Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:01 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted:  

This Is Interesting Info Eh ...

117:6.7 Upon the completion of the sixth stage of existence and the entrance upon the seventh and final stage of spirit status, there will probably ensue the advancing ages of enriching experience, ripening wisdom, and divinity realization. In the nature of the finaliter this will probably equal the completed attainment of the mind struggle for spirit self-realization, the completion of the co-ordination of the ascendant man-nature with the divine Adjuster-nature within the limits of finite possibilities.

Such a magnificent universe self thus becomes the eternal finaliter son of the Paradise Father as well as the eternal universe child of the Mother Supreme,

a universe self qualified to represent both the Father and Mother of universes and personalities

in any activity or undertaking pertaining to the finite administration of created, creating, or evolving things and beings.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

I understand how there are both motherly and fatherly aspects to numerous members of diety, but I don't see how this leads to the idea that these aspects are related to human males or human female type's of beings.

To me this attempt it the attitude of picturing god out of the image of man.

A female has been called to be "father-like" just as equally as a male has been called to be "father-like" so it doesn't follow that a man has any advantage or any closer relation to the father over a women in attaining god-likeness/father-likeness as this is the destiny of both males and females.

Its not like the Eternal Son and Universal Father mated to make creator son's. Infact their method of producing offspring does not have anything in common to anything human. This is how a Creator Son comes into being, I don't see anything that represents 2 opposite's such as male and female.

Quote:
(234.6) 21:1.1 When the fullness of absolute spiritual ideation in the Eternal Son encounters the fullness of absolute personality concept in the Universal Father, when such a creative union is finally and fully attained, when such absolute identity of spirit and such infinite oneness of personality concept occur, then, right then and there, without the loss of anything of personality or prerogative by either of the infinite Deities, there flashes into full-fledged being a new and original Creator Son, the only-begotten Son of the perfect ideal and the powerful idea whose union produces this new creator personality of power and perfection.

(235.1) 21:1.2 Each Creator Son is the only-begotten and only-begettable offspring of the perfect union of the original concepts of the two infinite and eternal and perfect minds of the ever-existent Creators of the universe of universes.

Quote:
(1174.7) 106:9.11 Sooner or later all universe personalities begin to realize that the final quest of eternity is the endless exploration of infinity, the never-ending voyage of discovery into the absoluteness of the First Source and Center. Sooner or later we all become aware that all creature growth is proportional to Father identification. We arrive at the understanding that living the will of God is the eternal passport to the endless possibility of infinity itself. Mortals will sometime realize that success in the quest of the Infinite is directly proportional to the achievement of Fatherlikeness, and that in this universe age the realities of the Father are revealed within the qualities of divinity. And these qualities of divinity are personally appropriated by universe creatures in the experience of living divinely, and to live divinely means actually to live the will of God.

Quote:
1.3.1.Even though you are “the offspring of God,” you ought not to think that the Father is like yourselves in form and physique because you are said to be created “in his image” — indwelt by Mystery Monitors

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Hi Boom , Yeah I See what your sayin , and agree with what
you mean , And Dare I Say , mostly agree with rich also.
Your Both Correct ... On Many Points .

The Bottom line tho as I See it Simply Is That

FATHER AND MOTHER ARE Simply WORD Symbols USED
To Better Help US Mere Mortals in Understanding
The Personality Qualities Of Divinity .

ITs NOT That They ARE Actualy MALE or FEMALE
But The Relationship Traits and Personality Attributes
That We Can Relate To As Human Beings , In Our Struggles
to Better Understand The Greater Qualities of Divinity .

Make any sense ?

NAMASTE

IF They Used Uncle and Aunt .
The Word Symbols Would BE Different eh

PostPosted:  

Sorry I just don't see how its possible to assume god has personality traits that are relatable to a human being and especially not relatable to finite sex creatures (etleast I don't see how anyone could deduce this from reading the urantia book). We can't really relate god's personality to a human personality at all.
Quote:
Human personality is the time-space image-shadow cast by the divine Creator personality. And no actuality can ever be adequately comprehended by an examination of its shadow. Shadows should be interpreted in terms of the true substance. ~ The Urantia Book, (1:6.1)

God is an infinite personality and infact all personality's take origin in him, so essentially god is all personality, Male, female personality, Solitary Messenger personality (which is a non-sexed personality) etc.

Quote:
5.6.4 There is no personality apart from God the Father, and no personality exists except for God the Father.

How can god's traits be anything at all relatable to a man. Given the nature of god as described in the u.b. God's personality traits are infinite and beyond relatable to anything finite and human. You can still look at god as you're literal father and not relate him to anything human. It's just a natural road to take the road that christian's and catholics have taken for year's in interpreting the father as a male, which has helped carry the belief that women are spiritually inferior.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

the word virgin in tub only refers to women or thought adjusters. a husband is symbolic of a creator son to the creative spirit. 17:6.8 The Postbestowal Ages. Another and great change occurs in the never-ending career of a Creative Spirit when the Creator Son returns to universe headquarters after the completion of his seventh bestowal and subsequent to his acquirement of full universe sovereignty. On that occasion, before the assembled administrators of the universe, the triumphant Creator Son elevates the Universe Mother Spirit to cosovereignty and acknowledges the Spirit consort as his equal.

the man elevates the obedient woman to his equal, not the other way around. tub never refers to god as male, only as a father figure. coop reminds us that the supreme is the mother figure.

