Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:02 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next
PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
I don't accept your dogma! You are so arrogant! Anxiety does not find satisfaction until the potentials are settled, meaning we must seek the will of God in order to know what to do in each situation!

Are you the Apostle Paul, "having fought the good fight", "Have you been to the mountain" like Martin Luther King II? You have assurance and so you do not possess any anxiety fear or disappointment? Most unbelievable.

Again, you are being unrealistic and impractical in your approach. Assurance as you have espoused, I have not found. If the ultimate object in maturation is in becoming a finalitor, but a human being can ascend in one lifetime and find "indomitable faith". But you are pretending Bradley!

SEla_Kelly wrote:
But God might have known me before I was even born! I cannot simply have assurance: I must gain it experiencially! Assurance is not the solution but the result from my bushido and efforts! It is like giving a child a big 'ol lump of clay and saying "here you go here is your sculpture" or a chunk of ore to the Smith, and saying oh well here's your sword! The skills are real and incrementally developed within my tabernacle, and the assurance comes as a result! God sends each human individual the Father Fragment, but this does not gaurantee survival. But you may be assured IF you have this relationship, then you can seek wisdom and find solution for universe dilemmas.

Bradley is speaking of some abstract assurance "as a solution" that the Father Fragment has, existentially, but what about the assurance that I provide to God the Father i.e. "assurance as a result"?

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Well, sure, but to me that is a matter of faith. And I do not have certainty or assurances, the full realisation of faith, like Bradley espouses with regards to post-ultimate status of my eternal existence. Only great men & women have obtained that, and I have not heard them flaunt such attainment as that the way he does. To me, it is arrogant to think that I have won the total acceptance and fusion with the Father Fragment, that anxiety and disappointment are no longer valuable. I won't allow myself to believe it unless it happen, and if you do think you have gained such assurance, I will tell you 1001 times that it is the false assurance and comfort of withdrawing from the earthly affairs, some kind of preemptive or existential Nirdvandva. Don't hang your hat up yet! Societies develop and gain esteem, and through history have fallen like Ikarus, in the face of overconfidence, overzealousness, with the conviction of final attainment. That is what I hear from Bradley's explanations, not real assurance which might only be confirmed by the faith relationship. It sounds more like a goal a potential than an actuality. But worse, for Bradley to believe in his assurances as such, his arrogance becomes fixed and overshadow the spiritual nucleus of the mind, which makes all things new.

And the Father Fragment's assurance? But this is a tender loving father personality, who is drawn to the suffering and anxiety of others in a most sympathetic and effective manner! I want my own nature to become that, not my intellect. The way he talks about anxiety invalidates anxiety, disappointment and failure. He is not showing me how he has gained assurance in the way he explains it.

From a prior post of Stephen's (page 3 of this topic/thread dated April 29):

I must learn to trust my perception, even if my expression is not wrought of ultimate and final truth values. I want to observe beauty, know truth, and recognise goodness, and work in a silent regards to assist the life of God within every development of the grand universe.

In this respect, you are speaking about issues of personal discernment, but be careful. As much as you would contest the actual truth, which I espouse through my expression, you are hurting yourself with the "He is" misidentificational error, which can be just as detrimental as "I am" misrepresentation.

The "He is" applies to my own thoughts, as I am the one who thinks "He is", often enough during bouts of self-accusation something that another person does or says, something that happens per se, I will blame "He did this". But I do this, I am the one usually enough who has set the foundation of the universe off-kilter enough to either provoke the errors of accusation, or else not deal soundly enough with every situation I invovled in.

If it is my expression which the group would deem to be in error, then this would be in the apprehension or judgment of the Quorum within the group. I would like to foment and solidify the guidelines of Quorum within JEsusonian Truthbook. I do not regard the Thought Adjuster, as an individual fragment of God the Father within every human individual, as an experiencial actuality (and I accept that the ways of the Thought Adjuster may be unsearchable as is the Universal Father): I regard the Thought Adjuster as a theoretical possibility [b], but maybe people in Society who actually do have a connection with their Thought Adjusters "Thought Controllers", have acted in a fatherly way to help me find work and advice me as to reality approach.

Bradly Responds (also page 3 on April 29): Thank you again Stephen for confirming that you do not believe the contents and claims of the UB. Despite your many frequent proclamations of belief, you are finally demonstrating a more truthful and accurate portrayal of your actual lack of belief and many disagreements with the contents of the Papers.

Your disbelief is fine and not unusual or unwelcome. We gather here as students, not a body of professed believers. Neither are we here to convince you or any others or to convert you to any cause or belief. My objection to your prior posts is the fact of your repetitious contradictions of the text with your own beliefs which conflict directly with the text in so many and such profound ways while you endlessly proclaim your belief in the UB....

….What we do here Stephen is study the contents of the UB. No one here can prove them and no one here is going to try to. We simply read, study, share and seek to understand those contents. Some of us apply them to our daily life and find truth which adjusts our perspective of reality and brings change to our motives, intentions, priorities, and choices in life and some come to believe the contents and claims of the authors. But here, we are students first.

