Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:44 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Hello Truth Seekers,

I believe that time is dawning.

There are 100s of thousands of UB readers.
There are teachers and leaders among us.

What if there was a center where people could be educated in the way of the 5th Revelation?

I have a vision where the people of the world could attend a facility
(a revelation center) and be educated by the ways of the Trinity Teacher sons (a place where they may occupy in later times?)

This is just a desire, my imagination, to enlighten the races.

Does any body else have any thoughts about this?

Please post if you do. :)

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

i'd like to see it, but practically speaking, we may just have to hope and wait and see if melchizedek establishes his city here in our lifetimes. 93:10.7 We well understand how, by his triumph on Urantia, Michael became the successor of both Caligastia and Adam; how he became the planetary Prince of Peace and the second Adam. And now we behold the conferring upon this Melchizedek of the title Vicegerent Planetary Prince of Urantia. Will he also be constituted Vicegerent Material Son of Urantia? Or is there a possibility that an unexpected and unprecedented event is to take place, the sometime return to the planet of Adam and Eve or certain of their progeny as representatives of Michael with the titles vicegerents of the second Adam of Urantia?

interesting.

Majestone wrote:
Hello Truth Seekers,

I believe that time is dawning.

There are 100s of thousands of UB readers.
There are teachers and leaders among us.

What if there was a center where people could be educated in the way of the 5th Revelation?

I have a vision where the people of the world could attend a facility
(a revelation center) and be educated by the ways of the Trinity Teacher sons (a place where they may occupy in later times?)

This is just a desire, my imagination, to enlighten the races.

Does any body else have any thoughts about this?

Please post if you do. :)

PostPosted:  

I'd like to see it happen but I'm not sure how one would go about that other than with a LOT of money, unless you want to start really small. Still you would need some cash outlay to set up a building to operate out of, communications, media exposure, promotion, etc.

Then we come to the general reactions of people who we have told about the Urantia Book on average, and it really becomes quite a challenge. Like Rick I've pretty much stopped telling anyone about it because of the consistently poor reactions I've gotten, those ranging from yawning indifference, to outright hostility and accusations of blasphemy and heresy.

I think those who find the Urantia Book were looking for it out of dissatisfaction with evolutionary religions and religions of authority and dogma as well as a genuine hunger and thirst for truth. Not everyone is dissatisfied with those religions, and for many they are as much religion as they are able to handle.

Just my .02

PostPosted:  

132:2.4 The spiritually blind individual who logically follows scientific dictation, social usage, and religious dogma stands in grave danger of sacrificing his moral freedom and losing his spiritual liberty. Such a soul is destined to become an intellectual parrot, a social automaton, and a slave to religious authority.

i'm definitely not in any grave danger then, i even disagree with tub and wonder how much of how it really works in the afterlife, on the mansion worlds, etc., they're telling. 53:2.3 No one ever suggested rebellion to Lucifer. The idea of self-assertion in opposition to the will of Michael and to the plans of the Universal Father, as they are represented in Michael, had its origin in his own mind. His relations with the Creator Son had been intimate and always cordial. At no time prior to the exaltation of his own mind did Lucifer openly express dissatisfaction about the universe administration. Notwithstanding his silence, for more than one hundred years of standard time the Union of Days on Salvington had been reflectivating to Uversa that all was not at peace in Lucifer’s mind. This information was also communicated to the Creator Son and the Constellation Fathers of Norlatiadek.

lucifer had been trained to not be dum then.

Amy wrote:
I think those who find the Urantia Book were looking for it out of dissatisfaction with evolutionary religions and religions of authority and dogma as well as a genuine hunger and thirst for truth. Not everyone is dissatisfied with those religions, and for many they are as much religion as they are able to handle.

Just my .02

PostPosted:  

Hi guys,

...and thanks for the input.

