Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:47 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The Will Of God Part II
PostPosted:  

Allow me to clarify some (not all) of my original post and then ask a pressing question for part two.

First a "Thank You" for all who shared, The Will Of God thread was intense and there was very very much posted to consider.

A point of contention in my original post was my postulate that stated the word "indifferent" and I do believe that Agon D. Onter had my actual intention correct.

He posted...... If by 'indifferent' you mean non-interventionist, then yes, I agree.

This comment is more in line with my thoughts since God is Absolute.
After all, how could God possibly be literally indifferent and at the same time be my hope and my comfort?

I stand by my post entry 0:1.26 (3.13) 7. Absolute perfection in no attribute, imperfection in all.

Even though we have a fragment of Divinity that lives within us; that is separate from the fact that we start out completely imperfect since we are unaware of the Thought Adjuster as it works within us from the superconscious level. And we only become aware over time. Also our handicaps (biologic and planetary--default) also attribute to the imperfection in which we find ourselves. Our design is not imperfect but our awareness and our environment is.

I still stand by my original thoughts that God wills evil, sin, and even iniquity. The question NO ONE asked me is Why?
Why do I think that?
Sin and Iniquity are allowed by God. God does not intervene as mentioned in the UB. God's subordinates have full responsibility in dealing with Iniquity. It seems that the Universe rule is to allow iniquity to play itself out fully and completely and to give all souls choice to aligin with it or abandon it altogether. I contend that God allowing all possibilities of creature choice has decided that this is the best way to run the Universe therefore, at some level--IT IS WILLED, knowing full well that the outcomes have Soul Saving Qualities that we do not understand on our level, since we suffer from the results of such decisions.

Surely it can an has been argued that God does not Will directly (as in a command) that we sin or become iniquitous.
But it cannot be denied that God has willed an environment in which evil, sin, and iniqiuty are not only possibilities but inevitabilities. Not only that but, also that sin and iniquity are NOT VANQUISHED but permitted to transpire fully and completely. Therefore on some level within the Absolute God has Willed it.

I believe that the Urantia Book teaches that a more difficult life environment is better for the soul. I also believe that we are taught that survival (salvation) is the goal of this life and the life beyond this life. I cannot help but believe that survival is not a given. These themes of Salvation and Survival are listed in the UB throughout the entire text. Jesus seemed 100 percent driven to preach a thorough understanding of the requirements of salvation through faith and what specifically this means, and how to bear the fruits of the spirit in your lifetime.

As it applies to us directly the admonition "Be You Perfect Even As I Am Perfect" brings with it a survival/salvation path that requires Faith.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about what faith really is. That time spent really didn't yield much closure.
Recently life has been teaching me some things about faith that have opened my eyes.
Faith for me is hard to describe as I am not superior at the art of articulation. What has happened to me recently can only be described as the Universe using me for spiritual purposes. For me personally, faith is excercised only when the Universe has plans for me that I do not know of, where I would rather be doing something else (something I choose to do). And somewhere in my soul I realize I have an assignment--therefore I have to exercise FAITH that this thing the Universe wants done will serve me and this other person when it is all said and done. It takes real faith because I have no idea how far off into the future it be, what specifically will be required of me, how many times I will question what I am doing, etc., etc., etc. The only thing I know is that this feels like another assignment I recently completed and that the only proper reaction is to give faith......even though there exists uncertainty and not just a little bit of uncertainty.

My last two assignments were my mothers passing (I was her nurse and she passed in my home) and my nephew choice to come to me (out of a score of other family members) to come out of the closet to after 20+ years of living in hiding. These events were also gifts to me not just those whom I served.

There have been numerous debates here at this forum on "What is Survival/What does it take to be Saved" and still many UB readers are at odds with each other on this topic. It is the will of God that we be saved. The question is how?
Jesus does make it clear that work is to be done, faith first followed by fruit. We are to be of service.

Jim George posted on my original thread a fascinating idea that many might not survive because they would not be willing to do the heavy lifting required in the next life, the Morontia realm. The UB does state that mortals would not be able to avoid or procrastinate in the next life. You will not be allowed to put off tomorrow the work required today. It might be highly probable that we are in for an awakening that we may not welcome.