117:6.7 Upon the completion of the sixth stage of existence and the entrance upon the seventh and final stage of spirit status, there will probably ensue the advancing ages of enriching experience, ripening wisdom, and divinity realization. In the nature of the finaliter this will probably equal the completed attainment of the mind struggle for spirit self-realization, the completion of the co-ordination of the ascendant man-nature with the divine Adjuster-nature within the limits of finite possibilities. Such a magnificent universe self thus becomes the eternal finaliter son of the Paradise Father as well as the eternal universe child of the Mother Supreme, a universe self qualified to represent both the Father and Mother of universes and personalities in any activity or undertaking pertaining to the finite administration of created, creating, or evolving things and beings.

boomshuka wrote:
Wait what :shock: a virgin can be a man or women who has never had sexual intercourse. People use the word virgin to describe doing something for the first time. ie. I am a virgin sky diver. So if a man's wife is symbolic of a thought adjuster, than by your logic a women's husband must be symbolic of the universal father. :roll:

Why would God bestow both female and male personality's and he himself only be a male type personality? If positive and negative represent male and female, than wouldn't it follow that an infinite personality who created both male and female personality like god in the very least be both positive and negative and much much more?

Not all universe beings are male and female, yes angel's are positive and negative but there are created beings with personality's who are not negative and positive.

194.1) 16:8.1 The Universal Father bestows personality upon numerous orders of beings as they function on diverse levels of universe actuality. Urantia human beings are endowed with personality of the finite-mortal type, functioning on the level of the ascending sons of God.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
rich says: the man elevates the obedient woman to his equal, not the other way around

Really?! Wow thanks for clearing that up. :roll: I can see you have lost all credibility in this thread. Try telling females in your life that one and see what the say :wink:

Attachments:
imagesCAIPWYAB.jpg
imagesCAIPWYAB.jpg [ 6.47 KiB | Viewed 4796 times ]

loveofrightdoing

Last edited by boomshuka on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:11 am +0000, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted:  

When all is said and done, the Father idea is still the highest human concept of God.

5:6.13 And this represents my efforts to present the relation of the living God to the children of time. And when all is said and done, I can do nothing more helpful than to reiterate that God is your universe Father, and that you are all his planetary children.

GOD As Our *FATHER* IS A Word Symbol , A Human Concept ,
Our Idea Of Our Relation With GOD For US To Understand
In Our Very Limited Comprehension as The Lowest form Of Intelligent
Will Creatures .

In The Very Same Way That We Think OF Jesus Christ Michael
As OUR Creator FATHER And As Our Elder Brother .

WE DONT Call Jesus / Michael SISTER .

196:3.35 And God-consciousness is equivalent to the integration of the self with the universe, and on its highest levels of spiritual reality. Only the spirit content of any value is imperishable. Even that which is true, beautiful, and good may not perish in human experience. If man does not choose to survive, then does the surviving Adjuster conserve those realities born of love and nurtured in service. And all these things are a part of the Universal Father. The Father is living love, and this life of the Father is in his Sons. And the spirit of the Father is in his Sons’ sons — mortal men.
When all is said and done, the Father idea is still the highest human concept of God.

Does GOD And Michael Have A Penis ?
IT Doesnt Matter , WHAT Matters IS OUR Personal Relationship
With Their PERSONALITIES .

ONLY PERSONALITIES CAN KNOW AND BE KNOWN

AND WE CAN Start To Know Their Personalities NOW
BY Each Baby Step WE Take NOW IN And Threw Prayer,
Worship and Doing Fathers WILL.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
WE DONT Call Jesus / Michael SISTER

No but they refer to Jesus as a Son, and throughout the entire u.b they also refer to females as well as male mortals as sons. Thinking of God as a white man in a beard is a huge miss fire when reading the u.b. Obviously if we are trying to read the u.b we should attempt to actually get as accurate a picture as we can with what they reveal to us. Obviously not everyone is going to agree though on concepts of god.

Quote:
196:3.35 And God-consciousness is equivalent to the integration of the self with the universe, and on its highest levels of spiritual reality. Only the spirit content of any value is imperishable. Even that which is true, beautiful, and good may not perish in human experience. If man does not choose to survive, then does the surviving Adjuster conserve those realities born of love and nurtured in service. And all these things are a part of the Universal Father. The Father is living love, and this life of the Father is in his Sons. And the spirit of the Father is in his Sons’ sons — mortal men.

The Infinite Spirit is referred to as the Infinite Mother Spirit on many occasions (92.3; 94.6; 95.7)., The Infinite Spirit is also called ‘he’ a few times (205.3). The Eternal Son also goes from male to female language in The Urantia Book. Sometimes referred to as the Mother-Son (87.3), other times called the Universal Mother (79.4).