You must decide the value to you of such reading, study, and sharing. I hope you will come to accept that those beliefs, claims, proclamations, theories, and declarations you make here will always be compared to and contrasted with the Papers. That's what we do here. Your disbelief does not entitle you to additional accommodations. But it is helpful to know. Your beliefs are your own to choose Stephen. For myself, [b]I have no doubt you are a God believer and you walk the Pilgrim's Path to Paradise
...no matter our disagreements about the UB or any other thing.

Your proclaimed disbelief explains much about your many posts and topics here over the years. Peace.

:wink: :biggrin: 8)[/b]

Me here now: Well Stephen, I am glad you have found your voice to make your beliefs here on this matter clear and succinct. I am most sorry that you have not yet discovered the assurance of faith as described in the Papers (as posted here by many) and that you suffer from such deep doubts as to the factual ministry of the Spirits in mind and your safety in God's universe simply by wishing and hoping for survival and God's blessing to become and to perfect by his love, mercy, patience, affection, and forgiveness.

You are right that I have come to assume my Sonship status and to have found a profound comfort and confirmation of that status which the Papers promise is our legacy and destiny, even as mortals and tadpoles in this brief life. It is not arrogant to believe in God or have faith or feel sublime assurance in my destiny and my personal safety in God's friendly universe. Your accusations and personal insults reveals much about you Stephen and your attitude here.

To have such sublime peace does not require fusion or great Circle Progress either...it only requires the faith of a child who is assured of the parents' power, care, love, and presence. I claim only the status of tadpole Stephen, just one of 7 billion on Urantia. I am nobody from nowhere with nothing....except my faith.

The assurance I have is within the inherent nature of the relationship between mortals and Deity in our minds and soul. First is the relationship to the Mother Spirit...her's is the gift of awareness of the presence of God within and the comfort of God within, the urges within which we respond to which gives birth to faith and results in the faith response - Divine assurance. Then comes the whisper and voice of the Father Spirit upon the birth of soul, who's presence reveals truth to us and adds to our responsive relationship within by more "presence" affirmation and by truth assurance. This is the natural order for all mortals we are told and taught.

I am very distressed right now by your own doubts and lack of such assurance of your status and standing in God's kingdom and family. I do not believe, nor have I ever said (to anyone) that I am higher or greater or better than any other soul in all the universe of universes. Your anxieties and doubts are very real I know. I do not know their origin or how best to soothe them. I can only tell how confident I am in your status and in your destiny and that my confidence relies heavily upon the teachings of Jesus 2000 years ago and the 5th Epochal Revelation we share here, which is filled with positive affirmations and assurances as to God's nature and our future as his children.

100:6.6 (1101.1) One of the most amazing earmarks of religious living is that dynamic and sublime peace, that peace which passes all human understanding, that cosmic poise which betokens the absence of all doubt and turmoil. Such levels of spiritual stability are immune to disappointment. Such religionists are like the Apostle Paul, who said: “I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else shall be able to separate us from the love of God.” [/color]

Jesus said:

156:5.12 (1739.7) Kingdom believers should possess an implicit faith, a whole-souled belief, in the certain triumph of righteousness. Kingdom builders must be undoubting of the truth of the gospel of eternal salvation. Believers must increasingly learn how to step aside from the rush of life—escape the harassments of material existence—while they refresh the soul, inspire the mind, and renew the spirit by worshipful communion.

156:5.13 (1739. God-knowing individuals are not discouraged by misfortune or downcast by disappointment. Believers are immune to the depression consequent upon purely material upheavals; spirit livers are not perturbed by the episodes of the material world. Candidates for eternal life are practitioners of an invigorating and constructive technique for meeting all of the vicissitudes and harassments of mortal living. Every day a true believer lives, he finds it easier to do the right thing.

156:5.20 (1740.7) The God-conscious mortal is certain of salvation; he is unafraid of life; he is honest and consistent. He knows how bravely to endure unavoidable suffering; he is uncomplaining when faced by inescapable hardship.

156:5.21 (1740. The true believer does not grow weary in well-doing just because he is thwarted. Difficulty whets the ardor of the truth lover, while obstacles only challenge the exertions of the undaunted kingdom builder.

We gather here to study this great book of glorious hope and insight into the nature of reality and our place in that reality. It has been given to us to relieve despair and assuage our anxieties and encourage our hope and embolden our trust and confidence in God's friendly universe!!!

That is the essence of this Revelation and the Jesusonian Gospel which I believe in whole heartedly and profess to all. I look forward to that time when you might come to understand its message and embrace it like so many of us have. The TruthBook is the Comfort Book and the Book of Confirmations, Affirmations, and Assurance. It's entire purpose is to be a beacon and guiding light on the Pilgrim's Path for all of Urantia's tadpoles and pilgrims. I am but one of those.....as are you!