I feel that most of my assignments that come from the spirit realm are not welcome, they interfere with plans I make. Most of the plans I make have little or nothing to do with serving my brotheren here. Most of my plans are of a fully selfish nature. Of the many times I am used to serve others, I am not even aware I am in service. I realize after the fact that I was called to serve, and I went into service frustrated and upset that I am in this situation that is either uncomfortable or abrasive to the selfishness of my ego desires. So when I consciously exercise faith, I have to give my wants and desires the back seat--I have to have "faith" that everything is going to be okay and that I will give and receive something of great value from my patience and grace.

Is it possible that we do not actually realize just what it takes to get to that point where we are willing to choose survival?

What are your thoughts?

Paul

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Although the topic title indicates "The will of God", it has been noted many times, how would one know what the "Will of God" would be as related to the individual?

Quote:
(1176.2) 107:0.2 The Adjusters are the actuality of the Father’s love incarnate in the souls of men; they are the veritable promise of man’s eternal career imprisoned within the mortal mind; they are the essence of man’s perfected finaliter personality, which he can foretaste in time as he progressively masters the divine technique of achieving the living of the Father’s will, step by step, through the ascension of universe upon universe until he actually attains the divine presence of his Paradise Father.

As is noted above, that over time one may determine the technique by which the Adjuster uses to project what might be the Father's Will, through the understanding of "living of the Father's will", where I take this to mean that over time or trial and error, one realizes that ones choices seem to work out better, when they also may have been the Father's Will. On the other hand, those choices which may not be the Father's Will, may not always work out quite as they should or as expected.

After a while, one gets urges or impulses which are not out of the ordinary, and one might also feel that these impulse are not random but just may be what Father may have you do, at that time. These responses may not be something which one wouldn't do anyway, but would also not go against the teaching that can be associated to Jesus. Therefore, "step by step," one may get a better understanding of what God's will might be?

Quote:
(1176.3) 107:0.3 God, having commanded man to be perfect, even as he is perfect, has descended as the Adjuster to become man’s experiential partner in the achievement of the supernal destiny which has been thus ordained. The fragment of God which indwells the mind of man is the absolute and unqualified assurance that man can find the Universal Father in association with this divine Adjuster, which came forth from God to find man and sonship him even in the days of the flesh.

Eventually one will realize that, even while in the flesh, one can become one with the Father through their Adjuster, who will let you know what action is and is not God's Will.

PostPosted:  

"In all things, we must wait upon the will of the father who is in heaven."

The Will of God is revealed. When we act intently, it is our adjusters who signal to celestial beings to engage and help fulfill the choices we have made. To the adjuster, the will of the human individual is supreme.

We live in the seventh universe, which is an expression of the Seventh Master Spirit, who expresses the combined personalities of the Universal Father, the Eternal Son, and the Infinite Spirit. But Jesus decided in the hills after John's Baptism, that he would in all things defer to the Universal Father. I think there is some reciprocality on the part of midwayers' & seraphim' service unto mankind, who may "wait upon the Thought Adjuster" as far as a signal is concerned regarding the revelation of the will of God. But I think that in other of the seven universes, the will of God will be seen differently.

I believe that evolutionary advancement is an expression of the will of God, and throughout nature we see behaviours of symbiosis & dominance which are signs of God's will. With the buildup of human culture, we must take it upon ourselves to make replete the rituals and events in order to harmonise nature with ourselves. It takes that to build the pattern conducive towards human thoughts, leisure, and overall motivation, for on earth we are the highest expression of God's will and there will be no other specie with which to contend.

God's will as it is revealed in the Urantia Book is the foreshadowment of the ages of Light & Life, and the eventual culmination of definite existence of the Supreme Being throughwithin the granduniverse. This does not imply uniformity but self-directed sentient individuals who actively participate in such fruition. Therefore, the maturation of human individuals, and our garnering and advancing through what Rodan calls maturation is somewhat imperative. This is the aspect of God's will where God actually depends upon us, and we should be thankful to have such knowledge and not worry too much that things beyond human comprehension or ascencion were not included in the Urantia Papers.

