Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:10 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  

I just watched the second episode of the PBS documentary series entitled "Uranium -- Twisting the Dragon's Tail". The series explores the possibilities of nuclear energy vs its destructive capability we're all to familiar with since Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Recently in another thread we discussed the likelihood that nuclear radioactivity as an energy source is the "undiscovered" energy the UB makes reference to in several places. It seems clear that if we can get by the destructive use of this energy as it is being used today militarily, we should use it as a clean source of energy more and put to bed forever all other polluting sources of energy like petroleum, coal and so forth.

The question I want to raise is, have the revelators inserted one big hint to this whole thing by using the name for uranium, the most fundamental radioactive element, as the basis for the name of our planet, Urantia?

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted:  

Urartu or Urartian is the likely source in my opinion.

PostPosted:  

It might just be simpler to see if there is or are other languages which can translate this word, which might present additional clues as to its usage and history?

"Urantia" in Polish translates directly to "Earth" in English.

The Polish translation for "Ur" equals "born" in English.

The prefix "Ur-" in German converts to "Primal" in English, and in some dialects "First".

The prefix "ant-" in German converts to "Offering" in English."

The suffix "-ia" in English has the following references to "Word Origin":
"1. a noun suffix having restricted application in various fields, as in names of diseases ( malaria; anemia), place names ( Italia; Romania), names of Roman feasts ( Lupercalia), Latin or Latinizing plurals ( Amphibia; insignia; Reptilia), and in other loanwords from Latin ( militia).
Origin of -ia < New Latin, Latin, Greek, equivalent to -i- (formative or connective) or -ī- (Greek -ei-) + -a, feminine singular or neuter plural noun or adj. ending"

So, in Polish "Urantia" would mean its actual usage in the UB, as "Earth".
Then there would be an internal meaning in German for "Ur-ant", as "Primal-offering".
But then to analyze the suffix of "-ia", where when broken from Latin to Greek, could imply a "connective-feminine" or the feminine singular - neuter plural, where it may have an underlying reference to the origins of life can be found in the feminine, or neutered masculine, or then it could just refer to "ending".

Or, the Ending to the Primal Offering.

However it is more likely that the name Urantia is more closely associated to Urartu
Where there are many word similarities which are found in the UB.
Quote:
Urartu (Armenian: Ուրարտու - Urartu, Assyrian: māt Urarṭu; Babylonian: Urashtu), corresponding to the biblical Kingdom of Ararat (Armenian: Արարատյան Թագավորություն) or Kingdom of Van (Armenian: Վանի Թագավորություն, Urartian: Biai, Biainili) was an Iron Age kingdom centered on Lake Van in the Armenian Highlands.

Strictly speaking, Urartu is the Assyrian term for a geographical region, while "kingdom of Urartu" or "Biainili lands" are terms used in modern historiography for the Urartian-speaking Iron Age state that arose in that region. This language appears in inscriptions. Though there is no written evidence of any other language being spoken in this kingdom, it is argued on linguistic evidence that Proto-Armenian came in contact with Urartian at an early date.

That a distinction should be made between the geographical and the political entity was already pointed out by König (1955). The landscape corresponds to the mountainous plateau between Asia Minor, Mesopotamia, the Iranian Plateau, and the Caucasus mountains, later known as the Armenian Highlands. The kingdom rose to power in the mid-9th century BC, but was conquered by Media in the early 6th century BC. The heirs of Urartu are the Armenians and their successive kingdoms.

At its height, the Urartu kingdom may have stretched North beyond the Aras River (Greek Araxes) and Lake Sevan, encompassing present-day Armenia and even the southern part of Georgia (e.g. Qulha) almost to the shores of the Black Sea; west to the sources of the Euphrates; east to present-day Tabriz, Lake Urmia, and beyond; and south to the sources of the Tigris.

Fragment of a bronze helmet from Argishti I's era. The "tree of life", popular among the ancient societies, is depicted. The helmet was discovered during the excavations of the fortress Of Teyshebaini on Karmir-Blur (Red Hill).

Last edited by Caligastia on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:59 pm +0000, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted:  

Thank you my brothers! It is all very interesting.