8)

Over many years here I have very often offered you my assurances of and confidence in your own salvation and survival and destiny (as I did here back on page 3) based on my understanding of the UB and your stated beliefs and obvious hopes for the eternal adventure. I have always met with your rebuff and scolding about my personal arrogance because of my confidence in our soul's future and destiny. So be it. The UB says doubt and confusion can never prevent our survival and progress, they may but slow it down incrementally. I will persist in sharing this great truth and hope to all who attend here at TruthBook.

Last edited by fanofVan on Fri May 17, 2019 3:55 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

Maybe I am indwellt by the Thought Adjuster! I have not been able to prove it to myself! Your comfort and assurance goes against the uncertainty whereby the Divine Minister and through various agencies of seraphim other angels may instill into the mind new possibilities, which are part of the coordinate activities of the Supreme Being. This I experience and understand, whereas the Thought Adjuster remains a mystery to me. You cannot apologise for my own quandaries and ideas, and my admittance upon the ungraspable grasp of the Thought Adjuster. Even if I declare that I do not recognise the Thought Adjuster who indwells me, but yet I accept the teachings of tUB hello. Even assurance of survival in the mansonia I cannot claim. I want to, yes of course I will elect as such, but to say as an intellectual goal seems fallow.

The True Assurance you espouse can only come after fusion, and the uncertainty spoken in the Urantia Book is so closely related to anxiety and adaptation, that assuagement is again a false offering, to one who actually is in distress. You really know how to insult a person while sounding nice and altruistic, Bradley. Mysela, I prefer direct communication and real honesty.

The assurance is given by the Thought Adjuster, and if you have found it like you say, then you must already be fused immortal status. Uncertain. My assurance comes from accruing faith through confidence and skills and wisdom.

PostPosted:  

Your disagreement is not with me. You simply do not believe the teachings of the Revelation. So be it. But it is that which we study here and not your beliefs which contradict it. The UB assures us of assurance.

One may have faith without and prior to fusion...or so the book which teaches us about fusion and the Thought Adjuster teaches. Funny you adopt terms from their original source but do not then believe the source itself. Very odd.

Faith itself delivers us from suffering anxiety and from all aspects of confusion related to uncertainty. One may not fuse without faith first...and for a long time. The fruits of the spirit do not grow without faith first either. We must attach the branch to the vine by faith. Faith is first a gift given to us by the Spirits within, born of the Adjutant Spirits, even as children. Faith does not replace experience but it is only by experience in faith that delivers progress and growth.

I hope you will come to seek counsel and guidance from the Revelation we share and study here together as it offers much to comfort us and gain confidence by to more rigorously face the challenges of material life and religious growth. It's teachings are clear and confirm the Jesusonian Gospel of Good News from long ago.

Don't be downcast Stephen...you shall find the light you seek for I am sure.

102:1.1 (1118.4) The work of the Thought Adjuster constitutes the explanation of the translation of man’s primitive and evolutionary sense of duty into that higher and more certain faith in the eternal realities of revelation. There must be perfection hunger in man’s heart to insure capacity for comprehending the faith paths to supreme attainment. If any man chooses to do the divine will, he shall know the way of truth. It is literally true, “Human things must be known in order to be loved, but divine things must be loved in order to be known.” But honest doubts and sincere questionings are not sin; such attitudes merely spell delay in the progressive journey toward perfection attainment. Childlike trust secures man’s entrance into the kingdom of heavenly ascent, but progress is wholly dependent on the vigorous exercise of the robust and confident faith of the full-grown man.

110:3.5 (1206.3) Confusion, being puzzled, even sometimes discouraged and distracted, does not necessarily signify resistance to the leadings of the indwelling Adjuster. Such attitudes may sometimes connote lack of active co-operation with the divine Monitor and may, therefore, somewhat delay spiritual progress, but such intellectual emotional difficulties do not in the least interfere with the certain survival of the God-knowing soul. Ignorance alone can never prevent survival; neither can confusional doubts nor fearful uncertainty. Only conscious resistance to the Adjuster’s leading can prevent the survival of the evolving immortal soul.

110:3.6 (1206.4) You must not regard co-operation with your Adjuster as a particularly conscious process, for it is not; but your motives and your decisions, your faithful determinations and your supreme desires, do constitute real and effective co-operation. You can consciously augment Adjuster harmony by:

110:3.7 (1206.5) 1. Choosing to respond to divine leading; sincerely basing the human life on the highest consciousness of truth, beauty, and goodness, and then co-ordinating these qualities of divinity through wisdom, worship, faith, and love.

110:3.8 (1206.6) 2. Loving God and desiring to be like him—genuine recognition of the divine fatherhood and loving worship of the heavenly Parent.

110:3.9 (1206.7) 3. Loving man and sincerely desiring to serve him—wholehearted recognition of the brotherhood of man coupled with an intelligent and wise affection for each of your fellow mortals.

110:3.10 (1206.8) 4. Joyful acceptance of cosmic citizenship—honest recognition of your progressive obligations to the Supreme Being, awareness of the interdependence of evolutionary man and evolving Deity. This is the birth of cosmic morality and the dawning realization of universal duty.