There are aspects of supernal existence that pertain to God's will, certainly, that go beyond human comprehension. Some philosophers believe that everything that could happen, will happen, an extrapolation of the fullest potentiality of the most sentient of individuals. But we take solace in the idea that the fullest of revelation according to anyone's willingness or comprehension, is appointed to that one according to his efforts and choices. The Melchizedeks are our teachers and still overwatch the Adamic Regime or so-called, guides to progress as I would say. The way they are so much advanced but so patient and willing to teach and help us, as portrayed by Jesus in the Last Supper, is the basic pattern for the revelation of God's will and that is not beyond the human capacity to do.

I would agree with the idea of the full exrapolation of potentiality if it could be tempred by human notions of ideality. Not in terms of convenience, but in terms of possibility. That we could be conjoined to the will of God, it will show through sincere and devoted efforts, to live as one family and to build "the great society". As for Jesus, there was true ideality of his youth, that in Catholicism we define as "the root of Jesse", but we have a clearer picture of this in the Urantia Papers (a large nuclear family, ample opportunity for growth, and faithful parents).

PostPosted:  

a few quotes to consider:

Quote:
111:4.11 (1220.10) This is the problem: If freewill man is endowed with the powers of creativity in the inner man, then must we recognize that freewill creativity embraces the potential of freewill destructivity. And when creativity is turned to destructivity, you are face to face with the devastation of evil and sin — oppression, war, and destruction. Evil is a partiality of creativity which tends toward disintegration and eventual destruction. All conflict is evil in that it inhibits the creative function of the inner life — it is a species of civil war in the personality.

Quote:
111:6.3 (1222.2) The problem of sin is not self-existent in the finite world. The fact of finiteness is not evil or sinful. The finite world was made by an infinite Creator — it is the handiwork of his divine Sons — and therefore it must be good. It is the misuse, distortion, and perversion of the finite that gives origin to evil and sin.

Quote:
67:1.4 (754.5) There are many ways of looking at sin, but from the universe philosophic viewpoint sin is the attitude of a personality who is knowingly resisting cosmic reality. Error might be regarded as a misconception or distortion of reality. Evil is a partial realization of, or maladjustment to, universe realities. But sin is a purposeful resistance to divine reality — a conscious choosing to oppose spiritual progress — while iniquity consists in an open and persistent defiance of recognized reality and signifies such a degree of personality disintegration as to border on cosmic insanity.

Quote:
174:1.4 (1898.4) “When a wise man understands the inner impulses of his fellows, he will love them. And when you love your brother, you have already forgiven him. This capacity to understand man’s nature and forgive his apparent wrongdoing is Godlike. If you are wise parents, this is the way you will love and understand your children, even forgive them when transient misunderstanding has apparently separated you. The child, being immature and lacking in the fuller understanding of the depth of the child-father relationship, must frequently feel a sense of guilty separation from a father’s full approval, but the true father is never conscious of any such separation. Sin is an experience of creature consciousness; it is not a part of God’s consciousness.

PostPosted:  

Sorry to be a blabbermouth.

I want to add that whenever someone asks "What is evidence of the will of God?" I deal with this in subjective terms: i.e. What is the will of God as it applies to man of Urantia?

I do feel some nationalistic notion of God's will being an eventual synthesis and conciliation of the Abraham religions. But I need to remind myself that it is more of a reunification of the Machiventa missions, and that cultures that remained aloof (the servants of Nanaak come to mind) are also richly embued with the philosophy of salvation for the righteous believers. This is out of the idea that God promised Moses a nation, comprised of all the land east of the River Jordan, and Machiventa promised Abraham that his children would be more numerous than the stars. I believe that God keeps his promises and therefore we may look to a continuity in terms of progress, whether the duty is shouldered by one race or is appointed to new leaders.

Some people say that "not a knee shall remain unbent when the trumpets are blown to announce the return of Christ", but I find that notion harsh and overbearing. That we all shall worship as one people seems inevitable, though I am indifferent whether this will happen on Urantia or Jerusem. The forced recitation of prayers can lead to feelings of unfairness which foster unspoken dissent. Yet Religion plays an integral role in the fostering of a welcoming society.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
Is it possible that we do not actually realize just what it takes to get to that point where we are willing to choose survival?

