Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:20 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Retrogression
PostPosted:  

:lol: I just wonder at what point does our society begin to retrogress? If it has not started already.

Quote:
118:8.6) For when culture advances overfast, when material achievement outruns the evolution of worship-wisdom, then does civilization contain within itself the seeds of retrogression; and unless buttressed by the swift augmentation of experiential wisdom, such human societies will recede from high but premature levels of attainment, and the "dark ages" of the interregnum of wisdom will bear witness to the inexorable restoration of the imbalance between self-liberty and self-control

Of coarse it could be that we are just going forward real slowly.

Quote:
(1302.3) 118:8.6 The slowness of evolution, of human cultural progress, testifies to the effectiveness of that brake — material inertia — which so efficiently operates to retard dangerous velocities of progress. Thus does time itself cushion and distribute the otherwise lethal results of premature escape from the next-encompassing barriers to human action.

Its interesting the next paragraph is about Lucifer and Calagastia.
Quote:
(1302.4) 118:8.7 The iniquity of Caligastia was the by-passing of the time governor of progressive human liberation — the gratuitous destruction of restraining barriers, barriers which the mortal minds of those times had not experientially overridden.

(1302.5) 118:8.8 That mind which can effect a partial abridgment of time and space, by this very act proves itself possessed of the seeds of wisdom which can effectively serve in lieu of the transcended barrier of restraint.

(1302.6) 118:8.9 Lucifer similarly sought to disrupt the time governor operating in restraint of the premature attainment of certain liberties in the local system.

Reminds me of all the people who read the Urantia Book and self identify themselves as 1st circlers. :lol: Cough* T.Mers included :-# They are the ones who usually find a way to take all the governer's off their mind threw the power of Osmosis in reading the book. :lol: Usually this occurs about 2 weeks after having started reading the book. :roll:

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Retrogression
PostPosted:  

When I read the paper talking about what the Planetary Prince did, it reminded me of the Ferengi from Star Trek. The race of beings in that show that are bent on getting the new technology, but are not mental/ethically or socially ready for it. I don't think we have retrogressed, and if we have probably not much. I think its just the ebbs and flows of human society. Some parts go up while others go down. I do feel we are in a delicate time period. The world could continue to go down the dark path it has been for the last few hundred years, or we could turn a corner and initiate an age of enlightment. Even though I believe we are close to that type of change, it is probably something I won't see in my life time. One thing the UB has certainly taught me is that evolution is slow.

PostPosted:  

As soon as I read "UB" I had the feeling that the world would have chosen the right path sooner or later. But not long ago but my idea is changing. I think seeing how things are going in the world today, without any divine intervention does not succeed we do. But I could be wrong. All organizations worldwide, including those that apparently help the next do not have the key to progress, he lacks the proper spirituality. Today, as always in the world lacks spirituality, there is much material and this will weigh heavily on the budget at the end of evolution.

PostPosted:  

Boom,
I think your latter thought is more acurate. When you think on the scale of centuries, as opposed to years (of your own life perspective), this planet was in dark ages for many hundreds of years; up untill the renaissance. When the Roman empire fell, civilization regressed, and then got stuck in a rut up untill about the 14th century. Seems to me that, as a whole, we have been accelerationg in our advancement from that point. Not just technologically, but socially, morally, spiritually, etc...

From the renaissance to this day, it seems that our advancement is not only constant, but is accelerating. :P

Although, it is said that advancement goes "up and down" on a scale of thousands of years :?
So, perhaps written history doesnt have a large enough perception to properly gauge our advancement as a whole.

-Edril, First circler :lol:

PostPosted:  

deleted

Last edited by As-Above-So-Below on Fri May 10, 2013 2:29 pm +0000, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Yea we probably haven't gone to fast, computer technology has sped up the most but either than that there hasn't been to much. I guess of coarse its alway's easier to be negative about the world than it is positive. Yea Edrill we are all first circler's here haha, we just willed it into being because we wanted it.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

63:5.7 And in many other ways these Andon tribes manifested a degree of intelligence which their retrogressing descendants did not attain in half a million years, though they did again and again rediscover various methods of kindling fire.

it took a half million years to improve from the first human family.

63:6.1 As the Andonic dispersion extended, the cultural and spiritual status of the clans retrogressed for nearly ten thousand years until the days of Onagar, who assumed the leadership of these tribes, brought peace among them, and for the first time, led all of them in the worship of the “Breath Giver to men and animals.”

i like the name onamonalonton, it's so indian sounding or more like aztec sounding, some serpent god from the maya, i forget the name. i'm thinking of Quetzalcoatl. being a breath giver i think is in common with all the early spiritual teachings around the world. i'd have to research tub some to look into that. 64:6.7 Because of this great retrogression the red men seemed doomed when, about sixty-five thousand years ago, Onamonalonton appeared as their leader and spiritual deliverer. He brought temporary peace among the American red men and revived their worship of the “Great Spirit.”

onamonalonton and the rest of the great six teachers from the sangik races just talk about the universal father, not the breath as overly important.