Last edited by fanofVan on Fri May 17, 2019 6:03 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
The True Assurance you espouse can only come after fusion, and the uncertainty spoken in the Urantia Book is so closely related to anxiety and adaptation, that assuagement is again a false offering, to one who actually is in distress. You really know how to insult a person while sounding nice and altruistic, Bradley. Mysela, I prefer direct communication and real honesty.

Stephan, I can only say that I find your plea here sincere. I don't like to think that you are in distress. Your back-and-forth with Bradly is painful to see, although I feel somehow that we are all getting to know you a little better. And that's a good thing, brother! We all struggle in our own ways...

My fondest hope for you is that you may come to know that assurance of the Father. It is a rich blessing, and maybe it is only had by faith...I don't know for sure. But when I read of assurance in The Urantia Book, I really WANT to believe it...and so I do, because i have come to have certain experiences that tell me the Father really is there, really is in control of all. But I think maybe it's not that simple for everyone.

maryjo

PostPosted:  

26:5.3 (291.3) That, then, is the primary or elementary course which confronts the faith-tested and much-traveled pilgrims of space. But long before reaching Havona, these ascendant children of time have learned to feast upon uncertainty, to fatten upon disappointment, to enthuse over apparent defeat, to invigorate in the presence of difficulties, to exhibit indomitable courage in the face of immensity, and to exercise unconquerable faith when confronted with the challenge of the inexplicable. Long since, the battle cry of these pilgrims became: “In liaison with God, nothing—absolutely nothing—is impossible.”

"But long before....". This indicates to me uncertainty, disappointment, failure, difficulties, and facing immensity, enormity, and the inexplicable are certainly not merely mortal challenges and that these are not "vestiges" of our animal legacy to be cured or outgrown by the mansion worlds experience. We are taught that even the angels deal with such issues and we know the rebellion ensnared many different personalities and types of beings. These challenges are, I think, evolutionary challenges that are part of the hammer and anvil and forging fires of experience and trials of time, which shape us into spiritual beings of perfected motive and experiential wisdom.

These then are the challenges of personality in time which form our very identity. These are that which only faith and truth can overcome and only by the transfer of our very identity from material beings to spiritual beings. As we will come to be fused with the God Fragment in the local universe adventure, I am inclined to believe that these challenges will continue to attend our education and progress AFTER fusion as well. The birth of soul, our betrothal/commitment to God (being born again), resurrection from the slumber after mortal death, and fusion are all stages of progress through the seven psychic circles.

But they are really only the beginning of the mortal eternal adventure to finality. At none of those stages is anything final or complete or settled....except for one thing....upon fusion then and not until then is eternal life truly a certainty (this happens for the vast majority of us on the Mansion Worlds). We are given our eternal name and final registry at this time. Other than that we remain evolutionary and experiential beings who are not yet and still far from 'perfect' or perfected with eons of time and education and experience and uncertainty and error and disappointment and failure to overcome and learn thereof and thereby still to come.

A Great Promise:

5:1.11 Mortal man may draw near God and may repeatedly forsake the divine will so long as the power of choice remains. Man's final doom is not sealed until he has lost the power to choose the Father's will. There is never a closure of the Father's heart to the need and the petition of his children. Only do his offspring close their hearts forever to the Father's drawing power when they finally and forever lose the desire to do his divine will—to know him and to be like him. Likewise is man's eternal destiny assured when Adjuster fusion proclaims to the universe that such an ascender has made the final and irrevocable choice to live the Father's will.

5:1.12 The great God makes direct contact with mortal man and gives a part of his infinite and eternal and incomprehensible self to live and dwell within him. God has embarked upon the eternal adventure with man. If you yield to the leadings of the spiritual forces in you and around you, you cannot fail to attain the high destiny established by a loving God as the universe goal of his ascendant creatures from the evolutionary worlds of space.

So what do the list of challenges have in common? I think it is the importance of self compared to the confidence in Divinity. The first must become diminished and the second must become dominant. Our personality must relinquish and submit itself to its source I think and our identity must become so love saturated and motivated that self identifies with service to others. By doing so we will come to learn to measure outcomes not by their effect upon us in the moment but how the All is served best in eternity. It is a time frame perspective as well as paradigm or lens shift away from effect upon me to effect upon others.

Jesus taught us that even mortal tadpoles in this brief life upon the worlds of origin can enjoy the beginnings and the blessings of such perspective. Can we perfect it? No...or mostly not. But we can begin and we can be blessed by the fruits of the spirit and by an inner peace and by complete security in the confusions and uncertainties which confront and confound us. Yes we can!! Jesus said so and the Revelation confirms this Good News!! And THIS IS THE GOSPEL AND GOOD NEWS - the Jesusonian Gospel we can immediately and completely embrace to ourselves and for ourselves right now, today and wherever we are. We can become faith children no matter who we are and no matter our circumstances or situation or health or education or location or suffering or poverty or confusion or doubt.

