Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:42 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted:  

I've posted the following by permission. Although I don't agree with everything stated, what's at the core is resoundingly true.

The DANGERS of the URANTIA BOOK

The Urantia Book (UB) was published in the middle of the 20th Century after having been translated and edited, by God's permission, by fallen Midway Creatures, in order to ensure its publication.  For an evil world will not publish a good book.  The UB had to be so presented to the world so as to attract the wicked in society, those who reject the truths of the Bible, to publish it, as so by God's will to expose the world to the critical 1st section of the book.  The fact that the heads of state, by and large, are veritable rebels against God attests to the truth that this world (earth/"Urantia") is in fact evil, wherein evil is both out of control and in control.

The concepts of the UB are from God and are indeed wholesome and salutary, but the translation and edition do not proceed from Him, but are permitted by Him, or else the UB would NEVER HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED.  Convoluted, abstract, and philosophical language never proceeds from God.  God is simple and forthright.  God allowed evil Midwayers to edit out of the UB all references pertaining to the consequences of wilful evil in the afterworld.  And as they consider Islam to be their pet religion, they carefully removed all references denigrating Islam.  The UB does not consequently, in its present edition,  have the power of grace to transform lives into righteousness as the Bible in fact does.

The ensuing result is that Urantia Book readers (UBers) are, for the most part (in the event of those who virulently reject the Bible), quick and ready to identify themselves with the most wicked elements in society - - violent crime, perversion, Islam, rebellion, wilful ignorance, and strenuous opposition to justice and righteousness.  These UBers are characterized by the following: the inability to reason, lack of common sense, the inclination to exercise cruel and unjust tyranny over those who seek after justice and righteousness; and they readily flee from anything which they are incapable of refuting.

Therefore I say that the Urantia Book is only meant and intended by God for the benefit of those who have MASTERED and fully benefited from the Bible.  Those who profess the Bible to be 100% infallible true and accurate profess thereby that they do not really KNOW the Bible.  Therefore they are exceedingly few who have truly mastered the book and consequently come to admit that this book has its serious problems, as the Ancient Fathers likewise admitted.  God graced the world with the Bible for very many centuries as this is the Introductory Book to the ways of salvation.  And the Urantia Book is a book of ADVANCED revelation to supplement the Bible wherein it lacks.  Just as men were incapable of receiving ALL truth in past times, so are they today.  Both the Bible and the Urantia Book are, by the will of God, flawed books, because men cannot handle ALL truth.  Those who rashly reject the salutary truths of the Bible will not receive from God the grace to understand the Urantia Book correctly.  Therefore, unless you are confirmed by the sealing of the Holy Spirit and are transformed in Jesus Christ, I would caution you to regard the Urantia Book as a dangerous book, one which will not lead and guide you to the everlasting presence of God.  The UB in several places makes it EXCEEDINLY CLEAR that only those who adopt the perfection of the Universal Father will proceed on to the 2nd Mansion World and then on to Havona.  Men of good will can obtain truth only from the Father Within Who alone is infallible, and only those who love righteousness will hear Him.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
I've posted the following by permission. Although I don't agree with everything stated, what's at the core is resoundingly true.

The DANGERS of the URANTIA BOOK

The Urantia Book (UB) was published in the middle of the 20th Century after having been translated and edited, by God's permission, by fallen Midway Creatures, in order to ensure its publication.  For an evil world will not publish a good book.  The UB had to be so presented to the world so as to attract the wicked in society, those who reject the truths of the Bible, to publish it, as so by God's will to expose the world to the critical 1st section of the book.  The fact that the heads of state, by and large, are veritable rebels against God attests to the truth that this world (earth/"Urantia") is in fact evil, wherein evil is both out of control and in control.

