Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:56 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Will Of God
PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
nod.....There's lots of ways to serve dissemination of the Revelation and also the connectivity of the readership. Here's but one way. There are many others.

http://urantia-association.org/get-involved/

8)

3:1.1 The ability of the Universal Father to be everywhere present, and at the same time, constitutes his omnipresence. God alone can be in two places, in numberless places, at the same time. God is simultaneously present “in heaven above and on the earth beneath”; as the Psalmist exclaimed: “Whither shall I go from your spirit? or whither shall I flee from your presence?”

What is there to disseminate of the revelation? The Universal Father is everywhere present. Reveal The Father within. Seek first the Kingdom and all else shall be given to you. Seek for the Father and the connectivity of the brotherhood will foster family ties. This is the way.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Then why be here? This is a dissemination site and a place to connect readers/students with one another. Your agenda is clear here....disruption, debunking, discussion hijacking, topic termination.

You seem intent to literally destroy TruthBook....and you are succeeding to a degree. Who wants to join in your venomous toxicity and be subjected to MannySpeak and the MannyFesto of doubt and suspicion and superiority?

Where are the mods on this? You've openly declared warfare here against the very purpose and existence of TruthBook.

I don't get it. Bye Felicia!

:roll: :-# :-$ =; :(

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
You seem intent to literally destroy TruthBook....

No Bradly, I want to save this meeting place and the gift of TUB. You want to take gifts and petrify them into altars of stone, rather than receive them as they are given.

fanofVan wrote:
This is a dissemination site and a place to connect readers/students with one another.

fanofVan wrote:
Who wants to join in your venomous toxicity and be subjected to MannySpeak and the MannyFesto of doubt and suspicion and superiority?

Yet you have attempted to make this this a place to disseminate hate. Hypocrisy and idolatry must be exposed to the disinfecting effects of sunlight. This site is a place where brothers united in spirit can share lives of inspiration, not the facts of words.

It is The Will Of God that brothers be united in spirit.

PostPosted:  

fanofVan wrote:
Then why be here? This is a dissemination site and a place to connect readers/students with one another. Your agenda is clear here....disruption, debunking, discussion hijacking, topic termination.

You seem intent to literally destroy TruthBook....and you are succeeding to a degree. Who wants to join in your venomous toxicity and be subjected to MannySpeak and the MannyFesto of doubt and suspicion and superiority?

Where are the mods on this? You've openly declared warfare here against the very purpose and existence of TruthBook.

I don't get it. Bye Felicia!

:roll: :-# :-$ =; :(

MannyC wrote:
fanofVan wrote:
You seem intent to literally destroy TruthBook....

No Bradly, I want to save this meeting place and the gift of TUB. You want to take gifts and petrify them into altars of stone, rather than receive them as they are given.

fanofVan wrote:
This is a dissemination site and a place to connect readers/students with one another.

fanofVan wrote:
Who wants to join in your venomous toxicity and be subjected to MannySpeak and the MannyFesto of doubt and suspicion and superiority?

Yet you have attempted to make this this a place to disseminate hate. Hypocrisy and idolatry must be exposed to the disinfecting effects of sunlight. This site is a place where brothers united in spirit can share lives of inspiration, not the facts of words.

It is The Will Of God that brothers be united in spirit.
:roll:

Greetings Visitors and Friends,

Truthbook.com was created as a showcase for the teachings of The Urantia Book with an emphasis on Part IV, The Life and Teachings of Jesus.

This discussion board, as an extension of the Truthbook.com website, has one primary goal:
To be a safe place where newcomers to The Urantia Book can ask questions and explore the teachings of The Urantia Book in a communal setting.

In a sense, this forum is a Virtual Urantia Book Study Group. Specifically, it is a place for new readers to meet long-time readers. We welcome long-time readers as a valuable resource for assisting newcomers to better understand the teachings of The Urantia Book; this discussion board is provided for the benefit of long-time readers too, keeping our primary goal in mind.

Administrators and moderators will be visiting these boards daily to ensure civility and harmony and keep them free of spam.

Discussion Board Guidelines & Rules:

We welcome individuals of all faiths to participate on this board and to share their beliefs; however; this discussion board is about The Urantia Book. If - for example - you feel inspired by religion/philosophy/idea "X", it would be advisable that you discuss "X" as it relates to The Urantia Book. As a Urantia Book discussion board it is the place to ask questions, but not the place for promoting or proselytizing one's own personal belief system.

Forum participants who are Urantia Book students, we humbly ask that you keep the spirit of this board: Outreach for the Urantia Book teachings.