God lives within. God loves us. God will save us from tribulation and trial and suffering and doom and gloom...if only we allow God to do so. What must we do? Believe the voice within is true. Embrace the promise of truth, beauty, and goodness. Trust God in his goodness and trust his love for us to be true. Pray for help and understanding. And begin to act as if we live in a friendly universe completely safe in God's caretaking and in a family. This is faith. Faith is an act, not a mere belief. We must act in faith. The more we do so the more faith we have and the more truth we will receive and the more confident we become in God's love and affection and forgiveness and mercy and patience and tenderness for his children in time.

Plant the acorn of trust and behold the mighty oak of faith grow and grow and grow!

And Jesus said:

156:5.8 (1739.3) Do not become discouraged by the discovery that you are human. Human nature may tend toward evil, but it is not inherently sinful. Be not downcast by your failure wholly to forget some of your regrettable experiences. The mistakes which you fail to forget in time will be forgotten in eternity. Lighten your burdens of soul by speedily acquiring a long-distance view of your destiny, a universe expansion of your career.

156:5.9 (1739.4) Make not the mistake of estimating the soul’s worth by the imperfections of the mind or by the appetites of the body. Judge not the soul nor evaluate its destiny by the standard of a single unfortunate human episode. Your spiritual destiny is conditioned only by your spiritual longings and purposes.

156:5.10 (1739.5) Religion is the exclusively spiritual experience of the evolving immortal soul of the God-knowing man, but moral power and spiritual energy are mighty forces which may be utilized in dealing with difficult social situations and in solving intricate economic problems. These moral and spiritual endowments make all levels of human living richer and more meaningful.

156:5.12 (1739.7) Kingdom believers should possess an implicit faith, a whole-souled belief, in the certain triumph of righteousness. Kingdom builders must be undoubting of the truth of the gospel of eternal salvation. Believers must increasingly learn how to step aside from the rush of life—escape the harassments of material existence—while they refresh the soul, inspire the mind, and renew the spirit by worshipful communion.

156:5.13 (1739. God-knowing individuals are not discouraged by misfortune or downcast by disappointment. Believers are immune to the depression consequent upon purely material upheavals; spirit livers are not perturbed by the episodes of the material world. Candidates for eternal life are practitioners of an invigorating and constructive technique for meeting all of the vicissitudes and harassments of mortal living. Every day a true believer lives, he finds it easier to do the right thing.

156:5.20 (1740.7) The God-conscious mortal is certain of salvation; he is unafraid of life; he is honest and consistent. He knows how bravely to endure unavoidable suffering; he is uncomplaining when faced by inescapable hardship.

156:5.21 (1740. The true believer does not grow weary in well-doing just because he is thwarted. Difficulty whets the ardor of the truth lover, while obstacles only challenge the exertions of the undaunted kingdom builder.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Fri May 17, 2019 6:55 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
Maybe I am indwellt by the Thought Adjuster! I have not been able to prove it to myself! Your comfort and assurance goes against the uncertainty whereby the Divine Minister and through various agencies of seraphim other angels may instill into the mind new possibilities, which are part of the coordinate activities of the Supreme Being. This I experience and understand, whereas the Thought Adjuster remains a mystery to me. You cannot apologise for my own quandaries and ideas, and my admittance upon the ungraspable grasp of the Thought Adjuster. Even if I declare that I do not recognise the Thought Adjuster who indwells me, but yet I accept the teachings of tUB hello. Even assurance of survival in the mansonia I cannot claim. I want to, yes of course I will elect as such, but to say as an intellectual goal seems fallow.

The assurance is given by the Thought Adjuster, and if you have found it like you say, then you must already be fused immortal status. Uncertain. My assurance comes from accruing faith through confidence and skills and wisdom.

I have a few comments on this post Stephen. But first I want to make clear to all and certainly to you that there is no information or knowledge within the UB that must be believed to know God's assurance and to have faith and to grow in Spirit and be saved and survive death by resurrection or achieve fusion. Like all readers I have met and known over the decades, the Spirit life of assurance and faith started long before finding the UB. The Revelation has certainly helped reduce confusions and eliminate errors of concept, belief, and perspective and has helped reduce many prior confusions and has contributed to a more confident attitude toward destiny and has certainly enhanced the assurance of a friendly universe and loving God and family of creation. But none of this originated with or depends upon the UB.

As I have already mentioned, it is illogical, if not irrational, to believe in concepts first introduced by the UB (like Adjusters, the Mansion Worlds, fusion, the Adjutants, the Supreme Being, etc.) but to disbelieve what the UB then teaches us about those concepts. To believe in the concept originated in the Papers but then dismiss and contradict the teachings about those is a very dysfunctional and disorienting claim that really cannot be substantiated as true or real or credible or believable.

The Divine Minister does not "instill" uncertainty or anxiety Stephen. Uncertainty is a result of free will and inexperience and immaturity and is simply defined as unknown outcomes in the face of choice...the uncertainty of the outcomes delivers uncertainty of the right or best or better choice among multiple options of choice. Anxiety is the emotional response some of us have toward uncertainty. Sometimes only some uncertainties and for others all uncertainties cause anxiety.

