Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:00 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: The Will Of God
PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Truthbook.com was created as a showcase for the teachings of The Urantia Book with an emphasis on Part IV, The Life and Teachings of Jesus.

Who are the teachers and are they self appointed? Who is the headmaster?

Is the Life of Jesus a collection of facts or does it serve as an inspiration. Are the facts of his life the inspiration or is Jesus the inspiration?

fanofVan wrote:
This discussion board, as an extension of the Truthbook.com website, has one primary goal:
To be a safe place

Safe from what? What is there to fear? Rexford acknowledged that I am unarmed.

fanofVan wrote:
Forum participants who are Urantia Book students, we humbly ask that you keep the spirit of this board:

Does this board have a spirit?

fanofVan wrote:
"Administrators and moderators will be visiting these boards daily to ensure civility and harmony..."

Me here: Really??!!

The Sanhedrin had a similar reaction when Pilate refused to take action. Are you a card carrying member?

Rexford wrote:
Louis is publicly accusing Brad of disseminating hate, hypocrisy and idolatry. That is a personal attack of the very worst sort. This sort of thing is clearly in violation of the forum rules, yet it is allowed over and over again.

I do not accuse, I expose the man behind the curtain.

fanofVan wrote:
You seem intent to literally destroy TruthBook....and you are succeeding to a degree. Who wants to join in your venomous toxicity and be subjected to MannySpeak and the MannyFesto of doubt and suspicion and superiority?

And this is not hateful? This is not an attack of a personal nature? Can you say, "hypocrisy"?

Rexford wrote:
Is this forum a place to share inspirational ditties from our lives or a place to study the actual words of the Revelation?

fanofVan wrote:
Truthbook.com was created as a showcase for the teachings of The Urantia Book with an emphasis on Part IV, The Life and Teachings of Jesus.

If the life and teachings of Jesus are not inspirational then no life is inspirational. But if this life of Jesus does inspire, then you too can inspire with your life. Would you demote your TA to mere words of facts? There are facts, meanings, and values. Why do you ignore meaning and value? Of the three, value holds the highest place. What is it that you value?

Rexford wrote:
If not, will someone from the administration please tell Louis to stop cyber bullying people who do want to study the words.

So, you accuse me of cyber bullying? You yourself claimed here that you would not engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. I assumed that you meant me. If I am unarmed, then why is this place unsafe and what bully can harm you? A wolf in sheep's clothing cannot cry wolf and avoid being a hypocrite.

Rexford wrote:
Personally, I have lost all interest in discussing the Revelation on this forum, since every conversation is trolled and becomes centered around Louis' personal religions experience. The forum has become Mannybook. It is a loss.

Well, I presume you have not lost your TA, so all is not lost. It is impossible for conversations with your TA to be trolled. It is a safe place.

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Speak for yourself. Personally, I find that the TUB has so much depth, and such complexity, that it requires detailed and extensive study of *both* its words and what the words mean, to each of us individually and in unity. I am sorry that you find the book's teachings to be dull and trite.

Do you consider TUB to be a teacher? Jesus is a teacher, you can be a teacher, but can a book have teachings? Words in a book have no more meaning than what a reader gives them. And who is it that gives them value?

Rexford wrote:
Obviously it does. There are many misconceptions concerning what is actually said in the book and what is not. For instance, it does not say that Havona is the nucleus of the ultimaton.

The Ultimaton has Paradise as its nucleus. Havona has Paradise as its center. Paradise and Havona are coeternal. Do you not recognize pattern? You can read, but can you think?

Rexford wrote:
Even after almost sixty years of reading, I continue to find new material I had overlooked. So no, there is no way anyone can say that if they read it they know it.

If someone can experience communion with their TA, one instant of this experience is worth a trillion words that can be read. Rather spend all that you have to buy the field and its the treasure is yours. Seek first the Kingdom, not words.

While religion produces growth of meanings and enhancement of values, evil always results when purely personal evaluations are elevated to the levels of absolutes. 100:1:1

Study of TUB is a purely personal evaluation. The question is whether you would elevate the study of TUB to the levels of absolutes. Is the truth continued in the book absolute? If not, then that truth can grow in meaning and be enhanced in value. But you and Bradly do not allow for growth of meanings or enhancement of values whatsoever! This growth of meanings and enhancement of values must occur in the minds of the reader. Both of you disallow this. You both treat TUB as absolute. This is idolatry to the maximum and it is evil indeed.