This is a "virtual study group" and a "a showcase for the teachings of The Urantia Book with an emphasis on Part IV, The Life and Teachings of Jesus." "as an extension of the TruthBook.com website" aand explore the teachings of The Urantia Book in a communal setting."this forum is a Virtual Urantia Book Study Group.

"Administrators and moderators will be visiting these boards daily to ensure civility and harmony..."

Me here: Really??!!

:roll:

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Yes, really. We are notified whenever a new post is made and we read, at least cursorily, nearly every succinct post made... long posts may only be skimmed. If a post refers to something we're not familiar with having been previously posted then we go back to get caught up. So yes, what you write is read.

There are 3 administrators of this forum and if we have questions or concerns we discuss them with one another. We usually don't interject ourselves into a discussion... this is the members' discussion board, not a soap box for Truthbook or the board administrators.

All discussion is supposed to pertain to the teachings of The Urantia Book. Too often discussions become criticisms of the personalities of other members -- that's not why we're here and that's not how Jesus would have us interact with one another. Topics that wander too far afield may be locked or even deleted entirely without much warning -- it's expected that posters behave as rational adults who don't require baby sitting and who can carry on a discussion in a intelligent and civil manner.

Members who choose not to follow the posting guidelines are restricted from posting for various periods of time or they may be no longer allowed to post.

admin

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

If someone from the administration is reading every post have they read this one:

MannyC wrote:

Louis is publicly accusing Brad of disseminating hate, hypocrisy and idolatry. That is a personal attack of the very worst sort. This sort of thing is clearly in violation of the forum rules, yet it is allowed over and over again.

Is this forum a place to share inspirational ditties from our lives or a place to study the actual words of the Revelation? Does the administration have a problem with studying the words? If not, will someone from the administration please tell Louis to stop cyber bullying people who do want to study the words. Please insist he post his inspirations on the subforum titled Spiritual Experiences, which is the more proper place to share his illuminating life experiences.

Personally, I have lost all interest in discussing the Revelation on this forum, since every conversation is trolled and becomes centered around Louis' personal religions experience. The forum has become Mannybook. It is a loss.

Regards,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

The Urantia Book is one thing to read, study and discuss. What it says, doesn't need to be discussed. If you read it you know what it says. What it means is an entirely different matter. Because what it says is that God is very interested in us personally. It reveals he indwells us in a very specific way.

Why not join in on the discussion of how to determine personally what to do with this great revelation? How to actually do the heavy lifting of personally growing in relation to God, and his indwelling Thought Adjuster? This is what the book doesn't say how to do in other than general non-personal terms. The book's comments in regard to this are platitudes and repeating them to others who have read them is a bit inane.

New readers should have questions but if you've read the Urantia Book, you should want to become aware of what it doesn't say. That's what's being discussed here by some.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
The Urantia Book is one thing to read, study and discuss. What it says, doesn't need to be discussed. If you read it you know what it says. What it means is an entirely different matter. Because what it says is that God is very interested in us personally. It reveals he indwells us in a very specific way.

Why not join in on the discussion of how to determine personally what to do with this great revelation? How to actually do the heavy lifting of personally growing in relation to God, and his indwelling Thought Adjuster? This is what the book doesn't say how to do in other than general non-personal terms. The book's comments in regard to this are platitudes and repeating them to others who have read them is a bit inane.

New readers should have questions but if you've read the Urantia Book, you should want to become aware of what it doesn't say. That's what's being discussed here by some.

Wow, really? Do you know what "platitude" means?

Speak for yourself. Personally, I find that the TUB has so much depth, and such complexity, that it requires detailed and extensive study of *both* its words and what the words mean, to each of us individually and in unity. I am sorry that you find the book's teachings to be dull and trite.

PostPosted:  

Greetings nod,

nodAmanaV wrote:
The Urantia Book is one thing to read, study and discuss. What it says, doesn't need to be discussed.

Obviously it does. There are many misconceptions concerning what is actually said in the book and what is not. For instance, it does not say that Havona is the nucleus of the ultimaton. Despite that fact being pointed out numerous times, there persists an effort to "read into" the text in order to come up with that conclusion. There is nothing wrong with "reading into" what is written, but it must be described as personal opinion and nothing more. If it's not in the Revelation, it is opinion. Is it proper to demand that one's personal opinion concerning what one "reads into" the text is henceforth and always will be the truth?

nodAmanaV wrote:
If you read it you know what it says.

Clearly not. How many people have misread it, missed entire pieces of it, used the wrong definition for a word, or failed to tie parts of it together? Too many to mention. In addition, there are many times when a second or third read uncovers previously unnoticed material. Even after almost sixty years of reading, I continue to find new material I had overlooked. So no, there is no way anyone can say that if they read it they know it.

nodAmanaV wrote:
What it means is an entirely different matter. Because what it says is that God is very interested in us personally. It reveals he indwells us in a very specific way.

