Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:50 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: prayer needed
PostPosted:  

Hi MaryJo, Always good to hear your sound advice and sweetness.

Hi Susan :D :D just wanted to let you know I think about the lesson and wisdom you have been teaching here that has ...well you are teaching me how to deal with the tough stuff...you are a true inspiration and I also wanted to let you know that the fellowship of other U.B. readers, what they say...the genuine nature and kindness...very healing. I am starting to realize missing some folks I cared for so much and were such a huge part of my life is necessary to appreciate fully the next time I will see them.....it is definitely hard and I still cry a bunch...but I also get excited now to know that all of us will be on the same adventure....together. :D

....I just need to know...how are you doing? Are you doing okay? Let me know if there is anything I could ever do for you. O:)

Howdy Jack :biggrin: hope you are having that better than bestest!!! I sure do like that phrase. :P

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Bonita, I am happy to hear that you do not hold grudges...

As for the "knuckles" comment - well, I maybe should not speak for jj, but it was probably my comment about knuckles that inspired his...and I don't read his comment as threatening to anyone. It seems to me to be just a metaphorical defense of himself.

Again, we have to refrain from ascribing such sinister meanings to hastily-written and likely simple defensive words...my opinion, of course. And you are certainly entitled to yours...

Can we let it go now? Let's all be nice to each other and start fresh...

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Hey Nancy...I have to agree with you about Susan (sorry for talking behind your back, Susan). I have learned more from her strength, and also your's...more than any words written could have taught to me. It is in our actions, especially during times of great personal pain, that our inner character shines. There must be tears and some very painful moments for both of you, but somehow you two have managed to continue to contribute to this forum with joy and grace in the now, and hope in the future. IMO, that's the bottom line lesson for this upside down world.

So, Hi there, Susan! And Nancy! You are two strong and loving women...glad you're with us.

And Maryjo...you are always the voice of reason, in spite of our mis-actions on occasion. We're still just little kids :lol:

Peace to all
Jo

And all is well, Bonita....hang in there.

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

Thanks Jo,

I'm sure that all is well with the world, and also in my soul. I worry about people who are so quick to anger and defensiveness, and I don't feel that I should stop worrying about them. It's not childish to be concerned about the welfare of other's souls. Jack has been dwelling on a mild rebuke for days and each of his posts on the subject was getting more and more seething with anger. That cannot be good for him. Think of Judas.

Jesus continually prayed for the souls of others and although folks here think that's uppity, I take it quite seriously. I do pay close attention to what Jesus did and said. Jesus is the closest personality to God whom I know, and he never exhibited wrath or vengeful behavior. Both Jesus and TUB have very clear teachings concerning anger and bitterness which are a result of a lack of personality control, a sign of spiritual immaturity, a clear cry for help, albeit often an unconscious one.

Quote:
149:4.2 "Anger is a material manifestation which represents, in a general way, the measure of the failure of the spiritual nature to gain control of the combined intellectual and physical natures. Anger indicates your lack of tolerant brotherly love plus your lack of self-respect and self-control."

48.7.20 Impatience is a spirit poison; anger is like a stone hurled into a hornet’s nest.

110.1.5 All physical poisons greatly retard the efforts of the Adjuster to exalt the material mind, while the mental poisons of fear, anger, envy, jealousy, suspicion, and intolerance likewise tremendously interfere with the spiritual progress of the evolving soul.

131.3.6 Let not anger and hate master you.

131.4.6 Let no man do to another what would be repugnant to himself; cherish no malice, smite not him who smites you, conquer anger with mercy, and vanquish hate by benevolence.

131.6.2 Self is man’s invincible foe, and self is manifested as man’s four greatest passions: anger, pride, deceit, and greed. Man’s greatest victory is the conquest of himself.

140.5.6 Fear and anger weaken character and destroy happiness.

141.3.8 Jesus portrayed conquest by sacrifice, the sacrifice of pride and selfishness. By showing mercy, he meant to portray spiritual deliverance from all grudges, grievances, anger, and the lust for selfish power and revenge.

153.3.5 Do you not know it is from the heart that there come forth evil thoughts, wicked projects of murder, theft, and adulteries, together with jealousy, pride, anger, revenge, railings, and false witness? And it is just such things that defile men, and not that they eat bread with ceremonially unclean hands.

155.1.2 But you who have lived with me well know that anger and wrath are not a part of the establishment of the kingdom of heaven in the hearts of men.

Jesus said return good for evil. How do you do that on a message board? By just ignoring it? By sweet talking over it? I don't think so. I quote the Master. If the Master's quotes anger a person, then I'll pray for that person too.

PostPosted:  

FishinMom:

Still praying with you.