God within is a mystery. It is a mystery even to the authors of the UB. It is one of the greatest of all mysteries. Nonetheless, many believers know of God within and felt the presence and heard the whisper and know the knock on the door and have felt the comfort and confirmation of this very personal relationship - the personality of the one with the source of all personality and the original personality, the creator and bestower of all personality. This begins even prior to the Adjuster's presence who's arrival further accelerates and confirms this relationship, by the faith ministry and evolutionary religious experience of children with the Adjutants and Holy Spirit. We can recognize God within without definition or real knowledge of what that means or how to describe this reality....it is more of a feeling that slowly grows into a knowing I think.

So do you feel the yearn Stephen? Do you hunger for righteousness and thirst for truth? For these are proof of the Spirit within...animals do not experience these urges and yearns. But they have a very particular source and that source is Spirit. Assurance is a response to your response to the Spirit. You feel the yearn and respond to it and both faith and assurance are the result!!

This is what the UB teaches Stephen. It is not enough to intellectually accept a few terms and concepts. It is the truth within and relationship between those concepts where you will find meaning and value and truth. The reduction of fear and anxiety and message of hope and trust is certainly NOT ARROGANT or insulting Stephen. You claim to accept and believe the teachings of the UB but then contradict them and dismiss them as unwelcome and fictional. You must choose a lane here Stephen. The UB directly, clearly, and redundantly says that assurance does not require fusion and also is clear that anxiety is not healthy is abandoned best by faith which also does not require fusion!!

We choose to feel anxiety. We may choose otherwise whenever we choose to as well. Personalities have free will. Even material experience and wisdom discovers the futility and cost of anxiety and mortal mind can certainly abandon such immaturity. We cannot blame our anxieties on Deity. Even non-believers may abandon anxiety and fear. Certainly should believers with genuine faith find assurance within as this the reward and result of faith...or so the UB teaches.

101:2.14 Your deepest nature—the divine Adjuster—creates within you a hunger and thirst for righteousness, a certain craving for divine perfection. Religion is the faith act of the recognition of this inner urge to divine attainment; and thus is brought about that soul trust and assurance of which you become conscious as the way of salvation, the technique of the survival of personality and all those values which you have come to look upon as being true and good.

101:2.15 The realization of religion never has been, and never will be, dependent on great learning or clever logic. It is spiritual insight, and that is just the reason why some of the world's greatest religious teachers, even the prophets, have sometimes possessed so little of the wisdom of the world. Religious faith is available alike to the learned and the unlearned.

101:2.16 Religion must ever be its own critic and judge; it can never be observed, much less understood, from the outside. Your only assurance of a personal God consists in your own insight as to your belief in, and experience with, things spiritual. To all of your fellows who have had a similar experience, no argument about the personality or reality of God is necessary, while to all other men who are not thus sure of God no possible argument could ever be truly convincing.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Fri May 17, 2019 6:51 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
You feel the yearn and respond to it and both faith and assurance are the result!!
. . .
Even material experience and wisdom discovers the futility and cost of anxiety and mortal mind can certainly abandon such immaturity.

Thanks Bradly for your great summary (above).

Regarding the way we are free to choose "anxiety", I once did that all the time. And what a fearful time that was! Now, anxiety is almost abandoned :biggrin:

Nigel

PostPosted:  

What a summary Bradly! Thank you for such an eye opening and mind expanding explanation!! You just gave expression to what I have been trying to grasp for quite a while. I would love to copy what you wrote and save it in my diary- with your permission of course- for future reference.

PostPosted:  

Thank you Nigel and my new friend wiffinzebe. Anything I write is in the public domain and may be reproduced...with or without credit to fanofVan….hahahha. But do remember, anything I post that is not a direct quote is merely my opinion, recollection, and understanding of the teachings. I can say that the past few years of intense study of the teachings have brought forth many new and deeper meanings and, I think, a greater understanding and appreciation.

I have no doubt that additional time in study and life will deliver ever more new perspective. The UB is quite the lens with which to examine reality and especially the nature of faith and truth and assurance and personal religious experience...all and each of which means something to me today that is far different than just a few years ago. Papers 99-103 have been especially valuable in expanding my opinions on faith responses and personal evolutionary religious experience that give birth to soul and how natural and inevitable and inherently effective is the connection between mortal mind and the presence of Deity.

The UB delivers descriptions and definitions and concepts and connections that complete a wonderful presentation of God's presence within us all that is absolutely dependable and successful in the planned and purposeful connection to the minds of every and all of God's children, especially those in time and especially us lowly and farthest removed mortals! The commitment to connection and relationship and nurturing and soothing and assuring and teaching us children of time is incredible to contemplate. It is by coming to understand how important is the function of uncertainty and how to gain absolute security and confidence, by faith, in the midst of all confusion and uncertainty, that my latest gains in understanding have come.

