Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 9:01 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Oregon Urantia Campout
PostPosted:  

Hi,

Would you please help us spread the word about our Oregon Urantia Campout? Please forward this on to anyone you think would be interested.

Just a reminder that if you're thinking of coming to the Oregon Urantia Campout from August 18-20, you'll save $10 if you register before July 1.

Go to http://www.artplanetarium.com/urantia_campout_06.html and scroll down about half way until you see the words, "Download and print out a registration form (pdf) by clicking here." You have to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to download the form. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then just mail your check for $35 per person to my address on the web site. Include your name, address, phone, email address, and whether you want a vegetarian meal or not for the Saturday dinner. That's all the registration form is asking for. If there are other people in your party, please list their names too and include $35 per adult, or $20 for under 21, free if under 6.

This is a campout for ALL Urantia Book readers and their families and friends. It's not "sponsored" by any "official" group, but it is being put together by eight UB enthusiasts who have each been studying the book for over 30 years. Spiritual unity and brotherly-sisterly love are the motivation of those of us planning this get-together.

By the way, it has struck me that some folks who don't know me might think I'm pulling a scam to try to get people to mail money to me. :? I'm not. I'm a long time reader of the UB, and Paula, the administrator of this list, can vouch for me.

Hope to see you there]

Warmly,
--Joy Brandt

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

I'll vouch for you, Joy.

Not that I don't understand your perceived need to justify your motives and clarify your pitch and all that jazz, particularly where funds are concerned. But fear not. This is a Urantia Book site. If we cannot let it be known on Truthbook where and when readers are getting together for fellowship and fun, we might as well give up.

I hope you all have a wonderful time! Wish I could be there in the flesh, but I will be there in spirit.

Post subject: Oregon Urantia Campout
PostPosted:  

Haha, thanks Gerdean.
--Joy

Post subject:
PostPosted:  

Incidentally, if there are any Urantia Book students in the vicinity of Santa Fe, New Mexico, on Sunday, August 20, 2006, the annual picnic will be held on that date (at Linda Mattock's house this time), to commemorate the anniversary of Jesus' birth here on Urantia, and you are invited to join the local UB friends and family for food, fun and fellowship. Email me for time and directions and pot luck info.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]