Paul,

I think this question has many answers for each of us. Let me first separate it out.

1. Is it possible
2. We do not realize
3. What it takes to get to that point
4. Where we are willing
5. To choose
6. Survival

Now let’s dig a little deeper into each segment.

1. Is it possible – Of course the short answer is all things are possible with God except square circles and such but I believe you are asking for each of us to search our own characters to see if we each are responsible for creating a blockage to number 2.

2. We do not realize – This has two variants as I see it. First, we do not realize because we are unable and second, we do not realize because we are unwilling. Either of these prevents realization equally though one is more easily rectified. Unable implies we have not matured, grown, and experienced the requisite comprehension base or similar reasons. It would be similar to any experiential level of God’s reality that we have not yet comprehended and are therefore unable to recognize. So while unable means simply that we cannot see what we cannot see but unwilling means we could see if we only would; that we do not see because we will not see. The action we would have to take to see is simply that we choose to. If we don’t know which we are dealing with it is always safe to assume we could if we would and try.

3. What it takes to get to that point – This is a different type of declaration. It states that there is a character quality within each of us that while different for each corresponds to the same point in each other. We are what we bring to this party. We must bring our treasure, and leave it. It is here wherein we are at “the end of our rope”. A point where we are at the absolute base of ourselves. That point where the Urantia Books instructs us to transfer the seat of our identity. It is this point that changes our reality, not only in perception but in truth. This point causes us to see from a new perspective. It is a perspective that we have no control over. The great challenge of this perspective of reality is to maintain it. You see we must be deliberate. As soon as we relax, take that former position and “un-transfer” the seat of our identity we lose the perspective. I say un-transfer rather than transfer back or some such because the transference must be deliberate and continuous. As soon as the will to transfer is relaxed the human psyche regains control over the issue or issues with which it is dealing. This is why the book says we must make many and repeated decisions to move our seats to God. We do get to keep the experience of that perspective and it is the ability to remember and relate that enables our growth in self-awareness. Each time we perform this action where we transfer our identity we discover more reality within our souls. In doing so we become more honest with ourselves and more conscious of the ways of others.

4. To choose – Choosing is another function of making a decision. It requires analysis and conclusion. It also requires evaluation. We must choose to transfer our identities not merely as a single decision, but continuously and repeatedly analyzing and evaluating each decision as we go. To make that process work we have to rely on the inner enlightenment and guidance of the Thought Adjuster and all other spiritual influences and we must avail ourselves of the natural mirror God has enabled each of us to see in the actual experience of interacting with our fellow humans. The deeper we allow our relationships with others, the more correctly we are able to discern what our actions mean and from this we can make course corrections. This guidance from both in and out is why Jesus always called us to love God AND man.

5. Survival – Now to summarize. This is the process of survival. Survival is not a mere fact of time and space but a point wherein we are actually aligning ourselves with eternity. Here is the great responsibility of each of us to maintain a balance between our awareness of our position, the facts we comprehend, and our analysis of our perspective, the presence of God’s grace in our viewpoint. Yes there are points along the way where we are more aware of the reality than others but we are not able to choose God for real and not make it. That is why the simplest decision of any soul to seek God is rewarded. But that simplest decision must be followed by many, many others. Jesus makes it very clear that entrance to the Kingdom is a choice but it must be followed by real and sustained growth in character and our awareness of Him.

So this is my way of looking at your question. I offer it only as a description of my personal process and experience with God.

Jim

PostPosted:  

Jim George you have used the word transfer but I believe the word "merge" applies more appropriately. There is no doubt that "the full effort" or the like is what is necessary on part of the human, universal origin will in order to attain this survival.

The Will of God must be distinct from terminonlogy "creature will", as it applies here. That which descended from Paradise is in all parts "divine will", including all beings whom are capable of detecting "acts of will" abroad in the universe. Will is the primal evidence of sentience.

When we are dealing with will, then we are certainly speaking in terms far transcendant of the physical. The Urantia Book defines the term "spiritual gravity" but "will" pertains with personality gravity. That we are to believe in the beneficience of the universe, it is out of spiritual administration's acknowledgement that "within the human perception, all spiritual phenomena are as one." This implies that all beings who have attained spirit status must act towards "creature origin will" or "universe sentience" as though God would.

