Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:05 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

In Lak'ech. As your friend and servant, I would like to share a primer I have developed that addresses the cosmology and metaphysics of the Urantia Papers, particularly the Seven Absolutes of Infinity. The work (which is presented in its entirety at http://primeronreality.com) is the result of a desire I had for unity along three axes:

1. Reconcile the rich testimony of religious experiences found in the world's scared texts with my own personal, spiritual experience of God (unity between me and my brethren)
  2. Reconcile, to the furthest possible degree, my rational processes with my spiritual certainty (an attempt to cause the mind to learn what the heart knows)
  3. Reconcile the UB metaphysics (primarily summarized in the Forward) with all this diverse experiential evidence (unity between revealed and evolved conceptions of truth), which is really the unification of our remedial conceptions with the conceptions held by the rest of the universe

When we are told things like:

Quote:
10:8.6 (116.7) I once sojourned in a universe where a certain group of beings taught that the finaliters, in eternity, were eventually to become the children of the Deity Absolute. But I am unwilling to accept this solution of the mystery which enshrouds the future of the finaliters.

I want to be able to engage the meanings and implications of what was just said. What do these things actually mean for me as an ascender? Surely they mean something prominent, else the revelators would not have spent their precious efforts to convey those concepts to us. So I evacuated my mind of all I had learned (similar to Renes Descartes' approach) then I build up the model incrementally to understand if the model the Papers presents could be passively arrived at. The question I wanted to answer is: Are the Triodities obvious? Building up the model on my own would allow me to be involved in observing what these components of reality (in essence) are, where they came from, why they are, and the nature of the relationships between the components. I invite you to study the findings of my approach in this topic, and to help me improve the model by offering your commentary. Many blessings to you. Ala K'in.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Greetings Friend. I look forward to proper time to review and study. For those, like me, who may be unfamiliar with Lak'ech, I offer the following brief description of what immediately captures my interest. Thanks for joining us!

"In Mayan tradition, there is a greeting that many people working with Mayan wisdom know of. It is the law of In Lak'ech Ala K'in, which means I am another yourself (A modern day interpretation). It also means I am you, and you are me (A traditional Mayan interpretation). We have come to understand that this Mayan greeting is an honoring for each other. It is a statement of unity and oneness. In Lak'ech Ala K'in mirrors the same sediment of other beautiful greetings such as Namaste for East India, Wiracocha for the Inca, and Mitakuye Oyasin for the Lakota."

A "bing" search page result: https://www.bing.com/search?q=In+Lak%27 ... FORM=R5FD3

This philosophy of living should fit well in the UB we study here together! Namaste

8)

Profile Send private message