Jesus taught us that only faith and trust in God will deliver us to happiness no matter the material circumstances and outcomes in life....and faith and trust are also what will deliver us to the embrace and feasting upon the unknown, the uncertain, the difficult, even the insurmountable and the inexplicable and the vastness of infinity and eternity!! Such faith and trust deliver courage and hope and perspective to reduce all worry about me to better consider the better option for the good of others at the intersections of decision. It's a learning process that takes far more experience and wisdom than I have achieved to truly eliminate self interest...but it is something we can begin to do and know some success with, even as tadpoles I think.

:wink: 8)

PostPosted:  

Stephen says above: "Anxiety does not find satisfaction until the potentials are settled, meaning we must seek the will of God in order to know what to do in each situation!"

Doubts about our survival, feeling unconnected or disconnected to the Spirit within, lack or loss of the assurance and surety connection to the "other's" presence and the accompanying feelings of affection and belonging and confirmations of truth and right choices, and our confusion and uncertainty about what God's will may be in all situations (quote above) can certainly create lots of anxiety and fears.

Unfortunately for those who suffer anxiety, the potentials will never be "settled". There is no finality to any act or choice and its effects. For every choice results in new potential as do all realizations and actualizations of potential creates new potential. Time and free will is a perpetual potential machine. Especially when our choices are modified and affected by other personalities making their own free will choices...including ALL others or the effects of all choices. We are changed, in time and over time, by the choices we make so even the person making choices is changing. Nothing can be "settled" in such a reality.

This is a futile desire for certainty in outcomes rather than certainty in faith and security and confidence in God's will and the fluid and unpredictable nature of situational responses and repercussions and ultimate causations and effects. Actual outcomes will always be uncertain...this is a promise based on reality itself. Get used to it. Depend upon it. We can never settle nor predict nor control with any accuracy actual outcomes...or not without a whole lot more experiential wisdom. But remember, even the Creator Son is often surprised!! Not knowing the future and outcomes with any settled predictability causes fear and anxiety in some people...not a good response or reaction and not helpful and certainly not "healthy".

Such fear and anxiety does cause true distress! But this is self chosen distress. The solution is simply faith and trust. Faith in God. Faith in God's power, and purpose, and plan, and love, and mercy, and Fatherly affection. To live in anxiety is simply to live without faith and trust. How can one express anxiety about doing God's will on one hand while being faithless on the other? God's will and way is not difficult nor mysterious. Perfecting the expression of his will by tadpoles takes time and time we are given....mind + free will + personality+ time.

Many subscribe to the myth that we are supposed to know or can know or will ever come to know God's will and "know what to do in every situation". This is another primary cause of confusion and anxiety and is a most unfortunate misunderstanding and embrace of unreality. The Revelation teaches us that it is easy and not difficult to do the will of God...it is not a matter of "what" but is a matter of "why". God measures our motive and makes allowance for our experience and wisdom and lack thereof. We are given millions and millions of years of gaining experience and wisdom to ever improve our skills regarding the "what" and the "when" (timing) of our choices and actions. In other words, we are not measured so much by our tactics and strategies as much as we are by our motives and intentions.

"What" to do in every situation will still contain error even when doing God's will by doing something for the right reason. The Jesusonian Gospel and the UB gives us instructions on how to purify our motive and our minds so that we can, will, and do embrace and express God's will at the intersections of choice. It is, again, by the transfer of our very identity from the self to the Spirit, and thusly removing self from the seat of importance in our decisions that we accomplish this feat. We make Godly choices. But still will inexperience, immaturity, impatience, ignorance, and error attend even such Godly choices. We are not God. Our choices will not be perfect in timing, judgment, execution, and outcome.

Often such anxieties can become debilitating and make us hesitate and procrastinate and feel inadequate and even paralyze us from moving forward....too afraid of mistakes and errors to choose and to act. When instead, if we would simply purify our heart and mind in prayer and choose based on love, truth, beauty, and goodness in service then we will have made a good choice, a Godly choice, and according to God's will. Such a pure heart that trusts God can be free of anxiety and responsibility for the outcomes of such choices....even when we witness the imperfections in our tactics, strategies, and outcomes...which should lead to more experience, greater wisdom, the perfecting process, and better results next time!!

Stephen says above: "But God might have known me before I was even born!"

Not according to the Papers we study here Stephen!! Nope. No pre-existence of your person or soul. This is our first and only edition!! We are a unique result of our material gene pool combined with the gifts of mind, free will, and personality whose character is determined by our choices over time. We choose who we are as we become the result of our choices. The more we respond to Spirit and the more spiritualized we become, the more real we are and become.

Finally, for now, some words of wisdom from the Master to consider. By our free will, we choose our reality. If we do not like our reality or the results of our choices, then we should choose better. Those who attend here have the opportunity to read, study, share, and learn the wisdom of the ages and the truths about the facts of reality. Still some reject truth and wallow in doubt and self pity (self importance) while rejecting hope and trust and faith and assurance which is promised to all those who merely embrace reality. To sympathize with those who consciously choose anxiety and fear and reject the truth we share here together is a dangerous and fruitless waste of time. We choose our own reality and we may reject reality as we choose. Both choices come with results and repercussions.

