Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:00 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: a yearning
PostPosted:  

Quote:
Our Father is not in hiding; he is not in arbitrary seclusion. He has mobilized the resources of divine wisdom in a never-ending effort to reveal himself to the children of his universal domains. There is an infinite grandeur and an inexpressible generosity connected with the majesty of his love which causes him to yearn for the association of every created being who can comprehend, love, or approach him...

Isn't it beautiful that God wants association with us...wants to be in our every moment. It is so wonderful to know that He is yearning for me as much as I yearn for Him. Been doing some awesome worship time....hoping to give opportunity for His love to work in my life. Feeling pretty grateful for the "inexpressible generiosity conected with the majesty of his love"....

Love y'all and hope everyone is doing well O:)

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: a yearning
PostPosted:  

Thanks for this priceless snippet, Fisher Mom, a peek at God -- which is reflected in each of us, His Children, who also have that godlike aspect through the Indwelling Adjuster. There are times when I feel that precise same feeling -- I yearn for the association of every created being who can comprehend, love, or approach divinity. I long for a bigger family of faithers. My heart swells to include all of humanity in my affectionate embrace. It motivates me.

PostPosted:  

It is so true, and a message that need to be heard more, that is that God him self is an actual possibility to have a relationship with and any one of healthy mind can know him, not just choose to believe in him. That a dynamic personal walk with him is a reality if one is willing to open themselves up to the proses.

nice post Mom whom likes to fish :)

PostPosted:  

Hi Nancy Fishin' Mom, and Everyone,

You all said it in each of your posts, in your own particular ways. That God our Father is truly approachable, and he lives within us... and the best part is we can have a real personal relationship with him... right now.

I'm always amazed at how much inner strength it gives people who believe, and experience, in that reality. Its saved my life in more ways than I can say, many more times than once :-#

It has always been a source of strength and direction for me. And I'll have to tell ya... just thinking about it and then actually experiencing that living relationship with our Father within... well, it gives me a big grin that reaches deep inside me. A good feeling of alive and active 'connection' and being totally safe in the universe. And much more.

Have a good evening Everyone,

God Bless,
Bill

PostPosted:  

I too have this yearning to be (and FEEL) connected with the Father, but somehow there seems to be a 'short', or a loose wire, in the system, preventing me from getting through and making the connection. My mind wanders constantly if I try to meditate. Pointers anyone?

PostPosted:  

Mine ebbs and flows...mostly ebbing this past year. This has been a period of just putting one foot in front of the other and trusting that there will be something substantial under each step...so far, so good. Figure it's a time of testing, maybe strengthening? Not sure and never am until later on down the road.
I'm sure someone with more insight will respond. But...until then....just keep on walking forward (too dang hard to walk backwards :? ).

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Hi Rosemary.

You say your mind wanders constantly if you try to meditate? Hmmm. Two things come to mind -- a physical reason and/or a mental reason.

I. A physical reason might be because you are being affected electro-chemically. Are you on medication that would overstimulate the brain, up the blood pressure, slow the pulse? Or are you steeped in caffeine or sugar or something that will make the brain hyper-active. The weather conditions or the phase of the moon, or of your menstral cycle, are all physical factors that could interfere with quality meditation.

II. Otherwise, are you overwhelmed with so many things on your plate (social, psychic or otherwise) you cannot focus on one thing? Is "the committee" on duty, telling you what you should do, what you must do, what you ought to do, what you dare not do? If "the committee" is yammering at you, just ask for the mind of Christ to come in and take over and then give yourself up to it; it will happen. From there, you will be able to find the "peace of mind" needed to have a little talk with God -- pray and meditate and worship.

Sometimes, too, when I am having a hard time "connecting" it is my ego that wants me to pay attention to IT rather than to set it aside so I can talk to God. It (the ego) will bring all kinds of little nit-picky things to my attention, trying to tell me how important it is that I do something about it, review it, get mad about it, apologize over it, be afraid of it, and then my job becomes one of "animal trainer." I have to tell my ego mind to "Chill!" and assure it that we will play later, but right now I need to sit still and be quiet.