The concepts of the UB are from God and are indeed wholesome and salutary, but the translation and edition do not proceed from Him, but are permitted by Him, or else the UB would NEVER HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED.  Convoluted, abstract, and philosophical language never proceeds from God.  God is simple and forthright.  God allowed evil Midwayers to edit out of the UB all references pertaining to the consequences of wilful evil in the afterworld.  And as they consider Islam to be their pet religion, they carefully removed all references denigrating Islam.  The UB does not consequently, in its present edition,  have the power of grace to transform lives into righteousness as the Bible in fact does.

The ensuing result is that Urantia Book readers (UBers) are, for the most part (in the event of those who virulently reject the Bible), quick and ready to identify themselves with the most wicked elements in society - - violent crime, perversion, Islam, rebellion, wilful ignorance, and strenuous opposition to justice and righteousness.  These UBers are characterized by the following: the inability to reason, lack of common sense, the inclination to exercise cruel and unjust tyranny over those who seek after justice and righteousness; and they readily flee from anything which they are incapable of refuting.

Therefore I say that the Urantia Book is only meant and intended by God for the benefit of those who have MASTERED and fully benefited from the Bible.  Those who profess the Bible to be 100% infallible true and accurate profess thereby that they do not really KNOW the Bible.  Therefore they are exceedingly few who have truly mastered the book and consequently come to admit that this book has its serious problems, as the Ancient Fathers likewise admitted.  God graced the world with the Bible for very many centuries as this is the Introductory Book to the ways of salvation.  And the Urantia Book is a book of ADVANCED revelation to supplement the Bible wherein it lacks.  Just as men were incapable of receiving ALL truth in past times, so are they today.  Both the Bible and the Urantia Book are, by the will of God, flawed books, because men cannot handle ALL truth.  Those who rashly reject the salutary truths of the Bible will not receive from God the grace to understand the Urantia Book correctly.  Therefore, unless you are confirmed by the sealing of the Holy Spirit and are transformed in Jesus Christ, I would caution you to regard the Urantia Book as a dangerous book, one which will not lead and guide you to the everlasting presence of God.  The UB in several places makes it EXCEEDINLY CLEAR that only those who adopt the perfection of the Universal Father will proceed on to the 2nd Mansion World and then on to Havona.  Men of good will can obtain truth only from the Father Within Who alone is infallible, and only those who love righteousness will hear Him.

nodAmanaV -- Although, one could imply that the UB could be used in the future as the Bible was used by some to further their own advantages, and there is some truth to what has been noted above. But, it would be interesting to know where this narration originated from, and the religious sect from which it came.

I agree that the knowledge of the Bible may shed some light on the content of the UB, but over time, there has been much which has been either omitted or not included in the Bible which would be essential to understanding the narration of the UB. The Bible seems to be a primer, to seek all of the other text and codex's which fill in the gaps or better combine the philosophies enclosed but, as is mentioned, would require much additional study, and also the inclusion of the context in the UB to actually understand why or for what reason it was presented at the time published.

PostPosted:  

What a load of BS!!! Just another opinion...and not anonymous either.

The Papers were NOT "translated and edited"..."by fallen midwayers" NOR DID "God allowed evil Midwayers to edit out of the UB". What a crock...even for an extreme anonymous opinion.

My opinion is that our Christian friends may have the hardest of all times reconciling personal religious creeds, doctrines, and personal prejudice with the facts and truths presented in the UB. After all, God did not create everything in 7 days and evolution is a tool of creation; Adam and Eve were not the first people; there is no original sin or fall of man; no flood or parting of the sea; no Davidic line; no blood sacrifice or atonement; no hell or damnation to eternal suffering; Jesus was not God's "only" Son; Jesus/Michael created our world and local universe and not God; .....oh I could go on and on. Christianity is not Jesusonian.