PostPosted:  

140:8.21 (1582.2) He refused to advertise evil.

Why are we spending so much time here on something negative? The list of things hypocritical, oppresive, and cruel is long. Why don't we look at the teachings of the UB and try to help each other discern better how to live correctly and set an example for our friends. Isn't that the most we can do? Live now as if already in heaven? Won't that cure all man's "ailments" eventually? Isn't it clear it's the only way?

It can only happen through one man and woman at a time - that's us. If we here in this forum pool our interest in the UB and support each other more, we might just push it all further ahead just a little bit, rather than argue about the current political muse of the day. There's enough bad news streaming out there. Let's make this a place for the good news. :D

I agree. Lets stick to only good news. :smile:

PostPosted:  

nodAmanaV wrote:
140:8.21 (1582.2) He refused to advertise evil.

Why are we spending so much time here on something negative? The list of things hypocritical, oppresive, and cruel is long. Why don't we look at the teachings of the UB and try to help each other discern better how to live correctly and set an example for our friends. Isn't that the most we can do? Live now as if already in heaven? Won't that cure all man's "ailments" eventually? Isn't it clear it's the only way?

It can only happen through one man and woman at a time - that's us. If we here in this forum pool our interest in the UB and support each other more, we might just push it all further ahead just a little bit, rather than argue about the current political muse of the day. There's enough bad news streaming out there. Let's make this a place for the good news. :D

I agree, nodAmanaV. Lets just stick to positive things on this forum. :D

PostPosted:  

From my previous presentation regarding the origins of the name “Urantia”, what was presented would only be the various uses and similarities to the name, however it is more likely that its origins would come from ancient “Mythology” and its various roots to the gods which were presented on Earth.
It would be more likely that “Urantia” was associated to “Uranus” which was a “primal Greek god” and that its Roman god equivalent is “Caelus” which might also have a connotation to the name “Caligastia”, where in the following it may be more evident in association to other literary history.

Quote:
“Uranus (Mythology)”
Uranus (/ˈjʊərənəs/ or /jʊˈreɪnəs/; Ancient Greek Οὐρανός, Ouranos [oːranós] meaning "sky" or "heaven") was the primal Greek god personifying the sky. His equivalent in Roman mythology was Caelus. In Ancient Greek literature, Uranus or Father Sky was the son and husband of Gaia, Mother Earth. According to Hesiod's Theogony, Uranus was conceived by Gaia alone, but other sources cite Aether as his father. Uranus and Gaia were the parents of the first generation of Titans, and the ancestors of most of the Greek gods, but no cult addressed directly to Uranus survived into Classical times, and Uranus does not appear among the usual themes of Greek painted pottery. Elemental Earth, Sky and Styx might be joined, however, in a solemn invocation in Homeric epic.

It is interesting to note from above that “Uranus” “was the son and husband of Gaia. Mother Earth.” This is interesting in that the UB also associates the Son and Mother as being represented as one. Where Gaia had conceived Uranus “alone”, where the only human association to being able to perform such an act would be for a true hermaphrodite, being both male and female inseminating self to create a child which would be a son, and in order to create any diverse progeny the son would then father as husband, from the mother. However, it could also be probable that “Uranus” having been born from a hermaphrodite could also be the same but, noted as being androgenous, where a list of “Gaia’s” offspring with other counterparts, including “Aether” which produced “Uranus (more commonly held to be child of Gaia alone)” and associated to Gnostic text as having feminine and masculine names, yet one being.

Now the reason which I had mentioned above that the name “Caligastia” may have come from “Caelus”, the Roman counterpart name for “Uranus” is that within the Greek Mythology of “Uranus”, the story has him being castrated making him impotent but, as a byproduct of this castration “Aphrodite” was producted.

Quote:
Uranus imprisoned Gaia's youngest children in Tartarus, deep within Earth, where they caused pain to Gaia. She shaped a great flint-bladed sickle and asked her sons to castrate Uranus. Only Cronus, youngest and most ambitious of the Titans, was willing: he ambushed his father and castrated him, casting the severed testicles into the sea.