159:3.10 (1766.6) You shall not portray your teacher as a man of sorrows. Future generations shall know also the radiance of our joy, the buoyance of our good will, and the inspiration of our good humor. We proclaim [color=#0000FF]a message of good news which is infectious in its transforming power. Our religion is throbbing with new life and new meanings. Those who accept this teaching are filled with joy and in their hearts are constrained to rejoice evermore. Increasing happiness is always the experience of all who are certain about God.
[/color]
159:3.11 (1766.7) Teach all believers to avoid leaning upon the insecure props of false sympathy. You cannot develop strong characters out of the indulgence of self-pity; honestly endeavor to avoid the deceptive influence of mere fellowship in misery. Extend sympathy to the brave and courageous while you withhold overmuch pity from those cowardly souls who only halfheartedly stand up before the trials of living. Offer not consolation to those who lie down before their troubles without a struggle. Sympathize not with your fellows merely that they may sympathize with you in return.

8)

159:3.12 (1766.8) When my children once become self-conscious of the assurance of the divine presence, such a faith will expand the mind, ennoble the soul, reinforce the personality, augment the happiness, deepen the spirit perception, and enhance the power to love and be loved.

159:3.13 (1767.1) Teach all believers that those who enter the kingdom are not thereby rendered immune to the accidents of time or to the ordinary catastrophes of nature. Believing the gospel will not prevent getting into trouble, but it will insure that you shall be unafraid when trouble does overtake you. If you dare to believe in me and wholeheartedly proceed to follow after me, you shall most certainly by so doing enter upon the sure pathway to trouble. I do not promise to deliver you from the waters of adversity, but I do promise to go with you through all of them.

8)

What a promise!! Do we believe it? Do we have faith in the truth of the Master's teachings from 2000 years ago? The UB only reiterates and reinforces these words. Faith and assurance are available to all who will but respond to the whisper within. God loves us. Do you trust him....or not? Only such trust delivers assurance and peace of mind and brings forth the fruit of the living vine.

PostPosted:  

It's interesting how two people can understand the same sentence in totally different ways. Wrote Stephen:

"Anxiety does not find satisfaction until the potentials are settled, meaning we must seek the will of God in order to know what to do in each situation!"

Here's how I interpret it: An individual's unfulfilled potentials can create anxiety in the mind, and potentials aren’t settled, or fulfilled, until they become actuals. When an actual is the result of doing the Father’s will, there is satisfaction.

PostPosted:  

And when are potentials "settled"? Anxiety does not find satisfaction until it is abandoned...and replaced by faith, trust, assurance, and confident security. You keep justifying anxiety kat and defending falsehoods. Very strange choices.

And why would or should anyone's unfulfilled potentials EVER cause anxiety? Ridiculous. Those should cause quivering anticipation and hopeful expectations and the excitement of adventure!! To any believer with faith and trust and assurance anyway.

Stephen chooses anxiety and doubt. The fruit of such choices is bitter indeed. He has attended here clinging desperately to his insecurities and fears while contradicting the Papers for 8 solid years. Perhaps he simply prefers the dark side. He certainly does not prefer the teachings to his own beliefs which contradict them.

And what is God's will in each and every situation? Pray tell.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
And when are potentials "settled"?

Why do they use the term "settled in light and life". Isn't that when all finite potentials are settled? Isn't there such a thing as personal light and life, when a personality attains perfected self-realization?

(1290.9) 117:6.23 Man can discover the Father in his heart, but he will have to search for the Supreme in the hearts of all other men; and when all creatures perfectly reveal the love of the Supreme, then will he become a universe actuality to all creatures. And that is just another way of saying that the universes will be settled in light and life.

(1291.1) 117:6.24 The attainment of perfected self-realization by all personalities plus the attainment of perfected equilibrium throughout the universes equals the attainment of the Supreme and witnesses the liberation of all finite reality from the limitations of incomplete existence. Such an exhaustion of all finite potentials yields the completed attainment of the Supreme and may be otherwise defined as the completed evolutionary actualization of the Supreme Being himself.

PostPosted:  

So you recommend anxiety be held and endured until light and life or the exhaustion of all finite potential? Do you think potentials can be actualized and settled prior to fusion? How about after? I don't. When does any personality attain perfection? Not even upon finality. You defy the teachings by your embrace and defense of anxiety. Poppycock. Why not embrace faith and assurance instead?

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Anxiety does not find satisfaction until it is abandoned...and replaced by faith, trust, assurance, and confident security.

Isn't that Buddhism? Do you abandon anxiety first and then discover faith-trust, or do you discover faith-trust first and then learn how to abandon anxiety? Stephen is correct in that it is not a black/white, either/or situation. It's not a one-and-done type of thing. You don't go to the spirit bank and trade in your human anxiety for faith currency then be done with it. It doesn't work that way. Self-mastery is an evolution referred to as the seven psychic, or cosmic circles. Anxieties and uncertainties will be revisited over and over again from different angles and perspectives until a particular purpose has been refined and possibly perfected. Replacement, or abandonment, is a gradual weaning process.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next