By age 14, I began to discern in the scriptures the radical differences between Paulinian Christianity and the Jesusonian Gospel as spoken and recorded in the testaments and thus began my personal journey into religious experience upon the Paradise Path. It is the Jesusonian Gospel that will awaken the world...and has so and does so thanks to those who can already discern its presentation in the Bible OR those who hear the Son's Spirit of Truth gifted to every person on our world...not merely the so called Christians. All of us are God's children. We may all join the kingdom of believers and live forever in joyful adventure.

Appreciate the mods allowing such a liberal platform for such opinions and claims of falsehood and fantasy and fear and suspicion of the Papers and their purpose and their factual presentation of history and cosmology. Weird though.

I must suppose that nod's posting infers his own assent and support of casting doubts and accusations toward that which we are here to study together.....weird as well....and very telling. From what source or record do such claims come - the mind of some great teacher or that of some rather self important one who speaks to the spirits and gods on behalf of others? Good grief!

Glad we have such a keen mind around to keep us from falling for this gift from the rebels! Poppycock.

:roll:

51:3.8 (584.1) On the day of Pentecost the loyal primary and the secondary midwayers effected a voluntary union and have functioned as one unit in world affairs ever since. They serve under the leadership of loyal midwayers alternately chosen from the two groups.

121:8.12 (1343.1) [Acknowledgment: In carrying out my commission to restate the teachings and retell the doings of Jesus of Nazareth, I have drawn freely upon all sources of record and planetary information. My ruling motive has been to prepare a record which will not only be enlightening to the generation of men now living, but which may also be helpful to all future generations. From the vast store of information made available to me, I have chosen that which is best suited to the accomplishment of this purpose. As far as possible I have derived my information from purely human sources. Only when such sources failed, have I resorted to those records which are superhuman. When ideas and concepts of Jesus’ life and teachings have been acceptably expressed by a human mind, I invariably gave preference to such apparently human thought patterns. Although I have sought to adjust the verbal expression the better to conform to our concept of the real meaning and the true import of the Master’s life and teachings, as far as possible, I have adhered to the actual human concept and thought pattern in all my narratives. I well know that those concepts which have had origin in the human mind will prove more acceptable and helpful to all other human minds. When unable to find the necessary concepts in the human records or in human expressions, I have next resorted to the memory resources of my own order of earth creatures, the midwayers. And when that secondary source of information proved inadequate, I have unhesitatingly resorted to the superplanetary sources of information.

121:8.13 (1343.2) The memoranda which I have collected, and from which I have prepared this narrative of the life and teachings of Jesus — aside from the memory of the record of the Apostle Andrew — embrace thought gems and superior concepts of Jesus’ teachings assembled from more than two thousand human beings who have lived on earth from the days of Jesus down to the time of the inditing of these revelations, more correctly restatements. The revelatory permission has been utilized only when the human record and human concepts failed to supply an adequate thought pattern. My revelatory commission forbade me to resort to extrahuman sources of either information or expression until such a time as I could testify that I had failed in my efforts to find the required conceptual expression in purely human sources.

121:8.14 (1343.3) While I, with the collaboration of my eleven associate fellow midwayers and under the supervision of the Melchizedek of record, have portrayed this narrative in accordance with my concept of its effective arrangement and in response to my choice of immediate expression, nevertheless, the majority of the ideas and even some of the effective expressions which I have thus utilized had their origin in the minds of the men of many races who have lived on earth during the intervening generations, right on down to those who are still alive at the time of this undertaking. In many ways I have served more as a collector and editor than as an original narrator. I have unhesitatingly appropriated those ideas and concepts, preferably human, which would enable me to create the most effective portraiture of Jesus’ life, and which would qualify me to restate his matchless teachings in the most strikingly helpful and universally uplifting phraseology. In behalf of the Brotherhood of the United Midwayers of Urantia, I most gratefully acknowledge our indebtedness to all sources of record and concept which have been hereinafter utilized in the further elaboration of our restatement of Jesus’ life on earth.]

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
What a load of BS!!! Just another opinion...and not anonymous either.

