his plan or not. But, and there is a significant caveat here, the path the Thought Adjuster intends for each of us encounters each of the realizations we must experience for us to progress inward. Their path is the shortest distance between the two dissimilar points of existence known as material and spiritual. So that being said, any path we choose must encounter each of the same issues “projects, as they say” and must require each of us to master each issue and discover the experience within our personalities of “seeing eye to eye” with our Thought Adjuster. And this is a most important point; we are finite time bound creatures seeking to become eternal bordering on the infinite. The issues we must each encounter and master are also finite and therefore the path we must follow is limited to those issues; preordained issues that each of us will address eventually. So, simply put, we have the choice to follow the Thought Adjuster’s path or any path we choose, but we do not have the choice of what issues we must address; we must address all of them. Mansion World number 1 will help us experience the remediation of many of these issues which are seen as our “make-up” work, i.e., projects that they feel we could and possibly should have dealt with while fully material beings. The balance of the Mansion Worlds will address these same issues we would face once here we got the basics experienced, though probably in a more orderly manner; I presume that experiential path will be similar to the predestination path the Thought Adjuster intended in the beginning.

110:2.2 They are persistent, ingenious, and perfect in their methods of work, but they never do violence to the volitional selfhood of their hosts. No human being will ever be spiritualized by a divine Monitor against his will; survival is a gift of the Gods which must be desired by the creatures of time. In the final analysis, whatever the Adjuster has succeeded in doing for you, the records will show that the transformation has been accomplished with your co-operative consent; you will have been a willing partner with the Adjuster in the attainment of every step of the tremendous transformation of the ascension career.

Every path we follow leads us through the same issues because the only issues there are, are ours. Only the order and timing changes. We must experience the personal realization of being transformed from material, materially minded creatures to 1st stage spirits who are becoming spiritually minded. That transition is ours to do, however we do it. But, as it says, we will be a willing partner with the Thought Adjuster. This is the process of achieving mastery of the psychic circles.

110:2.3 The Adjuster is not trying to control your thinking, as such, but rather to spiritualize it, to eternalize it. Neither angels nor Adjusters are devoted directly to influencing human thought; that is your exclusive personality prerogative. The Adjusters are dedicated to improving, modifying, adjusting, and co-ordinating your thinking processes; but more especially and specifically they are devoted to the work of building up spiritual counterparts of your careers, morontia transcripts of your true advancing selves, for survival purposes.

It is these counterparts that are the sum and substance of our personal identity in this transition process. These personal identifications are the result of self-identification and conscious realization of our material-mindedness and, frankly, our own selfishness/self-centeredness. These issues are personal and, we wish, private; private, that is except for the fact that we must willingly share them with God, the most public of all persons. This sharing, the act of truly and deeply exposing ourselves openly with God, is what is known as confession. It is the embrace of God’s view of us through which we see “eye to eye” with our Thought Adjuster. This is repentance and acceptance. This experience cannot be avoided, only postponed. It is this process of transition which is the “severe test” Jesus refers to when he addresses those who would follow him in this quest.

110:2.4 Adjusters work in the spheres of the higher levels of the human mind, unceasingly seeking to produce morontia duplicates of every concept of the mortal intellect. There are, therefore, two realities which impinge upon, and are centered in, the human mind circuits: one, a mortal self evolved from the original plans of the Life Carriers, the other, an immortal entity from the high spheres of Divinington, an indwelling gift from God. But the mortal self is also a personal self; it has personality.

110:2.5 You as a personal creature have mind and will. The Adjuster as a prepersonal creature has premind and prewill. If you will your mind to so fully conform to the Adjuster's pre mind that you see eye to eye, then your minds become one on that issue or perception (project), and you personally experience the receipt of the reinforcement of the Adjuster’s mind. receive the reinforcement of the Adjuster's mind. Subsequently, if your will orders and enforces the execution of the decisions of this new or combined experience in your mind, the Adjuster's prepersonal will attains to personality expression through your decision, and as far as that particular project is concerned, you and the Adjuster are one. Your mind has attained to divinity attunement albeit, they are not saying “attainment”, and the Adjuster's will has achieved personality expression but, again, only as far as is consciously experienced by your personality and only relative to that specific project.

