Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:10 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

Does anyone know of a quote from the Papers that this painting could illustrate? It was done by a friend of mine from the famous painting by Norman Rockwell of his self-portrait, and I thought it was a beautiful illustration. Thanks!

Attachments:
Norman Rockewell`s Jesus small.jpg
Norman Rockewell`s Jesus small.jpg [ 41.67 KiB | Viewed 207 times ]
 Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

131:7.3 “‘Every time man yields to anxiety, he takes one step away from the leading of the spirit of his heart.’ Pride obscures God. If you would obtain heavenly help, put away your pride; every hair of pride shuts off saving light, as it were, by a great cloud. If you are not right on the inside, it is useless to pray for that which is on the outside. ‘If I hear your prayers, it is because you come before me with a clean heart, free from falsehood and hypocrisy, with a soul which reflects truth like a mirror. If you would gain immortality, forsake the world and come to me.’”

PostPosted:  

3:1:4 (45.2) “We know we dwell in him because he lives in us; he has given us his spirit. ... God is always with us..."

16:9:14 (196.10) We worship God, first, because he is, then, because he is in us, and last, because we are in him.

31:10:12 (353.8) We evolve in him and he evolves in us.

117:4:6 (1284.2) And so, as we strive for self-expression, the Supreme is striving in us, and with us, for deity expression.

131:10:4 (1454.1) The spirit of the true God is in man’s heart. ... We live in God and God dwells in us.

PostPosted:  

1:4.1 (26.3) The infinity of the perfection of God is such that it eternally constitutes him mystery. And the greatest of all the unfathomable mysteries of God is the phenomenon of the divine indwelling of mortal minds. The manner in which the Universal Father sojourns with the creatures of time is the most profound of all universe mysteries; the divine presence in the mind of man is the mystery of mysteries.

1:4.2 (26.4) The physical bodies of mortals are “the temples of God.” Notwithstanding that the Sovereign Creator Sons come near the creatures of their inhabited worlds and “draw all men to themselves”; though they “stand at the door” of consciousness “and knock” and delight to come in to all who will “open the doors of their hearts”; although there does exist this intimate personal communion between the Creator Sons and their mortal creatures, nevertheless, mortal men have something from God himself which actually dwells within them; their bodies are the temples thereof.

PostPosted:  

Great quotes everyone, thanks so much. For the immediate need I am going to use "The spirit of the true God is in man’s heart. ... We live in God and God dwells in us." because it fits the person's situation perfectly, but all these quotes I will use in further communications with others with whom I will share this art. Thanks again!