We define the First Source and Center as "Universal Father" but experiencially delineate our experiences as having "Father" as the final stage of growth and "endpoint" for universal origen. In fact, such attainment marks the beginning of bonafide individuated divinity, as Tabamantia has proven.

When the Urantia Book mentions "the melchizedeks have not betrayed universal trust", that is temperance. All of the creatures who have origins in Nebadon must have attainment in order to be proven trustworthy. There is a supernal degree of trustworthiness in Paradise-origin beings such as Ancients of Days or Supernaphim, and the trustworthiness of finaliter is equal so in my opinion.

Truly, when we make a distinction between "the will of creature" and "the will of God", then there truly may be a reaching out through Paradise on part of every spiritual agency in order to embrace the creature whom is containing will, and to develop the supernal/ultimate potentiality of such creature, since any act of will evinces sentience.

PostPosted:  

Mr. Kelly,

I used the word transfer because the revelators do in 112:2.20 and 112:5.4. Personally I really like their usage and find it quite easy to appreciate in my personal experience. When I transfered my basic appreciation of reality from a self created concept to a Jesus created concept, which meant to me that he became the arbiter of truth for me, transfer is the word concept that fit.

But each of us gets the privilege of deciding for ourselves just what words to use as we learn to describe our spiritually common experiences.

Thanks,

Jim

PostPosted:  

We discuss the will of God, but once we make the issue personal, then it becomes apparent that we are really dealing with the issue of human happiness.

Because it is God's will for each of his children to be happy. I can explain this, but it almost goes without saying and is something that we have come to know through our faith. That the fulfillment of God's will by human individuals leads to happiness, through the sense of loyalty and hope that one achieves. The temporal strivings of mankind are not legitimated unless they are sanctified by God. Yet this happiness could not be possible as created Children of God without full consent on our parts.

I wish I can prove to you, that the Will of God is necessary for human happiness. Jesus caused a sort of rebirth of the innocent worshipfulness when he visited the Greeks after his resurrection (UB 190). He is truly a revelation of God's will and the Urantia Papers are a revelation of God's will by carrying his pronouncements to Cleopas and Jacob, that trust in the will of God leads to loyalty and joy.

I do not want to equate happiness with the will of God, but when we are dealing with the spiritual impetus of each individual, and that is the energy of psychological motivation that one receives from God's ministry, we can clearly identify the benefits of spiritual joy. The fact is, it is through an unconscious imputation somehow that one is naturally joyful or sorrowful based on his actions, but religion gives us a better farsight in order to endure apparent mishaps or calamities. When a being enters into sin, the relationship that God has with that one, or the spiritual impetus, is temporarily damaged. God gives more to those who prosper, but cannot deliver mindal or spiritual energies to one whom it was foreknown would abuse them, and therefore we definetly have a means of evaluating the quality of joy in ourselves. Since this relationship has been continuous in my life, since the beginning of a relationship with Thought Adjuster I have had, I believe the same phenomenon to be evident in the lives of other human individuals.

PostPosted:  

SEla_Kelly wrote:
We discuss the will of God, but once we make the issue personal, then it becomes apparent that we are really dealing with the issue of human happiness.

Because it is God's will for each of his children to be happy. I can explain this, but it almost goes without saying and is something that we have come to know through our faith. That the fulfillment of God's will by human individuals leads to happiness, through the sense of loyalty and hope that one achieves. The temporal strivings of mankind are not legitimated unless they are sanctified by God. Yet this happiness could not be possible as created Children of God without full consent on our parts.

I wish I can prove to you, that the Will of God is necessary for human happiness. Jesus caused a sort of rebirth of the innocent worshipfulness when he visited the Greeks after his resurrection (UB 190). He is truly a revelation of God's will and the Urantia Papers are a revelation of God's will by carrying his pronouncements to Cleopas and Jacob, that trust in the will of God leads to loyalty and joy.