110:2.6 To the extent that this identity is realized consciously experienced by your personality as a fact, you are mentally approaching the morontia order of existence. Morontia mind is a term signifying the substance and sum total of the co-operating minds of diversely material and spiritual natures. Morontia intellect, therefore, connotes a dual mind in the local universe dominated by one will. And with mortals this is a will, human in origin, which is becoming divine through man's personal and willfully realized identification of the human mind with the mindedness of God.

I have often been accused of applying too much pressure on others here when I repeatedly implore all of us to address all of this. Many here share the view that since salvation is for all, there is no necessity to overwork ourselves and take this process too seriously. After all, we all go to heaven. Some have even said that it will be easier there anyway. Obviously I cannot say one way or the other as to whether or not it will be, but the Urantia Book is here. In 1954 I might have agreed that we were doing all we should. In 1955, the Nebadon administrators, whether personally or collectively, presented us with an update. That update, called the Fifth Epochal Revelation, is no different than the other Epochal Revelations wherein the transformation of reality was immediate even though the social and personal realization by each person or society segment is not. The expectation is that we apply the information discovered in these teachings as much as we can. Such an application as will quickly transform the world by our love and lives.

Arguing with everyone and contesting each, regarding an individual’s understanding of the words on these pages is both fruitless and embarrassing and reveals not a childlike willingness to discover reality but a childish and self-protecting refusal to allow God to reveal experiential truth to one’s soul.

Consequently, in this often repeated process, I see the potential of a deliberate attempt to thwart the real purpose of this magnificent presentation through a shallow minded misrepresentation of truth which confuses those who are just beginning to address the Revelation and I stand against it.

This book, this amazing Revelation is not intended to be seen merely as a book of knowledge of God and his Universe of Universes but a guide for each of us to personally experience God and his Universe of Universes. We cannot lessen the import of this merely because it is uncomfortable or because it will force us to make changes to our complacent lifestyles.

It is my hope and intent that we who have been reading and studying and hopefully applying the life principles contained herein, some for nearly a half century, will be willing to share the personal discoveries and experiences and relate them to the book in a way that proves the experiential reality of our newest presentation from heaven.

This is one of mine.

Jim

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Thanks, Jim. Good to read your thoughts about our beloved revelation. I was most struck by this:

Quote:
This book, this amazing Revelation is not intended to be seen merely as a book of knowledge of God and his Universe of Universes but a guide for each of us to personally experience God and his Universe of Universes. We cannot lessen the import of this merely because it is uncomfortable or because it will force us to make changes to our complacent lifestyles.

I was struck by it because in my case, making changes to my complacent lifestyle was THE most important element of my finding The Urantia Book. I was one of those souls who was famished - thirsty - dying, really. And right before I found the book, I truly surrendered my life to God, as I knew him then, which was a Catholic idea of God. But finding The Urantia Book - and finding God as a person, finding the Jesus I always dreamed of - gave me a blueprint for truly getting right. The teachings on the Adjuster, on my soul, on partnership with God, on true brotherhood...gave me a new way to think about myself and a new way of living. That was over 30 years ago...praise God.

And so, your thoughts about the intellectualizing of the text rang true for me, too. I know people who have approached the book primarily from the intellect, and I know others who, like me, approached it primarily from the spiritual end of it.

I don't feel there's any "right" way to approach this book. My experience is that people who approach it from the intellect, and who live with it long enough, eventually have their spirit activated, too. And conversely, those who approach it primarily from Spirit eventually come to appreciate the more intellectual aspects of it, too. However, having gotten such a spiritual awakening from its teachings, the intellectual aspects still take a back seat for me. I care less about those because they do not do for me what the spiritual truths have done. And so, I am not much of a "purist" in that regard. To me, the spiritual truths will always be my primary guides in the book.

I think it's all about balance...we are all to become integrated through this revelation. But that takes some time. Here are some pretty great quotes about that:

Quote:
140:4.8 An effective philosophy of living is formed by a combination of cosmic insight and the total of one's emotional reactions to the social and economic environment. Remember: While inherited urges cannot be fundamentally modified, emotional responses to such urges can be changed; therefore the moral nature can be modified, character can be improved. In the strong character emotional responses are integrated and co-ordinated, and thus is produced a unified personality. Deficient unification weakens the moral nature and engenders unhappiness.