The Papers were NOT "translated and edited"..."by fallen midwayers" NOR DID "God allowed evil Midwayers to edit out of the UB". What a crock...even for an extreme anonymous opinion.
[. . .]

"fanofVan" I must admit that the "fallen midwayers" is a stretch, but one must keep in mind that the fourth part of the book, "The Life and Teachings of Jesus", seems to be presented by the "Midwayer Commission", where the previous three parts has been contributed to various other leading presenters or authors, as noted. Nevertheless, there is a distinction between Midwayer's, as "primary" and "secondary" which would indicate differences which might be pertinent, but to apply "fallen", might be more contributed to the "primary" only in that as permanent citizens to this world, I would present a question as to why they needed to be re-created by the Prince's Staff, as having somehow disappeared prior to their arrival? This might indicate that in the prior 500,000 or so years before the assignment of Caligastia and Staff, there may have been some upheaval which caused the primary midwayer's to be vanquished, removed or changed in some way?

Having not noticed the following UB narration from my first reading of the Urantia Book, when having noticed it for the first time, I found it difficult to comprehend only because over my many years of studying Biblical text, I almost took to memory "The Book of Revelation" in its unabridged text, recalling that what was presented in the UB, below, was actually true, having reread that book again, noticing that even by copies where now abridged. I have my own explanation for this but would involve variation in time in order to possibly acquire an understanding for this phenomena, which is only one such example noticed in reading the UB over the years. So, just based on this personal experience, might indicate that there is some spiritual enterprise present in the presentation of the Urantia Book, and that the what, where, when and how, it was presented could very easily be in question, not to mention how we understand reality in general.

Quote:
(1555.7) 139:4.14 When in temporary exile on Patmos, John wrote the Book of Revelation, which you now have in greatly abridged and distorted form. This Book of Revelation contains the surviving fragments of a great revelation, large portions of which were lost, other portions of which were removed, subsequent to John’s writing. It is preserved in only fragmentary and adulterated form.

PostPosted:  

It's clear that that text came from a single person. The ratio of error plus perception in relation to facts that must essentially be considered is very very high. Too high for any kind of commission to let pass.

In some ways that person is certainly perceptive and thoughtful. But as all partially developed humans, there is a huge amount of error (and just plain misunderstanding) on certain points as has been pointed out. I hope the author of those words reaches out to others to compare interpretations on all things important to life, growth and development as the supreme author of life would wish.

P.S. The apparent conflict of interest between the "Angels of Progress" and those who are directed to conserve tradition and spiritual values in human individuals and groups has a bearing, no doubt, on what thoughts and words are propagated at any particular time or place. An unknowing person could easily misinterpret the alternate group as "evil" or disloyal.

PostPosted:  

Why in the world did you post this crock of foolishness on the general discussion forum instead of Abner's Corner? I respectfully request the moderator to move this thread to that appropriate forum for discussing such a controversial, and *unattributed* opinion.

Nod, why do you not attribute the author and source?

What is your intent in bringing this to discussion? The material has the stench of ill will and sophistry.

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

nodAmadon, in the initial post here said that what's at the core of the post is resoundingly true. The first paragraph contains the erroneous statement that TUB was produced by fallen midway creatures. It also says that an evil world will not publish a good book; The Bible (known as The Good Book) has been printed since the 1450's and has helped more people find God than any other work. The next sentence says TUB had to be so presented to the world so as to attract the wicked in society, those who reject the truths of the Bible. This identifies the author as a Biblical fundamentalist with a Christian fundamentalist agenda, not an impartial truth seeker... a rambling and ill-informed author at that.

When TUB was presented, the majority of the population in the USA were well-versed in The Bible. It was used as a reference text in public schools up until about that time. The Bible was fundamental in the majority of the population's religious understanding. So yes, at the time TUB was received it was expected that its readers and adherents would have a firm understanding of the Bible's content and its message; much of the teachings of TUB are built off of that foundation.