I do not want to equate happiness with the will of God, but when we are dealing with the spiritual impetus of each individual, and that is the energy of psychological motivation that one receives from God's ministry, we can clearly identify the benefits of spiritual joy. The fact is, it is through an unconscious imputation somehow that one is naturally joyful or sorrowful based on his actions, but religion gives us a better farsight in order to endure apparent mishaps or calamities. When a being enters into sin, the relationship that God has with that one, or the spiritual impetus, is temporarily damaged. God gives more to those who prosper, but cannot deliver mindal or spiritual energies to one whom it was foreknown would abuse them, and therefore we definetly have a means of evaluating the quality of joy in ourselves. Since this relationship has been continuous in my life, since the beginning of a relationship with Thought Adjuster I have had, I believe the same phenomenon to be evident in the lives of other human individuals.

"SEla_Kelly" I believe I understand what you are saying here, in that one must have some acknowledgement that they are doing God's Will. Even if it is something which brings that individual some joy or happiness in thinking that what they are doing or have done can be validated, through the TA, that their actions are God's Will?

PostPosted:  

You ask to know how the individual is validated in knowing they have done God's will, and we should be reluctant to offer any definite signs for others. But I personally will point to the purity and power of a person's spiritual impetus. In terms of spiritual receptivity, the power can be seen in terms of zeal or overall motivation, which is a natural response to the God's ministry. In terms of purity, we might say that the individual is actually preserving and prospering the will of God through his actions. If you believe that God really does pour into the heart of a person the utmost spirit of his own intention and volition, then the purity aspect would be in some sense a negative measure; seeing that the individual does not defy God's intention, then such individual may be more properly invested. The power aspect might be seen in terms of overall intelligence and capacity. "When we are motivated to move mountains", but also keen enough in the ways of modesty and wisdom, we should see God's will come through the fruits of goodness, truth, and beauty. In a more pragmatic sense, this will come through an increase in social fellowship, overall production, and basic harmony or fruitfulness of nature. Obviously, when the human population reaches the ideal threshold of land-population, there are pressures in terms of growth that challenge us and require us to adapt beyond an evolutionary modality of progress. But it does not change the ideal pattern of a nuclear family, and we must see that there are avenues of morontial ascension that require parential experience but not necessarily the progenation of offspring. Therefore, I admit the difficulty of explanation and the seriousness of your question in the modern era. But we should not necessarily condone the accepted version of "good" or "progress" because there is indeed much amiss with China's "2 child policy" and indeed the American Education System.

I would say simply that to question Jesus' motivation, to observe the points of life in which he was indifferent and the points where he became emphatic, seems to clearly delineate a pattern for what may be acceptably considered God's will, but then I point to what you as an individual may be satisfied with, because ultimately it is not the human intellect which is satisfied with the declaration "I am doing God's will", but we are continually seeking to attune ourselves with and perform God's will, and I find that the quality of spiritual joy is a good measure of this but yes how can you really judge the quality of others' spirtual joy, it is a matter of introspection. If you are doing God's will, then the quality of spiritual joy you receive from God's ministry will improve, and this is through the spiritual impetus of a human individual. Your intentional purity may be that you actually recognise and intend to do God's will, taking active steps to reconcile your efforts in terms of progress, your power aspect would be in terms of overall motivation and individual capacity to work. But you cannot really compare your own power to others' power because then you would begin to go against the purity aspect. I hope that I am not making this complicated.

I have said that even the Melchizedeks and Lanonandeks are considered Sons of God out of Nebadon, just as we are. Remember that it is in our capacity or potential to do God's will, that ultimately we are to become self-directed sentient individuals who are the doers of God's will. If the inevitable result of your maturation is self-directedness where you are always doing God's will, how could I offer one single iota of specific advice? I am too afraid that I might suggest something that would be contrary to what is revealed to you by God; I may only advice that "whatever God reveals, that do."

PostPosted:  

Perhaps if you are uncertain how you personally may be directed to do God's will, you should consider the question of how one ought to grow and develop, overall. It is not for us to grow into the same roles as others before us have, but each of us has a unique ideal that is to be potentiated.