64:4.11 These times of the fourth and fifth glaciers witnessed the further spread of the crude culture of the Neanderthal races. But there was so little progress that it truly appeared as though the attempt to produce a new and modified type of intelligent life on Urantia was about to fail. For almost a quarter of a million years these primitive peoples drifted on, hunting and fighting, by spells improving in certain directions, but, on the whole, steadily retrogressing as compared with their superior Andonic ancestors.

for retrogression though thank god the colored races came along as the retrogression was going horrible with the neanderthal peoples.

[quote="boomshuka"]:lol: I just wonder at what point does our society begin to retrogress? If it has not started already.

PostPosted:  

The main thing is that, like all of you know, the Earth is a planet, what would be the experimental and normal development in a normal wiki world, here we could not be considered as such.
Especially thanks to this trial of life on Urantia, it seems that the evolution does not proceed, there is indeed involution. And now here we believe that this is the way forward, stagnation and it is almost too late when something happens suddenly on the stage of civilization it has a character that elevates all or most of civilization.

PostPosted:  

Quote:
normal wiki world,

Where can we find these wiki worlds? hahah

I think its almost impressive how the Urantia Book has remained such a secret for so long, considering how information is passed along so much now with the internet. I have a feeling that this book will be getting attention soon, though it may not necessarily be positive attention hahaha.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

I do not know how it came out "wiki", perhaps an interference of a wiki in google?
It may be that in future the book is more known now, but I do not think the problem is here. UB to learn through the publication of new editions (IMO) is not the right system. But it is not even this, even spreading the contents of UB personally do not believe that it will ever a radical transformation as written in the same UB. I am increasingly convinced that UB should be an "instrument" in the hands of a group of people more or less high. But the real discussion should be in the other direction. Today what is necessary to transmit to humanity are not the pages of 2035 UB, but the essential concept that comes out from UB. We should all involvement, and enter the religion of each through the dissemination of the true Gospel of the Father. This means only one thing: to preach the Faith in the Father alone is enough and that if we are all children of One Father, then we are also brothers. It is these few words, not everyone should read 2035 pages. Personally, I'm trying to do a Bible study, and in particular of the Gospel, which speaks of the Father and then disseminate this research to the Christians. I would also like help from anyone of you who want it. In addition to Christianity, there would also be doing a search in other religions with the same principle, extrapolate from the holy books, the parts where they speak of God as the Universal Father. I think this would be a fruitful work. Talk to the Father through the same holy books that religions are using. If you want to give me help.

PostPosted:  

I think alot of reader's would agree that one day when the u.b is given more scientific validation that it is meant for the whole world and it will probably be what gets us going as a world in the right direction.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

Are you telling me that many Urantian expect a day when science will acknowledge a written spiritual? Or rather that through science are all aware of UB? Anything can be. But given how things are going, maybe that day will be too late.

PostPosted:  

Said Jesus
Quote:
143.1.4 And no matter what blunders your fellow men make in their world management of today, in an age to come the gospel which I declare to you will rule this very world.

Extremely unlikely, this world is the world of the Creator son micheal, its also the headquarter's of the archangel's, do you really think these beings are going to let the world go to hell?

I am saying that the Urantia Book is a revelation for all of mankind, not just the small population of people who read it right now. The author's know what they are doing.

:
Quote:
Urantia will become a jewel in the crown of Michael, our Master

Quote:
And when the kingdom shall have
come to its full fruition, be assured that the Father in heaven will not
fail to visit you with an enlarged revelation of truth..." (1914:5)

IMO once mankind gets a little bit of deliverance from animalism and materialism, than we will get another visit. When this happens? I don't know, probably not my life though, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Quote:
"Urantia is now quivering on the very brink of one of its most amazing and
enthralling epochs of social readjustment, moral quickening, and spiritual
enlightenment." (2082:8)

If we we are quivering on the brink, than I assume this "world crisis" is not near then. I alway's wondered what this "world crisis" jesus spoke about could be. I imagine it is some physiological event. Maybe its when we have 1st contact with the non-breathers hahah, I can't picture that as "world crisis" though.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

boomshuka wrote:
Extremely unlikely, this world is the world of the Creator son micheal, its also the headquarter's of the archangel's, do you really think these beings are going to let the world go to hell?

That is exactly what Jews in Jerusalem were saying about the importance of their city and the temple in the eyes of God before Nebuchadnezzar came, destroyed the temple and burned it all to the ground.