Quote:
196:3.35 And God-consciousness is equivalent to the integration of the self with the universe, and on its highest levels of spiritual reality.

Finally, I have to say that I agree about this statement of yours:

Quote:
Arguing with everyone and contesting each, regarding an individual’s understanding of the words on these pages is both fruitless and embarrassing and reveals not a childlike willingness to discover reality but a childish and self-protecting refusal to allow God to reveal experiential truth to one’s soul.

Again, we all approach the revelation from where we are when we find it. We can't expect others to have had the same experience of it as we have had, or are having. Living the God-conscious life is a process, and we never get it done. And we probably will never get it done perfectly in this life on Urantia. We just have to keep at it, and keep accruing evidence of the rightness of this path to God. And on the way, we are called to love our fellow sojourners as best we can. I believe that most are doing their best, just as we are. Learning to love is a big part of what we're doing here on the earth - maybe the biggest part. It's all about relationship...to God, and to each other. And if God rules the universe by the power of his love, we can do no less in ordering the universe of our lives through the power of love for each other.

Anyway...just some thoughts...thanks again.

PostPosted:  

I have been on a mission to read this "Greatest and Most Important Book" again cover to cover. The last few days I have been reading in the vicinity of paper 100, 101 etc.
Over the years since I was in grade school I have had considerable internal confusion about my growth, some of it having to do with my impatience for sure but, there has long been a feeling that I have not been so loyal to being myself--who I really am. I have been for most of my life, overly concerned with being good; Godlike at the expense of truly being me.

I am a perfectionist of sorts and perhaps overly conscientious which makes me too judgemental when it comes to my fellows. I have a difficult time loving people and I am suspicious of this tendency of mine to BE GOOD first and foremost. I have been trying to love my fellows by a mere act of will and then wondering why it isn't working. It seems I haven't done the work of "... thoroughgoing understanding of your neighbor’s motives and sentiments."

I think that there is good reason for me to question this aspect of my personality because I am not so loving as I would hope to be after being here 59 years. These quotes below really ring true for me.

100:1.4 (1094.6) Children are permanently impressed only by the loyalties of their adult associates; precept or even example is not lastingly influential. Loyal persons are growing persons, and growth is an impressive and inspiring reality. Live loyally today—grow—and tomorrow will attend to itself. The quickest way for a tadpole to become a frog is to live loyally each moment as a tadpole.

100:4.5 (1098.2) In the mind’s eye conjure up a picture of one of your primitive ancestors of cave-dwelling times—a short, misshapen, filthy, snarling hulk of a man standing, legs spread, club upraised, breathing hate and animosity as he looks fiercely just ahead. Such a picture hardly depicts the divine dignity of man. But allow us to enlarge the picture. In front of this animated human crouches a saber-toothed tiger. Behind him, a woman and two children. Immediately you recognize that such a picture stands for the beginnings of much that is fine and noble in the human race, but the man is the same in both pictures. Only, in the second sketch you are favored with a widened horizon. You therein discern the motivation of this evolving mortal. His attitude becomes praiseworthy because you understand him. If you could only fathom the motives of your associates, how much better you would understand them. If you could only know your fellows, you would eventually fall in love with them.

100:4.6 (1098.3) You cannot truly love your fellows by a mere act of the will. Love is only born of thoroughgoing understanding of your neighbor’s motives and sentiments. It is not so important to love all men today as it is that each day you learn to love one more human being. If each day or each week you achieve an understanding of one more of your fellows, and if this is the limit of your ability, then you are certainly socializing and truly spiritualizing your personality. Love is infectious, and when human devotion is intelligent and wise, love is more catching than hate. But only genuine and unselfish love is truly contagious. If each mortal could only become a focus of dynamic affection, this benign virus of love would soon pervade the sentimental emotion-stream of humanity to such an extent that all civilization would be encompassed by love, and that would be the realization of the brotherhood of man.