I do think that this is what is meant in the UB when it talks about Jesus acquiring self-mastery -- "even of the mind." It is worth the persistent effort to attain this kind of self-mastery because there is nothing more gratifying that sitting in the presence of the Prince of Peace, or feeling the divine embrace of the Universal Father.

PostPosted:  

Thanks jak and Gerdean. I don't think there's a physical reason for my distractions. It's probably a combination of II. and the ego thing. I am 86 years old and my circumstances allow many quiet moments during each day. Being mother of 13 and grandmother of 28 might have something to do regarding distracting thoughts coming into my head. You have some great suggestions, Gerdean. I hope to begin practicing as soon as possible. And jak, I won't consider for a moment walking backwards...just happy to be able to walk forward!

PostPosted:  

P.S. I guess I could call our family "the committee"?

PostPosted:  

May GOD Bless you
Rosemary E. 8)
And your Committie

'' mother of 13 and grandmother of 28 ''

You may be overqualified tho lol :smile:

Listen to that still small voice .

Meditation , prayer and worship
brings inner peace :idea:

PostPosted:  

Yes, Rosemary, the "committee" is the voice of everyone but the Thought Adjuster -- the mother's advice, the father's counsel, the minister's ministry, the teacher's admonitions, the neighbor's opinions, the children's challenges, the grandchildren's questions, the radio announcer's input, the television program's message, the commercial's inducement, the government's requirements. They all have value; they all pull and tug at us, vying for position, but we don't have to listen to them all at once or all the time. Ask the mind of Christ to come in and take over your mind, and He will. He will still your mind so that all those voices are quieted and you can find peace and discern what His will is for you -- regardless of the well-meaning counsel of "the committee." I guess that's why He is called "The Prince of Peace." He will lead you into the citadel of the spirit, where the presence of the Father resides in the indwelling God fragment, and there you can hear the still, small voice that will say, "This is the way."

PostPosted:  

Returning to forum, AKA Uncle Bill.

Christ-ing is a habit. Taking on the mind of Jesus, as the Christ, is our sonship means of intimacy. Practice builds habititude and habititual practice builds relationship, adds value to experience and forges our tomorrows.
Simple reflection on our personal growth will reveal unique correlations between thought and action which result in evolved desire. In my thinking that's the core-value...evolving desire.

"Yearning" is evidence of this evolution. These yearnings have come into being as our thoughts have been adjusted thru practice of habit. This "insane" world wants to keep doing the same old thing(read tradition, superstition, heritage, religious practice) and hope for better results. When we allow "yearning" a guiding hand in our "doing" we develop new habits. New habits require adjusted "doing" and the relationships we actually endure are honed to a cutting edge with which we are empowered to cut away...the insanity.

bill

PostPosted:  

Quote:
When we allow "yearning" a guiding hand in our "doing" we develop new habits. New habits require adjusted "doing" and the relationships we actually endure are honed to a cutting edge with which we are empowered to cut away...the insanity.

Like that O:)

O:) still yearning and reaching..adjusting my "doing"

PostPosted:  

Count my thanks for the original quote too! That should help any of us that may happen to have occasional doubts about self-worth.

PostPosted:  

Rosemary E. wrote:
I too have this yearning to be (and FEEL) connected with the Father, but somehow there seems to be a 'short', or a loose wire, in the system, preventing me from getting through and making the connection. My mind wanders constantly if I try to meditate. Pointers anyone?

I alway's pray to jesus to help clean my heart and soul, so that all these aspects of me have a stronger capacity to yearn for god...during my meditation's I usually attempt to "submit" to our enthroned father, like a kid submits to his dad.

That is an amazing quote -fishin mom-, I'm glad you posted it :).

Thehapyandefectivepersonismotivatednotbyfearofwrongdoingbutby
loveofrightdoing