We do not accept anonymous postings on the discussion board -- not just anyone's rantings can be posted, nod. Therefore, provide the actual name of the person being quoted with permission or a link to their website. If these aren't provided the topic will be deleted.

Best wishes,
Larry

PostPosted:  

Please delete this topic.

PostPosted:  

"Raymond Benjamins" https://www.facebook.com/GabrielOfUrant ... 0088037792

PostPosted:  

Yes....please do. nod has now shown his willingness, even eagerness, to cast doubts and suspicions of the contents of the UB; the intent of its authors; the nature of the teachings; those truth seekers who study the UB as a community and as individuals; the reality of whose in charge of the universe and our world; the very nature, motives, priorities, and morality of those in whose care we abide; and the very purpose of TruthBook itself.

The piece is, all at once, elitist sophistry elevating the "learned" (or priest class and/or chosen ones) over the many as well as an illogical proclamation that badly misuses random terms FROM the UB without any context related TO the teachings.

It is obvious nod has chosen to be the mouthpiece here for one who has previously been booted - sure sounds like Mr. Benjamins' prior rantings, warnings, and purile demonstrations of a very twisted view of reality, religion, and people in general.

The question for me is why? Why does nod perpetuate, support, and post such nonsense? And here of all places! Perhaps he too should sit awhile and contemplate his own motives, intentions, priorities, and understanding? Good Grief!

:roll: :( :-$ :-# 8)

PostPosted:  

On second thought....perhaps the topic should be retained and discussed even more. It is of growing importance (and value) that the student body be exposed to such viruses/infections of radicalism and sophistries to better improve future immunity and auto-response capabilities against those who twist, torment, misrepresent, misstate, revise, complete, and otherwise undermine the words written in the UB.

While it matters not to me who believes the UB, it does matter that it says what it says and does not say what it does not. As a student body, it is up to us to maintain the ability of the UB to speak for itself....regardless of our own knowledge of the text or our understanding as individual students.

Such evil contrast to the Papers provides important learning and research opportunities to explore the text itself. The very use (or misuse) of the term "evil" as posted reveals how little the author (Benjamins) has actually read of the UB or understands of even such a basic term. All such ones are revealed by their words, their intentions, and their own presentations of the sublimely ridiculous!

:wink:

Thanks Agon D. Onter for the research and the link to identify this nut job and whose mouthpiece nod has enlisted to be! I had already guessed a 70% probability of who's words they were....before they also became nod's words as well. I think deleting the topic let's both off the hook far too easily. Words matter....pay attention to what you say and what you parrot if you can't find your own words!

PostPosted:  

One thing I find utterly fascinating is the willingness of a few UB "readers" to say, on one hand, that the UB is of divine origin and written by the authors listed as claimed, while on the other hand twisting those words to then declare that the UB is fraudulent in its presentations of reality and history. That is the methodology of each and all who then self proclaim their elevated status of "superior" understanding, decoding, and ability to "interpret" the so called "errors" presented as a form of deceit/deception foisted upon our world. They want it both ways - it is true and a lie all at the same time, meant to cover up reality and fool the poor reader into a sublime confidence in our rulers and creators - however, if we will but listen to the priests and prophets who self proclaim their own status and knowledge, then we might be "saved". What an old, tired, and worn out script!!

Let's begin an examination of "evil" and "rebel midwayers" and move forward into the topic of the very message of the UB regarding this friendly universe wherein love, patience, kindness, and mercy are the cornerstones of reality!

77:7.8 (864.1) The entire group of rebel midwayers is at present held prisoner by order of the Most Highs of Edentia. No more do they roam this world on mischief bent. Regardless of the presence of the Thought Adjusters, the pouring out of the Spirit of Truth upon all flesh forever made it impossible for disloyal spirits of any sort or description ever again to invade even the most feeble of human minds. Since the day of Pentecost there never again can be such a thing as demoniacal possession.