I post this because it is related to what Jim posts about being judgemental and about doing the necessary earthly assignments both of which I personally have room for lots of improvement.

Sincerely,

Paul

PostPosted:  

Since being found by this marvelous gift of light, truth, and knowledge, I have considered it a map and guide book of origin, destination, and pilgrim's path. I have found it to be universally true among my fellow pilgrims that we all well know the differences between the map, the terrain, and the journey itself. I've not met nor known of these believers some seem to endlessly worry about and claim do not strive with the vicissitudes and edges of conflict as they seek true spiritual progress upon the journey of this grand adventure.

Again I ask....who are these slackers and laggards who do nothing but read books and intellectualize? Are they in need of rescue and salvation? Do we preach at them? Or give example and light? Are we to obsess over what others choose to do or not do? Are we to determine what others should or shouldn't do? Whose free will are we responsible for besides our own? Why are some so vexed and anxious about the choices of others?

And how do we discover fact, meaning, and value without intellect? The UB teaches that there is no approach to spirit except by mind and thought and intellect. It is our thoughts and discernment and choices and experiential learning and wisdom that delivers progress in the Spirit. Personally, I have found this map and guide profoundly valuable during these decades of journey through the terrain of life and pilgrim's progress. It is not the terrain nor is it the journey...yet what an effective tool and aid...when studied and utilized.

Sometimes I wonder about the priorities, attention, and progress of those so obsessed with the faults found in others. Aren't long suffering, patience, forgiveness, mercy, and service that which we are instructed to offer our fellows? We must each choose for ourselves our own participation in our own spiritization. It is unfortunate for those who defer growth and delay the adventure for whatever reason. I also think it is
a little dangerous and would never recommend idleness or procrastination. We should assume our safety and sonship but not presume upon time I do not think.

Fear not and embrace the adventure!

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:50 am +0000, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Jim George wrote:
It is these counterparts that are the sum and substance of our personal identity in this transition process. ... These issues are personal and, we wish, private; private, that is except for the fact that we must willingly share them with God, the most public of all persons. This sharing, the act of truly and deeply exposing ourselves openly with God, is what is known as confession. It is the embrace of God’s view of us through which we see “eye to eye” with our Thought Adjuster. This is repentance and acceptance. This experience cannot be avoided, only postponed. It is this process of transition which is the “severe test” Jesus refers to when he addresses those who would follow him in this quest.
Jim

I respect the personal nature, and private prerogative of every human individual, of your sharing the life that you have with the Thought Adjuster. I suppose if a person chooses to share their understanding of faith, that God has in them, truly sacred moments. Remember that you have a prelife in the Holy Spirit and a prelife in your mother and father, just as the Thought Adjuster has a prelife with the Thought Adjuster. But for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQQThtav41o I am an American and have been called to share these personal struggles publickly, and I shall allow the Thought Adjuster to produce transcripts merely in morontial pattern, but upon the faith that I may accrue in Paradise. "The Rock, the River ...: your country." - Maya Angelou

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Jim George wrote:
It is these counterparts that are the sum and substance of our personal identity in this transition process. ... These issues are personal and, we wish, private; private, that is except for the fact that we must willingly share them with God, the most public of all persons. This sharing, the act of truly and deeply exposing ourselves openly with God, is what is known as confession. It is the embrace of God’s view of us through which we see “eye to eye” with our Thought Adjuster. This is repentance and acceptance. This experience cannot be avoided, only postponed. It is this process of transition which is the “severe test” Jesus refers to when he addresses those who would follow him in this quest.
Jim

I respect the personal nature, and private prerogative of every human individual, of your sharing the life that you have with the Thought Adjuster. I suppose if a person chooses to share their understanding of faith, that God has in them, truly sacred moments. Remember that you have a prelife in the Holy Spirit and a prelife in your mother and father, just as the Thought Adjuster has a prelife with the Thought Adjuster. But for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQQThtav41o I am an American and have been called to share these personal struggles publickly, and I shall allow the Thought Adjuster to produce transcripts merely in morontial pattern, but upon the faith that I may accrue in Paradise. "The Rock, the River ...: your country." - Maya Angelou

Still and again...we do not have a "prelife" by any definition of the term, according to the UB. Pre-existence contradicts that which we study and share here together. While Adjusters do exist prior to bestowal, "prelife" is still misleading and inaccurate. Any supporting text? We are specifically taught that the concept and belief in human or soul pre-existence or predetermination are ill-informed, primitive superstition. Sorry to "contest" such a false belief but the UB says what it says and accuracy of its representation is no vice. Despite any claims to the contrary.