If we look at Jesus' life, we see that an interest in the cosmos and in botany began early in his youth. He developed rapidly, spending time with his fisher uncle and his farmer uncle. He was not prompted "to be about his father's business" until after his coronation as a Jewish man. Therefore, we should give some acknowledgement to the time that you as the individual are (somewhat selfishly) acquiring skills. Later, Jesus continued to pursue skills such as smithing and gained an appreciation for every profession as it then existed. If you do not have the skills, you must have an extra appreciation for those who possess them. Any publican must be sympathetic with the interested in how these skills are harmonized in terms of civil progress.

For it is not until a person would be respected by his peers in the view of being "a Renaissance man" or "a guru", that he is sought after as far as instruction is concerned. The spiritual impulse equally instructs the mason on the proper fit of each stonelay, as well as leads men towards understanding. Verity requires some process by which a man is confirmed in his special knowledge, but Jesus was uninterested in following the common path to receive the Laurels of a Rabbi. It must be an acquirement of man and not bestowed by another individual. The Holy Spirit does not necessarily come to touch a person (from the outside) to annoint them for a special ministry, but it is an eventuation of maturity that the Holy Spirit becomes expressive through individual actions. So how could we recognise that unless we have similarly gone through the process of maturiy?

Make it a priority, the issue of your own self-development. "Go into the hills", and seek refuge when you require guidance for the human affairs that trouble you; but do not abandon your choices, and continue in the embrace towards your fellows with whom you may clash. The tempel of the morontial spirit is only a potential upon the conception of a new human individual; the processes of nature and of the adjutant ministry are essential, and therefore there may be no advanced instruction on the issue of how we may best employ ourselves in the doing of our father's will without the skill and the appreciation for the elementary essence of our own existence.

PostPosted:  

Perceptual cues that are conducive towards any affirmation of Revelation for the individual, that would ameliorate progress or otherwise help the human individual to do God's will. In my family, there is one motto "the road sings", which to me is a hopeful prospect that I might discover the father's will. What is the road, in one sense it is the mundane and public avenue that your ancestors have walked upon. In another sense, it is the unique path that leads each individual Godward. It is the prospect, that the resources encounters and necessary experiences must be sought, and these do not dawn on the individual passively. You would say, that one must listen as they are passing along this road in order to discern. But a main part of it is that you needn't have arrived in heaven to receive your revelation according to the will of the father, for he will "meet you along the road".

Some people say, "it is the eternal mehla" that guides each individual. And in this sense, "song" must imply the harmoniousness and coherence of sentient perception and the story that is eventuated for each person.

It is somewhat the effort of an individual, "come down on the road" to meet God. "One must begin" or choose to receive the revelation in order to have discernment necessary that he or she would fulfill God's will, and it is unfortunate how often this step is neglected. Philosophy and rhetorics are ephemeral but by such affirmation I believe they are rendered experiencible. But I do not recommend that you be confined to such a realm; but by the sensuousness and ruggedness of the terrain you be infused with a sense of power and responsibility that allows you to find ways of becoming more helpful to your neighbors and family. And that would help you to know the potential that you have through God's guidance.

Does that not make you curious, to know what may have been laid "just around the corner". Beyond this, you are the one who is equipped to overcome the chaos and to be the threadder of God's needlepoint perfect plan. For a time, you will rely on your parents and mentors in order to develop the skills, but in the end the Supreme Being will rely upon you towards the prosperity of the grand universe.

Before I receive any particular revelation "I will go outside". I will find it. That is the sense that we ought to have, as much as we should "wait upon the Lord". That before you wait, you go to the Lord and find Him first, be in a position where you may hear his son.

PostPosted:  

re: Survival / Salvation

Again from Paper 2 (The Nature Of God)

2:3.2 .....The final result of wholehearted sin is annihilation. In the last analysis, such sin-identified individuals have destroyed themselves by becoming wholly unreal through their embrace of iniquity. The factual disappearance of such a creature is, however, always delayed until the ordained order of justice current in that universe has been fully complied with.

I read this as "you gotta really work at it to NOT survive"

Maybe you get stuck on the first mansion world if you're spiritually lazy, but you don't just get annihilated from being slow

Theologically this might be called "universalism" and I could also be called a "Universalist"
(with a capital U) since I do attend a UU church.

Yes, I talked to the folks at the Urania booth at the 2015 Unitarian convention in Portland.

-another Paul