For this fearful deed, Uranus called his sons Titanes Theoi, or "Straining Gods." From the blood that spilled from Uranus onto the Earth came forth the Giants, the Erinyes (the avenging Furies), the Meliae (the ash-tree nymphs), and, according to some, the Telchines. From the genitals in the sea came forth Aphrodite.

I came across the reference to “Uranus” and “Gaia” while referencing the following Book of Revelation verse:

Quote:
(KJV) Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Where having already known the reference to “Lilith” in the Old Testament, which is associated to the Babylonian Talmud, and various corresponding Apocryphal and Gnostic text which have associated “Lilith” to Adam being the first couple, yet through various issues which have taken on numerous tails or stories, the most prominent being that she knew the name of God and dared to verbalize it, thereby invoking the powers of God, which she was admonished and cursed. Nevertheless there are several related text that shed different light on the Biblical Garden of Eden presentation Adam was left alone and therefore the creation of Eve. In general it has a similar relationship to the creation of “Aphrodite” from “Uranus”, where the castration of “Uranus” story relating to the using of the Adam’s rib, to create Eve, or in essence deposed “Uranus” as having lost something which made him less powerful transforming it to “Aphrodite”.

Therefore it is likely that the name “Urantia” is synonymous to “Uranus” the first son to “Gaia”, mother earth, where if one had not notices that “Satania” is associated or in honor of “Satan”, first to Lucifer, and “Dalamatia in honor of Daligastia”, first to Caligastia.

PostPosted:  

Cal, that took some effort. Very thorough. I wonder if you know anything about the "Uran" prefix of the name Uranium? Is this coincidental? Without specific significance? Or have the revelators embedded a message in our world's name?

PostPosted:  

Cal, in your studies have you come across St. Lucifer of Cagliari? He was a bishop of Sardinia in the lat 4th century. Notice anything strange in the names? "Lucifer," "Cagliari" and "Sardinia."

Also there are parallels between the history of St. Lucifer's rebellion against the Emperor Constantius and TUB's rendition of the of the Lucifer's rebellion of Satania.

PostPosted:  

brooklyn_born wrote:
Cal, in your studies have you come across St. Lucifer of Cagliari? He was a bishop of Sardinia in the lat 4th century. Notice anything strange in the names? "Lucifer," "Cagliari" and "Sardinia."

Also there are parallels between the history of St. Lucifer's rebellion against the Emperor Constantius and TUB's rendition of the of the Lucifer's rebellion of Satania.

"brooklyn_born"/BB, I was not aware of the "St. Lucifer" connection until, as I recall reading it in one of your posts. However, I was aware of an association with "Sardinia" with the "Kingdom of Sardinia", while doing some research on the "Holy Roman Empire" which the former was a part of. I was researching the blood lines as they were indicated as having travelled into Europe, as noted in the UB.
Quote:
4. The Andite Invasions of Europe
(892.4) 80:4.1 While the Andites poured into Europe in a steady stream, there were seven major invasions, the last arrivals coming on horseback in three great waves. Some entered Europe by way of the islands of the Aegean and up the Danube valley, but the majority of the earlier and purer strains migrated to northwestern Europe by the northern route across the grazing lands of the Volga and the Don.

Where I was interested in my own lineage which is associated to that region and, knowing that my father was born in "Naturns", which is now in Northern Italy but at the time of his birth, was a part of "Austro-Hungarian Empire" which was associated to the "Holy Roman Empire", which was prior, associated to the "Ottoman Empire", where my family crest still retains the crescent moon and star as noted on the Ottoman Flag, although the family crest has changed over the centuries, where the last change was the removal of the musket which left the power horn only hanging. What I found interesting, was the city Coat of Arms of Naturns, which presented a triangle on a blue azure background shield.

Naturns - Coat of Arms
"The shield azure and an equilateral triangle of or It is taken from that of the old dynasty of the Lords of Nals who lived in the village until 1380. The coat of arms was granted in 1966."

Otherwise, there is much heritage of the periods, which portrayed in the Urantia Book.

Side note to "nodAmanaV", I have found a correlation with the word "Uranium" where it is associated to "Uranus" only because Uranium was discovered around the time of the discovery of Uranus. There are other correlations which might be found in the UB. I'm still working on the info and, will present it as soon as I have finished my research.