Last edited by fanofVan on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:16 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

The challenges of eternal life and the ascension plan are analogous to the challenges of a competitive society. It’s not for everyone and those that need to be taken care of tend to miss out on the real adventure.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Remember that you have a prelife in the Holy Spirit and a prelife in your mother and father, just as the Thought Adjuster has a prelife with the Thought Adjuster. 

Steven, I remember no such thing. I am unclear how you might mean such a statement so I will answer this from personal experience. As I have allowed God to guide my deepest thoughts, a question once came regarding this issue. I have concluded that the Urantia Book is accurate because when I exhausted my ability to uncover any real indication of experience before my current consciousness, I was unable. At the point where I had to face the decision that further belief in "pre-life" was imaginary and if I was to continue to follow God I must choose to cease that pursuit, I made the choice to accept the Urantia teachings and received approval from God when I did.

That is just simply how God works in me.

Jim

PostPosted:  

The Divine Minister provides the initial spark of life after which life springs only from life. Our physical life springs from our human parents through acts of procreation. Our next life springs from our spiritual parents through acts of cocreation.

(403.7) 36:6.2 Things material may enjoy an independent existence, but life springs only from life. Mind can be derived only from pre-existent mind. Spirit takes origin only from spirit ancestors. The creature may produce the forms of life, but only a creator personality or a creative force can supply the activating living spark.

PostPosted:  

The fact of Thought Adjuster's indwelling is founded on the fact I have a soul. I have a preexistence in that, even if I cannot say that it was "my" existence. That was my preexistence in the collective of spiritual potentiality.

Before my soul is "Born" as represented by the beginning of Adjuster transcripts for my individualizing humanity, my preexistences were present in the demiurge of my parents, and the life that the Holy Spirit had in each of them.

The transcripts of a mortal sojourn is supposedly the individualising of the Holy Spirit in conformity to the will of the First Source and Center, or the Father within, but such transcripts are a pale reflection of the true faith of a human individual. The true faith that the First Source and Center in every Creator Son, is represented experiencially by the conjoint relation between the Supreme Being and the human individual, through Trinity Function and wholehearted cooperation with Jesus' instructions, and in the personality of each man: to actually love one another as you believe God loves each person.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
The fact of Thought Adjuster's indwelling is founded on the fact I have a soul. I have a preexistence in that, even if I cannot say that it was "my" existence. That was my preexistence in the collective of spiritual potentiality.

Before my soul is "Born" as represented by the beginning of Adjuster transcripts for my individualizing humanity, my preexistences were present in the demiurge of my parents, and the life that the Holy Spirit had in each of them.

The transcripts of a mortal sojourn is supposedly the individualising of the Holy Spirit in conformity to the will of the First Source and Center, or the Father within, but such transcripts are a pale reflection of the true faith of a human individual. The true faith that the First Source and Center in every Creator Son, is represented experiencially by the conjoint relation between the Supreme Being and the human individual, through Trinity Function and wholehearted cooperation with Jesus' instructions, and in the personality of each man: to actually love one another as you believe God loves each person.

Your stubborn refusal to acknowledge reality and your consistent contradictions to the UB are unfortunate and distracting. No person or being is an individuation of the Holy Spirit other than the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the individuation of the Holy Spirit.

You cannot rationally claim that "I" have a pre-existence based on the existence of that or them which is not "I" and never was "I" to begin with. And the "demiurge of my parents" is also an irrational phrase without meaning. You did not have a life or pre-existence in the life of the creators of life. This distortion of a quasi-buddhist concept of the one from the all and returning to the all is quite contrary to the teachings of the UB. No pre-existence Stephen. Get over it and quit harping on it.

