Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:33 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hello!

Is there a way to switch the fonts here back to what they were a week or so ago?

I find the new format extremely distracting. My poor brain sees only the gigantic and overly thick characters on the page. It's so visually overwhelming the meaning behind the words disappears in my poor taxed brain. :)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

There have been no font changes here to the system. It's the same as it has always been.

Larry

PostPosted:  

I had the same issue and it happened while I was online. I thought I did something but couldn't figure out what.

Jim

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

I'm having the same issue. I haven't been posting because of it. It is very irritating to have an enormous font requiring so much scrolling. On the plus side, I don't need my reading glasses here.

Obviously there is something different, and it's not on the user end of things. Maybe a thorough diagnostic is in order?

Thanks,
Rexford

PostPosted:  

Yeah....it's weird. It happened on my PC at the office but not on my laptop at home. Rexford, you can use your utility "gear" to reduce page fonts to help.

8)

PostPosted:  

In my case the culprit was the browser. I use Chrome. Something triggered the font expansion feature for this page alone. Very strange.

If you go to Open Menu on the far upper right hand side, there are - and + buttons that change the size of the fonts.

PostPosted:  

I can also confirm the font sizes are now much larger on all the Desktop browsers I tried on Mac: Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. I noticed in the site's CSS file there are a few spots where font-size is set to 100% (including the html element). If there isn't an explicit value for font-size set in the element or any of its ancestors, it will inherit the browser's default font size. I believe the default in Firefox is 16pt. Probably that way in others, as well.

Could the following be the recent change in the CSS?

Code:
body {
   font-size: 100%;
   /*font-size: 62.5%;  This sets the default font size to be equivalent to 10px */
}

PostPosted:  

Even after asking my browser to downsize the fonts, the page layout doesn't look nice and clean as it used to. Everything else is too small.:)

PostPosted:  

Okay....just tried Chrome and all looks normal on this computer compared to Explorer which has giant font. Oh well.

:shock:

PostPosted:  

Greetings,

When I zoom out so this forum is the right size, it affects all the other tabs I have open as well. It's also the same on both my browsers, on all my computers, iPads, but not on my iPhone. When I switch the iPad to mobile style, the font is normal. When I switch the iPhone to mobile style, the font is huge. Mixed up and crazy stuff going on.

Hope it gets solved soon,
Rex

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Right after I posted my "nothing to see here, move along..." note my browser also switched to a larger font. The problem should have been corrected now... you may need to refresh your page by holding the Ctrl key and clicking on the reload link, the circular arrow button on your browser.

Larry

PostPosted:  

Very nice :) I can confirm the fix.

PostPosted:  

While we're at it, can we revisit the new styling for viewing the forum on mobile devices? I tried to use it over the last few weeks but ended just switching to the full site... Found it too confusing and clunky to use

PS Thank you truthbook team for all you guys and gals do.