Yes, meanings are all going to be different because meanings are discovered within the mind and soul of each individual. Yes, it is written (in words) that God is interested in us. However, the words tell us many, many other things about God which are also worth studying.

nodAmanaV wrote:
Why not join in on the discussion of how to determine personally what to do with this great revelation?

The issue is not what to do with the book, but what you personally will do once you discover meaning? The book is well taken care of by the various institutions established for its safekeeping and dissemination. If you are interested in evangelism, then perhaps you could start a forum dedicated to evangelism. However, this is supposed to be a study forum. At least that is what it says, but I don't believe it is anymore.

nodAmanaV wrote:
How to actually do the heavy lifting of personally growing in relation to God, and his indwelling Thought Adjuster?

Oddly enough, how to do the heavy lifting is covered in the words of the Revelation. You say you have read it and know it. If so, then there should be no reason to ask. Perhaps a reread of Papers 100-103 will refresh your memory of how to do the heavy lifting.

nodAmanaV wrote:
This is what the book doesn't say how to do in other than general non-personal ways. The book's comments in regard to this are platitudes and repeating them to others who have read them is a bit inane.

I don't get it nod. You said the Revelation is full of platitudes. Do you truly mean that? If you think such a thing, then I cannot believe you have taken the words into your mind and soul and reflected deeply on them. Furthermore, what makes you think any discussion here from your fellow mortals will help you personally do the heavy lifting. Heavy lifting is something you must discover and do on your own. What I think you are searching for is church fellowship, a confessor, a group therapy session, a benevolent society or fraternity house, none of which you will find here. Because, this is a Study Forum. It's a school, especially the subforms titled: General Urantia Book Discussion and Questions and Answers.

There is something like a church section of the forum which publishes requests for prayers. There is also the subforum called Spiritual Experiences: A place to discuss how faith experiences have changed your life. There is also a subforum called Service With a Smile: A place to connect people, projects, experience and ideas and share service formulas. Actually, that last subforum would be the best for you to find ideas for service.

Personally, I find most of what is offered here by some posters to be nothing but platitudes and inanity, yet you seem to find great wisdom there. Why not in the Papers? Your comments are very confusing to me.

nodAmanaV wrote:

Yes, and that is very important. There is no reason to rewrite the Revelation or make claims that certain ideas are contained within it which simply are not there. This is important for new readers and old readers alike. It is a very important aspect of study, which is what I had hoped was going on here when I joined. But, I see that it has become a venue for voicing one's personal religion, which may or may not have anything at all to do with the Revelation, which makes it a sad day.

Here's an platitude expressed inanely just for you:

While religion produces growth of meanings and enhancement of values, evil always results when purely personal evaluations are elevated to the levels of absolutes. 100:1:1

Regards,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

You misunderstood Agon. I find someone posting (trolling) what the book says as a reaction to what's most often, taking offence to what someone else expresses of what something the book says and what it means to them, boring, trite, hypocritical, and an amazing arrogant unspiritual overreaction to usually a simple misread of what somebody posts.

Some are intent to throw the book around like a hammer. Some.

Misreading the meaning behind what is posted here is a disease.

PostPosted:  

Let me see if I understand you correctly Rexford. First you greet. Then you cut. And finally, you leave your respect, regard, or sincerity for a lasting impression.

Are you sure you're alright?

Or does this only happen on occasion because sometimes, you forget to keep your right hand from knowing what your left hand is doing?

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
You misunderstood Agon. I find someone posting (trolling) what the book says as a reaction to what's most often, taking offence to what someone else expresses of what something the book says and what it means to them, boring, trite, hypocritical, and an amazing arrogant unspiritual overreaction to usually a simple misread of what somebody posts.

Some are intent to throw the book around like a hammer. Some.

Misreading the meaning behind what is posted here is a disease.

Nod, your response above is disingenuous and reflects a lack of respect for your colleagues on this forum. You stated that "The book's comments in regard to this are platitudes". Not 'people's posts' are platitudes. "THE BOOK'S COMMENTS" "ARE" "PLATITUDES".

Nice try back pedaling but nobody's buying it.

PostPosted:  

The kingdom of heaven is not for sale Agon. Don't waste your time trying to by it.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
The kingdom of heaven is not for sale Agon. Don't waste your time trying to by it.

Congratulations! You have demonstrated that you understand what a 'platitude' is. Now if you could just keep in mind your correct observation that 'repeating them to others is inane'.

PostPosted:  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next