I, myself, was guided to TUB after I realized in all God's wisdom there has to be another book besides the bible that shed light and truth to mankind. And then, right then and there, I was assured in my mind and soul that God was going to connect me with this book.

Not many months later a friend in Wendover, NV. introduced me to TUB. As soon as I seen the title on the cover I knew it was the book I was looking for. I began reading it immediately and I thought "this is it".

After reading it for a while I was able to give copies of TUB away to interested subjects.

I recently, in Salt Lake City, UT. found at least one bible reader who read only a few pages of the Foreword and adamantly dismissed TUB as untrue. He basically "judged the book by it's cover".

Now, I know they have an internet study group for TUB.

But, (money considered) I believe eventually there will be a "school" based on TUB teachings. God knows the world needs it.

Progressive evolution works, and with the progressive dissemination of TUB teachings we may just well see a "school" built.

But now, if we get the idea out there, I'm sure able-funded people can work together to bring it about. :P :?:

PostPosted:  

My advice would be to set something up with nature.....the most beatiful place's in North America...ie. Hot springs here in the Canadian Rocky Mountain's, or the beautiful island coastal town of Naniamo, where the culture and art's are absolutely epic, where mountain meet's ocean, meets lakes, meet's canadian wilderness....would be the perfect place's to set up retreat's.....

Avoid having any leader's in the group actually dictating the urantia book.....The sharing should be about mutual edification of expereince's not preaching.......

I'd place a huge emphasis on Healing and having fun and relaxing....life is filled with anxiety and stress.....

I'd almost set it up like a church...with the cross of jesus etc...and maybe do some reading's from the urantia book but than just completely egnore preaching...and just do recreational things from there and meditaitonal group's.....

Teaching only work's if the teacher has all the fruits of the spirit firstly...and secondly he must be able to help people aquire the fruit's of the spirit on their own.....NOT AN EASY TASK...lol people have been attempting that for year's and few have succeeded, most of the time its the blind leading the blind.. I wouldn't recommonend a teaching program...I have met few people who actually have an abundance of spiritual fruit and even than it seem's like these people's live's are perfect in their own right and wouldn't have the desire to actually spend enough time getting to know stranger's and actually falling in love with stranger's out of the graciousness of their heart, just to help them advance spiritually.....I have never met a person who possessed both an abundance of spiritual fruit and was freely giving his time to non family member's, threwout the course of a week or month's....that is very very rear.

A spiritual teacher isn't someone who has read the Urantia Book for 50 year's and has it memorized.... A spiritual teacher is someone who possess' spiritual fruit in abundance and is able create life long relationship's with stranger's..,....And if you are not getting a spiritual teacher for the Urantia Book than there is no point, it will just be a humanistic secular excersize...though that's not alway's the worst thing either...

In the end I'd avoid teaching and just stick to a Urantia Healing center....where everyone just lay's on a warm mexican beach, and enjoy's the outdoor's hahahah

Also I doubt that |Urantia Reader's would be specifically targeted by cellestial being's for contact......I think that those targeted by cellestial's will be of all walks and religions......I wouldn't hold your breath excpecting any reward for reading the urantia book in this life or the next...

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

[quote=Avoid having any leader's in the group actually dictating the urantia book.....The sharing should be about mutual edification of expereince's not preaching.......

I'd place a huge emphasis on Healing and having fun and relaxing....life is filled with anxiety and stress.....[/quote]

Well, my idea was to have an Academy, like a college, that people would be educated using the outlines revealed in TUB.
Think about what it would mean to GRADUATE from a "College Of Urantia" There could be many and diverse classes to attend, a far-reaching corriculum.
Even like Adam and Eve's ways of spiritually uplifting the races and sending the most qualified ones to be emissaries to other nations.

Actually I thought about Oregon. It's a beautiful place and many people there are spiritually fragrant.

