Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:52 pm +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: a thought
PostPosted:  

I'm posting this because it seems to me that the whole point behind everything is being missed by far too many. The reason why we do research, devote time, money, and ourselves to the study of the UB isn't to further our relationships here. It is to come to a closer, more personal understanding of God and to further our relationship with him. If, and I stress if, we can improve our earthly relationships in the process then that's good but, to place our human relationships on par with what our relationship to The Father is meant to be then we are not being honest in our search for truth nor are we seperating ourselves from our animalistic nature. Marriage, work, politics, church, etc...are constructs of human society and thus are inherently flawed and should never be placed before an honest desire to seek and serve the will of the Creator. No-one should have nor be seeking the right to place their need for a relationship before another beings' need for freedom. The individual quest for knowledge, truth, compassion and a conscious contact/commitment to these things supersedes all artifical institutions, including the institution of marriage.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: marriage & family life
PostPosted:  

Tim

To some degree I agree. But there is a major problem, many of us haven't yet read the UB from cover to cover and it is a real requirement to discuss this brilliant manuscript at a higher level. I see nothing wrong for the brotherhood to counsel and explain to members what they know not off. It's spiritual help obviously needed.

To achieve the level you are suggesting would require TruthBook administration to creat another webpage that would only admit brothers and sisters that have read the UB at least 4 time or more. It took me at least 4 reading to feel some what advanced. But despite readings of many more than 4 times, I still find myself learning everytime I reread the UB.

Brother .......Jess

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

"Jesus made it plain that he had come to establish personal and eternal relations with men which should forever take precedence over all other human relationships." p1593:6 141:7.5

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:07 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

So why are we even bothering with each other? Why would Michael even consider becoming human and experience all that being "human"entailed?

Seems that some vital info has been left out of this "..isn't to further our relationships here".

Some may not like to associate with other living beings that are still on this material plane of existence, especially if they don't think the same as they do. But undoubtedly there are reasons for us mere mortals to be here...and rub elbows with other human beings.
You think maybe we gotta start somewhere?
You think maybe we aren't as advanced as we would like to believe? :wink:

This may be an interesting discussion.

Have fun....

Jo

Last edited by jak on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:19 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Hiyah Brother Tim 8)

I think that you may be missing the greater POINT for serving GOD for the Greater GOOD .

That by US being GOD Conscious and actually DOING GODs will
in our daily life , that in our service to GOD , in return thru him in us and
from us , OUR Spirit is a reflection of his LOVE and spirit that he freely gives to us , and in our reflectivity our Soul an Spirit Shines that Love to
EVERYONE Freely . OR it should if we indeed show the Fruits of the Spirit .

''Marriage, work, politics, church, etc...are constructs of human society and thus are inherently flawed and should never be placed before an honest desire to seek and serve the will of the Creator. ''

AND IN ''Marriage, work, politics, church, etc...''

By doing GODs will 1st ...
EVERTHING else in our Lives are then Blessed and Grow in his Grace and LOVE by Shareing IT ....the fruits of the Spirit in ACTION
With ALL we may meet on our Path .

FAITH without Good works is a Dead Faith .

BY DOING GODs will IT IS his Will that WE LOVE and SERVE OTHERS .

YES ... {{{THE FATHERHOOD of GOD}}} comes 1st

AND by it and thru it then comes the LOVE of

{{{the Brotherhood of man }}}

GOD is thee Cake , We are the iceing on his cake , ...
Thee Fruit of the spirit is thee Cherry on TOP . :mrgreen:

IS it the other way around for the Supreme ? :idea:

Faith Son
Coop

My GOD LIVE
TURN it up and watch Full Screen !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh0woT7N ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

GOD is thee Cake , We are the iceing on his cake , ...
Thee Fruit of the spirit is thee Cherry on TOP .

Coop...you do have a way with words...and it really is a sweet description of our relationship with and in God.

Thanks for the smile :mrgreen:

Peace
Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Thankz Sis JO 8)

Be it came from in or outtah my Spirit or TA or ...
Prob , because I'm a Diabetic .... and can only Dream of
Cake .... :cry: Pssst ; I Do sin tho Sometimes !

ALL Praise goes to the FATHER , he IS SWEET !

Page 138:

"Brotherhood constitutes a fact of relationship between every personality in universal existence. No person can escape the benefits or the penalties that may come as a result of relationship to other persons. The part profits or suffers in measure with the whole. The good effort of each man benefits all men; the error or evil of each man augments the tribulation of all men. As moves the part, so moves the whole. As the progress of the whole, so the progress of the part. The relative velocities of part and whole determine whether the part is retarded by the inertia of the whole or is carried forward by the momentum of the cosmic brotherhood."

DOING GODs Will augments ALL/ Everything else in our life .

GODs Virus of LOVE flows in a symphonic synchronisation
thru all his creations .

I AM thee Egg man , but not thee walrus ...
Ko co ka chooo ... 8)

WHAT A Master Artist Eh ?

AMEN

Faith Son
Coop

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Tim, on close inspection it appears that your post is proposing that the goal for living should be to become a recluse while the quote coop provides above gives the underlying purpose for living as being just the opposite. It might be good to clarify just what it is the fifth epochal revelation is about — and that would be relationships; my relationship with the Father, my relationship with you, my relationship with the cosmos.

This topic begins with saying that the reason why we do research, devote time, money, and ourselves to the study of the UB isn't to further our relationships here but is to come to a closer, more personal understanding of God and to further our relationship with him. If that were entirely true then that pursuit could be carried on in a cave while contemplating our navel and that's not what the UB endorses. One of the purposes behind Part IV of TUB is to reinforce the understanding that specifically we are here to improve our relationships through a realization that we are all spiritual brothers and sisters. One of the purposes behind Parts I-III is to provide a new understanding that we live in a friendly cosmos teeming with intelligent life with which we will interact and form uncountable relationships along the way to the discovery of the Father.