Rexford wrote:
Is it proper to demand that one's personal opinion concerning what one "reads into" the text is henceforth and always will be the truth?

I guess that your answer is, "absolutely not!".

Rexford wrote:
However, the words tell us many, many other things about God which are also worth studying.

If you do not know God and think that He is worth studying, then you do not really know God. If you feel that you must study God, then you do not love Him.

Rexford wrote:
I don't get it nod.

Yes nod, he don't get it, yet.

Rexford wrote:
But, I see that it has become a venue for voicing one's personal religion, which may or may not have anything at all to do with the Revelation, which makes it a sad day.

This statement from Rexford is consistent with the value he places on words. He seems to place less value on his brothers. It has been sixty years of sad days. When will the sadness end?

It is The Will Of God that we value our brothers more than words.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Dear Administration,

You wrote:

lwatkins wrote:
We are notified whenever a new post is made and we read, at least cursorily, nearly every succinct post made... long posts may only be skimmed.

Since you read nearly every succinct post and only skim others, there is a chance that some things may have escaped your notice. Below are some postings from the last 10 days that I find personally egregious and worthy of a reread, if you would please.

MannyC wrote:
And my dog imagines my bitch and there are the puppies? And they are so diverse in their personalities too. Is that right? I hope you come with papers. Where are your papers? Uh, you are a rare breed indeed.

MannyC wrote:
And who represents you in the parables, the prodigal son, the self righteous and indignant older brother or the stupid lost sheep?

MannyC wrote:
I think I will call you Peter because you are as dense as a rock.

MannyC wrote:
The Sanhedrin had a similar reaction when Pilate refused to take action. Are you a card carrying member?

MannyC wrote:
I was not with you there when you wrote this gibberish. (I like that word as much as I like giblets) I do not know if you are typing or writing with a pen in your mouth.

MannyC wrote:
Perhaps a monkey typed it all out for you and left it for you to send.

MannyC wrote:
Yet you have attempted to make this this a place to disseminate hate. Hypocrisy and idolatry must be exposed to the disinfecting effects of sunlight.

MannyC wrote:
I do not accuse, I expose the man behind the curtain.

MannyC wrote:
Do you not recognize pattern? You can read, but can you think?
MannyC wrote:
But you and Bradly do not allow for growth of meanings or enhancement of values whatsoever! This growth of meanings and enhancement of values must occur in the minds of the reader. Both of you disallow this. You both treat TUB as absolute. This is idolatry to the maximum and it is evil indeed.

MannyC wrote:
If you feel that you must study God, then you do not love Him.

MannyC wrote:
Do you lack self esteem or self respect? Is vanity making you concerned about appearing like a loser? Verbal learners are handicapped. They lack touch and feeling. They cannot see past the words and that is blinding.

MannyC wrote:
The letter of the law is a stumbling block for you, Bradly. You have no poetry in your heart. You just have the dry, commonplace prose of facts. God Grieves for you.

MannyC wrote:
You want to take gifts and petrify them into altars of stone, rather than receive them as they are given.

MannyC wrote:
And here I was trying to be agreeable with the teacher. I blew it, my bad.

MannyC wrote:
I am sure that as leaders here on the forum, both Brad and Rexford would be happy to take the lead and show us the way out of this virtual mess.

MannyC wrote:
It is sad and unfortunate, nod, that the hand you extend in sharing receives a vicious bite. The gift on the stone alter has turned to stone. And a cold heart is made of stone.

MannyC wrote:
Why do you persist then in your belligerence? I have offered up a truce but you refuse. Why, I ask? Perhaps you wish to appeal to the management and long to make a stronger case by drawing me out? Perhaps you should do as the Sanhedrin did 2000 thousand years ago, forcing the hand of Pilate.Pilate did not see the dangers that Jesus posed. I don't see Larry falling for that one.

MannyC wrote:
You conflate the letter of the law because the spirit of the law continues to escape you.

MannyC wrote:
Why would you even ask this question of anyone unless you would want control of them, and others as well!?

MannyC wrote:
As a matter of fact, I guess you woulds use facts to kill me. But where would you get the ammo? Oh, I know, you would go to the book of facts.

MannyC wrote:
Have you no appreciation for the spirit of the law and you drown and drown others in the letter of the law?

MannyC wrote:
You are blind to the life while versed in the words. You see no relation between prayer and parable.

MannyC wrote:
Even better yet, show your brother all of these things without showing one's spots.