I have even thought of an architectural design. There could be the "Father's Temple" right in the middle with buildings surrounding it in Tri-circular pattern, with 7 circles of buildings surrounding it.
Like the Grand Universe. :biggrin:

PostPosted:  

The only problem with that is having spiritually advanced student's who are far more spiritually minded/ religously superior to their teacher's....You will have huge debates and arguments lol....As stated in the Urantia book some people can be naturally gifted religionist's independant of what they believe.... Also there are many path's to god, it can be dangerous to tell people religous teaching's when their own personal religion may be sufficient enough to carry them threw... There is also the possibility of brainwashing, which goes on in practically all religous group's and is hard to avoid when someone is given power to teach.

Not to mention outlines of the tub sound like sheets of paper to be memorized...That doesn't seem very inspiring ..... memorizing the urantia book is essentially useless...

IMO..What the world need's most is a "new john the baptist". someone to help clense the spiritual wound's and heal the spiritually sick, to take them into a beatiful river and pray to the father in heaven...Someone who truley does love humanity...someone who is free from eccentrity's and oddity's.

Someone who can fasciliate in cleaning the inside of the cup.....instead of trying to pour a pinte of water into a pitcher..

Afterall religous growth cannot be taught.....we can just set up the best condition's as physically possible...

.(1094.5) 100:1.3 Give every developing child a chance to grow his own religious experience; do not force a ready-made adult experience upon him. Remember, year-by-year progress through an established educational regime does not necessarily mean intellectual progress, much less spiritual growth. Enlargement of vocabulary does not signify development of character. Growth is not truly indicated by mere products but rather by progress. Real educational growth is indicated by enhancement of ideals, increased appreciation of values, new meanings of values, and augmented loyalty to supreme values.

(1094.6) 100:1.4 Children are permanently impressed only by the loyalties of their adult associates; precept or even example is not lastingly influential. Loyal persons are growing persons, and growth is an impressive and inspiring reality. Live loyally today — grow — and tomorrow will attend to itself. The quickest way for a tadpole to become a frog is to live loyally each moment as a tadpole.

(1094.7) 100:1.5 The soil essential for religious growth presupposes a progressive life of self-realization, the co-ordination of natural propensities, the exercise of curiosity and the enjoyment of reasonable adventure, the experiencing of feelings of satisfaction, the functioning of the fear stimulus of attention and awareness, the wonder-lure, and a normal consciousness of smallness, humility. Growth is also predicated on the discovery of selfhood accompanied by self-criticism — conscience, for conscience is really the criticism of oneself by one’s own value-habits, personal ideals.

(1095.2) 100:1.7 Religion cannot be bestowed, received, loaned, learned, or lost. It is a personal experience which grows proportionally to the growing quest for final values. Cosmic growth thus attends on the accumulation of meanings and the ever-expanding elevation of values. But nobility itself is always an unconscious growth.

(1095.3) 100:1.8 Religious habits of thinking and acting are contributory to the economy of spiritual growth. One can develop religious predispositions toward favorable reaction to spiritual stimuli, a sort of conditioned spiritual reflex. Habits which favor religious growth embrace cultivated sensitivity to divine values, recognition of religious living in others, reflective meditation on cosmic meanings, worshipful problem solving, sharing one’s spiritual life with one’s fellows, avoidance of selfishness, refusal to presume on divine mercy, living as in the presence of God. The factors of religious growth may be intentional, but the growth itself is unvaryingly unconscious.

(1095.4) 100:1.9 The unconscious nature of religious growth does not, however, signify that it is an activity functioning in the supposed subconscious realms of human intellect; rather does it signify creative activities in the superconscious levels of mortal mind. The experience of the realization of the reality of unconscious religious growth is the one positive proof of the functional existence of the superconsciousness.

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

It is said that what the world needs now is the teachings of Jesus.

In Sunday school children learn about Jesus.