Potential is without meaning or value until actual. Potential is not yet reality. You are a potential finaliter….and yet you are NOT a finaliter. Neither have you been to Paradise as you have claimed elsewhere and you are not now returning to Paradise. Such a potential has no meaning or value today until that potential has been actualized by choice, progress, experience, expression, and achievement....actualized. Pre-existence requires personality + mind + free will + identity/self + experience. You have never had these prior to your birth here as a material and mortal babe.

dem·i·urge
[ˈdemēˌərj]

NOUN
a being responsible for the creation of the universe.
synonyms:
deity · god · goddess · mother goddess · divine being · celestial being · supreme being · creator · demiurge · godhead · daemon · numen · power · avatar
(in Platonic philosophy) the Maker or Creator of the world.
(in Gnosticism and other theological systems) a heavenly being, subordinate to the Supreme Being, that is considered to be the controller of the material world and antagonistic to all that is purely spiritual.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
The fact of Thought Adjuster's indwelling is founded on the fact I have a soul.

That is correct.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
I have a preexistence in that, even if I cannot say that it was "my" existence. That was my preexistence in the collective of spiritual potentiality.

Your pre-existence of spiritual potentiality has nothing directly to do with the soul or the Thought Adjuster's indwelling. It does have a great deal to do with your personality, a direct gift from the Father. Yes, in a sense the personality does pre-exist you in that it is part of the Universal Father, but it is only a pattern without a mechanism to express individuality until you are physically created. No one knows when the Father bestows personality, whether it is in the womb or at birth is still a big question. Nonetheless, the potential of personality has to do with its free will actions which utilize the conscious mind of the being it is bestowed upon after it is created.

(5.18) 0:3.19 7. The potential personality of an evolutionary moral being or of any other moral being is centered in the personality of the Universal Father.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Before my soul is "Born" as represented by the beginning of Adjuster transcripts for my individualizing humanity,

Yes, the moment your soul was born the Thought Adjuster began a dual transcript of your spiritualizing self.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
my preexistences were present in the demiurge of my parents, and the life that the Holy Spirit had in each of them.

Your life preexisted in the material bodies of your parents, as their life preexisted in the bodies of your grandparents. Each of your parents donate chromosomes with built-in life. The physical body that their donation of life creates is a continuation of their life in you. The father lives in the child.

The important fact that I've pointed out several times now is that the life that was in your parents and is now in you has nothing directly to do with the Holy Spirit. You've confused the role of the Creative Spirit with the Holy Spirit. They have two different functions. The Creative Spirit is the Divine Minister who provides the initial spark of life. The Holy Spirit is a mind ministry to the soul which is a vehicle for continuing life after death.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
The transcripts of a mortal sojourn is supposedly the individualising of the Holy Spirit in conformity to the will of the First Source and Center, or the Father within,

The transcripts of your spiritualizing self have to do with your personality and its evolving character. The role of the Holy Spirit in such an event is to provide you with a level of consciousness that can eventually recognize the morontia level of thought along with spiritual input from the Spirit of Truth and Thought Adjuster, God-consciousness.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
but such transcripts are a pale reflection of the true faith of a human individual.

True faith is a gift and the transcripts of the soul are a reflection of the personality's will to act on true faith. Such actions require free will, the ability to choose for the Father's will as part of one's evolving selfhood, and that is what the Thought Adjuster transcribes, as well as the memory of participating in such an act.

SEla_Kelly wrote:
The true faith that the First Source and Center in every Creator Son, is represented experiencially by the conjoint relation between the Supreme Being and the human individual, through Trinity Function and wholehearted cooperation with Jesus' instructions, and in the personality of each man: to actually love one another as you believe God loves each person.

Well said but you left out the part of action. The relationship between the individual human personality and the Supreme Being has to do with acting on the Father's will. The act is ours and the consequences are God the Supreme's. And yes, those actions resonate in the Supreme when they exhibit triune reality expression, an integration of all three levels of reality, which is the Father's will.