8. The United Midwayers

77:8.1 (864.2) At the last adjudication of this world, when Michael removed the slumbering survivors of time, the midway creatures were left behind, left to assist in the spiritual and semispiritual work on the planet. They now function as a single corps, embracing both orders and numbering 10,992. The United Midwayers of Urantia are at present governed alternately by the senior member of each order. This regime has obtained since their amalgamation into one group shortly after Pentecost.

Me here: There are NO rebel midwayers on Urantia and have not been since Pentacost!

As to the nature of "evil", the author would have us depend upon the traditional and inaccurate definition of the term, which is really only "error" of motive, intent, priority, strategy, tactic, or response to all situations, circumstances, and free will choice. nod and Benjamins would have us believe that God "allows" evil and does so "selectively" which is absolute nonsense. Evil is a function of free will choice by immature and inexperienced and unwise beings....it is not willed by God nor can God prevent it or not without ending free will itself! Evil provides learning contrast to see the better way and experience the better outcomes by the better motivations of love and service. Evil is most often a function of self importance and self love but can also be the simple errors of judgment of the inexperienced tadpole in our free will responses to all intersections of choice - in other words, it is not the pure intent of the pure in heart that is evil, it is the experiential errors of attempting to apply our pure intentions from which we gain experience and wisdom over time.....free will and time provide the experiential platform for transcendence, transformation, transference of the seat of identity, and gaining wisdom by choices made.

3:5.15 (52.1) Throughout the universe, every unit is regarded as a part of the whole. Survival of the part is dependent on co-operation with the plan and purpose of the whole, the wholehearted desire and perfect willingness to do the Father’s divine will. The only evolutionary world without error (the possibility of unwise judgment) would be a world without free intelligence. In the Havona universe there are a billion perfect worlds with their perfect inhabitants, but evolving man must be fallible if he is to be free. Free and inexperienced intelligence cannot possibly at first be uniformly wise. The possibility of mistaken judgment (evil) becomes sin only when the human will consciously endorses and knowingly embraces a deliberate immoral judgment.

PostPosted:  

At this point I would like to thank Larry for not booting me. That's not to say he won't change his mind, but I sincerely hope not. If I had checked the forum rules instead of being unmindful of them, I would not have initiated this topic. I enjoy this place very much. Again, thank you Larry for your understanding.

The reason I thought it would be good to post what my cousin Ray has posted elsewhere (thanks Agon) is exactly what Brad has done with his posts. Like you said Brad, perhaps the topic should be discussed even more.

I think a more careful reread of what Ray has said is necessary to notice two things:

His comments about UBers are directed toward those who dismiss the truths of the Bible. I don't believe that you can truthfully accept the Urantia Book and dismiss the Bible.

The other thing is that he fully supports the Urantia Book. Like he said, "The concepts of the UB are from God and are indeed wholesome and salutary". Now please consider this. Ray is relatively new to the Urantia Book, just a couple of years. But he's been studying the Bible for about 45 years, like I'm certain few have. Coming from a man of unquestionably sincere devotion to the Truth (he's my cousin and I know him well), his comments are particularly relevant. It is evident however, that he's not yet completely familiar with the text of the Urantia Book. Certain exact details haven't sunk in yet completely. But who hasn't had to deal with that? Thanks Brad for clarifying what the Urantia Book says about the Midwayers and the difference between evil and sin.

Soon more and more Christians will be discovering the Urantia Book. It behooves us all to be better equipped to share the more advanced truths of the Urantia Book with them.

PostPosted:  

The greatest "DANGER" within the UB is identical to that within the Bible and as presented by Jesus in his recorded teachings within the Testaments' presentation of his teachings regarding the 4th epochal revelation. The danger is to and for and about the priests and prophets of fear and uncertainty. The gospel OF Jesus clearly presents a loving and paternal God who loves each and every child in creation and who will never cease to seek out all those who have gone astray with love, mercy, patience, and sincerity. We live in a friendly universe...this "kingdom" and reality and God's love combine to become the pearl of great price, the treasure buried in the field, and that which all may hope and aspire to have for our own. It is not exclusive and does not require great intelligence or learning or insight or skill...as the Alpheus twins so nobly demonstrate!

