Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:32 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

URANO wrote:
Joer wrote:
Urano, welcome my brother. It's a joy to hear the wisdom and tone of your post. I hope to enjoy more of it in the days to come.

God's Blessings be with you. May all those "beings" bless and guide us in our journey to God.

Peace be with you Urano and all here. :smile:

Peace and wisdom to you as well brother.
I also wish all here to prosper in wisdom and all good things in life.
I feel good being here, and I know I was meant to find this place.

Thank You Urano. "I know I was meant to find this place", Now that you say it I doubt it not. I think that has been true for many who enter this Portal. I believe it I was meant to find this place also when I did, and I believe I was meant to meet the many beautiful brothers and sisters who I have met while here. We have gifts for each other. And often times I don't know what those gifts are until I receive them or give them. But I'm here to serve God and you Urano and all my brothers and sisters. :smile:

We are here to answer each other's questions and doubts among other things. IMHO. :smile:

Peace be with you my friend, and to all here. :o

Last edited by Joer on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:09 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Welcome Urano,

Always a pleasure to meet a fellow reader. I am fairly new here also. A great bunch of people with a lot to share.

Peace and wisdom to you my brother. O:)

Jim

PostPosted:  

That post was so long ago.....so much has happened since then.
I'm glad to be back to this website/forum.
Before and after finding this place, I joined many other Forums and mostly posted things in facebook for people that never even think for a moment about these revelatory times.

When I found this Book guided by intution, I moved to a solitary place alone, and for three months I did nothing else, except perhaps
paint a portrait of God and listened to the radio playing old hits. My entire life has been mostly nomadic except for some breaks.

My intuition, and my great desire to know the real universe(so far all we had was fantasy and speculation) led me to to find the Urantia
Book.
I was begging for it, desiring it with all my heart and soul and mind. In fact for many months I could not think of anything else
but "knowing" exactly how the universe was arranged, where we go after we die, who qualifies to higher dimentions and who and how
people are punished in this life and in the next, and wether we are punished or rewarded.

My situation was that I had no idea what book to trust, or what religion was the right and I had gone to so many places and joined
so many kinds of Ashram churches and organisations.
TBC

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted:  

bulldog wrote:
Welcome Urano,

Always a pleasure to meet a fellow reader. I am fairly new here also. A great bunch of people with a lot to share.

Peace and wisdom to you my brother. O:)

Jim

Welcome fellow seeker.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted:  

Joer wrote:
Urano, welcome my brother. It's a joy to hear the wisdom and tone of your post. I hope to enjoy more of it in the days to come.

God's Blessings be with you. May all those "beings" bless and guide us in our journey to God.

Peace be with you Urano and all here. :smile:

Greetings eternal being.

As you can see its been quite a while I had not posted, yet what I learned experienced, realized, enjoyed and discovered since then, has made me realized that all we know, no matter how much we know and learn, it's like the wisdom of ants in comparision with those so far advanced and above us by myriads of mental miles.

The good news is that we don't die when the present body dies, and that is no small gift. Eternal life, growing in wisdom, discovering more and more about our connection with the supreme and our possibilities in this wonderful boundless universe of universes, is better than being the wealthiest man on the planet but lacking in spiritual and cosmic facts.

PostPosted:  

I'm sure we have all gone through some kind of ridicule when it comes to our belief in the UB. I know I sure have. My entire family has given me flack about it. They think it's some kind of cult. I try to explain, but it mostly falls on def ears. It's a same to, I burn to share it with them. If they would only read it! I agree with others who have posted that it something that finds you when you are ready. I think a common thread to most readers I've met is that they were looking for answers. If someone is content with what they know, seeing a huge book like that is a big turn off. It is a shame though, the teachings could help so many people if they would just give it a chance. Most people I try to discuss it with are Christian and they put up the walls quick when I mention the UB. The Bible tells them that any other book is the work of the devil. It's sad!

PostPosted:  

UB2120 wrote:
I'm sure we have all gone through some kind of ridicule when it comes to our belief in the UB. I know I sure have. My entire family has given me flack about it. They think it's some kind of cult.

True. But I think the ridicule we all get is partly deserved. Why? I think you have pinpointed the main reason when you said "... when it comes to our belief in the UB" (emphasis mine). For as long as we simply "believe" in what the UB says, we are powerless to make any difference --- why should the materialists believe or take any notice of the Revelation or our words? If we only have our "belief in the UB" to show to them, then they are absolutely right in concluding that the Urantia Book is "yet another holy book" which has a cult following. Why not? They would be perfectly logical and consistent coming to such conclusion. Only when the reality of the things described in the UB becomes our experiential part of life (as it became for our Elder Brother, Jesus) then and only then, the materialists shall ask us "please show the way to this God you are serving", because God will then freely express himself through our lives --- this should be, imho, our real "business" on earth if we truly know God, i.e. to let God express himself through us, thereby experientially validating all things written in this great Epochal Revelation.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
I'm sure we have all gone through some kind of ridicule when it comes to our belief in the UB. I know I sure have. My entire family has given me flack about it. They think it's some kind of cult. I try to explain, but it mostly falls on def ears.

Yea! The same thing has happened to me :? . Mind you I have met some people who think the book is interesting and don't get awkard about it hahaha. But my extended family especially thinks I am nuts, my auntie's and uncles all go on my facebook and notice my Urantia Book enthusiasm and have relayed that back to my immediate family that they think im loony tunes and it is unfortunate. Hahahah all well, they are all catholic so my reply is alway's well you believe in essentialy the same things I do so if I am crazy than so are you! hahah.

No worrie's though after this life, or even before we will all get an opportunity to say " I told you so". It's like investing your money in a stock you know is priceless, everyone say's you are crazy for investing in it at first, mean while you are sitting there chuckling because you have insider information that the company is going to be making mega cash, so you sit there and say "just wait, you will be jumping on this bandwagon soon enough :)".

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing