Switch to full style
A forum for reviews and discussion of current events, TV, books & movies from a UB or spiritual perspective that relates to The Urantia Book.
Post a reply

Re: "The Ecologue"

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:53 pm +0000

SEla_Kelly wrote:the duty to put biomatter back onto the land is an individual task

I would think the number of dead skin cells a person sloughs and the amount of excrement each individual contributes to the soil daily satisfies that duty amply, not to mention individual food waste and exhalation of carbon dioxide. Every living human being contributes bio-matter on a continual basis. The more people there are, the more bio-matter produced.

Does the UB tell us the optimum man-to-land ratio? I would think it is a relative number depending upon consumption and the ability to maximize the utilization of land.

As far as sustainability goes, I think the spiritual world is more interested in stability than sustainability. The earth itself is inherently sustainable, but not necessarily stable. I'm curious to know what others think.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:14 pm +0000

Unlike the bovines of the world, my flatulents fall to the ground because of my legume biased diet.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 pm +0000

Haha yes a poem about the life of the land. But the "Ek" is not the same as "Latin oeco, from Ancient Greek οἶκος (oîkos, “house, household”)" from whence I believe the prefix is derived.

Roof Jebus: this is the predicament that human beings enter when it comes to accounting for the ecolog. All too often, the consideration of human wastes goes "out the crapper", into a collective, or citywide sewage treatment plant, often located along riverways the lowest point for pipelines to flow without pumping stations. Human wastes in general are not being retained properly. Human consumption habits, in America, are of such a low quality that the excrements, the human excrements from our persons, is deemed too low to reuse. With modern industrial standardification, we usually do not consider composted material to be "commercial grade" unless the anaerobic decomposition creates an internal ubiquitous temperature of more than 130 degrees. There are many considerations scientifically where one would identify the potential risks of pathogens. Teachers and administrators should be aware of these conditions strategically before employing carbon sequestration policy, and hire the right volunteers or experts to oversee if this is done publicly, outside of households who tend to have more freedom with how the soils are generated and how the plant materials are used.

But I am not talking about a poem, or an epic poem. Instead I am referring to a digitical auditing system that children can use as a software platform to measure the successes they have created in horticulture. In short, a program that teaches children "how to be fruitful and multiply", according to natural based economic algorithm. Further more auditing is the key to scholarship both in the field and in the realm of thorough research. Access to fields for students to grow, is as important as the ability to obtain unbiased research and accurate statistics in the libraries or through the internet data-base. The known biology of plants is not a static one, but rather one that impinges upon social policy to begin with. So I create the ecolog system to show students what is accessible botanically for their climate, and to track the survival of the plants that the student has attempted to grow. An auditing system ensures the receipt of seeds and can keep track of both failures and successes. It is a participatory system that requires people to actually count the number and variety of plants existing in their field at the end of the season, in order to calculate such survival %.

I think when we open our eyes to the fact that national corporations have used satellite technology to scope out the last remaining pockets of necessary resources for their technological infrastructure, it would also be a time where the next generation would think it absurd, if they did not begin to put back, into the ecologue, a greater portion of materials compared to what has already been extracted by previous generations of mankind. This requires a reassessment and a better appraisals of value, within a certain "volume of soil"

If you look at the marketplace, plastic and clay pots are still valuable items, being that they represent, are able to hold a "certain volume" of earth in which plants could sink their roots into. In reality, the potter's field Matthew 27:7-10, represents something in the modern sense: that a field stripped of its clay is no more useful to the farmer and its next best use would only be as a cemetery. This is a modern colloquial interpretation. The pots "hold the shape" but when they are filled with dirt, as in the modern custom, then the feng shui concept originates "how many different things could you have growing together." And so is the concept of japanese feudalism true for the owner of an island, or even just a little bonsai patch, but really a good 12'x20' greenhouse to work with. Whatever you have to work with, make the best of it is the recommendation basically. It is the idea that there is only a finite amount of clay in the field for the potter to use, so it must be used as wisely and efficiently as possible. Or in the sense of modern imminence: the soil can become enriched or parched beyond obsolescence, depending on our action.

So if you are taking the resources out of the ecologue, coal, petrol, clay for instance, then we can see how the potter's field in itself, by the act of slow depletion, becomes "a hole in and of itself", much like the pots that the potter makes. Nevertheless, people still devote themselves to knowing the land's ideal use: a hollow quarry, an empty fractured gas pocket, a salt mine that was carved into an ornate cathedral. What is the value once the resources are consumed.

The system that farmers work with works just fine: they record the name of the species, the date of receipt and the number of seeds collected. This is correlated with seasonal harvest totals, and the total number seeds is often just the average number of seeds per fruit multiplied by the total number of like fruit harvested. Such data translates into basic associable information in the individuated ecolog.
Last edited by SEla_Kelly on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:03 pm +0000, edited 5 times in total.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:43 pm +0000

Optimum ecologue (or ecolog depending on the formal or more familiar form of this non-word devoid of definition or meaning or relevancy to the UB and depending on the nonuser's preference of spelling of this nonword without definition) requires only one unicorn fart per millennium per planet to rebalance and harmonize the flatulence imbalances of a world which may reach occasional atmospheric carbon surpluses and/or soil depletion shortages due to inadequate personal deposits of compost and related components.

Or so a leprechaun once estimated and told me this is so.

Cheers to crazy town. Troll feeding...not a serious affair.

LOL. :wink:

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:38 am +0000

SEla_Kelly...

This thread about your fictitious ecologue is not going anywhere good. If you aim to talk about agriculture and its importance for humanity, that is one thing. But your rambling posts are not accomplishing much except blow back from others who can't seem to make heads nor tails of them. And I am one of them.

There are ample passages in The Urantia Book that discuss agriculture. I suggest you have a look at this topical study on the subject. https://truthbook.com/urantia/topical-studies/agriculture

If you can ties some of your ideas to Urantia Book text, that would be good. If not, this thread is going to be locked, because now it is devolving into nonsense.

the management
Post a reply