Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:14 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: How Can This Be?
PostPosted:  

Quote:
I'll leave you to maligning what's true knowingly and deliberately.

Which is why this election is about you.

And those like you.

If anyone would know if this election is about me it's .... me. It's not about me. Whoever becomes President is someone that is tangential to my spiritual journey on Urantia and is a factor that, like climate, economy, culture, and society are things that I must navigate and exist within. But it is far from my purpose in life and is far from what I am ABOUT, as a person.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

jsg wrote:

As far as the lowering of the status of the white male, keep in mind that America was founded on the enslavement of the black race and the decimation of the red race. The white male has held the dominant position in our country for centuries, a position that obviously he wants to hold on to. But the rights of women, of gay people, of blacks, asians and hispanics are of equal value, at least in my value system. I think the UB makes it clear that in the current world, with many millenniums of racial amalgamation, that there is no one superior race. Instead what we seem to have are superior and inferior genetics spread throughout every race. This is what racists cannot comprehend; that there are brilliant, wise and decent people within every race and there are stupid, criminal, indecent and evil people within every race. This is why it is so critically important to view people as unique personalities, just as the UB says. As humans, we are all the same in countless ways, yet paradoxically, and mysteriously, we are each unique because God made it so. So why do so many not behave and think as unique personalities? Why is originality and creativity not expressed in so many? Why are humans so terrified of change and uncertainty?

What jsg wrote is masterful and is worthy of a lengthy discussion. I don't want it to get lost amidst the distractions going on.

The lack of the ability to think and behave as unique personalities is extremely evident and is very saddening. I don't understand it.

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
xobeht wrote:

To comment on the above:
Well, with all the issues of our current leader he is supported mostly by the Religious right leaning citizens. These are the very same people who are the scaffolding upon which the new UB gospel of Jesus aka; the brother/sisterhood of mankind will be built. What I see in the media in the last 40 years or more is a gradual demonization of America Christianity in general along with the white American male (especially the baby-boomer).

Paul,
Can you be more specific as to whom exactly you are referring to when you use the term "Religious right leaning citizens". By what characteristics do you identify them? How do you recognize one who is "religious right leaning" as opposed to .... religious left leaning? I guess? Or non-religious leaning of either persuasion? The Urantia Book sheds a lot of light on this question.

Quote:
103:1.1 (1129.8) The unity of religious experience among a social or racial group derives from the identical nature of the God fragment indwelling the individual. It is this divine in man that gives origin to his unselfish interest in the welfare of other men. But since personality is unique—no two mortals being alike—it inevitably follows that no two human beings can similarly interpret the leadings and urges of the spirit of divinity which lives within their minds. A group of mortals can experience spiritual unity, but they can never attain philosophic uniformity. And this diversity of the interpretation of religious thought and experience is shown by the fact that twentieth-century theologians and philosophers have formulated upward of five hundred different definitions of religion. In reality, every human being defines religion in the terms of his own experiential interpretation of the divine impulses emanating from the God spirit that indwells him, and therefore must such an interpretation be unique and wholly different from the religious philosophy of all other human beings.

When groups of individuals align under a label of any type, be it "atheists", "fundamentalists", "religious right", "Christians", they are doing it purely for political and social purposes. It has nothing to do with the individuals' unique and personal relationship with God. Therefore, saying that "the Religious right are the very same people who are the scaffolding upon which the new UB gospel of Jesus aka; the brother/sisterhood of mankind will be built," is not correct, according to the Urantia Book.

Just to give one example. The political/social group who label themselves "Religious right" are the same ones who loudly proclaim and attempt to enforce that women should not be allowed choice. Yet, we know from the Urantia Book that free will is sovereign. Even God will not take away a person's will to choose what is best for him or herself.

Excellent observation! Faith is distinctly and profoundly individual: As the UB says, we can share beliefs, but we cannot share faith. There are some who consider the UB their religion. I do not. It's like saying the bible is my religion. It is not. I honestly cannot say what my religion is, it's like music or love, or the taste of wonderful food--you have to experience it personally to know it. For me, music, marriage and meditation are ways I express my religion, my commitment to something bigger than me. Labels are separating, a false unity is no better than disunity. Genuine empathy, kindness and compassion are more valuable to me than all the ideas about God, the afterlife or the soul could ever be. Love is the only true religion.

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
Quote:
I'll leave you to maligning what's true knowingly and deliberately.

Which is why this election is about you.

And those like you.

