Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:13 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sky_J ... -11-12.gif

Colter

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Hello friend. It was you who introduced me to the Urantia Book a few years ago. I'll always remember you because of that.

Do you know much about the background to this webpage, and why the date of 12 November was chosen?

UB 122:8.7 "On May 29, 7 B.C., there occurred an extraordinary conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in the constellation of Pisces. And it is a remarkable astronomic fact that similar conjunctions occurred on September 29 and December 5 of the same year."

kiwi

PostPosted:  

kiwi2 wrote:
Hello friend. It was you who introduced me to the Urantia Book a few years ago. I'll always remember you because of that.

Do you know much about the background to this webpage, and why the date of 12 November was chosen?

UB 122:8.7 "On May 29, 7 B.C., there occurred an extraordinary conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in the constellation of Pisces. And it is a remarkable astronomic fact that similar conjunctions occurred on September 29 and December 5 of the same year."

kiwi

Well hello kiwi2, So nice to hear from you, I think of you from time to time. One of my good friends is a "Kiwi", if ever I make it down to NZ I will try to find you. I'm so honored to have been the chance link between the revelation and you. I've often heard that we don't find the UB, the UB finds us.

The link I provided is a wiki link, it simply is the presumed, calculated view that would have been observed from Jerusalem in the year 7 BC. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_Bethlehem

astronomers are getting "closer" to the dates the UB has for this event.

wiki:
"In 1614, German astronomer Johannes Kepler determined that a series of three conjunctions of the planets Jupiter and Saturn occurred in the year 7 BC.[8] Although conjunctions were important in astrology, Kepler was not thinking in astrological terms. He argued (incorrectly) that a planetary conjunction could create a nova, which he linked to the Star of Bethlehem.[8] Modern calculations show that there was a gap of nearly a degree between the planets, so these conjunctions were not visually impressive."

Time will tell

Colter