Those who share their doubts, anxieties, fears, suspicions, and accusations do not exhibit any fruits of the spirit nor do they reflect the fact of universe reality - God's friendly and safe universe for all who but love one another and serve one another and exhibit that which comes by such a life.

140:5.11 (1574.4) 3. “Happy are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” Genuine meekness has no relation to fear. It is rather an attitude of man co-operating with God — “Your will be done.” It embraces patience and forbearance and is motivated by an unshakable faith in a lawful and friendly universe. It masters all temptations to rebel against the divine leading. Jesus was the ideal meek man of Urantia, and he inherited a vast universe.

140:5.12 (1574.5) 4. “Happy are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Spiritual purity is not a negative quality, except that it does lack suspicion and revenge. In discussing purity, Jesus did not intend to deal exclusively with human sex attitudes. He referred more to that faith which man should have in his fellow man; that faith which a parent has in his child, and which enables him to love his fellows even as a father would love them. A father’s love need not pamper, and it does not condone evil, but it is always anticynical. Fatherly love has singleness of purpose, and it always looks for the best in man; that is the attitude of a true parent.

140:5.13 (1574.6) To see God — by faith — means to acquire true spiritual insight. And spiritual insight enhances Adjuster guidance, and these in the end augment God-consciousness. And when you know the Father, you are confirmed in the assurance of divine sonship, and you can increasingly love each of your brothers in the flesh, not only as a brother — with brotherly love — but also as a father — with fatherly affection.

180:5.8 (1950.3) But the highest realization and the truest interpretation of the golden rule consists in the consciousness of the spirit of the truth of the enduring and living reality of such a divine declaration. The true cosmic meaning of this rule of universal relationship is revealed only in its spiritual realization, in the interpretation of the law of conduct by the spirit of the Son to the spirit of the Father that indwells the soul of mortal man. And when such spirit-led mortals realize the true meaning of this golden rule, they are filled to overflowing with the assurance of citizenship in a friendly universe, and their ideals of spirit reality are satisfied only when they love their fellows as Jesus loved us all, and that is the reality of the realization of the love of God.

34:6.13 (381.7) The consciousness of the spirit domination of a human life is presently attended by an increasing exhibition of the characteristics of the Spirit in the life reactions of such a spirit-led mortal, “for the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.” Such spirit-guided and divinely illuminated mortals, while they yet tread the lowly paths of toil and in human faithfulness perform the duties of their earthly assignments, have already begun to discern the lights of eternal life as they glimmer on the faraway shores of another world; already have they begun to comprehend the reality of that inspiring and comforting truth, “The kingdom of God is not meat and drink but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” And throughout every trial and in the presence of every hardship, spirit-born souls are sustained by that hope which transcends all fear because the love of God is shed abroad in all hearts by the presence of the divine Spirit.

99:5.6 (1091.5) Any religious belief which is effective in spiritualizing the believer is certain to have powerful repercussions in the social life of such a religionist. Religious experience unfailingly yields the “fruits of the spirit” in the daily life of the spirit-led mortal.

Me here: I wonder if any others witness the lack of fruit and the sweet aroma of universal truth related to God's friendly universe within the stench of Benjamin's and nod's proclamations and accusations?!

:?: :idea: 8)

We are taught to be joyful and confident in our status as God's children in his friendly, orderly, and love based reality. Fear not and do not tremble at the words of doubters and the insincere who wish to scare the hell out of you/me/us by their dark perspectives based on fear.