Yes, the Gospel of Jesus will surely rule this world, in the ages to come --- there is no doubt about that.

As for the Creator Son and an Archangel and any other being that is involved in the management of this sphere's affairs --- they have no right whatsoever to interfere with the sacred freedom of will of mortals (bestowed by the Universal Father himself!) to do anything they wish, including blowing up themselves "to hell" if such is the degree of their utter insanity to which they have driven themselves through greed, hatred, envy and all other manifestations of materialism.

You correctly identify this planet as a sentimental shrine of all Nebadon --- but be consistent to continue to the logical point of the "shrine" (unless it is to become some useless relic, rather than an EDUCATIONAL tool for all the worlds of this universe, nay, maybe even the whole superuniverse) namely to clearly illustrate what will happen (i.e. a self-destruction of civilization) to the planet when its creatures reject the way of Light and Truth. The wages of sin are death and the wages of planet-wide rejection of truth is the choosing of falsehood (i.e. materialism) with the inevitable self-destruction attended thereupon.

There is no need for avoiding self-destruction in order to fulfill the prediction that "the Gospel of Jesus will rule this world". If this civilization is destroyed (or as TM'ers say euphemistically "population will be decimated to 1/10th of the present number") and some small part of it evacuated to a standby planet (as per John's prophecy of 144,000 in the book of Revelation) and then in a few hundred years return from there (as per the prophecy of the book of Enoch) to biologically uplift the surviving humans of this world (btw, "another" Adam and Eve may take part in this process, but that is purely my speculation) --- by that time a normal planet again, i.e. radioactive effects would die down. Then, the new society will be built upon better principles, not the materialistic ones of today. Then, and only then, the Gospel of Jesus can (and most surely will!) triumph.

What shall we say then --- give up trying to spread the Gospel of Jesus today? God forbid! Rather, do all we can to deliver the saving message of Jesus to all nations, work in the Lord's vineyard while it is still day, for the night is coming very soon when no man shall be able to work. The saving message is the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of all mankind --- i.e. love and serve one another and be not mindful too much of the coming destruction of this world. There is nothing we can do about preventing it. But there is much we can do about bringing the peace and hope of survival to those mortals who otherwise would soon die in terror and despair and ignorance.

Post subject: uo
PostPosted:  

tigran wrote:
boomshuka wrote:

That is exactly what Jews in Jerusalem were saying about the importance of their city and the temple in the eyes of God before Nebuchadnezzar came, destroyed the temple and burned it all to the ground.

Yes, the Gospel of Jesus will surely rule this world, in the ages to come --- there is no doubt about that.

As for the Creator Son and an Archangel and any other being that is involved in the management of this sphere's affairs --- they have no right whatsoever to interfere with the sacred freedom of will of mortals (bestowed by the Universal Father himself!) to do anything they wish, including blowing up themselves "to hell" if such is the degree of their utter insanity to which they have driven themselves through greed, hatred, envy and all other manifestations of materialism.

You correctly identify this planet as a sentimental shrine of all Nebadon --- but be consistent to continue to the logical point of the "shrine" (unless it is to become some useless relic, rather than an EDUCATIONAL tool for all the worlds of this universe, nay, maybe even the whole superuniverse) namely to clearly illustrate what will happen (i.e. a self-destruction of civilization) to the planet when its creatures reject the way of Light and Truth. The wages of sin are death and the wages of planet-wide rejection of truth is the choosing of falsehood (i.e. materialism) with the inevitable self-destruction attended thereupon.

There is no need for avoiding self-destruction in order to fulfill the prediction that "the Gospel of Jesus will rule this world". If this civilization is destroyed (or as TM'ers say euphemistically "population will be decimated to 1/10th of the present number") and some small part of it evacuated to a standby planet (as per John's prophecy of 144,000 in the book of Revelation) and then in a few hundred years return from there (as per the prophecy of the book of Enoch) to biologically uplift the surviving humans of this world (btw, "another" Adam and Eve may take part in this process, but that is purely my speculation) --- by that time a normal planet again, i.e. radioactive effects would die down. Then, the new society will be built upon better principles, not the materialistic ones of today. Then, and only then, the Gospel of Jesus can (and most surely will!) triumph.

What shall we say then --- give up trying to spread the Gospel of Jesus today? God forbid! Rather, do all we can to deliver the saving message of Jesus to all nations, work in the Lord's vineyard while it is still day, for the night is coming very soon when no man shall be able to work. The saving message is the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of all mankind --- i.e. love and serve one another and be not mindful too much of the coming destruction of this world. There is nothing we can do about preventing it. But there is much we can do about bringing the peace and hope of survival to those mortals who otherwise would soon die in terror and despair and ignorance.

Quote Tigran