If anyone would know if this election is about me it's .... me. It's not about me. Whoever becomes President is someone that is tangential to my spiritual journey on Urantia and is a factor that, like climate, economy, culture, and society are things that I must navigate and exist within. But it is far from my purpose in life and is far from what I am ABOUT, as a person.

Yep. Be in the world, not of the world....

PostPosted:  

Agon D. Onter wrote:
The lack of the ability to think and behave as unique personalities is extremely evident and is very saddening

This is the attitude that caused your side to lose the election the last time.

And it will again be the main catalyst for the reelection of the president this time.

The election is about you.

PostPosted:  

I choose values over victory.

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
Agon D. Onter wrote:
The lack of the ability to think and behave as unique personalities is extremely evident and is very saddening

And it will again be the main catalyst for the reelection of the president this time.

You are not making sense. What are you actually trying to say? Could you put a little more effort into what it is you mean?

Can you try and stick to facts and tell us specifically what policies of the current administration are helping the country, the world and yourself?

PostPosted:  

Just for fun, a blast from the past.

PostPosted:  

jsg wrote:
You are not making sense.

We who support the president know this about you, and those like you. That it doesn't make sense to you. We understand that. We also understand how dangerous that is for our country. That you can't make sense of several basic things.

And this is why the election is about you.

PostPosted:  

Are you a follower of Q, Enno? Your phrasing and frequent use of the word "we" is indicative of Q Anon.

PostPosted:  

Why did you reply then delete your reply, Enno? I saw what you wrote; it’s certainly nothing to be ashamed of. :?:

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
jsg wrote:

We who support the president know this about you, and those like you. That it doesn't make sense to you. We understand that. We also understand how dangerous that is for our country. That you can't make sense of several basic things.

And what exactly do you support? Either you cannot or you will not tell me. I'll ask again, and if you're not a troll you'd be gracious enough to answer:

What policies exactly do you support?

I don't think you have any idea why you support him. You've been mesmerized, conned, bamboozled and lied to and you don't know it. If that were to happen to me I'd feel ashamed of myself for being so naive and gullible. What about you?

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
jsg wrote:
There's something missing here, something amiss if people who fear secular totalitarianism support the values that Trump represents.

What's missing here, is understanding.

Understanding that by supporting the establishment of the tyrannical totalitarian state, it will destroy the lives of the poorest among us, besides others, and provide the masquerading criminals pretending to be leaders to have their trillion dollar grab bags to enrich themselves while their corrupt media floods the airwaves falsely, that it's for their own good.

nodAmanaV wrote:
Agon D. Onter wrote:

nodAmanaV wrote:
jsg wrote:

WOW!! So...according to Enno....those who oppose Trump and his party are somehow responsible for the biggest Sugar Daddy Federal Bailout of Rich Corporations in history?? Not the party in charge of the Senate and the Presidency and the Treasury and Fed? Hahahahaha.....

Now there's a disconnect and disassociation from reality!! It has always been the fatcats that make policy which enslaves the working class and impoverishes the poorest among us. That has not been the policies of the current opposition but those in charge of the swamp today.

It is fascinating to watch transference in action claiming the trillion dollar grab bag has someone else's name and finger prints on it!! Holy Moly! Yikes!! The party of hate gorging on an orgy of self enriching money at the public trough, pretending to represent the working class. Good Gravey.

Where art thou sanity?? For it's down the rabbit hole we go!! Dangerous indeed.

:(

PostPosted:  

It is interesting to note, and historically factual, that from 1945 to 1985, the poorest third and middle third and richest third of Americans shared in all the gains in net income and net worth (total wealth) in lock step and proportionately. Beginning with Mr. Reagan's trickle down (or voodoo) economics policies of the mid-80's and the rise of the so called Moral Majority and pulpit politics of the far right (including Klanners and anti-abortionist radicals and the gun lobby and the armageddonists and immigrant haters Union of America - home of Rush and Breitbart and the conspiracy nuts amongst us - yes, they know who we are - creepy), the middle class has been indebted and impoverished and the poor nose dived into oblivion and despair.

The graph of income and wealth by decile has completely changed the past 35 years. The radical rich right has indeed taken over and now blame those who it enslaved for their enslavement!

An amazing reversal of epic proportions. We are all losers by that result.

And now comes forth one of the victims warning us that we are responsible for the conspiracy opposing today's buffoons and clowns. But it is WE who do not understand. Lordy, Lordy, Lordy...

Someone pinch me..... :-s

Last edited by fanofVan on Wed May 27, 2020 6:12 am +0000, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted:  

They're all in on it.

But what's worse is the attitude.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next