100:7.12 (1102.9) Jesus was consistently cheerful, notwithstanding he sometimes drank deeply of the cup of human sorrow. He fearlessly faced the realities of existence, yet was he filled with enthusiasm for the gospel of the kingdom. But he controlled his enthusiasm; it never controlled him. He was unreservedly dedicated to “the Father’s business.” This divine enthusiasm led his unspiritual brethren to think he was beside himself, but the onlooking universe appraised him as the model of sanity and the pattern of supreme mortal devotion to the high standards of spiritual living. And his controlled enthusiasm was contagious; his associates were constrained to share his divine optimism.

100:7.13 (1103.1) This man of Galilee was not a man of sorrows; he was a soul of gladness. Always was he saying, “Rejoice and be exceedingly glad.” But when duty required, he was willing to walk courageously through the “valley of the shadow of death.” He was gladsome but at the same time humble.

100:7.14 (1103.2) His courage was equaled only by his patience. When pressed to act prematurely, he would only reply, “My hour has not yet come.” He was never in a hurry; his composure was sublime. But he was often indignant at evil, intolerant of sin. He was often mightily moved to resist that which was inimical to the welfare of his children on earth. But his indignation against sin never led to anger at the sinner.

100:7.15 (1103.3) His courage was magnificent, but he was never foolhardy. His watchword was, “Fear not.” His bravery was lofty and his courage often heroic. But his courage was linked with discretion and controlled by reason. It was courage born of faith, not the recklessness of blind presumption. He was truly brave but never audacious.

8)

Last edited by fanofVan on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:24 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
At this point I would like to thank Larry for not booting me. That's not to say he won't change his mind, but I sincerely hope not. If I had checked the forum rules instead of being unmindful of them, I would not have initiated this topic. I enjoy this place very much. Again, thank you Larry for your understanding.

The reason I thought it would be good to post what my cousin Ray has posted elsewhere (thanks Agon) is exactly what Brad has done with his posts. Like you said Brad, perhaps the topic should be discussed even more.

I think a more careful reread of what Ray has said is necessary to notice two things:

His comments about UBers are directed toward those who dismiss the truths of the Bible. I don't believe that you can truthfully accept the Urantia Book and dismiss the Bible.

The other thing is that he fully supports the Urantia Book. Like he said, "The concepts of the UB are from God and are indeed wholesome and salutary". Now please consider this. Ray is relatively new to the Urantia Book, just a couple of years. But he's been studying the Bible for about 45 years, like I'm certain few have. Coming from a man of unquestionably sincere devotion to the Truth (he's my cousin and I know him well), his comments are particularly relevant. It is evident however, that he's not yet completely familiar with the text of the Urantia Book. Certain exact details haven't sunk in yet completely. But who hasn't had to deal with that? Thanks Brad for clarifying what the Urantia Book says about the Midwayers and the difference between evil and sin.

Soon more and more Christians will be discovering the Urantia Book. It behooves us all to be better equipped to share the more advanced truths of the Urantia Book with them.

Regarding the bolded above, that is his (and your) opinion and you are entitled to believe whatever you want, of course. I do not dismiss the Bible; however, I do not accept everything within it as the "truth". In fact, TUB teaches us specific things that the Bible says that are NOT true. The star of Bethlehem being of supernatural origin; the virginity of Jesus' mother; the atonement doctrine; Noah's ark having all the animals in it; etc.

I treat the Bible the same way I treat TUB and every other book that I read. I find within it the truths that have the aroma of Truth, Beauty and Goodness in them, and disregard the rest. It so happens that, for me, TUB rings my truth bell in every word that it contains, for the first time in my extensive reading throughout my life, this is one book that is true A-Z, beginning to end, and all in between. That is why it bothers me so much to see posts like your initial post of this thread. Questioning the origins of the book is fine; questioning how it fits with Bible teachings is fine; but promoting someone else's erroneous thinking about the imagined 'evil' intent of TUB is not okay, in my opinion.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next