MannyC wrote:
What "circle" has been achieved by those that circle that "black stone"?

MannyC wrote:
You have done this too so cut the crap.

MannyC wrote:
How much longer should I bear with you?

MannyC wrote:
Jesus did call out the hypocrite and the vipers. If you hear your name being called out, repent. Give back the vengeance you stole. It's a noose around your neck.

MannyC wrote:
You do admit to quoting and denoting. There is that propensity for idolatry.

MannyC wrote:
That is flim-flam artistry. Just a tiny bit hypocritical, don't you think?

MannyC wrote:
But that seems never to be enough for the likes of you. What would satisfy your vengeance?

MannyC wrote:
Oh, I forgot to ask, are you playing the role of God in the parables?

MannyC wrote:
Can I interpret that as I please? Or only as you please?

MannyC wrote:
Are you a slave to symbols? There is text and there is context. You quote the first and ignore the later. And you dare to use words to bare false witness against a brother.

MannyC wrote:
Spiritual indolence only requires one to point to scripture but never to entertain a thought beyond the words, merely to restate and interpret what is written.

MannyC wrote:
I thought Truth is ever expanding. I do not see my Big Blue Book growing. Has there been an updated version of TUB that I am unaware of. Has another part been added or additional papers written? My book is made of matter. It certainly is changing. It is called decay due to entropy.

MannyC wrote:
Did the papers say, "you are welcome", after you thanked them?

MannyC wrote:
Is the big blue book alive or is it just flexible because you have a soft cover version.

MannyC wrote:
What is the use of a revelation if it can be destroyed.

MannyC wrote:
This is most definitely a typo in the book.

MannyC wrote:
A book is not reality.

MannyC wrote:
If all you know is TUB you know little.

MannyC wrote:
If by a "supported claim", you mean one where there is text? If so, then you most certainly have scaffolded your claims in quicksand, for you return no profit for what has been given you to invest.

MannyC wrote:
BTW, does everything I say here need to be found in a book? You mentioned the Spirit ministries above. Why did you not ask me which of these Spirits leads me to say what I have said?

MannyC wrote:
I have experienced communication with my Adjuster. I use words, the Adjuster does not.

MannyC wrote:
Pray for me directly to Father and it is like responding to me directly.

MannyC wrote:
I have asked my Adjuster to communicate that meaning to me.

MannyC wrote:
The revelation of which I claim is auto-revelation. I can see it, I can picture it.

MannyC wrote:
I have plans to celebrate fusion with my TA.

MannyC wrote:
The only real communication is that which can be achieved between the mind and the Thought Adjuster. Don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

MannyC wrote:
The Adjuster sends us pictures that are worth an infinite number of words. Are you programmed to receive?

MannyC wrote:
Speaking is but once removed from the reality of divine thought. Less so if the thought is adjusted by the TA.

Respectfully,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

I am guilty as charged. I did write all of those things you have quoted. But they should have no teeth for I am unarmed.

I will refrain from quoting those things you a Bradly wrote about me. They have no teeth either. How can any of this be personal if I do not know either of you? You are reacting as if I know you and know you to the core. I do not take insinuations that I cavort with Lucifer personally either. I had offered a truce to this back and forth but you and Bradly would not agree to it. I would always vigorously defend the gospel truth.

This time with nod, Jim and myself have obviously unnerved you and Bradly. Has no one ever questioned you in the past? Curious indeed.

BTW, It is not God's Will that you bring complaints against a brother in order to silence him. You obviously cannot turn the other cheek and you cannot ignore me. Your only recourse is to appeal for my banishment. If I leave here voluntarily or I am booted off, will that change anything with you. Can you escape Father who know you and your motives? I am willing to do what it takes for you see what it is that you do. Shall I not address you any longer? Shall I ignore you and Bradly? Ask and you shall receive. I will comply and you can win. But I assure you that it will have been a pyrrhic victory.

I see harm coming to you from this without benefit so I will voluntarily cease and desist.

I wish you and Bradly well.

Peace

PostPosted:  

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Yes, good and appropriate chicken image. Rexford and MannyC... I see you both are more interested in the running of the discussion board and upon improving one another's personalities than it seems you are in understanding the teachings of TUB. I think you need to go have some fun time away from the computer to relax, at least until summer is over. You're both being given a time out until October 1.

Best wishes. Enjoy summer.
Admin

PostPosted:  

Thank you Larry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17