Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:07 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted:  
O:) I would love to hear of people's guardian angel stories.

I good friend of mine was driving through blinding snow storm, and trying to work out in his mind, whether he had recieved his own personal guardinan sheripham. He determined that he had not. So he said to his angel, \"Someone else must need you more than I right now, I release you.\" The next thing he remembered was waking up in a ditch full of snow, unhurt in body, but not in pride and resolved never to meddle w/ his unseen friend in this manner again.

Please feel free to post your own story...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
On page 1246c of The URANTIA Book is says "They [Seraphim] do not, therefore, intrude into the picture of human drama except in emergencies and then usally on direct orders of their superiors."

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Foster,

I like your posting signature that says \"In light and love\", an excellent brief description of the purpose and character of our Father and the ministries of His myriad children who are assigned to the activities of our watchcare and advancement.

However I'm afraid your friend is mistaken. A simple rookie error. No problem. An angel would not take offense at an innocent offhand remark and then the idea of one "causing" a material accident to teach a spiritually young mortal a lesson.....well that's just absurd. Assure your friend that such was not the case!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Did ya ever?
PostPosted:  
Hey Starship -

Here you are one of the most prolific posters, but I am still trying to get a handle on what you are about. I think you misunderstood the purpose of this particular topic. We would all like to hear a tale or two from you. "Seen any seraphim lately?" :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Well alright Foster, I'm afraid I don't have any tales of this nature for the group although if I did I would gladly share.

Also I desire not to be too difficult for others to figure out. I've had and been a complete believer in the Urantia Book for about 20 years. I've read it all around a dozen times which is no small investment of time as I'm sure you could guess.

Otherwise I participate here for the face value of the website. This is a discussion board for issues surrounding the matchless life and teachings of Jesus as brought back to us in the UB....and for additional discussions involving everything under, around and above the sun which may be helpfully covered by the UB. Many persons who are new to the UB or otherwise truth seekers stop by here as this site is somewhat easily findable by doing general internet searches for \"urantia\" and \"truth\".

If I can assist one of my fellows with any information or insight which I may possess then I am pleased to do so. Along with that I prefer myself to maintain the attitude of a student and always be open to the thoughts and insights of others who may chance to share their experiences with us.

And to expound just a bit more on your specific question., up to this time I have not enjoyed the personal visit of any supermortal personality. Nor do I hear any of their voices in my mind however this is a desire and pursuit of mine. It only requires sincere time and effort to cultivate such contact and when "they" determine that I am ready....it will happen. Such can happen to any of us who desire this experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Starship -

Thank you. Well now I am getting a much better idea of who you are, that your interest lies in helping those who are new to the teachings of The URANTIA Book or those that are searching for the truth.
You have said that you enjoy my "by-line." Would you please explain yours for me, "Knowledge is useless, unless it is shared, one way or another." :?:
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Alright no problem ttf, Uh....I believe you misread my signature. Please check it again. It is a paraphrased line from the UB.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Starship - You are absolutly correct, I did misquote it. Please tell me about how and why you have chosen to use it here, in this forum? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
On page #438c, The URANTIA Book, during a discussion of Transport Seraphim, notes "Human beings have sometimes been premitted to observe seraphim that were being prepared for transport service, and the traditions of these experiences have largely determined the Urantian concept of angels."

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hi!

Without a doubt our gurdian saraphim are with us and hear us even if we do not hear them. Also I think our supernal friends are more into \"tough love\" than we often give them credit for. After all out Father \"put\" us on a planet with natural disasters, gave us minds capable of causing great man-made disasters, and we are cautioned to \"Tempt not the angels of your supervision to lead you in troublous ways as a loving discipline designed to save your ease-drifting souls (178:1.10)\". And the latter sounds to me like what might have been going on in Foster's tale.

IMO, Starship, the angel didn't put him in the ditch, but was keeping him out of it.

As to seeing them. Most likely this sometimes does happen, but I do believe that we are subject to hallucinations of such a nature. And as to Starship's desires to communicate with supernals, I feel that this is a weakness to which URANTIA Book readers in particular, because of its nature, are way too susceptible. I think it was exactly this weakness which allowed Vern Grimsley to be deceived and for Teaching Mission to develop.

Better not to worry about it. I think in every case in The URANTIA Book such was never sought. When the supernals had something to communicate with someone, they just did it.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Peter -

Thanks for responding. Since I am the new kid on the block, I am still learning what goes on here. Are we a really a \"community\" as Big Bro suggests or do we all have our own seperate agenda's, eager to foist our own views on others, as Miz has complained about in her latest post.

