Urantia Book Forum

Urantia Book Discussion Board : Study Group
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:54 am +0000

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted:  
Site Admin

Students of The Urantia Book often feel a strong desire to reach out, to give back some of the gift they've received from their connection with the book; outreach isn't always an easy thing but I recently had this suggestion passed on to me that may be of interest to some; this is a very grass roots outreach where every little contribution will be felt personally.

This (http://www.loveeachotherministries.org/) is a ministry in southern India, an impoverished and dangerous area for those who work to spread the gospel. I'm familiar with this minister and his outreach because I'm familiar with Preston Thomas, author of the book The Life and Teachings of Jesus, a Restatement of the Gospel. Preston is a Bible scholar as well as a long time student of The Urantia Book. His book retells the gospel from the chronology of TUB as well as using the translations of the Bible with wording most closely following TUB narrative. You can see his book at http://www.lifeandteachingsofjesus.org/

The Indian pastor of loveeachotherministries found Preston's book on the internet while searching for teaching aids for his ministry. He, Sunil Paul, is the teacher of other ministers. and he contacted Preston about Preston's book. Over the years Preston has supplied his book as a teaching aid for pastor Paul's ministry. Pastor Paul is bringing hope and love to the people he ministers to as well as opening them up to understanding the Jesus of The Urantia Book. Pastor Paul is familiar with the Gospel but is not a student of TUB. He has translated Preston's book into Telugu, the language of the state in which he preaches and teaches.

If you are looking for a way to reach out to help promote the teachings of TUB and to awaken those who search to the inspiring life and teachings of Jesus this might be a meaningful opportunity for you; one dollar is equivalent to about 60 Indian rupees, enough for one person to live one day, for in India a little bit goes a long way. Take a look at pastor Paul's website to see if you feel called to contribute to his ministry. If you do wish to contribute you will have to make contact with him through his website. Donations should be made through Western Union, which is quite simple... you pay Western Union and they give you a number. You email the number to the recipient and they can pick up the money from Western Union at their end.

Larry

Profile Send private message