If our earthly focus is solely to connect with the Father we can become dangerously close to turning into religious extremists detached from material reality and unable to interact on a practical level with our peers.

The search for God is a personal voyage, not dependent upon relationships. But one of the overarching concepts of TUB is that the whole ascension career, from planetary mortal to finaliter, is comprised of nothing but relationships and they begin right here and right now.

Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

p1124:4  102:6.2 The gods of primitive men may have been no more than shadows of themselves; the living God is the divine light whose interruptions constitute the creation shadows of all space.

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:08 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Still working on it Iris... it's a never ending process.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Larry 8) Isnt that a [ JYIS] ? :shock:

Sis Iris 8)

Could you please Clarify your reply To Larry a bit ,
Please do let Us mere Neophytes in on what your Truth person
revealed to you as the Truth then . Clue us clueless in on the
secret .

Iris ~ I AM not your nemesis nor your student , like it or not , I AM your
Brother in Christ . OK .

Character and Morals

...man develops his character by unselfish service; he unfolds his moral nature in loving relations with his fellows.

The Urantia Book, Page 1862:7(170:3.10)

OUR Character is our Fate .

Faith Son
Coop

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

p1446:2 131:2.13 "And to all who love the Lord supremely and their neighbors like themselves, the God of heaven says: 'I will ransom you from the grave; I will redeem you from death. I will be merciful to your children, as well as just. Have I not said of my creatures on earth, you are the sons of the living God? And have I not loved you with an everlasting love? Have I not called you to become like me and to dwell forever with me in Paradise?'"

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:09 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Dear Iris and All,

Just because

"Jesus made it plain that he had come to establish personal and eternal relations with men which should forever take precedence over all other human relationships."

does not mean (to me, at least) that relationship with others is somehow unimportant. Relationship is the most important thing we do - relationship with God, with Jesus and with each other. And sometimes, it is THROUGH our relationship with others that our relationship with God is strengthened and our understanding and appreciation of God is enhanced...

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

After quite a few years of going it on my own, interacting with others as needed (while keeping that mask of indifference in place with all but of a couple of long time friends), even going to the point of developing an extremely intimate relationship with God that of-course-no-one-else-could-possibly-understand...I finally crashed and burned.

And I finally became teachable.

And the God that I thought I had such a unique relationship with took my hand and guided me to...people.
And God began to teach me some basic truths that I had skipped over...through people.

And I began to meet a different piece of God through all the crazy-mixed up-frightened-searching-hopeful-timid-scared-joyful-angry-curious-broken and healing people that I encountered.

And surprisingly, I met myself! All along I had thought that I knew me so well...and then I met this scared little kid. Yikes! (We're still trying to grow up as gracefully as possible :? )

And then...when I began reading the UB I found out that this is the way it is supposed to be. It makes so much sense now; we each have a fragment of God within us and when we connect we learn on a level otherwise lost to us. What I am being taught by Christ today comes through my living interaction with people...and he is so smack in the middle of it all.

And it is sweet.

Peace
Jo

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Quote:
Love, unselfishness, must undergo a constant and living readaptative interpretation of relationships in accordance with the leading of the Spirit of Truth. Love must thereby grasp the ever-changing and enlarging concepts of the highest cosmic good of the individual who is loved. And then love goes on to strike this same attitude concerning all other individuals who could possibly be influenced by the growing and living relationship of one spirit-led mortal's love for other citizens of the universe. And this entire living adaptation of love must be effected in the light of both the environment of present evil and the eternal goal of the perfection of divine destiny.
And so must we clearly recognize that neither the golden rule nor the teaching of nonresistance can ever be properly understood as dogmas or precepts. They can only be comprehended by living them, by realizing their meanings in the living interpretation of the Spirit of Truth, who directs the loving contact of one human being with another. 1950:05-1951:00

p1592:6 141:6.4 "You cannot teach the deep things of the spirit to those who have been born only of the flesh; first see that men are born of the spirit before you seek to instruct them in the advanced ways of the spirit. Do not undertake to show men the beauties of the temple until you have first taken them into the temple. Introduce men to God and as the sons of God before you discourse on the doctrines of the fatherhood of God and the sonship of men."

The early Christians (and all too many of the later ones) generally lost sight of the Father-and-son idea embodied in Jesus' teaching of the kingdom, while they substituted therefor the well-organized social fellowship of the church. The church thus became in the main a social brotherhood which effectively displaced Jesus' concept and ideal of a spiritual brotherhood.1865:05

p2088:3 196:0.8 The faith of Jesus visualized all spirit values as being found in the kingdom of God; therefore he said, "Seek first the kingdom of heaven." Jesus saw in the advanced and ideal fellowship of the kingdom the achievement and fulfillment of the "will of God." The very heart of the prayer which he taught his disciples was, "Your kingdom come; your will be done."

Jesus offered no rules for social advancement; his was a religious mission, and religion is an exclusively individual experience. The ultimate goal of society's most advanced achievement can never hope to transcend Jesus' brotherhood of men based on the recognition of the fatherhood of God. The ideal of all social attainment can be realized only in the coming of this divine kingdom.2093:05

And the invisible brotherhood of the kingdom may well include these family groups of various social and temperamental classes if they are only willing to become truly spirit-led sons of God. 2085:06

Last edited by Bonita on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:11 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.