Me, I am basicly kind of easy going, but I don't take well to being told what to do, or for that matter, what to believe. I have lived a life, rich with experinces of the Spirit. And what I am looking for is a place to let my hair down, relax and chat about matters most to me, doing God's will. But I have to say I haven't really found that environment here.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Hello Tom,

So good to see you posting here. Forgive my late reply, I have been at home tending to family matters for the last couple of weeks. I have an eight-year-old daughter that my husband and I adopted from China and it's always a joy to be able to spend one-on-one time with her.

Your guardian angel story reminds me of one a good friend told me once. Is your friend named Jim? If not, the story is remarkably similar.

I had a similar occurrence with the angels when I was a teenager, only I didn't end up in the ditch. I was driving home from a visit with a friend in Jail. This friend was about 24 years of age and he had had a horrible life. Ending up in jail was the culmination of all the bad things that had happened to him. As I drove home I was thinking of him and talking his troubles over with my angels. I hadn't read the UB as yet, I was only 17, but I had known for sometime that I had angels with me because I could feel them.

My friend was trying to achieve some privileges within the institution that he was incarcerated in. It was not like a prison in that he could win privileges like home passes under certain circumstances. He was not coping well because he felt like he was trying so hard but not getting anywhere in gaining privileges. My fear was that he would lose patience, spiral out of control and destroy all the good things he had done for himself there. That was his pattern.

As I drove along that night, I remembering telling my angels that I had had such a good life with loving and supportive people around me. I reasoned that I have had so many blessings and that it seemed to me that he had had so few. I asked them to go to him and help him. I assured them that I would be all right. Of course, back then, I didn't know how fast they can travel and I didn't realize just how efficient they are. Anyway, I felt their affirmation on my request and that they were going to do just as I asked. During the following week I spoke to my friend several times on the phone. He couldn't get over how all his obstacles seemed to have evaporated and everything was going right for him. He received his first home pass within two weeks.

Although I knew it was the angels that had helped him, he would never have believed that. Funny thing about him though, he's the one that turned me on to The Urantia Book. He found it there while he was incarcerated. He ended up becoming my husband, but sadly he died in 1982 in a car accident without ever really having read the book. He just never could overcome his personal demons, but he gave me the greatest treasure of my life. He gave me a revelation.

Happy New Year!
Love....Paula

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Goosebumps! :shock: Bro Dave

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Hi Paula and Tom!

Good to hear from you again, Paula! Presumably your deceased former husband would have had his own group guardian angel, who would have helped him in all acceptable ways. If your guardian (which might well have been the same one) acted at your request it would have been more for your benefit than his (imo -- would it refuse to help someone because someone else didn't ask?). My guess is that it may well have had something to do with getting The URANTIA Book to you in the future. How did that come about -- starting with how he found it in jail?

And to Tom: I don't know about \"foist\". When anybody discusses anything anywhere they generally present their personal views on the subject. And if there is disagreement, then that generally calls for further discussion. The site doesn't allow personal attacks, which in my opinion is a good thing. So discussions must be carried out with some restraint.

As to a community, according to The URANTIA Book, present-future kingdom groups will be organic (rather than organized) and TruthBook is that (other than its admin people). But it says that the groups will be goal-oriented rather than belief-oriented.

TruthBook appears to be mainly belief-oriented, which in my opinion makes it dead-end (unfortunately). Also belief-orientation, I think, makes conflict pretty much de rigueur. For instance, some of us feel strongly that the Teaching Mission is inauthentic and NOT a genuine part of the URANTIA movement, or an embarassing fringe at best.

Teaching Mission advocates, of course, feel otherwise. So conflict is guarenteed. Some of this could be alleviated if various spinoffs or interests like aka \"Caligastia\", Gabriel of Sodona, Teaching Mission, ACIM, Padgett Letters, and similar material, groups, and points of view were to be limited to a special place on the forum. And/or if there was a place on the forum where The URANTIA Book could be discussed without having advocates of these spinoffs and interests interfere.

When there is goal-orientation beliefs do not become the main issue, and discussion would center around the best way to get things done.

All this is just my opinion, of course. I hope this provides at least some answer to your question.
Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hi Peter, :smile:

I find a bit of conflict in believing the forum belief oriented, and should be goal oriented, but in the next breath, saying that you would like to see other views limited here, even though their goals are the same! :?

Bro Dave :twisted:

IMperfection... the REAL Gift.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next