Instead of presenting a ready made religion people need to hear the truth of the gospel so they can develop faith and experience on their own.
Like a family that rears their children in the way, the truth and the life, So can people be enlightened about God, Deity and the Sons Of God-who also seek to spiritualize the worlds and reveal the Father to the mortal races.

Out of a "School" for Truth, Beauty and Goodness there could spawn individuals who genuinely experience a relationship with God and in turn teach and enlighten their brethren.

This method was started in the days of the Planetary Prince, and Adam & Eve continued to uplift the races by the same principles.

(835.4) 74:7.1 The children of Adam, except for four years’ attendance at the western schools, lived and worked in the “east of Eden.” They were trained intellectually until they were sixteen in accordance with the methods of the Jerusem schools. From sixteen to twenty they were taught in the Urantia schools at the other end of the Garden, serving there also as teachers in the lower grades.

(835.5) 74:7.2 The entire purpose of the western school system of the Garden was socialization. The forenoon periods of recess were devoted to practical horticulture and agriculture, the afternoon periods to competitive play. The evenings were employed in social intercourse and the cultivation of personal friendships. Religious and sexual training were regarded as the province of the home, the duty of parents.

(835.6) 74:7.3 The teaching in these schools included instruction regarding:

(835.7) 74:7.4 1. Health and the care of the body.
(835.8) 74:7.5 2. The golden rule, the standard of social intercourse.
(835.9) 74:7.6 3. The relation of individual rights to group rights and community obligations.
(835.10) 74:7.7 4. History and culture of the various earth races.
(835.11) 74:7.8 5. Methods of advancing and improving world trade.
(835.12) 74:7.9 6. Co-ordination of conflicting duties and emotions.
(835.13) 74:7.10 7. The cultivation of play, humor, and competitive substitutes for physical fighting.

(835.14) 74:7.11 The schools, in fact every activity of the Garden, were always open to visitors. Unarmed observers were freely admitted to Eden for short visits. To sojourn in the Garden a Urantian had to be “adopted.” He received instructions in the plan and purpose of the Adamic bestowal, signified his intention to adhere to this mission, and then made declaration of loyalty to the social rule of Adam and the spiritual sovereignty of the Universal Father.

(836.1) 74:7.12 The laws of the Garden were based on the older codes of Dalamatia and were promulgated under seven heads:

(836.2) 74:7.13 1. The laws of health and sanitation.
(836.3) 74:7.14 2. The social regulations of the Garden.
(836.4) 74:7.15 3. The code of trade and commerce.
(836.5) 74:7.16 4. The laws of fair play and competition.
(836.6) 74:7.17 5. The laws of home life.
(836.7) 74:7.18 6. The civil codes of the golden rule.
(836.8) 74:7.19 7. The seven commands of supreme moral rule.

(836.9) 74:7.20 The moral law of Eden was little different from the seven commandments of Dalamatia. But the Adamites taught many additional reasons for these commands; for instance, regarding the injunction against murder, the indwelling of the Thought Adjuster was presented as an additional reason for not destroying human life. They taught that “whoso sheds man’s blood by man shall his blood be shed, for in the image of God made he man.”

This is just an example. Much emphasize must be placed on the actual teachings of Jesus.

The "School" could be a privately owned enterprise to keep "revelational and spiritual" integrity.

It would take much work and devotion to plan for such an endeavor, but it would be a wonderful way to "Serve" our brothers and sisters. :wink:

PostPosted:  

I am starting college on June 6th. I hope to obtain a degree in Computer Programming.

This school has a class on Philosophy, which I can take as part of my generals. That should be interesting.

How wonderful it would be if they also had a course based on TUB revelations and the real teachings of Jesus. :shock:

PostPosted:  

:2.3 Majeston is a true person, the personal and infallible center of reflectivity phenomena in all seven superuniverses of time and space. He maintains permanent Paradise headquarters near the center of all things at the rendezvous of the Seven Master Spirits. He is concerned solely with the co-ordination and maintenance of the reflectivity service in the far-flung creation; he is not otherwise involved in the administration of universe affairs.

reflective - to cast back light, images, or sound waves. it seems as if he's more of a go-between than a cast backer, meaning he doesn't take from outside paradise only and then reflect back to the imperfect creation a response, but rather he sends information from the central area to the outer space levels, but i'm not sure.