(1090.9) 99:4.13 And these three partial approaches to the reality of the cosmos must eventually become harmonized by the revelatory presentation of religion, philosophy, and cosmology which portrays the triune existence of spirit, mind, and energy proceeding from the Trinity of Paradise and attaining time-space unification within the Deity of the Supreme.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
102:2.5 Even the discoveries of science are not truly real in the consciousness of human experience until they are unraveled and correlated, until their relevant facts actually become meaning through encircuitment in the thought streams of mind. Mortal man views even his physical environment from the mind level, from the perspective of its psychological registry. It is not, therefore, strange that man should place a highly unified interpretation upon the universe and then seek to identify this energy unity of his science with the spirit unity of his religious experience. Mind is unity; mortal consciousness lives on the mind level and perceives the universal realities through the eyes of the mind endowment. The mind perspective will not yield the existential unity of the source of reality, the First Source and Center, but it can and sometime will portray to man the experiential synthesis of energy, mind, and spirit in and as the Supreme Being. But mind can never succeed in this unification of the diversity of reality unless such mind is firmly aware of material things, intellectual meanings, and spiritual values; only in the harmony of the triunity of functional reality is there unity, and only in unity is there the personality satisfaction of the realization of cosmic constancy and consistency.

Steven,

This statement summarizes quite thoroughly what I understand of your statements. If you will please, consider that this is our life's work in a concise statement. Rather than attempt to decipher and further explain it to you in my terms, I would like you to consider the actual function of your personal will in the process that must be realized in order to actualize this in your personal experience. This is a perfect example of the potential to understand the difference between the theoretical comprehension of reality and the experiential comprehension of reality. As I offered in the beginning, the predestination path the Thought Adjuster brings with him from Divinington offers us the most direct and complete path to the personal realization of this unity. But as is said, we are free to choose another path. What we are not free to do is imagine ourselves a new reality; there isn't one. So if a soul embraces the truth of the unity of all existence within him or her self as a postulate to be personally discovered, in all honesty, one must place their fondest concepts of how that might happen on the table as well. The more we hold on to our own ideas the less we achieve our goal of unity because it is always "we" as individuals who must make the deep necessary changes to realize unity. God will never aceed to our view. Seeing eye to eye with our Thought Adjuster means we have sublimated ourselves to His view. In other words, and most simply, we always have to be the ones to give in.

The more aggressively we disallow ourselves the privilege of personal preferences in how we see, feel about, interact with, choose to understand and so on, the more open we are to receiving God's true guidance and the more we do that the more spirit we express and are able to share. It is not our view of God, but our love of the reality of unity, i.e., Godlikeness, that is appealing to our fellow human beings. Jesus explained the fruits of the spirit as the blessings of humility and being "poor in spirit". If we as individuals have self generated ideas of how this all works we are hardly "poor in spirit"; we are rich in spirit concept. Unity with God fills us to overflowing revealing more of what we are seeking than our own richness could ever attain. But the path is experiential not theoretical. We don't do it because we know it, we know it because we do it. We study to explain the reality of our experience to ourselves.

So I say, seek unity by practicing the art of unifying with God. In that success you may discover that your concept will be correct, that our pre-life as you put it, is fulfilled. As I see it only then may this understanding of yours be true, though I think you will have a different idea of it at that time. That appears to me to be the only sense in which your discovery can be unified in fact but the road of personal discovery within, of literally interacting with your God fragment is more valuable and important than this concept of yours, isn't it?

Jim

PostPosted:  

Quote:

Stephen, no matter what errors you may post regarding your interpretation of The Urantia Book, I am personally heartened by this lovely statement. If this is your sincere takeaway from the revelation, it is a good one, in my opinion.

I am again heartened by the efforts of others to help point you in the right direction as regards your insistence on stating as fact that which appears to be simply your own round-about logic about those facts that are presented to us in the book. That's what we're here for. Again, I sincerely hope that you can take to heart what your fellows are trying to do with, and for, you.

And as stated once before, please try to come half-way with these efforts. It is a sign of maturity to entertain the idea that what we think is so, may not be. And be willing to examine our cherished ideas when presented with the logical information given us through this revelation, and lovingly explained through this fellowship. Jesus exhorted us to be open-minded and teachable, like a child. This is a good attitude to adopt for all of us when discussing the revelation.

maryjo