--JJ--

132.0.4: " Never once did he even mention the flaws in thier teachings, he would select the truth in what they taught, illuminate this truth in thier minds, this effectively crowded out the associated error; . . . "

PostPosted:  

i bow deeply to all who are here

how beautiful that this thread is entitled "prayer needed" for i feel, at this moment, that prayer IS needed to say what i wish to say in a way that does the greatest good for the greatest number of us . . . i will stay true to my current form of ramblin' for it is all i can muster in this time and space and seems to allow for intent and purpose to flow ~ ~ ~

so

thanks to all for kindnesses given. truly, anything i am/have/know/reveal is a reflection of each of you, yours strengths and weaknesses - your joys and sorrows. it is Nancy who dared to show up here in her anguish who should be honored and, to me, it is a privilege to do so.

yes, asking for help, that is, posturing as the child/needy one/student can and does create the "teacher" in one to emerge
and draws out the best in all other student/teachers in our midst. by asking, Nancy, you were indeed our best teacher . . .

also

the "perfect" timing of coop's lovely video offering in another related thread and my reception of Jesus' affirmation of Faith on another Truthbook ministration allows me to stay centered on the truth contained in each moment rather than to be tossed and turned by the gobbledegook of he said/she said all around us at any given moment

i am much too vulnerable these past agonizing 8 weeks to let my heart and mind get caught up in the blahblahblah of life, no matter how well intended nor truly off the mark it may be. i do not have this *luxury*; MUST stay focused on truth, beauty and goodness.

all this to say

forgiveness applies
forgiveness of self which implicitly flows into forgiveness of others
of course, this forgiveness is not of us, we merely receive it and then practice it

over and over and over again

i fully trust that we are ALL covered, unified, oversidewaysupsidedown by
Michael's Spirit of Truth
Mother's (Holy Spirit's) Spirit of Fact

in this we rest, live and move and have our being(s)

unimaginable pain has taught me this ~ may i be worthy,

susan

PostPosted:  

NAMASTE 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcgNJ7cgDVs

PostPosted:  

Thank Bonita for pulling those quotes...

and what a beautiful video Bill...

Namaste...

PostPosted:  

Nancy and Susan, Your asking for help and prayers has touched a spot in all our hearts to help you in any way we can. Our Heavenly Father has already gathered you up in his loving arms to hold you secure until you can again regain your spiritual composure. His spot within each of us is his way of being so close when we need him. He is our storm shelter within. We will be here also with our love and words as you may need them. 1Bob.

PostPosted:  

Coop...the video is beautiful, and the message fit perfectly with what so many have been attempting to put into words here. We will continue to learn how to show love and respect for our differences as we begin to recognize the sameness within each of us.

Thank you...

159.3.12 When my children once become self-conscious of the assurance of the divine presence, such a faith will expand the mind, ennoble the soul, reinforce the personality, augment the happiness, deepen the spirit perception, and enhance the power to love and be loved.

We really are, each and every one of us...still young children trying to learn how to walk without falling down too terribly often.

Peace to all
Jo

No longer can man presume to monopolize the ministry of religious service. ...among the followers of Jesus woman has been forever set free from all religious discriminations based on gender. TUB pg 2065 (194:3.14)

PostPosted:  

The video is great, coop...thank you so much...just what I needed today.

Love to All,

MaryJo

PostPosted:  

Hi all....been a while...had life in shape...was going great...then....well..I'm not doing so good...please pray for my healing....

Life has been the most painful I have ever experienced. Please pray that I will find strength to endure..find my way.

Right now..can't read very well so if y'all could post some small quotes..would be awesome...can't do searches or anything right now...serious cognitive damage...even having to learn cursive handwriting again...argh. Would love to read something that may help me get through this time. Wish I could offer up a quote...but..at today...this student..needs input...needs help...

PostPosted:  

Hey Fishin'Mom. :D Coincidentally I was just thinking about you yesterday (internet conversations apparently do install personal connections :))!.. I don’t know what your illness or physical problem is, but it sounds rather bad.. Anyway, I really hope/pray you’ll feel a lot better soon..

I came across these quotes where Jesus teaches his apostles "a suggestive form of prayer" (144:1.7):
Quote:
144:2.5 … These stories I tell you to encourage you to persist in praying and not to intimate that your petitions will change the just and righteous Father above. Your persistence, however, is not to win favor with God but to change your earth attitude and to enlarge your soul's capacity for spirit receptivity.

144:2.6 … Genuine faith will remove mountains of material difficulty which may chance to lie in the path of soul expansion and spiritual progress.
And:
Quote:
91:8.11 God answers man’s prayer by giving him an increased revelation of truth, an enhanced appreciation of beauty, and an augmented concept of goodness. Prayer is a subjective gesture, but it contacts with mighty objective realities on the spiritual levels of human experience; it is a meaningful reach by the human for superhuman values. It is the most potent spiritual-growth stimulus.
Now I’m not at all sure this might help you very much at the moment. At least it indicates that prayer could work.. ;)

Good luck & greetings, Bart

PostPosted:  

You Are In My Prayers For Comfort and Healing
May you Have a Inner Peace and a Renewd
Strength For your Wellness of
Mind , Soul , Spirit And Body .
May The Holy Divine Mother Embrace you in Her Healing
Light and Refresh Every Fiber of You Anew .
IN Jesus Christ Michaels Name We Pray
AMEN
May It Be So .

Fishin'Mom
Know That
You Are Truely Loved
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvaZFRwJ ... re=related

PostPosted:  

FAITH , HOPE , LOVE 8)

Blessings of LOVE TO YOU !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SLLoMY9c4c
Sacred Seraphic
Alex Grey

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next