PostPosted:  

Yea but the school's in the garden of eden had information from adam and eve themselve's. They had 1st hand information and thousand's of year's of knowledge between adam and eve pertaining to the planet. Not to mention they had an entire culture to work threw administration problem's etc. They had a plethura of advantages.

Its humanly impossible to provide the setup they had. The urantia book can be learned by a kid on their own time without any help I did it myself when I was 16 I didn't need anyone's help. Infact I am glad I have lived a normal life without any special group that segregated me from society, I think that could mess a kids head up.

I think what the world need's most is new john the baptist's........Seperating yourself from society like scientoligist's do just seem like a bad idea to me, its a situation just ripe for abuse. I rather my future child go to a devout christian school than a urantia school.

I think it would be much safer if there were course's on urantia in regular school's.....I just think seperating children from the world in that way is dangerous...

loveofrightdoing

PostPosted:  

We each have our own ideas.

Children shouldn't grow up without their parent's.

With God all things are possible.

There is always a way. :razz:

PostPosted:  

Seeing how successful UBIS is, a center for Urantria education is not as far fetched as some might think.

If a place was designated for Urantia Book (Fifth Epochal Revelation) teachings it would draw attendees.
I know it would.

Sure, boomshuka, nature would be a good setting.

How about about a building, made-over, not a church, but a retreat to start with. A gathering of the minds of Urantia?

It would be a good start. Much like study groups of today, but an actual Center For Urantia?

I wish I could make a "Majestone Center Of Urantia" or the "American Center Of Urantia" (Canada included) lol.

O.K. We can think of many names, but a place where the people of the world could actually travel to and live and learn would be nice.

Majestone The Faithful

PostPosted:  

Majestone - now that just a few of the material obstacles have been articulated, let me encourage you in your vision. What if Van had succumbed to the obstacles?? The biggest obstacle I see may actually act as a facilitator - the internet. I'm new to these websites. As a long time reader, I've been to multiple study groups, conferences, Birthday celebrations, etc. and always enjoyed the "congregation" but there never was the access, outreach, and community provided by the www ever in planetary history. The readership community should blossom, perhaps boom, due to such access and study resources available at the multiple sites. Sadly, I left the community in the 90s due to the politics and heresies of the time. It seems a great deal has improved, healed, and refocused into a much more robust and depoliticized movement. But I can definitely invision curriculum for newbies and ancients alike in a rural retreat or urban centered School. I'd really like to see other holy books and religous philosophies presented for their many shared tenets as a way to arm and prepare Urantia reader-religionists of multiple faiths to find common ground and testimony as an approach to nonUB believers for shared spirituality (not conversion).

I agree with and appreciate your focus on education and not religious organization. The focus should remain on understanding and application of UB teachings wherever one lives - geographically, socially, culturally, religiously. I don't think uniformity or homogeony is necesarry (for now). The religion ABOUT the Master is NOT the religion OF the Master and a UB religion would surely befall the same human and ego traps of all others as we are warned about. Does the world need another religion? No. There are several mentions in the Revelation about Schools of Religiousity or ecumenical centers of comparative religion and philosophy, one of which the Master chose not to teach at (or was it two of them?) but seem to be given high marks for effort and results by the author(s). One model perhaps?

I believe there's a teaching that all mortals will have the opportunity to fulfill those passions and talents Morontially that we are unable to pursue or complete mortally. Love the idea and will pay tuition gladly!! There's always money and resources from unexpected, even mysterious, sources when you're in the Karma slip-stream...nothing can prevent or even resist what Heaven wants to happen!! Peace.