If we took these concepts and relayed them to a human being we would be looking at a transexual. I think its just best not to relate Diety to sex-creatures because they are infinitely more than we are but maybe that is just how I see it.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

59:5.4 210,000,000 years ago the warm-water arctic seas covered most of North America and Europe. The south polar waters inundated South America and Australia, while both Africa and Asia were highly elevated. 59:5.5 When the seas were at their height, a new evolutionary development suddenly occurred. Abruptly, the first of the land animals appeared. There were numerous species of these animals that were able to live on land or in water. These air-breathing amphibians developed from the arthropods, whose swim bladders had evolved into lungs. 9:5.6 From the briny waters of the seas there crawled out upon the land snails, scorpions, and frogs. Today frogs still lay their eggs in water, and their young first exist as little fishes, tadpoles. This period could well be known as the age of frogs.

it's a long progression to understanding from your ancestors of 209,998,000 b.c. 100:1.4 Children are permanently impressed only by the loyalties of their adult associates; precept or even example is not lastingly influential. Loyal persons are growing persons, and growth is an impressive and inspiring reality. Live loyally today — grow — and tomorrow will attend to itself. The quickest way for a tadpole to become a frog is to live loyally each moment as a tadpole.

swim on. and lastingly jesus was loved by his followers not for his miracles or great words but because they perceived that he loved them. so jesus did it the right way which includes being the master son who elevates his associate to his equal and we are made in the image of the creator son and divine minister, abuses of the sexes and apologies therefore not withstanding, truth is still truth and being overly conscientious is not a good thing.

boomshuka wrote:
Really?! Wow thanks for clearing that up. :roll: I can see you have lost all credibility in this thread. Try telling females in your life that one and see what the say :wink:

PostPosted:  

deleted

Last edited by As-Above-So-Below on Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

The book say's 2 people can be together but that as a couple male and female will alway's be able to accomplish more, due to the fact there are some things women have insight into that men don't and vice versa.

Also a child's mindal energy's are dependant on the mindal energy's of the father and mother up untill 5 or so year's of age. So a small child literally lives threw his/her biological parents. Whether those parents are a million miles away or not it does not matter.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

fmbmack wrote:
In the Urantia Book they speak about marriage what do they think about Gay Marriage? I have heard the book is gay friendly ? Could any body fill me in what is in the Book

When I read the Urantia Book, it appears to advocate the male-female monogamous pairing as the 'ideal'. However, this does not mean, in my opinion, and from my point of view as a gay man, that the love I share with my boyfriend is any less real, any less loyal, or any less pure than the love a man and a woman may share.

The human race needs the male-female sexual pairing to perpetuate itself, but this doesn't mean male-male or female-female pairs are damaging to the preservation of the human species, since homosexual persons only make up less than 10% of the population. That we exist, that gay people live in society, and function as everyone else means society should afford them the oppurtunity to express their love, which is a universal experience. If heterosexual couples can see the beauty in their own love, I honestly don't see why some of them have such a hard time seeing the same thing, but in a homosexual couple.

Also, just by-the-by, I recently read an article which suggested the "passing on" (to put it loosely) of homosexuality, which may be influenced by genes passing down the matriline, may actually increase the mother's fecundity allowing her to have more fertile daughters and more children in general.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
However, this does not mean, in my opinion, and from my point of view as a gay man, that the love I share with my boyfriend is any less real, any less loyal, or any less pure than the love a man and a woman may share.

I think of it like this. I love men and women, young and old. You experience an additive sexual desire for a man instead of the norm, in which is only an experience in this life time. On the mansion worlds we are not sex-creature's we do not have that anotamy so its kind of a erronous topic.

Our sexual desire's are for this life time only. Our loving desire's for other human beings lasts forever and is meant to be shared to everyone.

The reason that a women helps a man is due to the unique viewpoints that women posses that men cannot and vice versa, so this helps a man/women understand the universe in a more complete way. The reason that a man and women parent is ideal is because a child on our world a child is biologically dependant on the mindal energy of the father and mother, up untill a certain age.

So the reason there probably is no information about homosexuality in the urantia book is because that it is sort of erronous.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

deleted

Last edited by As-Above-So-Below on Fri May 10, 2013 4:07 pm +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

I know the Material sons and daughters are sex-creature's but we are no longer sex-creatures on the mansion worlds. Which does not go against what I said we don't have physical sex.

To be honest I can't explain homosexuality with my knowledge of the u.b because they just do not provide me with enough information. But I am positive from reading the u.b that a child is dependant on both the mind of the mother and father untill they recieve a thought adjuster they even must await a parent to arrive on the mansion worlds to be resurected, you can find that in the 7 mansion worlds paper at the very begining when they talk about the Nursery world. I am also sure that we are not sex-creature's on the mansion worlds like the Material sons and daughter's. But I can see how we still crave that loving association. There is probably some non physical sex experience that we could experience if we were deprived in this life.

I am sure everything get's taken care of on the mansion world's though I wouldn't lose sleep about it.

Quote:
Boomshuka:
I’m not sure but maybe it’s time for the tadpole to become a frog?
:lol: funny, so I guess you're telling me you are giving up your new-age beliefs and starting to take the 5th epochal revelation seriously? Welcome to the club :biggrin:

loveofrightdoing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next